Are they still gonna make a fourth Star Trek film considering the third one cost the studios around $70 million?

Are they still gonna make a fourth Star Trek film considering the third one cost the studios around $70 million?

they'll get an even more diverse cast, more gay characters, throw in a tranny and hope that delivers the big bucks.

ask your mum. Oh wait you can't cos she is busy sucking my dick

Yeah. You don't just stop doing something because one of them didn't do as well as the others, you figure out why it didn't perform as expected and (hopefully) correct it. Star Trek is guaranteed money, just a case of making it right.

Yes. Paramount has few other film series that have as much potential as Trek, and doing it with the current cast presents the least possible risk, which studios hate (see for example the Bond people desperately trying to get Craig back).

Super fun movie that was poorly marketed. I think it's gonna kill in DVD/Blu-ray sales..

it was awful

>correct it

But Beyond was a much better film than Into Darkness. If they 'corrected it' they will ruin the next film.

They will, but it will have a substantially smaller budget to minimise potential losses. That, or an even bigger advertising budget.

I've only watched into darkness and it was shit. are the other 2 worth watching?

Star Trek holds up slightly better, but not really, especially if you saw nothing redeeming in Into Darkness.

It probably performed worse because of the gay shit they put in it.

Realistically, probably not. There was one scene that most people would likely not have interpreted as being homosexual in nature if they weren't aware that they said Sulu was gay in it.

I liked Beyond more than TFA

This.

Action, humor, techno-babble, fan service, a pinch of typical Star Trek scullery philosophy without having its head up its own ass...way better than the two other ones in my opinion.

And the music scene is great.

What will they do about Pavel Jerkoff?

just watched beyond, still better than star wars.

>note the wedding ring on Sulu's finger, this will be relevant later. Reference to families. Look! A gay couple, watch them hug. No kissing though, that would be a little bit too gay for mass market audiences

amen.

Totally agree.
But it seems like the Star Trek hype has faded away. You can't blame the lacking success on marketing alone, it's probably time to go back to the series format.
Let's hope that will be good.

thats not hard

It was a horribly banal, bland, BEIGE movie with the most nondescript alien planet I have ever seen in a science fiction movie. And believe me, I've seen a LOT of shit SF.

If there was a prize for the most cringey, shoehorned, "fuck off Dad" use of music in a film, Star Trek Beyond would win it.

The swarm attack made me so mad. One principle of Star Trek is that phaser and shield tech render small ships useless. Small ships simply cannot muster a shield capable of resisting a phaser for more than a few milliseconds and computer aiming would eliminate the entire swarm in a matter of minutes. Conversely, small ships phaser cannot trouble a large vessel's shield, nor would high speed ramming attacks work.

But no, we had to be subjected to the tired "le shoal of fish effect" that ignores Newtonian laws of motion in a vacuum.

I think you need to eject your autism core into space before it's too late.

its entirely a macguffin movie

and it just exists

I bet they'll hold off and see what happens with the new series now

then decide if they are going to recast/reboot again later

that's like preferring small turds to large turds because they hurt less

Good luck with that, kek.

more space niggers and SJWs = money :^)

Only saw it for the first time today and I really hope we get another. Beyond should have been the second movie.

They will. But dont expect Chris Hemsworth in it like it was originally planned

A $70 million loss is fairly small, all things considered. Movies that seem to make money hand over fist probably have similar losses on their balance sheets due to Hollywood's screwy accounting. If Star Trek were a new brand, its weak performance might be troublesome, but being that it's very much not a new brand, it won't mean much of anything. Beyond is, all things considered, far from the worst-performing Trek movie ever released. Nemesis will probably always hold that dubious distinction, as it netted only an anemic $43 million in the US. How long they'll keep making Kelvin Timeline movies is anyone's guess, but I don't imagine they'll be wanting to retool again until they have something worth doing that over - I mean, that's not exactly a free action itself, so as long as they have a cast, they might as well use them.

>Beyond should have been the second movie.

Just pretend it is. Pegg & Jung were good enough to write the movie so that Into Darkness doesn't have to be thought of at all.

Given Hemsworth's status as box office poison outside of the Marvel brand, he probably doesn't command a very high rate.

>IT WAS ANOTHER CORRUPT STARFLEET OFFICERRRRRRRRRRR

>Star Trek is guaranteed money
It really isn't.

Not only that but hell be busy for pretty much the next year on infinity war. Beginning in November it will take nine months to shoot plus reshoots. I imagine thor will have a lot to do in this movie given what happens in Ragnarok.

>one of them
All the new Trek movies were generic uninspired shit tho

>make Pine look like Shat
for what purpose

Online shills were hyping it as being "more true to Star Trek" than the others, that's probably what they meant.

I hated the trailer and I thought it's gonna sucked even though I thought the two first ones were okay.

Finally, it's the best of the three and was tons of fun to watch, hope we'll get a next one written by Simon Pegg and that director from the Fast and Furious franchise.

The third one was the best out of the three.

Because he's finally really playing Kirk, rather than some oversexed fratboy that happens to be called Kirk.

>It's a the bug guys show up and you get excited but it's not the bug episode so you get sad episode

that fucking bike always cracks me up, who thought putting it there was a good idea