EmojiMovie: Express Yourself will explore the hidden world that rests inside of our smartphones...

> EmojiMovie: Express Yourself will explore the hidden world that rests inside of our smartphones. Hidden inside of the messaging app is a land known as Textopolis, a bustling city filled with emojis that are all hoping to be chosen by the text-sending phone user in the latest message. The plot, when it develops, will follow our first EmojiMovie star, T.J. Miller

>Gene's best friend in the movie, Hi-5, will be played by late-night talk show host James Corden, who should bring his singing voice along for the ride.

>Gene and Hi-5 need tech support, so EmojiMovie: Express Yourself has hired Ilana Glazer to play notorious code breaker emoji Jailbreak. Together, according to the studio, this trio embark on "an epic 'app-venture' through the apps on the phone, each its own wild and fun world, to find the Code that will fix Gene. But when a greater danger threatens the phone, the fate of all emojis depends on these three unlikely friends who must save their world before it's deleted forever.'

So Cred Forums?

Are you ready for movie of 2017 already?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nD-b4TtvMZM
youtube.com/watch?v=Vr9DvbJ7XQM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>yellow smiley face on legs

SON?!

Looking forward to the tie-in action figures to add to my meme toy collection.

Kill everyone who worked on this movie and humanity could only improve

Illana why ;_;

What the fuck is this.

When people complain about Hollywood not having any original ideas, is this what they want instead?

But this isn't a new or original idea. It will be a new to movies ip in a typical formulaic shitfest.

THIS!

Who will play my emojifu in the inevitable biopic?

>But this isn't a new or original idea.
Sure it is. What movie has tried this before?

I guess it's better than talking weed smoking hot dogs. Right?
.....right?

Actually, it probably is.

How is this any different than Pixels?

What nig play poo poo emoji

This sounds like a shitshow

Really?

Maybe this poster of another emoji character will change your mind

Oh, shit. There's no comeback.

Agreed.

The story seems to be bland, "hero's journey" bullshit. Now, there's nothing inherently wrong with that, but the fact that they're using emojis is a clear sign that they're running out of ideas, and the monomyth only works if it's got interesting ideas propping it up.

Take an existing ip and shoehorn it into some cgi movie that take place in a secret world that exist right under our eyes?

Yeah it's been done

wait was there a first emoji movie?

This is a joke right? They aren't actually making this movie.....?

>Original idea
>This is defienetly nothing like
>Osmosis Jones
>Tron
>The Lego Movie
>Toy Story
>Wreck it Ralph
>Sausage Party
Or even god forbid:

Wait a minute, that female romantic interest...

Stop, I was wrong. Please forgive me.

EmojiMovie - A World where smartphone emojis live
Wreck it Ralph - A World where vidya lives
Food Fight - A World where Logos live
Sausage Party - A World where food lives
Who Framed Roger Rabbit - A World where Toons Live
Cool World - Another world where toons live

So it's Sausage Party with emojis?

Hey it's fine user, we can't have all seen and have perfect recollection of all movies that existed.

But at least now you've got some good movies to watch.

Can't believe I forgot about Cool World.

Also I suppose stuff like The Secret of Nirn connects too somewhat.

Sounds like Wreck-It Ralph and Sausage movie. Will be better than Sausage Party and not as good as Wreck-It Ralph.

>Nirn
Damn, getting my names mixed up.
I meant Nimh.

There's also:

Toy Story
Lego Movie
Osmosis Jones

Basically all movies that revolve around heroes in a secret world where we get to see what things do behind the scenes. Except the majority of these movies probably pulled it off better.

I've seen every movie there except Tron. Toy Stoy is good, but the rest are mediocre.

>Sausage Party
>Lego Movie
>good

>T.J. Miller
>James Corden

The most nu-male core choices they could even find, fuck this shit.

>just the plot to Wreck It Ralph
Did TJ Miller really spend all his Big Hero 6 and Deadpool money already?

The Lego movie is good, just overrated.

Get ready people, because this disaster would doom Sony Pictures as a whole.
Set the doomsday clock everyone, because shit is about to hit the fan.

You're right, I didn't mean all of them were great, but the ones that are bad are easy to discern.

Ones I actually meant are Toy Story, Who Framed Roger Rabbit and Osmosis Jones, since it's one of those movies I assume everyone saw at some point just forgot about, and it's good for nostalgia.

I shut it off very quickly after watching it, so I don't agree.

>jagged stumps at the ends of her arms
Who did she piss off, Cred Forums?

>I shut it off very quickly after watching it
What?

I think this movie would be worse than pixels.

Sorry, I meant to say after I started watching it.

I miss 08.. the furrys, the guro..

the internet is just nigger shit now

instagram emojis or whatever

just end it all please.

Disregard that. 100 big-budget movies by Sony could bomb in 2017 and it would survive.

Also, I suck cocks.

I don't remember the opening being particularly shitty, so I'm not going to say it gets better, but for what it's worth, I think it's worth a watch.

Toy Story's still better.

There's always capeshit. The only super hero they like is Spiderman and even he's getting infested with diversity and sjw agenda.

>Toy Story's still better.
That's not even in question. But I'll consider watching it.

I found the opening to be so artificial, with just zero subtlety or artistry beyond the animation. Like it was written for idiots.

kek, meant to write that as user.

How low can they go, lads?

This is basically Wreck it Ralph except written for teens/ adults and utterly shit. Also seems like they are going for Sausage Party tier humor. Fucking hell between this and capeshit cinema is dead.

They don't even look like fucking emojis

You think they'd let me take a crack at running this shit? What do they have to lose honestly?

Without giving away too much, it's intentionally parodying Dark Lord, Chosen One cliches.

Some bits of the movie are still pretty unoriginal, but I thought there was lots of creative moments.

Foodfight could have been a masterpiece, this is why it is so tragic. Still a top quality film though, I'd recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it.

I thought this was bait.

It's real. And the sad thing is it'll probably make a fortune.

Will there be a scene where the emoji witness sexting?

no it wont

>Foodfight could have been a masterpiece
How? What part of it is remotely good? A movie based on the incredibly idiotic of idea of banking on the notability of food mascots doesn't seem particular favorable to making a masterpiece.

This would look dumb to normies.

No, he's right, young adults and kids will love this. If you've been around any teenagers lately you'd know.

The sad thing is as much as think this movie is stupid I'm gonna fall for the controversy like Sausage Party and inevitably watch it.

who are you, Kevin Smith? Teens don't like texting as much as you might think.

>Teens don't like texting as much as you might think.
I think they like it pretty damn much, though perhaps not enough to see a movie about it.

Really? Things are worse then I thought.

PhoneKinó incoming

>it's a phone blows up killing all the emojis inside episode

I live near a high school and see kids obsessing over snapchat and texts all the time. I feel like an angry grandpa when I'm blocked by who stop in the middle of the sidewalk and take pictures and then stand there to send stuff to each other. Anyway, I think this movie will be similar to the lego movie, aren't the creators the same?

>it's a the emojis never get used because the owner doesn't use his phone because he doesn't want to look at the missed calls from concerned family members episode
Season 23 sucks.

He's Ms. Pacman's son. Pacman's wife's son

Charlie Sheen has brilliant acting, the script is witty and clever, and the concept of the food mascots is done in a way that subverts the nature of the corporate entity. If t was finished, it could have been one of the great animated films.

LOL(LEL(KEK(JEJ(HEH))))
LAY KEKOLD MEE-MAY
I TOO ENJOY UNFUNNY MEE-MAYS

pls no

Yeah but with sausage party normies were laughing at the trailer, to most people it was weird but not disliked (it is utter utter shit though).

I can't imagine even the normiest of plebs giving this concept the time of day. I don't even know what the audience is- kids, adults- teens I guess. There is no appeal here. At least SP has crude humor which some people liked- not me, but at least I kinda understand.

No one will like this movie, except downies.

>Miller
>Corden
>Glazer

sounds like a bunch of jews

>Charlie Sheen has brilliant acting,
Sounds like he was just mostly phoning it in.

> concept of the food mascots is done in a way that subverts the nature of the corporate entity.
This is completely pretentious bullshit. They weren't treated any more subversively than in just about every commercial.

>If t was finished, it could have been one of the great animated films
So fucking false. Finished implies that the elements that were in the final movies needed just to be polished to be good. The story was awful and the animation was horrendous. There's nothing there to finish. The positive aspects you mentioned either aren't true or would be completely accidental to making a good movie.

>that era will never return

>MAH BOI

she fucked up the shoes

that's actually horrifying

>Someone on Cred Forums is actually praising foodfight

there is no god

Sheen was amazing? Honestly his best performance. Wayne Brady was also really good. And yes, it was done in a way to shame the corporate entity. The futility of the war between brands and generic products revealed that the real nature of a product relies on it's quality, and that branding is ultimately irrelevant. Hence the mascots dying, and the futility of the war.

The final scene with the foodfight happening is tragic when you view it through this lens. Not only that, but the fight was wholly tense and exiting, which most animated films do not achieve.

The only flaw in this movie is that it was never finished. But we can see the skeleton of what would have no doubt been a modern classic.

The only flaw in the movie was that the final scene wasn't a 45 minute fuck after killing the generic whore, and then having a cumshot on her lifeless body

>only the girl has a body
nice work

I'm actually somewhat jealous that you're smart enough to bait so convincingly. If not, I really don't know how to communicate with someone so pretentiously deluded.

Will the Kaaba emoji feature?

Isis emojis will feature heavily in this production.

Well I don't know if that would be appropriate but definitely I would have liked more romance scenes. There was a real chemistry there that usually animated characters cannot convey. And she was only generic in that she was a product of brand X, of course the irony being that she was a developed character in her own right. The twist at the end was masterful (that she was the prune lady), and is a lesson to children to not always believe what they see.

Why would I be baiting? The film was great. It was subversive, ironic, but also sincere in it's message whilst warning of the dangers of creating a nation reliant on capitalism. And the action was actually very well choreographed. Had me on the edge of my seat. Perhaps you are just jaded by the critics.

>the future of hollywood is literally in meme movies

What is happening to us

youtube.com/watch?v=nD-b4TtvMZM

youtube.com/watch?v=Vr9DvbJ7XQM

Because every part of this movie was fucking horrible. It would be easier to defend an Adam Sandler comedy.

completely wrong, they like Snapchat and that pleb shit but they aren't completely retarded.

Also most teens don't watch faggy movies for 5 year olds (disney excluded of course)

>that female emoji

GRRRRRRRRLLLLLLLLLL
PWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

le wrong generation

nostalgia is for suckers

Adam Sandler is awful and unfunny. Foodfight was good though. Perhaps the surface humor is childish, but the irony and introspection brings a whole new level to appreciate. I must have watched Foodfight about 11, maybe 12 times now. Each time I find something new to enjoy whilst still reliving the things I enjoyed in my first few viewings. And as I say, the film had a great action element to it as well.

I tried to find the ending battle on YouTube but it isn't there, perhaps I will upload it. But really if you look past it being animation there are comparisons to be drawn to Lord of the Rings. The world building is actually convincing and the concept is not just novel, but used throughout the movie.

Imagine being such a faggot that you defend shitty children's movies

t. blitter faggot

You're the movie equivalent to the dude that only listened to Linkin Park - In The End

>Adam Sandler is awful and unfunny.
Absolutely false. Consider his magnum opus, Jack and Jill, in which Sandler looks at sibling rivalry without that acrid love of dysfunction so popular on TV and Broadway. It shows the depths of kinship–similarities siblings can’t help sharing but learn to accept in themselves. He explores affection without the class and gender guilt Judd Apatow hides behind (the distraction scuttled Apatow’s grandiose Funny People). Sandler’s willingness to appear “dumb” is what makes his films so cathartic. He thrives on being unembarrassed–the key to classic comedy going back to the Greeks.

Only a childs movie to a person who hasn't looked in depth or through any kind of academic lens.
Well I don't know what his reasoning was, but I can assure you I watch other films. Not only that but I can back up the film with reasoning. It is a masterpiece and really everybody knows it, it just has a hate bandwagon. Perhaps because of the corporate stuff, but that is all done in a way that subverts the very nature of the system we live in.

I don't remember the Goth girl emoji

Yeah it's real subversive, even though the themes are common place in a lot of films. Maybe if you didn't have the downs you could see that it's really one of the most half assed films in existence

Actually user you may be onto something. It is indeed similar to the "gallows" type humor pandered by Greek actors. Perhaps the film is not "funny" in the sense that it makes me laugh, but funny in the way that it parodies class and gender to bring freedom to these oppressed groups.

So in a way the film is almost similar to Foodfight. Perhaps both films only wish to appear dumb on the surface level to hide the very anti establishment views they explore- or they might not have been funded.

Perhaps this is why Foodfight first went missing? The higher ups thought it was too much of a realistic commentary, so both films were coated in irreverent humor to allow the directors to speak about the issues they have passion for.

Nice analysis user, if only more of us could be less jaded and if only more of us could not lack nuance.

We are all actually in hell

Can you name a movie you think is completely devoid of value?

read my other post
The depth to which these themes were explored were much further, and broke the rules, hence the irreverent cover up. And the themes were carried in a film with great comedy, great action and fantastic lead performances.

Will the female emoji end up in a three-way with two of the new multiracial emojis?

This honestly sounds like how an insane person views the world.

>EmojiMovie

You know what? I'm glad the Chinese are slowly becoming the biggest market for film. Between this shit and all the bullshit reboot movies, the west is done when it comes to film.

American Beauty is pompous trash with no real message, and the character motivations are diluted and lacking. Honestly that film is the complete opposite of Foodfight- but it gets the critic and audience praise? And it does not even have a real entertainment value. Shit acting too.

> pic related isn't the protagonist

bad casting to be honest

>American Beauty
That's where you're wrong. It's simultaneously a comedy because we laugh at the absurdity of the hero's problems, and a tragedy because we can identify with his failure--not the specific details, but the general outline. It's a movie about a man who fears growing older, losing the hope of true love and not being respected by those who know him best. It's about yearning after youth, respect, power and, of course, beauty. And it manages to end on a note of acceptance, even in the wake of its forced yet brilliantly staged, devastating climax.

You are one of the biggest fucking retards I've ever seen

I wonder how disappointed your parents would be if they heard that you obsess about a cartoon made for children

i feel like it's too safe to fail, as bad as that may be.
people will see whatever cgi movie is available, especially if it looks generic and bland.

This may be what the movie tried to do, but it failed. Unlike Foodfight, which succeeded in its goals of conveying its themes whilst being funny. The message is lost in the bad filmmaking.

Tommy Wiseau's "The Room", does what American Beauty did and actually succeeds. The man is identifiable as his life spins out of control, but at the same time it is so absurd that it makes the audience laugh. It also is simplistic in how it conveys its message and does not bombard the audience with multiple motifs that no one could possibly take in in one sitting.

holy fucking shit you are retarded, this is the most obvious troll ever done on this fucking website

>ywn have a pious qt Asian wife
Truly, life is suffering.

>tfw just discovered charliesheendog is down
fug

Really? I thought it was pretty convincing.

Who will voice act him?

Even worse then.

A random person has wasted their time by trying to act as a flawed character. Imagine how vain that must be to act like someone with brain damage, just so less than 10 people can say things to you

Only if Daddy's Cummies makes an appearance.

You are what Foodfight warned of, a drone who revels in what the others like, not daring to analyse the deeper meanings of music/ games/ films that you see on the surface as trash.

I did my GCSEs, my A-Levels and my thesis in my degree on Foodfight. It has never let me down. I have convinced Masters level professors and scholars that this film is a masterpiece, and when we watch it, as I reveal the true identity of the movie, we all howl in laughter at the hidden meanings and comedy.

You just don't like searching for things. And so what if I am "obsessed"? I call it dedicated. Some learn a language, some art or music, I have dedicated my time to learning about the underappreciated masterpiece that is Foodfight.

At least I have done a service to the world, so have fun with your shitposting.

This is literally the Lego Movie with elements of Wreck-It Ralph based around a consumer property no-one wanted or asked for a film based upon.

In other words, an expensive version of Foodfight.

>I have convinced Masters level professors and scholars that this film is a masterpiece, and when we watch it, as I reveal the true identity of the movie, we all howl in laughter at the hidden meanings and comedy.
You may have gone too far in a few places... specifically, here.

For fucks sake don't compare Foodfight to this trash film! Read my other posts

The film is a masterpiece. I guess you are but another drone. Fills me with a great depression. I've studied Foodfight for three years now. I thought more people by now would have understood it.

>Actual wants fury garbage back
pls go

I want to die

How jaded you must be. Unable to comprehend something so you label me the stupid one. Have you even watched the movie? I have a hard time believing people could not like it at least to some degree. I get that the more complex elements require introspection but there are still surface themes and other events to appreciate, even on a subconscious level.

Furys didn't go anywhere, faggot. If anything, they've become far more perverse.

foodfight is 4 babiez

this reeks of amy pascal

I know you'll just keep replying about how wrong anyone pointing out you're a delusional retard/autist is, but seriously. Foodfight's one of the few objective examples of a terrible film and you should seek psychiatric counselling immediately.

Actually, it is the only objectively good film, as my studies revealed. On a subconscious level it has brought both joy and meaning to millions. They are just clouded by poor judgement and ignorance.

Foodfight's only flaw, if it has any indeed, may be that it's too good

Holy shit, everybody is clearly finished getting baited by now. You can stop. You had your fun, but you clearly put more effort into fooling people here than everyone else did in responding to you.

>James Corden.
DROPPED

Is that Daddario?

if it's furry you're after there's always the

>Male hero is utterly generic save for a tuft of hair to distinguish him from all the other ones like him
>Female lead is punkish with dyed hair

EVERY TIME

>Talking to two friends
>Ha ha thats a funny memmy!
What the fuck do you mean
>You know, a memmy! Have you lived under a rock?
Had to expose my powerlevel a little and say its pronounced meme.

When the fuck did any picture with text become a meme? When did normies take over the internet?

Reeeeeeeeee

Ditto the 24/7 Delgo stream

I feel like this movies get greenlit because execs tell themselves that China will see it.

>this peace is what we strove for
>it has finally become boring around here