Just got back from a screening of this. Please tell me some of you cunts have seen it

Just got back from a screening of this. Please tell me some of you cunts have seen it.

I can't tell if I liked i or not.

It wasn't at all what I was expecting. I don't know what I was expecting.

Those songs were fucking great though. And something about it has stuck with me. I liked it.

This song (and this version in particular):
www.youtube.com/watch?v=luubWjn2rA4

UPHOLSTERY

WHEN MY BABY SITS UP CLOSE TO MEEEE

Yeah that's pretty much my exact reaction.

I would say its a mediocre to bad movie overall with some really great ideas throughout.

ROLL ON THUNDER SHINE ON LIGHTNING

THATS SUPPPOOOOSTA BE
WHAT ALL LIFE SHOULD BE ABOUT

(be about)

Great movie.
Got the soundtrack on vinyl.
Might be my favourite de palma after Blow Out.

Paul Williams single handedly turned this movie into kino

THE DAYS ARE LONG AND THE NIGHTS ARE FRIGHTENING

I've listened to the soundtrack online and I'd love to watch it, but I can't find a copy for less than $20, which seems a little high for a 40 year old movie (I don't like pirating unless absolutely necessary).

The only De Palma film I've seen is Carrie, which was well enough directed for me to look past the shotty music, acting, and low a/v quality.

Took me a while to realize they use the same mask in Gundam Wing.

The problem is that all the individual pieces (the songs, the writing, the cinematography, costume/set design, etc) are all really good individually, but it never really clicks together into a greater whole very well.

if you can buy the arrow version its worth the 20

anyway its my fave film, brought the novel a few months back, shits weird in that

is this an unlicensed musical version of Berserk?

I actually bought a copy in a shop next to a club called The Paradise.

> thinking Berserk is wholly original and came up with Femto's look all by itself

saw it in August at a local arthouse. really dug it.
PHENNIIIXXXXXX

I'm glad people are talking about this finally. I've loved it for years and nobody has even heard of it. I'm glad I got it on video before that, though. Prices.

Edgar Wright has been spreading it around.

It's literally about getting cuckholded

yea
its great. Love the music and the entire film...i gotta watch it again soon

DiPalma is great
fuck the critics

Juicy Fruits > Beach Bums > Undeads

I WAS NOT MYSELF LAST NIGHT, COULDN'T SET THINGS RIGHT WITH APOLOGIES OR FLOWERS

All three of them are music-kino. Beef's big number at the end is actually pretty fantastic even though he's meant to be a joke. Paul William's music is just that good.

I love how Beef hands the mic and blows a kiss at some kid who is inexplicably in crutches

one of De Palma's greatest films

one of the most fun movies ever made

probably a masterpiece

>The film's only successful major market during its theatrical release was Winnipeg, Canada[7] where it opened on Boxing Day 1974 and played in local cinemas over four months continuously and over one year non-continuously until 1976.[8] The soundtrack album sold 20,000 copies in Winnipeg alone and was certified Gold in Canada.[7] It played occasionally in Winnipeg theatres in the 1990s and at the Winnipeg IMAX theatre in 2000 and always "drew a dedicated audience".[8]

I've never been so proud.