Was LA in the 90s really this comfy? Even the fucking ghetto looked comfy

Was LA in the 90s really this comfy? Even the fucking ghetto looked comfy.
And how come they don't make movies like this no more?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aW9_UnttDHE
foodnetwork.com/shows/burgers-brew-and-que/300-series/motor-citys-mouthwatering-meats.html#restaurants
youtube.com/watch?v=P43WZd611WA
youtube.com/watch?v=Py4AMYebHGI
youtube.com/watch?v=bVDDYQlmq0w
youtube.com/shared?ci=WPfeHfDuPGI
youtu.be/wrxxfrzJY6k
youtu.be/3x3g8BGH_io
youtu.be/OUnH72gyTK8
psmag.com/ghosts-of-white-people-past-witnessing-white-flight-from-an-asian-ethnoburb-b550ba986cdb
youtu.be/jsRMABsht-o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

LA in the 90s was a fucking war zone.

This was Stanley Kubrick's favourite movie.

This. LA was what Detroit is now of that time.

Not that Detroit was doing much better back then, but it wasn't nearly as bad as now.

>all these 90s nostalgia threads

Do you need any more proof the average poster on Cred Forums is 15?

fuck I love this movie

Actually, I take that back. That's a bad comparison. LA has Hollywood and Silicon valley keeping it aloft. Detroit only had the motor industry, and it left.

People who actually feel nostalgic about the 90s are likely in the their mid to late 20s by now.

That's not the ghetto, that's Venice Beach. It's one of the most heavily visited tourist areas in LA. It's also plagued by homeless veterans and young burnout druggies looking for tourist sympathy dollars, but you need to go about five miles south and east if you want the ghetto.

But black people though.

To be fair, Venice is still riddled with crime, even though Silicon Beach is aggressively pushing out the junkies and gang activity. It's not the ghetto, but it's still a place to watch your fucking wallet and stick to the heavily lighted streets after dark. There's been a growing problem with meth heads, bath salts, and other tweaker drugs over the last few years. People are getting bitten and shit.

yes. there was always partys bbqs and picnics. Everyweek it was like Dr Dre and Snoop Doggy Dogg music videos

LA was never comfy.

kek

>LA has Hollywood
Less and less these days, actually. The tech boom in LA is causing an industry turf war. The same infrastructure that made LA a city for cars also catered to the needs of major film production: space for trailers, trucks, lighting and set preparation. But the tech industry that's exploding on the west side is demanding more public transit, closed walking avenues, bike lanes and ride sharing programs that shrink roads and discourage the building of new car-accessible routes, and encourage vertical urban density with parking areas eliminated or pushed underground where film studio vehicles can't enter.

I was talking about in the 90's despite my terrible grammar, but I did not know that, so thanks learnin' me something I didn't know.

it wasn't, he just said it was great, probably because he saw some hidden message behind the whole "white men can't jump" thing

This is a nice post. Care to provide some sources for further reading?

the 80s was LA's decade(World Series chips , Superbowl chip, showtime lakers and the kings becoming exciting) sports in LA in the 80s kickstarted the culture

90s was just the aftermath and then eventually cops in LA started to shove people harder than usually and blackies got upset.

I'm not saying they were in the wrong because unlike every where outside california , California cops are corrupt as fuck and it GOES BEYOND race. They will fuck you over no matter what race

fresno PD , LAPD , Oakland PD with their prostitute ring

Source: I live in LA
I could google a bunch of LA times/LA weekly articles or something, but it's probably just as easy to do it yourself.

Well LA is going to have to go up anyway, it's running out of room. Pretty much every other major film industry is located in denser cities, so I'm sure LA will adjust.

Read Hollywood by Bukowski. In the 30's, Venice used to be a kind of Coney Island attraction with canals like the Italian city of the same name. Then some time in the 50's and 60's tons of people left because the economy was no good and it became a low income neighborhood with lots of black people living there. Then in the 80's and 90's people recognized the value of the almost beach side property and gentrification started all over again. The show Californication popularized the area on a global level and Now it's fucking Disney land. Go to Abbot Kinney and spend 6 fucking dollars on a fucking ice cream cone.

>it wasn't, he just said it was great, probably because
Okay

SF is the one that has Silicon Valley

I really don't know shit abut California, but I was under the impression that they are all kind of prop each other up.

SV is a good ways up the coast.

Yeah, but with them all being Californian, don't they kind of support one another?

Michiganbro here.

Detroit was at its worst in the 70's. Been steadily (slooooowly) improving since then. Downtown is actually really nice now and the state government cleaned up the police force.

Oh and the mayor now is even a white guy.

It's insane how corrupt the American police are, they literally had open range on poor people and niggers

What about black people?

>Do you need any more proof the average poster on Cred Forums is 15?

How the fuck would a 15 year old be nostalgic for the 90's, you living retard ?

>the "there has to be some """hidden message""" behind anything for it to be great" meme

Jesus fucking christ i need this meme to end

>Was LA in the 90s really this comfy?

No.

Watch Predator 2. That depiction of LA is more accurate to the 90s.

Wat?

They're almost 400 miles apart. That's farther than Orlando and Miami. What do you even mean help them out? It's not like cities loan each other cups of sugar.

Ever heard of the LA Riots?

You from the East Coast or something?

California is pretty big. The distance from San Francisco or Silicon Valley to Los Angeles or San Diego is longer than going through New York to Jersey

lol LA has never been comfy IRL. Maybe it looks comfy is some movies like Drive or Heat, but IRL is is the opposite of cozy.

-second gen LA native

>Now it's fucking Disney land.

lol no it isnt. please dont comment on things you know nothing about.

youtube.com/watch?v=aW9_UnttDHE

> Lawrence Aubry, a member of the Los Angeles County Human Relations Commission, said Korean merchants had become a lightning rod for the discontent of some black residents. Many blacks in Los Angeles have remained poor as, one after another, immigrant groups have arrived and climbed past them to prosperity.
>"It's illogical, but it's convenient to target the Koreans," he said.

I've only been in LA for about a year, but this is the worst fucking city I've ever lived in.

Maybe it's because I'm a white boy in a shit apartment in East Hollywood.

My gf was watching one of those food shows and it was Kendra the playboy shick and some food netwrok dude in detroit. They went to this bbq place and then they went to a brewery that also makes pizzas. Both places looked great and made it seem like the city is coming back.

foodnetwork.com/shows/burgers-brew-and-que/300-series/motor-citys-mouthwatering-meats.html#restaurants

No one who went through the 00s is nostalgic for the 90s. As the 00s was everything great about the 90s getting turned inside out and shredded.

Only people who grew up in the 00s are nostalgic for the 90s because they didn't witness the transition.

also decade delineations are stupid.

This. Everyone still shits on Detroit but it's pretty similar to Chicago now. Like there's still roving gangs of niggers if you go outside of downtown but the actual city part isn't bad at all

90s LA/California aesthetic is the best. from movies like T2 through the skewed japanese version in video game like streets of rage to the music like 2pac and GNR.

What do you guys think makes LA so unique? So many movies are based there and it is unmistakeable, whereas other cities tend to be dull in comparison and nowhere near as identifiable.

L.A. is, and has pretty much always been, a shithole.

Once the entertainment and film industry began to boom, it became the focal point for every narcissistic piece of trash in the nation that wanted to be a "star", and the scum that looks to take advantage of them. Combine that with millions of Mexicans fleeing their shit-tier nation, Asians avoiding communism, and you have one giant cess-pool of a city.

Stop coming to Texas, you subhuman, vapid parasites!
(barring rural/desert fags and roof Koreans).

Everyone ITT needs to watch pic related asap

But there's nothing unique about LA. It looks like the most dull city in the world and has no memorable landmarks.

>no memorable landmarks
Haha ok bud.

>6th st bridge
>vincent thomas bridge
>staples center
>us bank building
>coliseum
>that 105/110 interchange that michael mann has a hardon for

>why are there so many movies about the biggest city near the biggest film production organization in the world? What makes this city special?

it is truly a complete and total mystery

LA was hailed as the city of the future in the 50's because it's where Hollywood was developing entertainment technologies and real estate was cheap for visionary architects. Sure there are a lot of adobe tiled houses and mission style architecture of the previous century but there's also the Bradbury building (featured at the end of Blade Runner) and eastcoast style sky scrapers and city layout downtown. The Sunset strip is a great example of the old world growing into the future (Olvera street was the first in the city and it turns into Sunset and extends through Hollywood to the beach). Take a look at LAX to see retrofuturism. In short, it was a place ideal for developing novel looking buildings because, while it still had roots in an older culture, it wasn't held back by notions of preservation like you would find in thousand-year-old European/Asian cities or hundreds-years old cities on the North American east coast.

LA does not need to go up because LA does not need anymore people living here.

Slow's BBQ

Anytime one of the food shows comes to Detroit they always stop there. Bourdain, Richman, Zimmern and Fieri I know for sure featured it.

Nope

So that's why this city looks so fucking shitty. Because they said Fuck it to any sort of consistent identity

LA has some of the most authentic Mexican and Korean food you can find the country. And by that I mean it hasn't been Americanized to suit western pallets like what most of us probably think of Chinese food as. If all you've ever had of Mexican food is Taco Bell then come to LA and go to a Oaxacan restaurant or get some pasole. And as good as Korean BBQ is, it's definitely not the only dish they have to offer- check out Korean tofu houses or dumpling spots.

>tfw 4th year film student at UCLA making a pathetic $75 a day as an assistant editor under the table
Thankfully the earthquake that'll break California off the continental shelf is coming soon.

Yeah the beach is hotspot for addicts and homeless (probably nothing will change that save some kind of law enforcement shuttling them out of there which doesn't seem likely) but my point was that prices for everything in the area have skyrocketed.

>Attends UCLA and still finds a way to bitch about his life.

>making a pathetic $75 a day as an assistant editor under the table
Serves you right, you scab piece of shit.

>6th street bridge

user, I have some bad news...

They truly are heroes

>rather than move elsewhere i want millions to die

You remind me of those survival faggots who want the world to end so they can live off freeze-dried meals in the woods. If that's what they want so bad, there's nothing stopping them from doing it now.

You're the same. Don't like it? Leave.

I know it got torn down but it's in like 20 different movies.

That part at the end where Wesley Snipes encourages Woody Harrelson to help him out even though Rosie Perez was vehemently against it was pretty shitty. Then when they get back and they find Rosie Perez gone and Wesley Snipes is like "Damn, should've listened to your girl bro. Guess I'll give you a job or some shit." That was so fucking shitty.

>taking a joke major at a joke college while racking up debt is something to be happy about
I should have picked Berkeley instead
I'm not a scab, I'm a strikebreaker.

Tex Mex is a 1000 times better. I've been to Cali plenty of times and it's good but not GOAT like Tex Mex.

>tfw live in a rural area where $75/day would be a perfectly livable wage for someone with no children, with the added bonus of not having to deal with the immense shittiness of a city that large
lmao gg scrub

>Even the fucking ghetto looked comfy

It wasn't.

>If that's what they want so bad, there's nothing stopping them from doing it now.
the point is that once society has decayed, you won't have the same standards of what it means to have a good life; you won't be jealous about the millions of people who have nice homes and good jobs and cool cars and shit
survival is THE point of life, not how many chicks you can bang in a year

Same. 75 a day here, especially tax free, is living large.

Those standards are in the eye of the beholder. Like I said, there's nothing stopping anyone from doing that now.

...no, but it would be boring and lonely as fuck to do it now
that's the point

he had good taste

No, the point is the person doesn't want that shit. He wants others not to have it.

Millions dying isn't going to change that insecurity. It'll move on to something else.

No, LA in the 90s wasn't comfy. Watch Falling Down if you want a better idea of how it was. Venice Beach was a shithole in the early 90s, and you wouldn't risk hanging out on the basketball courts as a white guy. The only non-white non-homeless drug addicts that were around were dudes pumping iron at Muscle Beach.

Outside of New York City and Washington D.C. with its literal monuments, what American city has multiple landmarks?

In addition to the ones the other user listed, L.A. has Griffith Observatory, the Sunset Strip, Hollywood Blvd., Mann's Chinese Theater, and the Santa Monica Pier. Regardless of your subjective opinion of the worth of these things, they are pretty recognizable to non-residents just due to the fact that they've been featured in so many movies/TV shows.

I always though it was picture from korean drama set but it was actually shopowner with his manager shooting niggers as revenge after his wife was shot.
90-s were rad as fuck.

>americans talking trash about their beautiful cities

kek. try living in helsinki for a year and you'll experience a shit town.

California might as well be two states dude

I not only want my life to be shitty, I want everyone else's life to be shitty so I won't be jealous of them: The Post

>Bay Area Federation
>Greater Los Angeles Province
>State of California
If only dreams could become reality.

>Was LA in the 90s really this comfy? Even the fucking ghetto looked comfy.
no
fucking riots all the time

I live in the city limits of los angeles and earn $300-$600 a shift and I cant even afford to buy a house.

Give it ~18 months. Hopefully the bubbles in all the major cities will have popped by then.

youtube.com/watch?v=P43WZd611WA

huutista katkeralla suomihintille

Nah, it's San Francisco for Chinese, San Diego for Mexican

There are millions of Mexicans all over the nation making the same shitty "authentic" Mexican foods to sell to their illegal peers, dude.

The same goes for Asians...

You can find the same shit in any given border state, and thanks to not giving a fuck about Mexicans invading the nation, practically every other state in the union.

Roof Koreans are best Koreans.

>take prime beachfront property
>fill it with freeloading niggers, spics, and liberal pussies
>make it the worst state

Best case scenario is an earthquake plunges it into the sea

It's a shame how such a beautiful place got infested with the worst type of people.

That's not how it works my friend. We must always keep growing. That's the system we live in.

>Helsinki
Finfag, I live in Milwaukee and we've had race riots and one of the most violent years since Dahmer got caught. I doubt Helsinki has those kinds of issues.

There comes a point of diminishing returns. LA can't sustain itself. It's half the problem with it.

Replace low density building with high density ones and improve public transport.

whaaaaaaaaaaaaa

You guys still have no water. You've built some of the largest and most desirable metropolitan areas of the country in the middle of a goddamn desert and then based a lot of your economy on pants-on-head retarded forms of agriculture, given the environmental conditions. The California bubble is going to burst hard in the coming decades, especially when a new Silicon Valley pops up somewhere else.

Cali is fucking gay lol

I know, right amigo!

>helsinki

Do you have niggers? If not, you know nothing. Not black people like you have in the UK and Europe. Niggers.

90s were the WOAT times and LA is the WOAT city

Exactly. There will come a point where it simply costs to much to live there and finally someone will realize there are better places.

>got bullied by black kids in school
lol fucking manlet

They drain resources and commit crime but all you care about is food?

We only had one black kid in my school. He bullied no one and left after a year.

I live in a rural area where you don't have to lock your door and can leave the keys in the ignition at the store.

i.e white trash

>jealous urbanite detected

Enraged nigger detected. Don't worry, food stamp deposits are in a couple days.

>white trash
>thinking anyone would be jealous
lmao

as someone who went to an inner city school, it's fucking terrible. you had it lucky

>It's a shame how such a beautiful place got infested with the worst type of people.

Are you talking about California, or Cred Forums ?

Cred Forums was never a beautiful place, you knew the answer to that question before you asked it.

>found the shitskin

i fucking love mexicans

>rodney king
riot
>lakers lose
riot
>lakers win
riot
>thursday
riot

No.

Comfy as can be, user. Warm too.

Nice comfy shitty 90's video quality at least

i've been to both and I vastly prefer Helsinki

Those dudes are heroes. So cool. That one guy's like a little pitbull.

youtube.com/watch?v=Py4AMYebHGI

>ywn protect your brand new Maxima from savages by shooting into the streets

>c. 2016
>A group of unarmed urban teenage youths were at a nearby strip mall when they were fired upon by three men wielding semifully automatic assault pistols.

>semifully automatic

Fucking media buzzwords.

Did anyone hate how they tried to force the idea of blacks and whites being friends ALONG with race mixing in the this movie?

Its fucking obnoxious

they dont make movies with that vibe anymore because trends have changed

popular music genres, filming techniques, overzealous social politics heavily effecting movie writing and casting (despite having no place in any creative field) and the fact that LA doesn't look like that anymore

Blacks and whites are friends, believe it or not. It happens, especially with common interests.

It seems hard to believe now because everything is muh racism.

>Fiffy cen !

It was forced, but in a lot of ways the 90s were a hell of a lot more laid back with respect to race. Few people went out of their way to take offense, and it wasn't something that was lauded.

Good weather and easy access to a variety of different terrain allows filming almost year round.

Venice Beach was pretty degenerate in the 90's too.

10/10 would shake hands

Question: Is Austin the LA of the 21st century? Seems like one of the main places in the US people go to "make it" in entertainment and tech and such now.

it actualy was super comfy. LA was all about magic johnson and the lakers, mel gibson in lethal weapon series, and the arsenio hall show. everyone was happier

Do you consider drive by shootings comfy?
If so then yes, you'd be comfy depending on the choice of coffin

Believe it or not, but some of us manage to make friends with people from other races. Hell, some of us even talk to qt grills.

I always assume that anyone who says retarded shit like that about films or TV from the 90s is underage, because they were clearly too young to have even seen Static Shock and understand that there's a right way to portray diversity and a wrong way.

Honest question, does any movie deal with racial stereotypes more honestly than White Men Can't Jump?

>white guy is less athletic and overcompensates when around blacks
>blacks would rather lose and look good than win and look bad
>Latinas are annoying

They contribute a really wonderful culinary culture but all you care about is what they take?

Are you actually serious?

They are trying to force the narrative that interracial friendships are normal when in fact they are rare. How many interracial friendships let alone black and white friendships in the real world have you honestly seen? Almost none. I've only seen one black and white friendship and they were both fucking drug addicts. The other interracial "friendships" were mostly business/work related and not serious. Its unnatural and you know it.

They force this narrative to make us more willing recipients of multiculturalism.

>Oh look Jackie Chan and Owen Wilson are friends in a movie

I guess those Chinese businessmen buying up all the land around me isn't so bad

>Oh look Woody Harrelson and Wesley Snipes are basketball friends in that movie

I guess its racist to blame negroes for raping my wife

>Oh look that Iraqi is a good guy in that LOST TV show

I guess Muslims aren't so bad after all. It's painfully obvious once your aware

>some of us
I don't believe you.

underrated post

>How many interracial friendships let alone black and white friendships in the real world have you honestly seen?
Plenty, your autismal anecdotes have no bearing on reality for the rest of us. I say this living in one of the most segregated cities in the United States.
>and you know it
Not an argument. Commit sudoku.

>>TAKE HIM TO DETROIT

youtube.com/watch?v=bVDDYQlmq0w

move out of there dude that's one of the shittiest places to live in LA

America is mentioned...
Eurotrash go on insecure mental breakdown rants as a lifetime of living in the shadow of the greatness of America starts to sting..."hurrr urr fat, you think you're so special, um um um kinder eggs, um um um china is gonna beat you up...you think you're so special, well you're not, i'm special! oh god, please notice me!"

California is mentioned...
other Americans go on insecure mental breakdown rants as a lifetime of living in the shadow of the greatness of California starts to sting..."hurrr da libruls, spics, you think you're so special, um um um ma guns, um um um texas is gonna beat you up...you think you're so special, well you're not, i'm special! oh god, please notice me!"

and thats why I love living in California. The same painfully obvious inferiority complex and insecurity we see from Eurotrash from the mere mention of America you get from your fellow Americans at the mere mention of California. All the frantic responses, excuses, desperate attempts just put a grin on my face as the painfully obvious inferiority complex they demonstrate bleeds through and no amount of their butthurt or excuses will change that their miserable irrelevant lives in their irrelevant states will revolve around California the same as all the butthurt or excuses from a European will chance the reality that the europeans live will revolve around America.

Being a Californian is like being a King of Kings.

You sound like the type whose never had a friend, not even a white one.

It's forced, but it isn't a conspiracy. Places that "multiculturalism" work are university campuses, and upper middle to upper class neighborhoods where, paradoxically, cultural homogeneity dominates and the population is not a representative cross section of diverse culture. Universities and upper-class communities should be considered having a culture of their own. People whose only exposure to "diversity" are those elysian experiences are the same people writing and producing "forced multiculturalism"; ignorance, not malice. The farther down you climb on the socioeconomic ladder, the more segregated the community.

Notice how he specified Chinese instead of Asian? He's probably a self-hating Jap.

> staples center

lllllllllllllllllllllllellllllllllllllllllllllll

>no memorable landmarks

**pic related**

there is literally nothing wrong with that

lol, way to show how dumb you are.

>Many blacks in Los Angeles have remained poor as, one after another, immigrant groups have arrived and climbed past them to prosperity

It's almost like intelligence is heritable and blacks lack it more so than other ethnicities.

That screenshot is /fa/ as fuck

They don't make comfy music anymore either. 90s rap was comfy af

Because evil dominates the music industry. Basically. Everyone is in a competition to see who the 'baddest mutha fucka' is and just wants to be as evil as the next guy. Bunch of idiots.

lol, multiculturalism is garbage, and it is "forced" via media etc., but it is possible to have a friend who's not white.

The "unlikely" aspect of it is part of what might make an interracial friendship or partnership interesting onscreen if it's done well, and it was done okay in White Men Can't Jump. But yeah, a lot of times is obviously just a case of "Let present a multicultural fantasyland in our movie."

that video is supposed to prove some shit?
You think a wasted black bitch has never pissed on the floor in Disneyland/Disneyworld with her panties down?
Happens all the time

that looks really comfy. I need to move out of nyc, such a shithole here man

>tripfag
>thinking his opinion matters
Lmao

jesus christ i forget people like this exist

Oh, yeah, very.

It was especially comfy during the LA riots.

t. Jew

Protip, the goyim know

Nigger are you kidding me?
90s rap was way worse for that than now.

Thugger just released an album where the cover is him in a fancy dress, and he's one of the most popular guys working right now. Not to mention Drake has no real pretense of being violent, and Drake has been the most dominating force in music for the past 3 years.

This. If it wasn't gangsta rap, it hardly got any play in the 90s. At least early-mid 90s.

Modern rap, if you can call it that, is fucking cancer. Listen to a 90s rap playlist and it doesn't even compare

>film
>UCLA

WHAT AN ABSOLUTE JOKE.

Venice Beach is just about that comfy nowadays. Nothing quite like it.

t. someone who has barely a cursory knowledge of rap

>what is purchasing power parity

I grew up Venice in the 90's. There were drive-by's literally every night, at least in my area. My friend got shot and killed in the street(he was 13). If you were outside and you saw a car slowly drove by you, you'd instinctively duck for cover. Didn't matter if you were black/white/mexican, you had to be on alert. I still loved it though. Eventually most poor people/minorites got kicked out out of Venice, including my family. It's mostly white people there now, and obviously safer.

t. White numale who thinks the trash they play on the radio is actually rap

What genre is it if it isn't rap?
And why are you assuming radio rap is all there is?
Why talk about a style of music that you haven't actually explored?

He's right, you know. You're just too lazy to look beyond the radio.
youtube.com/shared?ci=WPfeHfDuPGI

It's fucking garbage is what it is. I'm not assuming "radio rap" is all there is, I'm assuming that's all you listen to and that's the only reason you would defend it.

>You will never live in 1950s America

Why even live

The radio shit is specifically what I'm referring to retard, ie any mainstream trash that has been played on the radio even once is cancer.

>modern rap is cancer
And he's saying it's not if you even go a millimeter beneath the surface of shit that's on the radio. It's you who is the retard, here.

>just dig through the shit man, what's the problem xD

Go fuck yourself. You can eat a piece of shit and call it a sundae but not everyone is as deluded as you are

>>all these 90s nostalgia threads
>Do you need any more proof the average poster on Cred Forums is 15?
Are you fucking a retard? I was born in 1925 and even I'm nostalgic of the 90's

> You will never get to see the sequel Black Men Can't Swim.

>I'm assuming that's all you listen to
Well why would you do that? It isn't accurate at all.
There was tons of garbage rap on the radio in the 90s and tons of garbage underground rap as well, just like today.
And there's no reason I can't enjoy both
I can enjoy shit that isn't radio friendly
youtu.be/wrxxfrzJY6k
And shit that is
youtu.be/3x3g8BGH_io

There's not really any reason for me not to. And there's even less reason for you to be so mad about it.

It's pretty great. Cast really carries it. Snipes isn't crazy yet.

lol'd

Cool, so you're defending Vanilla Ice, MC Hammer, Insane Clown Posse, and Diddy's solo shit, right? Oh boy, the 90s sure was nothing but quality rap music, wasn't it guys? :^)

You're literally retarded if you can't find good modern rap music with little to no effort in the age of the internet.

That's weird I'm pretty sure it was Jungle 2 Jungle.

it was worst back then dumbass

Cool so you're defending drake, waka, macklemore, lil Wayne, and all the other radio acolytes that songs are like a bag of warm dog shit?

>he doesn't like Waka
BOW BOW BOW!

Point out where I said that, you autismal faggot. The point is there are examples of popular garbage in every era.

Korean's hate this as well honestly, Asians in general do. It's called "model minority syndrome". The Media holds up Asians as a "model minority" because they stay in their own communities and open up restaurants to serve white people. As long as Asians are quiet about how they are actually shit on quite a lot, the media loves them.

Just also ignore that there is crazy amounts of organized crime within Asian communities.

>The model minority stereotype is considered detrimental to relevant minority communities because it is used to justify the exclusion of minorities in the distribution of assistance programs, both public and private, as well as to understate or slight the achievements of individuals within that minority. Furthermore, the idea of the model minority pits minority groups against each other by implying that non-model groups are at fault for falling short of the model minority level of achievement and assimilation.

Hello redd!t

And you're defending this eras garbage. What point of that are you not understanding?

the 50's were terrible for everyone. all the plates were made of cancerous shit too.

SHOOT FIRST ASK QUESTIONS LAST

>It's almost like intelligence is heritable and blacks lack it more so than other ethnicities.

Except African Immigrants are literally the highest educated and most successful minority in the United States.

So asians outperform "non-model" minorities and are treated as "model" minorities, justifying diminished assistance programs. If assistance is based upon need and performance, I fail to see the problem? Unless assistance is the cause of lower performance?

>DUDE IM A NIGGER LMAO XD

100% cancer

Except that's not true at all

>defending this era's garbage
Your reading comprehension is at a sub-4th grade level. I'm defending the fact that there's lots of good modern rap that isn't anything like the Rae Sremmurds, Drakes, and Lil Yachty type shit you hear on the radio. This goes back to what the other guy was saying about not making broad statements about shit you know nothing about. If you go remotely beyond turning on the radio for ten seconds you'll find lots of good shit. Sorry we're cracking your rose-tinted glasses, but you're retarded. :^)

>It's redd1t to like one of the most fun rap albums of the past 10 years
yeah ok
If you can't bump this while hanging out with your friends you're a dumbshit
youtu.be/OUnH72gyTK8

And you completely misunderstood the other dude's point. Probably intentionally.

THAT'S HOW THESE SO-CALLED GANGSTAS LAST
WAKA FLOCKA FLAME

how can finland be worse than america

What is natural selection? You understand why beaches put up signs telling you not to feed birds, right? It's because they become dependent on handouts.

The last year of the 90s was more than 15 years ago.

How can you be this bad at math?

I mostly agree that it creates a permanent dependent underclass, but I wanted user's opinion.

The rap of this era will be remembered by what is played on the radio, ie hot garbage. Sorry your taste is shit and you feel you have to defend your shit taste. Modern rap is cancer no matter whatever anecdotal argument you come up with

Sorry I'm not a nigger, nor am I friends with niggers, nor do I idolize nigger culture. Enjoy your future black grandchild cuck

>I'm defending the fact that there's lots of good modern rap that isn't anything like the Rae Sremmurds, Drakes, and Lil Yachty type shit you hear on the radio.

All rap is bad. No exceptions

just go to Cred Forums to find more

>1999 was 40 years ago

Oh, cool, so you're just a retard who doesn't know what he's talking about. Here's your last (You). :^)

>gangland territory
>comfy

So basically you don't like rap because black people make it and sometimes they talk about things you can't relate to (having fun, being with friends, making money)?
Sounds like a problem with you and not the artists.
I only have a couple black friends my man. I listen to rap with them and with my white friends. Sometimes I hang out with both white AND black people and we also have fun and enjoy ourselves while listening to nigger music.

Or he could go back to his reddirt hug box where independent thinkers don't disrupt his sheep herd mentality

>mfw 1999 was 34 years ago

organized crime is the best crime

>no no modern rap isn't dog shit! Just look at the obscure shit I found that totally isn't an exception to the rule xDD

You're retarded and you should feel bad for your retardation

If you're from L.A. -- the decent parts -- it's pretty easy to have a multi cultural group of friends. It happens naturally.

My group of 8 =

1 black
2 asians
3 white guys
1 mexican
1 weird mixed breed motherfucker

Race is rarely an issue with us. We tell the asians their penises are small. We make fun of the white guys for not being able to dance or be "cool". The black guy uses nigga all the time, but we just kind of let him have that one. We yell Trump soundbites at the mexican, and call the mixed breed a "dirty mudblood".

We're all super cool friends who love each other. It's nice.

Why don't you guys just crawl back to the ooze you came from?

I take the bus around here during the week.

Niggers are cancer and music idolizing the life of niggers is cancer. You are a numale cuckold if you don't see any problem with this

>London: Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, Heathrow
>Rome: the actual Colosseum, the Vatican, Trevi Fountain
>New York: the Empire State Building, the Statue of Liberty, the Brooklyn Bridge
>D.C.: the National Mall, the Smithsonian, the Lincoln Memorial
>LA: a basketball court named after a office supply company and a football field named after an actual landmark

It was a misunderstanding.

google search "La landmarks", then stop embarrassing yourself.

>I'm happy I'm willingly taking part in the Jews globalism

I hope you realize that those non-whites are really not your friends and that they will turn on you whenever its necessary.

You don't deserve me.

I guess you can ignore MOCA, LACMA, both Getty museums, Griffith Park, Santa Monica Beach, and the Vista Theater. Granted, some of these aren't as world famous but it certainly adds a lot of life to LA.

>model minority meme
It's getting overpowered by the overachiever meme now

psmag.com/ghosts-of-white-people-past-witnessing-white-flight-from-an-asian-ethnoburb-b550ba986cdb

I'm 30. We've been friends since I was 10. 20 years of loyal service. I'm not unhappy with my minority friends yet.

The fact that you had to explain to us what landmarks there were shows that they aren't famous landmarks.

>Except that's not true at all

>In the 2000 U.S. census, it was revealed that African Immigrants were the most educated immigrant group in the United States even when compared to Asian immigrants.

>the rate of college diploma acquisition is highest among Egyptian Americans at 59.7 percent, followed closely by Nigerian Americans at 58.6 percent.

I pretty much said that, but to say LA is bland is plain retardation.

yup, real comfy alright

All that came up were images of mass culture consumerist garbage. I suppose the Subway "Eat Fresh" Arena was kind of impressive, and the gigantic Coca-Cola sign featured some really beautiful and creative architecture, but other than that I can't think of anything memorable about the smoggy shithole that is Los Angeles

like south africa?

I want the shoes woody has on

Next time you go to empty your piss jugs you should go for a stroll outside and try to get some fresh air to clear your mind

good thing i never bought those air command forces. they were heavy blocky overpriced gimmicks.

Relevant to multiple conversations in the thread
This album was really good

youtu.be/jsRMABsht-o

wtf happened?

How can cities decide to not issue permits when the second amendment exists?
Washington DC tried this and the Supreme Court struck it down iirc.

It was a day of the week ending in y.

Retarded finfag thinks his tiny buttfuck city is bad

Authentic Mexican food is meh.
Californian Mexican is its own thing and its great. Texmex is OK.

Burritos are like my favorite Mexican food and that's not even from Mexico.

>Been steadily (slooooowly) improving since then.

No Downtown has been improving and thats based around the sports teams and other attractions trying to lure people to the city.

>Detroit but it's pretty similar to Chicago now
Not even close. Downtown Detroit has literally 2 streets with things people would want to go to on. One street block seperates concert goers from dead hookers over dosing in a field.

Nothing about the upbringing of blacks will ever be comfy. Your either "whitening" it up or mocking them. And they dont mind it. they wear it like a badge of honor.

>I defend infantile rap "music" on a chinese anime forum

this must be the surest sign of a culturally barren suburban white teenager.

>mad europoor knocking on LA's based megainterchanges

>huggies

im actually ok with that

did the 2008 mortgage crisis affect things at all?

Never heard of any of them.

I can name all kinds of shit in D.C., NYC, London, Paris, and some other cities though...

>Egyptian college diploma
>Nigerian college diploma

>La Brea tar pits
>Getty Museum and Getty Villa
>Union Station
>Rose Bowl
>Santa Monica Pier
>Hollywood sign
>Star Walk of Fame
>Chinese Theater

>criticizing peoples taste in music
You seem more like a high schooler than him

>white
>not cool

Detroit has techno though, so it's all good.

I just want new jack swing back. Please, I missed it the first time around, I just want to hear the sound in the modern age.

It would probably be mixed with trap music, wouldn't it?

That's bullshit.

It was during the riot and they were protecting their store.

>>La Brea tar pits
>>Getty Museum and Getty Villa

These are good.

>>Hollywood sign
>>Star Walk of Fame

These are complete fucking shit.

Rest are fine.

I rarely see it mentioned but the Greystone Mansion/Greystone Park is really nice to visit.

>Was LA in the 90s really this comfy?

so you've never heard ANY west coast rap huh?

asian boys tried to man up and got btfo out by superior black alphas.

>Vanilla Ice and MC Hammer

Those two were entertainers in a different niche. If you want an actually bad rapper from the 90s, look up MC Brains or Silkk Da Shocker, or fucking Mase.

Not all west coast hip hop was edgy gangsta rap. Pharcyde, Def Jef, and Digital Underground are all great examples.

That you believe west coast rap applied to all of LA is hilarious.

LA in the 90s was pretty damn comfy around West Hollywood, loved going to Virgin Records on sunset and comic shops on Melrose.

i wish i was mexican ):

>it's a flyover state and clueless Cred Forums users think LA was nothing but south central episode

>complains about subpar wages while admitting to breaking strikes

>only one passing mention of Falling Down in thread
C'mon anons. Also need more essential 90's LA-core films.

this is how i know im too old for this site.

>The same infrastructure that made LA a city for cars also catered to the needs of major film production: space for trailers, trucks, lighting and set preparation.

Uhhh...no. LA was an established film town before the meme of cars. Read a history book before you type bullshit.

If all the obstacles you mentioned were true, then hardly any filming would occur in NYC.

Get out of here with your wrong speculation. LA did struggle because other states like New Mexico and Louisiana provided self-criplling incentives to film companies in hopes of getting their own film industry.

However, LA has endured the minor exodus of film companies due to established talent in the valley who know how to make proper props/effects/etc and because of the LA weather along with its numerous sound stages.

Yeah but Silicon Beach is actually becoming a thing which is why Santa Monica,Venice, and Marina Del Rey are the most expensive they've ever been.

austin is where other texan fags go to make it big but instead get fucking drunk.

get the fuck out, you cliche transplant. LA loves to crush dreams so people with thicker skin and better work ethic will enjoy the perks of LA living.

Don't tell me you're a waiter or an Uber driver hoping to write out his screenplay or find gigs to play.

Silicon Valley is only about an 8 hour drive from LA
>Detroit has great cheese

God bless the autists in the flyover states.

Try Dark Blue with Kurt Russel. Came out in 2002 but it's still pretty good.

Hi wtf are you talking about?

Clearly you've never tried any of the food in the places you're talking about.

You're basically saying "Chicago pizza is the same thing as NYC pizza"

People have died for saying less, user.

Stop acting like you know shit just because your shithole town only has two Mexican restaurant options.

90s movie set in earlier 90s

>Was LA in the 90s really this comfy? Even the fucking ghetto looked comfy.

Yes

>Silicon Valley is only about an 8 hour drive from LA

5 hours

Well, White Men Can't Jump is another. Boyz n the Hood. Speed. Airheads.

>let me judge an era only by watching its rose tinted accounts, propaganda, and highlight reels

>LA Riots
>Crazy Mexicans
>Crackheads everywhere

beach was for bodybuilders & sluts so i guess that was a plus.

thats a comfy pic

Come to El Paso. All of the creature comforts, none of the crime.
It's hot as fuck year round, tho.

>barring...roof Koreans
Thank you for making me feel wanted.

reminder

Was this an ironic post you copied off facebook or something?

Sorry we're not all cool kids wearing cool nigger clothes listening to cool nigger music having cool multiracial groups of friends! We cant all be cool and chill and trendy hehe