Max Landis Isn’t Happy About the ‘Power Rangers’ Trailer: ‘It Appears They Made Chronicle’

indiewire.com/2016/10/max-landis-power-rangers-trailer-chronicle-1201735122/

Trailer for those who didn't see it:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q-C4qqsgs8w

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VsBYXLYNZlE
forgotten.faithweb.com/MaxLandis/legit00.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=BKjpH2qO8XY
youtube.com/watch?v=uBSrP7ub6VA
youtube.com/watch?v=8ryYOl7S5Ts
youtube.com/watch?v=sXN5CQ_ZED0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Max Landis

CAN SUCK A FUCKING DICK, HE HASN'T MADE A GOOD FUCKING SCRIPT SINCE CHRONICLE

Because Chronicle was so original, right?

>generic story about people getting mysterious alien powers
>DUDE THAT'S MY SCRIPT

Only this time it wasn't written by a faggot.

lol this movie looks so bad. They completely missed the fucking point and made it grimdark serious when it should have been campy and fun. I'd even would have set it in the early 90s to get some nostalgia visual gags in

He's not wrong. I happen to agree with him here.

I thought he was just talking out of his ass, but wow. He was right.

Max Landis should be happy it's trying to be Chronicle. It's his only successful movie.

Also I didn't know Max had a hand in this movie. All interest that I already didn't have is now negative.

Notice how that promotional photo is of the actors side view, it is so you can tell one of the "actor's" has the skull of an ape or ape like creature. Not going to point out which actor, I'll leave it to your imagination ;)

Only you care

ebic

Chronicle wasn't even fucking original anyways. Landis is just mad that it's his only successful movie.

>Chronicle wasn't even fucking original anyways.

it's funny because people usually go "oh akira!" but it's just high school fantastic four with alien artifact swapped in for cosmic rays, hell the british had a tv series called Chocky that explored a similar idea

landis is the only person who remembers chronicle unless its directly brought up

He should be happy his "original" idea is influential.

I thought it was the suit that gave them powers? Also if Alpha 5 is absent, DROPPED.

he is wrong his story was as generic as you can get

But Max Landis is a cunt.

Speaking as someone who grew up with power rangers, if they made it campy and fun it would've turned out like sharknado and ended up straight to video, I like the new take on it as well as the direction it's going and think it was much needed. Transformers did it too and the first one came out great.

BREAKING NEWS : nu-male is unhappy

go to bed Max

No. They could've easily had the tone of a Marvel movie (Guardians of the Galaxy) and it would've been fine

Why isn't Zordon in this?

its only the first trailer and they didnt show shit

No, 2007 Transformers was ESPECIALLY campy.

I wanted to come in this thread and rip landis for being a pretentious tool, over man child level scifi.

But then I remember how hard he tried to fit in when he visited RLM. He was legit difficult to watch. Came off as a sheltered kid who never had a real friend.

He tries hard to live up to his dad. John landis is a living legend with the Midas touch.

Chronicle is literally the only thing he's made that wasn't shit. So he wants to hold onto it, protect it, mention it whenever possible.

It's okay Max! One day I promise you knock one out of the park!

wait a minute did they really swap the races of the blue and black ranger? are they really that afraid of being called racist that they made the black guy the blue ranger?

I don't know why Max is so obsessed with wanting to write every Hollywood adaptation of anything remotely nerdy. He bitches about not being chosen for that Detective Pikachu movie, he bitches about Power Rangers, and while I appreciate the writing tips he does give, he's got such a big ego and a hard on for his work it's hard not to just see him as kind of a dick.

max landis is annoying
max landis is correct about the power rangers trailer

Original Power Rangers ended up doing it too.

the ONE thing anyone remembers about power rangers are the costumes (and maybe like zordon or that skeleton dude) and they fucked it up. If you're gonna bank on nostalgia do it right jesus christ.

I actually knew a guy in high school that acted and sounded exactly like Landis did in those rlm videos. He even looked like him a lot too. That kid was autistic however so I suspect Landis might be too.

Good thing nobody saw Chronicle

On repeated viewing, it doesn't seem so bad. There's even a jumping back kick like how Jason did.

Lol really Landis? This is far fetched as fuck. Yeah it's teens, they find a mysterious space rock and get powers. That's all it has in common.

Chronicle was such a good movie, why is Landis so retarded.

Except that Power Rangers did it first. Out of suit powers gained through some otherworldly-esque force happened in their shows. Shut the fuck up, Max Landis.

is that don fucking cheedle???

Chronicle was just a rip off of akira though

Yeah and Max Landis made a stoner version of Total Recall

looks like this

Akiras powers were totally different. It's not a ripoff it's a basic plot formula; beta bitch boy/austismal gets powers and loses control because m'lady

Except there has never been anything to show that they had abilities outside of their suits. Also, in the original, they didn't find the stones. They were chosen. They became rangers because they were already special, but this is making it seem like being rangers is what makes them special.

>there will never be a proper adaptation of the Akira manga
Feels bad, the shit covered in the Akira movie is really only the tip of the iceberg of crazy shit.

I really want the American love action. I think a competent director could do it justice. Maybe have someone like Nolan. Or Oronofsky.

Who thought "O hey that worked great as a kids show lets make it gritty and dark"

So they can try to sell it to the kids who use to watch it but are now all grown up? It looks like that fucking dragon ball Z live action movie.

>looks like a jock
>bullied and picked on by all the other kids
>"die ugly loser"
>is the hottest girl in school
>we're supposed to feel sympathy for them

>Max 'Cuck' Landis crying about originality and invoking fucking Chronicle of all things...
Isn't this faggot literally stealing Memepastas for his new show?

He isn't wrong. When I saw the trailer I just thought "Chronicle meets Twilight"

Holy shit they ripped of this

youtube.com/watch?v=VsBYXLYNZlE

In Power Rangers Dino Thunder the kids found magic rocks that they used to power their morphers. The magic rocks also gave them unique superhuman abilities. Please note, I said "their shows", not MMPR specifically. All of the Power Rangers are a Saban brand and given that this new movie is not a direct adaptation of MMPR, there's no reason why Saban can't use elements from other shows in the series.

I wasn't planning on seeing Power Rangers but since it makes Landis buttmad, I guess I will now

He's right. Regardless how you feel about chronicle he did it first and this is just following the same structure.

>not a direct adaptation
Except it IS a direct adaptation. Or does the teens being named Jason, Kimberly, Trini, Zack, and Billy and the bad guys being Rita and Goldar not give it away?

Why was he fired?

All these plots are basically Animorphs.

Mostly because the kid breaking out of the hospital in bandages. It's an apt observation desu.

hehe "ripped off",
like that one kids head in twilight zone ROFLMAO

He molested a babby goat and tried to invite RLM to the filming, the moment the crew say RLM they refused to let them in because they are too ugly to be around celebs.

I must be the only one who likes the movie better than the manga.

kek

nope, not at all

max should kill himself

>Chronicle is literally the only thing he's made that wasn't shit.
Wrong. He also wrote a very nice piece of Spider-Man fanfiction.
forgotten.faithweb.com/MaxLandis/legit00.htm

THE NIGGER SAID HOLD UP

>its a "girl covering an upbeat pop song in a serious/somber tone" trailer

trashed. I fucking hate this meme. It tries so hard to be cool but its gay as fuck

>giving Saban money
>ever

IT'S MORPHIN TIME

didn't he rip off akira anyways

oh thank god... i thought Landis was the screenwriter for this and i was going to have to start liking him if this turned out good

Nice to know i can still keep hating that overrated cuck

Those helmets totally prevents them from moving their jaws.

Wishlist

>"It's Morphin' Time"
>"Hiyah and/or Uhyah"
>The Pose and Explode

didn't even know they were still around desu. how'd they get enough money together to make a film?

What the fuck is this capeshit origin story doing in my power rangers? Also those costumes look way too fucking complex, i know they're CGI but come the fuck on

I don't understand why people think this movie is going to be grimdark.

The director said on many occasions that its not going to be grimdark.

Chronicle is a masterpiece of a film. I had no idea Max Landis wrote it

>Also those costumes look way too fucking complex
what?? you wanted saturday morning cartoon tier spandex?? Grow the fuck up

>I don't understand why people think this movie is going to be grimdark.
errh did you even watch the trailer?

Yes I know, they will do reshoots and release tv spots with quips and make it lighter toned but for now, everyone believes that the film is gonna be like BvS due to the darkish and serious toned teaser.

Haven't we all learnt a lesson to never judge a movie by its teaser?

Go and watch the Suicide Squad teaser then watch its trailers. Entirely different.

yeah cgi knockoff iron man suits are much better.

>Katsuhiro Otomo Isn’t Happy About the ‘Chronicle’ Trailer: ‘It Appears They Made Akira’:

Go away Max nobody's reading your Spidey fanfic either.

Instead of making these "teenagers" find the power stones, why not have the power stones travel the world, finding a counterpart deemed worthy of its power. America, Mexico, China, Africa, Egypt. That would be cool.

Looks more like this than Chronicle

You mean Captain Planet?

I wanted basic color coded plastic armor of sorts not fucking alien armor made out of stardust

Shit, never mind...

>Fans do better costumes than the films

Okay, that's badass.

>Grow the fuck up
>Arguing about a franchise for literally 8 year old children in the 90s.

Looks too busy. They should have made them out of whatever shit they made the Batman or Black Panther costumes out of. And added slight design flairs where the diamonds and belts were

>like thats ever stopped them before

How? Seriously explain how it was campy because I don't think you know what that word means.
>wanting another guardians of the galaxy
yea I sure can't wait to have them all dance next to their megazords
no thanks I'll take the edginess.

He's actually right, but Max Landis is an insufferable faggot, so it cancels out his correctness.

JUST

It wasn't Power Rangers.
It is bullshit if they made Power Rangers more like it.
So sick of Hollywood 'adapting' other things by ripping off some popular recent film or trend. Just base it on the fucking thing you're adapting.

They should have made it like a marvel movie. It would have made more money and had quips that the normies love so much.

> Katsuhiro Otomo Isn't Happy About the 'Chronicle' Trailer: It Appears They Made 'Akira'

Have you seen the new Max Steele? It's even more like Guyver.

its quite obvious why they brought him in and then fired him. they saw chronicle and wanted that on big budget.

shit fucking sucks.

>Just base it on the fucking thing you're adapting.
youtube.com/watch?v=BKjpH2qO8XY

Yea, they completely dropped the ball on the costumes.

I'm not saying THAT is great, but at least acknowledge the basic suit tropes. Even Zack Snyder gives that amount of respect before he ultimately gang rapes his source material.

>black guy doesn't kiss the white girl
DROPPED

Oh god it looks fucking horrible

it looks more like they made the Fantastic Four reboot

Red Ranger's dad was yelling at him while they sat in an old beat up pickup truck. They seem like poor uneducated people, hence Saturday school(I guess). Looks grimdark to me.

fucking looks like alien rangers without their uniform

and that's not a compliment.

>He tries hard to live up to his dad. John landis is a living legend with the Midas touch.

if king midas touched some kids maybe

The basic suit tropes are
Color: Check
Animal motifs on the helmets: Check
Big ass diamond on the chest: Check.

>21 years old

At that point I'd just kill myself tbqh

>The most attractive school girl is referred to as ugly by bullies who are 5/10 at best
How is no one talking about this?

Scaley reptillian exoskeleton that look like an erect penis: Check.

I am 23 and my hairline is worse than that :^)

High school bullies are petty.
In other news, water is wet.

they didn't say she was ugly in the trailer i think

>High school bullies are petty.
Bullies don't bully pretty people though.

needs more defined muscles and groin area user, unf unf

Yeah, people never ever try to tear down someone else due to jealousy or insecurity.

werent the power rangers, apart from billy, a bunch of fucking chads in the show

You could literally call this anything else and it won't bomb as hard as it's going to with the name Power Rangers

It's weird cause when I saw the trailer it kinda reminded me of Chronicle too. Makes sense now.

He's strategically right, Power Rangers should've been retro cheese.

I'm sure his execution was terrible though.

The originals?

>Jason- martial artist
>Tommy- martial artist from different city
>Kimberly- gymnast
>Zack- football player/ dancing dude I don't know
>asian girl-...nerd like billy

Why is Zeo so stacked?

I met one of the australian actors that played the red ranger, not sure which power ranger series it was.

you mean the long kiss goodnight you fucking pleb

Is the manga even good? The movie is horribly overrated.

>they will never make an adaptation of Everworld and fix the ending

DUTCH
U
T
C
H

ANGLES

Looks like complete shit, cinematography wise.

This trailer/film makes Marvel look like some top tier art house cinema.

excuse me, what are you doing

It looks like it's trying so hard to be dark that it comes off as cliche and cheesy as shit. I swear to god, it looks like a student film. As if some asshole wrote a script that had too much shit on it even though his budget didn't cover everything but went for it anyways. Why are people defending this clear mess?

I get they haven't shown everything, but from the trailer, premise, motivations, and even the terrible acting, you can totally tell it's gonna be BAD.

Even if they say that, it'll be super-realistic and not fun.

I predict it will have the same ratio of camp to not camp as TMNT 2014

That fucking garbage is reaching "Small kid singing chilidish song slowwwwly on horror movie" levels of fucking shit.

FUCK.

Vic Morrow's Ghost Isn't Happy About Max Landis: 'It Appears His Dad Fucking Murdered Me'

>if was "my dune"
>all he did was staple Asimov to the end

>textured bullshit armor

Why Hollywood, why

I'll put it this way, the movie is literally the first volume of a six part series, so tons of material, meaning, and characters are completely butchered or lost entirely.

Yeah you're a lying faggit

youtube.com/watch?v=uBSrP7ub6VA

Chronicle was literally the most derivative story that everyone loves for no fucking reason. He thinks because people liked it that it was some original idea. Newsflash: thousands of people who ALSO are into superheroes and that culture already pieced that movie together in their mind. They just didn't have a dad that murdered people on set in a helicopter to help them out.

Am I really the only person on here who Liked American Ultra?

you might be the only person to sit through american ultra

That's right, Mr. Landis.

no, i heard the other kids in your special ed class liked it too

Dibs on the Pink Ranger

Do not steal

>Max Landis
who cares

>Chronicle was literally the most derivative story that everyone loves for no fucking reason

Chronicle's story was everyone kid's daydream, but never put down on paper.

Of course Landis made it depressing Xmen/Magneto garbage at the end.

>pink ranger isnt blonde
>yellow isnt the asian
>black isnt black
>no green

Passsssssssssss

If those kids had been turned to gold maybe they wouldn't have been decapitated by those helicopter blades

What are the chances of Ricardo Medina Jr cameo?

>no green

green wasnt an original though

Every kid's daydream is have to kill their friend who becomes insane after the death of his other friend?

Who /Black Ranger/ here

The asian guy looks like the coolest one in the trailer

About time somebody did this.

yeah because theyre sticking so close to the cannon

I cant unsee the black kid looking like the new animated Donatello. and it angers me that when he "jumps" the canyon it looks like hes thrown before he even attempts to jump.

right....so why would he expect green is my point

only correct answer.

they made twilight/CW drama/capeshit without the cape shit

Nooooo onnnne will ever take them down
the power lies on their si-ee-ide

go go power rangers!!!!

Yeah they should fix that scene

>dark and edgy Power Rangers

Really scraping the bottom the barrel huh Hollywood?

What other gritty re-imaginings do I have to look forward to? Dark and edgy Ducktales? A gritty Sesame Street? Arthur but this time he's a killer psychopath being bullied in school?

>A gritty Sesame Street?
I'd watch the shit out of that. Wouldn't pay for it, but I'd still watch it

youtube.com/watch?v=8ryYOl7S5Ts

I always hated how they wasted the Kakuranger outfits on these dorks.

Probably my biggest beef with this is the guy they cast as Jason. He has a weak fucking face and doesn't look like a convincing leading man or team leader.

Needs more filters. I want full blown Snyder. Big Bird can be his forced Jesus analogue

>not looking forward to Oscar the Grouch jumping out of trashcans and stabbing people for crack money
>not learning his "really makes you think" backstory via black and white slow-motion flashbacks

This, while not a literal copy, Guardians should have been the blueprint for this, a more color-filled fun adventure instead of a grimdark serious reboot.

There can be a middle ground between grimdark edgy seriousness and campy ridiculous schlock. You can do fun and light-heartedness and still have serious stakes.

In all honesty Super Sentai should be the blueprint for this shit. The fact that Sentai is still watchable today and Power Rangers is just cringy shit shows that you can make Power Rangers work without having to drown it in muted colors.

The first thing I thought of after seeing the trailer was that it looked identical to Chronicle way before anyone even mentioned that movie.
As much as I hate Max, I have to agree with him.

Why do people fail so hard at adapting costumes for big budget movies?

I'm not even asking for silly spandex suits but there exists middleground between spandex suits and neon alien biological junkyard explosion

I hope to god this movie has zords

so who's is the gay one?

The trailer killed any hope of me seeing this movie

Black ranger

It does.

Like all modern generic Hollywood robots, they're pointlessly busy and look like Bayformers.

>John landis is a living legend with the Midas touch
Turn those vietnam fucking shits into gold

needs
>After 10000 Years I'm Free

But why take the franchise in that direction. That's not power rangers. Where's there mechs and shit? It's a franchise of butchered tokusatsu with a little rewriting and local filming. I do feel it's too chronicle like in presentation, but ripping things off isn't new. Just not the direction I'd have liked to see it take for how they get magic suit/powers.

>white people are bullies
>look at us cool POC's & dweebs

>People saying it should have a more light-hearted, buoyant feel, like 'Guardians of the Galaxy.'

Fuck off. The trailer was hardly 'grimdark,' and the producers have said they're purposefully trying to capture the feeling of Breakfast Club, Spider-Man, and The Dark Knight. Those movies had identity. The shit that's being pumped out by Marvel has congealed into one massive sugarpump of shit whose influence has become so strong that even thrillers are trying to capture the same audience and tone. Let something be fucking different.

This isn't meant to be a dark, brooding movie, but it doesn't need to be the fucking sugar-coated schlop that you get every 2 months from Disney. If anything, the movie's tone looks like it has the right balance between a believable 'realistic' setting with enough humor between its character to strike the chord DC has repeatedly been aiming for and missing. Some of the scenes in that trailer look like they were written with an intended form of levity, minus the wink-wink nudge-nudge shit you got from Guardians of the Galaxy and its like.

I don't actively dislike Marvel movies, but I do dislike the suggestion that every fucking superhero movie which comes out should follow their blueprint. The director and writer behind this are both dogshit, but that trailer gave me tentative hope for a decent movie. It focused on the characters. That's a good start. I want to see the rangers next.

KEK

>>hardly 'grimdark
>>The DARK Knight

best post in the whole fucking thread, which of course will get ignored because any semblence of original thought that goes against the hivemind of 4chins is automatically wrong. It's too bad I'll never know you user your opinion is in line with mine.

Looks fucking gay.

All they did was turn it into super surrious cape shit.

>girl bullying

im not instantly sold on the ducktales but id watch the shit out of the other two

He's not wrong. You'd have to be delusional to pretend otherwise.

this is honestly what Landis does though. He takes movies that have done well and gives them to characters to make it seem like a different movie. Listen to any of his pitches, they are all used idea with some new flare but it really just X movie with a different character names and location

its a teaser trailer. calm your spaghetti

LOOK AT ME I'M MAX LANDIS AND I INVENTED PEOPLE GETTING POWERS FROM WEIRD ALIEN SHIT.

only thing I'm disappointed about is the lack of the theme song

HEY GUYS REMEMBER THE ONLY MILDLY SUCCESSFUL FILM I WROTE THE SCRIPT FOR THAT CAME OUT 4 YEARS AGO

Why do people think Chronicle was a good movie? It was just another found footage movie with more teen angst.

>inspiration and outside influence is 'ripping off'
By that logic, Jurassic Park and King Kong were just rip offs of the Lost World. Pleb.

Postan better redesigns.

Oh wow, he's right. It also looks a lot stupider.

Implying anyone wants more Marvel

I'd rather staple my dick to my hand than watch another "dark and gritty" franchise revival.

>beinh this out of touch with reality

>being a filthy manchild pleb

Regardless of what i like or don't like, denying that people want more marvel is to deny reality.

>it's a "let's all hate on Max Landis" thread

Hahaha holy shit that trailer was horrific.

They've ruined Batman, they've ruined Superman, now they're ruining Power Rangers. Kids don't have any fun superheros no more, it's all gotta be grimdark edgy and PHOWWWWWMMMmmmmmmmmmm bass drops with soft pop music.

Never post this people outisde their own threads.

This is an objective improvement over MMPR in every single way.

Seriously. Try rewatching MMPR then you tell me again what's being "ruined".

CHRONICLE WAS A RIPOFF OF AKIRA

>Power Rangers: A bunch of teens find a thing and get superpowers and awaken an ancient evil they must stop

>Chronicle: A bunch of teens find a thing and get superpowers and one goes crazy

>Power Rangers 2017: A bunch of teens find a thing and get superpowers and awaken an ancient evil they must stop.

Max Landis, as always, is a fucking idiot.

>Power Rangers: A bunch of teens find a thing and get superpowers and awaken an ancient evil they must stop
Nigger that's not MMPR at all

>tell me again what's being "ruined".
Movies.

Manchildren have lego Batman and 12 Marvel movies each year to keep them happy. Actual kids don't have fully developed brains and will watch whatever garbage you put in front of them, and they have no disposable income of their own anyway. Stop parroting RLM's opinions as your own.

Sorry, it was astronauts. Then five teenagers with attitude are chosen at random and given superpowers. That's way better.

If Max Landis doesn't want to be hated, his would not be an asymmetric rainbow.

>Kids don't have any fun superheros no more
They literally still have the Power Rangers TV show. This movie isn't being targeted at kids, it's nostalgia garbage. If they were trying to appeal to small children, they would not be using characters that were popular decades before they were born you fucking rube.

>they copied muh only successful film

Bill Hader is the voice.

If there's no Bulk and Skull, it'll be complete shit

>Max Landis is unhappy

So?

Looks pretty unremarkable.

is Misfits a good TV show?

It is. Especially if you like dark humor.

what's his endgame?

>it's another grimdark and overlong origin story about characters we already know

I miss the "good" old days of having a new character be the audience surrogate instead of a movie-long introduction of the origin and only having the costumes and shit in the last act, or even the last fucking scene.

Or they could do a The Incredible Hulk and have the origin in the credits. Or a The Shadow and have a small origin followed by a time gap.

LESBIANS!!!

who the fuck is max landis and why do i care?

No, you're watching a bunch of teens fuck around for two seasons, then the main actors start leaving the show and it becomes full on teen drama nobody gives a fuck about

But it has some neat parts and good comedy, and if you like shit like Skins then you'd love this

>ywn see Pauly Shore as Skull and John Candy as Bulk

>That poster any other year in the past
>Red Ranger would be in the black guy's spot next to the QT Pink Ranger
>2016 so the nigger has to get the white wimmin and be the most prominent in the picture

The sooner the left fall, the better.

But you will see Johna Hill as Bulk and Michael Cera as Skull.

Bulk: Gary Busey
Skull: Jake Busey

Didn't Landis pen this movie?

Their daughter Skulk: Busy Phillips

Red and Pink hook up you easily triggered tool.

No.

>when it should have been campy and fun

There are hundreds of Power Rangers episodes just like that. They're obviously giving us a different interpretation of the characters ala Batman v Superman. If you're one of the people that hated that movie then just stick to your "campy" and "fun" Power Rangers episodes, you won't find that here.

No, it was made by Dermot Mulroney's little brother (who did Career Opportunities with JCon), his wife who wrote that iron man Shadow Sherlock flick, that other guy who wrote Real Steel (because muh fighting robots), and Matt Sazama and Burk Sharpless who did Drac Untold and Gods of Egypt Ù(they also did the pretty decent The Last Witch Hunter, but most of the good stuff from that movie came from inputs from Vin Diesel.)

This isn't going to be half BvS Dark.

YOU WILL NEVER SAY ANYTHING GOOD ABOUT VIN DIESEL AGAIN AM I UNDERSTOOD?

the energy should be an appropriate colour that contrasts with the suits colours. Instead the blue only looks good with a couple of suits and ruins the rest of them.

Not saying it's going to be dark just that it's not going to be what people are used to. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

And you'd be right.
Why would they have different colours of energy drawn from the same source? Besides, black/purple looks awesome.

>Hundreds
I'd be shocked if it wasn't 1000

Fuck you bro vin diesel is a cool fucking guy.

shut up we cant let anyone know this are you crazy? do you WANT to kill kanye wests career?

it's like they tried to make it look as CW as possible

Have you lived your entire life under a rock or are you actually a shill trying to draw attention from a fact that everyone here already knows?

He's a big guy.

He's right though.

It's not perfect, it's from some shitty youtube channel, but it goes in the ´right direction.
A little more texture/padding to the suit and the metal parts should look less like plastic and it would be great.

That's a custom suit owned by Jason David Frank. It cost several hundred to make.

What are the betting odds on them shouting out their Dinosaur names?

Probably not good.

Fuck yeah Steve Lichman

I'd like you to find a single woman with that figure.

>Those fucking calves

Your point being?
It is still a workable starting point for movie adaption/reboot suits.

>GUYS REMEMBER THAT MOVIE I WROTE

>Max "My daddy is the killer that made Thriller" Landis
Who gives a shit stop making threads about yourself you cunt.

did they explain why its now ok to see their faces as power rangers?

I liked his Superman Comic he made earlier this year. It wasn't perfect but it had some good moments.

I hope these faggots have visors.

lol at all the salt in this thread.

Landis is an annoying blowhard.

Landis is also 100% right in regards to this movie.

That a suit costing close to $1000 for one, when they need about six of each colour is insane.

>pro-wrestling enthusiast

Why arent we talking about the very obvious diss setting up Landis' opinion as non serious and irrelevant from the jump?

>He fucking killed the probation worker!

fuck you I liked it, I own it too. Michael B Jordan and the autismo made for really interesting dynamics on screen and it was interesting to see the character form into heroes or villains based on home life or social caste

Max Landis is just cranky because he wouldn't play ball. They wanted Chronicle, hired the writer of Chronicle, then he wrote something terrible (as he has done with every project since Chronicle) and they fired him in favor of someone who would actually write something along the lines of Chronicle.

30,000$
Movie Budget is 120,000,000$.
Do you think the actual movie design was/is cheaper, I'd doubt that.

they will include this song, r-right?
youtube.com/watch?v=sXN5CQ_ZED0

30,000 of the costume budget on six people.
Never happens.

Also, Chronicle wasn't even that good. 6/10 movie at best. I have no idea how people ride that movie's dick. It was just 'okay', really.

the MMPR characters are fucking cardboard cutouts, the movie just needs to do something, anything with them and they'll be fine

Cardboard has more depth. MMPR characters in the early seasons were props.

Not saying that you're wrong but that doesn't seem too high. Any data available from other costume-heavy stuff like Avengers?

Christ, why'd you remind me of that? I stopped watching after 20 minutes and that says a lot considering I sat through The Garbage Pail Kids in its entirety.

>MMPR characters in the early seasons were props.
This. They even replaced half of the Rangers in Season 2 and nobody complained.

You could google: How much does Captain America's costume cost to make

Because most sites put it at a minimum of $1k

I know they are in high school, but it felt like it took place in middle school

>upbeat pop song
that was Walk the Line by Johnny fucking Cash what the fuck are you talking about