This is pure kino. Get in here and talk about it. Would it help?

This is pure kino. Get in here and talk about it. Would it help?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Northwoods
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Really made me think

It's a great shot, so much said with so little.

the only movie I watched over the past two years reminded me why I don't watch them more

this is one of those films i can put on in the background and enjoy again and again.

Good film
Shitty propaganda

>The shots of comparing United States to Nazis and terrorists
This was not propaganda.

It painted both sides in the same light.

I met Spielberg & Hanks when they were shooting this movie in Poland. ask me anything.

Well, did you chat with them?

Is this Rylance-core?

Why would an American lawyer defend a slav spy to the maximum extent?

yes, Spielberg was literally walking through the streets with his wife and dog, no one really recognized them, And I was suprised how tall Hanks is, i'm 6,1 and he was taller at least 1ft.

>US put their prisoner in comfort and treat him like a man
>Soviets put their prisoner in shit and treat him like a garbage
Yeah, right.

>Tom Hanks is 7feet 1inch
nice? ig uess good for tom

good movie but i hate Spielberg's over brightened picture and excess film noise, i wish he would quit using it but at least it wasn't as a bad as minority report.

Part of his stlye these days

fuck off you underage le russia did nothing wrong memer

without a doubt.

>US had a middle class with wealth
>Soviets had gulags and shitholes people starving to death and god knows what else
WAAAAH WHY ARE THEY SHOWING THE SOVIETS AS THE BAD GUYS

>slav

It's jew propaganda kino

It does also do this but it's a film about Tom Hanks' character being good man. It's not about US, the spies of US are shown in bad light.

yea, anyway if you google his height, it's says he's around 6,1 which is pure bullshit. dunno where they're getting those.

Yes. I also hope you have watched Bing for your essential Rylance viewing

Look at this burnt retard. Nobody said that, you mongoloid. USSR treated your shitty pilot the same way US treated our spy.

Am I the only one who didn't really like Bridge of Spies? Sort of like Lincoln. The films just felt like over shined wood furniture, looks great, but there's no character.

Once you stop being jaded edgelord and appreciate Hank's character as a good man in a terrible situation it becomes better.

It's not MUH US SO GOOD vs MUH SOVIET SO BAD, it'sa bout one man caught in it all and TRYING TO DO THE GOOD THING

That felt like proapganda also

Never liked ""shpielberg"" unless he makes dinasour movies or some fantasy shit

>US didn't torture man for stolen nuclear secrets, but gave him tea with cookies.
>USSR treat spy's like CIA treats people in Guantanamo for no reason
Damn, how can you be so brainwashed?

>Never liked ""shpielberg"" unless he makes dinasour movies or some fantasy shit
this place is rubbing off on you too much, pleb.

> Hank's character as a good man in a terrible situation it becomes better.

But he wasn't . I didn't buy any of the shit the movie was selling . Read up on his history, he was an OSS man. They didn't pick him because he was a good laywer or something. He was their man. Also with him settling to import Cuban terrorists on US soil. They needed them for a false flag attack or some shit

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Northwoods

This but most here are underage memers who don't know what's going on.

>Hank's character as a good man in a terrible situation it becomes better.
>But he wasn't
Did you watch the film? Did you?

He wasn't good man in reality, they made him this way in a movie for the sake of propaganda.

>they made him this way in a movie for the sake of propaganda.
or to give the viewer a narrative and likeable protagonist

Did anyone else find the lack of Adidas tracksuits and squatting pulled them out of the movie?

Plenty of real American heroes other than slimy corrupt CIA fucks

Just KNEW this thread would be ruined by tedious Cred Forumstards

Because the Cold War was about ideologies. Abel was no threat and he achieved essentially nothing while in the country. By defending him America could win the battle of ideology by obeying the letter of the law, even in a case of "national security".

Lets make all nazis look good in movie about Germany to to give the viewer a narrative and likeable protagonists then.

Checked

And which threads aren't ruined by them?

Lincoln felt like a big grand speech every other scene, and while the man himself is near mythic status and this film was trying to play up to it, it became more like a guided museum tour. I guess I was also alone in thinking the whole rushed ending of his assassination/death/reactions/response should've just been cut and ended with Lincoln just walking off with his wife to see a play.

As for Bridge of Spies, same sort of feeling, almost like someone taking me from one set/room with the actors playing out a particular big scene to the next room.

The Russians didn't torture Powers or the college student in real life.

Both of them denied that.

thats been done many times. Its not propaganda, its a film you dolt.

These films did not pretend to be historically accurate, you idiot.

Youre implying any film that is not historically accurate is propaganda, and then call me an idiot?

Not any film. This one-sided film.
>honest and conscientious lawyer instead of cold-headed CIA agent who tried recruit USSR spy but failed
>USA treats spy with gentleness and kindness, giving him cookies with tea
>USSR torture student and pilot, which didn't happen irl according to their own words
>T-this is not propaganda at all!
Are you reatarded or something?

>no not that, this
christ sake. go argue with the fucking wall. Youre on one today

>looked at facts
>have no arguments
>Y-you are stupid!
Lol

Was he tortured in the movie though?
He was interrogated for sure, but I haven't noticed any methods of torture used?

You can always retreat to your safe spaces elsewhere.

Why do you hate the world?

What mental gymnastics did you have to do to come to that conclusion?

is that Nick?

Am I the only dummy that thought they'd got the wrong guy for ages because he was Scottish, not Russian?

All the spy shit in his room didn't bother you?

t. never seen Das Boot, Stalingrad, Cross of Iron, Generation War

Could have been planted.

I really liked this movie, though I can understand why someone wouldn't. Tom Hanks and the Russian Spy were amazing together and they really carried the movie.

>I've finally become ... the Bridge of Spies
Walked out when he said this

I thought the line was
>we're taking you...to the Bridge of Spies!

The scene when Tom Hanks morphed onto the bridge really blew me away. The cgi could have been better though.

Better than Spectre.

Into the bridge*

There's a 'safe space' for you to discuss politics, it's called Cred Forums

False equivalency faggot. Safe spaces are anti-free speech.

>>>/leftypol/
>>> reddit

Look, you're free to discuss politics wherever you want, but the majority of people on Cred Forums would rather not see politics injected into every discussion about movies. It's irritating when leftists do it, and it's irritating when you do it. So kindly fuck off back to Cred Forums

This thread is political in nature, and I didn't make this thread.