The old animated Hobbit and LOTR movies are pure kino. Why was Gollum a frog...

The old animated Hobbit and LOTR movies are pure kino. Why was Gollum a frog? Let's discuss these movies and post some scenes
youtube.com/watch?v=qteq21CvDRE

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YdXQJS3Yv0Y
youtube.com/watch?v=hWjt6LGhHsI
youtube.com/watch?v=yW_ocZLaRdI
youtube.com/watch?v=sMhY59n7X-Y
youtube.com/watch?v=rKdsBlRNgX0
youtube.com/watch?v=wZpmZyTK2dI
youtube.com/watch?v=rs0AmruS8Ro
youtube.com/watch?v=oXv1o85IG7o
youtube.com/watch?v=Xj8r5ojAh9k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why did Jackson leave this scene out?
youtube.com/watch?v=YdXQJS3Yv0Y

Here's the famous Skeletor guest appearance
youtube.com/watch?v=hWjt6LGhHsI

GET COMFY
youtube.com/watch?v=yW_ocZLaRdI

>western animation

No one?
youtube.com/watch?v=sMhY59n7X-Y

What about that thing with the strange animation, I think it used rotoscoping? I forget what it was called

YGYL

youtube.com/watch?v=rKdsBlRNgX0

This one?
youtube.com/watch?v=wZpmZyTK2dI

yeah

Rarest Pepe

Hobbit movie is OK and the LOTR on is trash.

As much as a love Peter Jackson's LOTR trilogy, there's something magical about Tolkien-related things made before those movies were released. They basically defined how his universe was supposed to look and sound.

Before that I feel it was in a way more up to everyones imagination how the characters looked. Now the movies are so iconic that it's hard to not imagine the characters and the events in a different way.

youtube.com/watch?v=rs0AmruS8Ro

it's japanese you ignorant weeb.

It was in the extended edition. Just not a song.

youtube.com/watch?v=oXv1o85IG7o
The best and truest adaption of LotR. And the best part at 18:57.

Rankin Bass and Ralph bashki animation is so horrifying even when they are making a kids movie (I assume Wizards was suppose to be a kids movie)

>The Hobbit is a 1977 animated musical television special created by Rankin/Bass, a studio known for their holiday specials, and animated by Topcraft
>Topcraft (トップクラフト, also written "Top Craft") was a Japanese anime studio established in 1971 by former Toei Animation producer Toru Hara. It was famous for doing animation for hand-drawn animation titles by Rankin/Bass and for the production of Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind and Macross: Do You Remember Love?. The studio went bankrupt and dissolved in June 15, 1986 essentially splitting the studio in half, Hayao Miyazaki, Toshio Suzuki and Isao Takahata bought the studio when laying off most of its animation staff and changed its name to Studio Ghibli.

Holy sheeeet I watched this as a kid and completely forgot about it, but this gave me flashbacks

The Hobbit was way better imo. LOTR movie had the weird rotoscoping that doesnt fit at all but still comfy.

that scene in LOTR with skeletor wraith and that chick is amazing though

did "it aint me" start playing?

>LOTR movie had the weird rotoscoping that doesnt fit at all but still comfy.
you're thinking of the ralph bakshi lotr. rankin/bass also made a lotr movie as well as their hobbit one.

oh really? but rankin/bass one is called The Return of the King right? atleast that's what I'm finding off google.

The only memory I have of the Hobbit animation is discovering my TV or VCR was broken as a kid when I tried to watch it.

youtube.com/watch?v=Xj8r5ojAh9k Gollum has a great voice actor.

Pure elokuva

>"Because we are the slaves of the dark lord"
>"We don't wanna go to war today"

Poor song singing misunderstood orcs