Are you waiting to see them in motion to pass judgment, or have you already decided if you like them or not?

Are you waiting to see them in motion to pass judgment, or have you already decided if you like them or not?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DmOzHNgSw6Q
youtube.com/watch?v=0zute03nWWI
youtu.be/Yi1fVUGMfHw
youtu.be/GQd3g247E3Y
youtube.com/watch?v=IuMkJaP-760
youtube.com/watch?v=sXN5CQ_ZED0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I like that the suit accentuates the breasts and has a vagina plate.

I like the suits and thought the trailer was pretty good, I'm more excited for the inevitable Green Ranger tease and sequel.

Jason's abs should be red (Every other ranger has color coded abs) and the chest plate should change color and move, which I expect it to. I also hope the purple lines change color and move around.
Overall: Eh. They're fine I guess. I bet the sequel suits look better

I hope the sequel is just called "Green with Evil"

Is the Green Ranger saga the only interesting thing in MMPR?

I expect the fight scenes to look shitty so fuck it. I'm not a toddler so I can't stomach Power Rangers anymore unless they really go all out on the choreography and editing not sucking.

>People will say this shit about Power Rangers but then turn around and say they like Godzilla and Pacific Rim
I know you might not necessarily like Pacific Rim but people try to pick and choose their garbage

How many people is Goldar gonna kill in the final battle

It's rumored that Perlman's doing the voice

Jesus Christ why is every good actor in this movie? I do wish they cast more known actors as the Rangers if they're going for celebrities in the cast.

Trini and Zack had absolutely no personality and any personality they give them in the movie will be an improvement.

>gritty remake of fucking power rangers
>80's high school tropes
>high school kids played by 30 year olds
You all know this can only end one way

Average cast age is 22, with the outlier being Zack at 28, without him it's 21. I agree they should be teenagers, 18 or 19, but they're acceptable ages.
Asians always look like young boys until they hit their sixties so it's fine, really.

>Gritty
Lol. It has Iron Man's tone at best.
I'd maybe want something closer to Harry Potter but I don't really have a problem. Super Sentai was darker than Power Rangers anyway.

>Zack had no personality
Hey fuck you buddy.

He was just a black guy, and not like a cool nineties black guy. They just made him the normal kinda friendly kinda cool black guy.

who the fuck designs these turds???

theres like 1000s of hungry concept artist that advertise themselves everywhere yet they pick the worst fucking designers on the planet.

Why didn't Rita just kill them one by one in their sleep
She knows who they are and she knows where they live. She never even tried this.
I know in the Comic Scorpina shows up in Tommy's bed, but that's the only time she ever tried it. It would have worked if Tommy didn't wake up.

I'm gonna fap to Trini for a year straight once the webms start popping up

>Not Asian
>No bangs
>0 cute
Why bother

No, I was a bit too old when the power rangers came out and it always looked stupid to me.

I'm expecting Rita to have Green Ranger's power...coin? Stone? I dunno, but anyway I imagine that's the Ranger she killed before and took his power, hence why she looks similar to the Rangers and has what looks like a Power Coin in her staff.

The ending of the movie will see them defeating Rita, then someone being given the Green Power Coin and a Zed tease.

Actually, so far I'm digging that it's got some tropes and doesn't seem to be going too far down the dark path. It seems like it has a good balance of maturity and cheese. I was worried they'd go too grimdark but they seem to be avoiding the easy route with it.

I'm cautiously optimistic so far.

It actually looks cool with nice location shooting and fun vfx. Characters seem likeable and the angle they're taking angel grove is interesting. Hopefully the CGI animation isn't super shit, probably will be tho.

>Zedd
No way, not until at least the third movie. Maybe fourth if they use Titanus

So now Power Rangers is getting remade by 343?

Pacific Rim didn't half ass the monster clobbering though. Power Rangers will probably be Marvel levels of shit. That's right, I have a nuanced opinion. Get mad.

Dude everyone knows Marvel editing is shit lol
And this is by Lionsgate. They take monster fights seriously.

they really only showed the characters and from what I've seen, I don't like it. it's just the typical trouble teens angle again. these characters are already starting at the bottom, instead of starting at the top and then being brought down, and getting back up and overcoming their difficulties to beat the bad guy.

I can only hope they get professional martial artists to wear the suits so we can have good fight scenes with very minimal cutting/editing because the actors don't know how to fight.

is it wrong that it DOES actually sort of bother me the black ranger isnt black and the yellow ranger isnt asian? I mean, it's racist as fuck, which is why they wouldnt dare, but it is so ridiculously dumb racist that it becomes cheesy.

Ohh great they'll probably have the stuntmen from "the raid" do all the fighting in the suits cause i doubt any one of them actors can do any martial arts.

>White male leader
>1 black man
>only 2 girls
What is this the 90's?

No. I've decided I already like the. They look cool except the pink ranger. Her helmet is off because of those two extending lines making it look like 4 eyes

Yeah the suits really play up the sexual dimorphism. I wonder if hambeasts are going to throw a tantrum.

Pink ranger looks so fuckable. hrrrrrng.

That would be retarded. I've seen way too much power rangers than I would have liked, but in a lot of the series they fight out of costume and the actors always seem to have a passing familiarity with martial arts.

That trailer was fucking abysmal.

Literally looked like a Funny Or Die video.

Something in the 1-5 million dollar range for youtube red.

I still don't quite believe it's a 120 million dollar flick starring Bryan Cranston.

I couldn't even force myself to sit through a single episode of Power Rangers as a kid. It was embarrassing shit.

I really fucking hate the fact that they have super powers. But I haven't dropped it completely. I'll see how it goes first.

Well yeah, it's awful, but do you have any issues with the premise?

>thiccy G

I honestly 100% don't even know the premise of power rangers.

The picture in the OP just makes me wish we had a Voltron movie.

Please just watch this without Googling anything and tell me what you think the series is about.
youtube.com/watch?v=DmOzHNgSw6Q

I want to see them fighting in the suits and at least a little bit of the zords in action. Or in the very least Byran Cranston as Zordon. Otherwise it just looks like the type of movie that slaps a twitter hashtag front and center all of it's fucking trailers and tv spots.

Okay, I'll take a stab;

>Evil Witch Alien/Monster thing escapes some sort of prison planet

>Sends evil minions to fuck shit up

>Some super powered defense force thing recruits some Teenagers With Attitude to fight them

>Get special powers to turn into robots? Hence the Morphing? Or they just drive robots.

>Robot can turn in to a Voltron when needs be to fight big robots

Bitch is on the moon son.

You're exactly right, they drive the robots though, but I'll give you that since it was your alternate guess, and they rarely fight giant robots, usually it's giant monsters.

Where that was the whole season where they fought Robots.

They're safe choices. I'm sure they have some badass concept art laying around the offices.

>rita directly interacting with the rangers

This had better be like a one of type thing, like right after they get the powers she tries to intimidate them into fucking off.

The only reason why Rita never interacted with the Rangers was because took the footage from an existing Japanese show.

How is this movie going to translate onto TV?

Idk guys, this seems really like jem and the holograms reboot.

I was surprised to laugh at the trailer when they're jumping the gorge.

>Translate onto TV
What
>Like Jem and the Holograms reboot
Not even close

Pretty much.

Funny enough, a long while ago when I was thinking about how I would do a Rangers movie, I had Goldar killing the Red Ranger towards the end. Red's brother, who had been following the Rangers around and reporting on them like a Peter Parker sees this, then ends up becoming the new Red and murders Goldar in 1v1 combat at the big boss battle.

Also a Purple and...I forget what other color Ranger are killed off at the start during the initial invasion because they're too retarded and shit their pants, leaving the team at 5.

Yellow also dies to be replaced by a hot alien bitch at the end when it's revealed that Rangers are on a galactic scale, not just an earth thing.

I did a lot of coke and fapped a lot.

>no remastered MMPR theme song
>no cutaways and announcing their names

Dropped

two things i dislike about this movie

>they made the black ranger asian and the blue black

they made angel grove high some shitty delinquent school

I've decided but I'm not telling yoouuuuu heheheh..............

But the teaser literally had one of those...?

More like Power Cringers

>has a vagina plate.
Wait.
really?

already decided to not like it.

i dont like that yellow isn't Asian, and black isnt black. the redesigns look bad. the tone is too serious.

don't get me wrong, ill see it, but im expecting it to be a turd.

Im kinda with you.
I hate the power coins, feel both the coins and the suits look like deviant art tier designs, not really getting any personality out of any of the rangers, and the outside suit powers concept is double retarded.

I dont mind a grimdark power rangers as that producer who dressed like the crow showed if done right, it could be pretty good, but this doesnt scream grimdark or even serious. It screams "I learned how to direct from watching twilight"

It will make a billion. Here's why:

It isn't political like DC and Marvel movies. It's a third party IP that both sides can enjoy. It's fresher than MCU, DCEU, Star Wars, and Transformers. Finally, a new entry into big summer blockbuster action sci fi franchises.

It's not going to suffer like Pacific Rim because it's an established IP.

I've been binge watching MMPR and honestly, opinions like this seem to be Linkara tier autism.

I want to see the suits in motion and I would prefer not to see zords in any trailer.

I honestly have to question how recently folks who moan "it's not the saaaaaaame" last saw MMPR. I say this as a fan. MMPR was objectively bad. Sure, you can enjoy it, but it's Plan Nine bad.

No hyperbole, the characters seem to have more depth and nuance in this trailer than they ever did in Three Fucking Seasons of MMPR. And they seem pretty stereotypical in the trailer.

Having powers outside suits has been a thing since at least In Space.

this feels like the GI Joe movies, itll make money, just....fuck it looks really shitty doesnt it?

What might harm it is people remembering how bad the show was.

I'll watch it. It might be bad, but I'm sure I'll enjoy it on some level.

Wouldn't say I hate them, but I'm not big on the metal look to the suits. Looks a little too far from traditional Ranger gear. Its okay though, I understand why they'd style them this way.

Power rangers RPM movie when?

I'm excited, but at the same time, muh classic rangers fan inside me doesn't like the following things:
>Zack won't do hip hop stuff
>Billy will be the quippy black hipster instead of the quiet nerd who speaks in nerd language
>Jason and Kim will be a thing
>No Bulk and Skull

It looks like Power Rangers got the DC edge treatment. No thank you.

But on the upside, Trini may actually be a character instead of a Billy translator.
Kim/Jason will be an easy setup for future Tommy.
That ginger kid could easily be a Bulk/Skull equivalent.

You seem tone deaf if you watched this and got R rated vibes.

I really don't care how it's gonna turn out
I just wanna see a pacific rim-tier zords battle in the middle of Angel Grove
Even better if it gets sequel, we'll probably get to see Lord Zed. How much more gritty can you get with this guy who has brains/all his muscles exposed. Even back then he reminds me of another Hellraiser cenobite.

>How much more gritty can you get

>Single "d"
It's Zedd you Rito tier motherfucker.
And we won't get Zedd before we get Tommy.

I didn't watch it, to be fair.

Then maybe watch the trailer to be better informed.

Reminder that they fugged

the helmets are of

I like the suits anyway. Much better than the shitty spandex

So you've never seen anything besides the first series is what you're saying.

Next year's F4NTASTIC.

That's pretty standard for Power Rangers.

Won't be better than this
youtube.com/watch?v=0zute03nWWI

>armour for martial artists

Well what else did they have to do in the Lunar Mobile Home?

Martial artists battling magical space aliens that can punch through walls. Armour sounds wise.

How did they get away with it with the others in there with them?
Did the make em wait outside?

Finster was almost blind anyway, Rito and Goldar were stuck on Earth with amnesia, whilst Squat and Baboo had just disappeared by the time we see the lunar van.
Maybe S+B did walk in on Rita making Zedd's monster grow and ran off as a result?

Are you retarded?

Was it rape?
youtu.be/Yi1fVUGMfHw

I hate the suits, but it's a trend. They look more like robots than people in suits.

Shit, if something is magical like that while make it like a full armor

Nah, even after the love potion was cured, Zedd still adored Rita. I doubt it'd be rape. Probably very angry make up sex. Can't believe I'm considering this...

Reminder that Rita got hot at the end of Space when they got purified and Zedd became a yuppie in golf attire.

>Rita got hot at the end of space
That implies she wasn't already hot

Because the suits were always tech, not magic.

The coins were magical artefacts, Zordon used the power morphers to harness the coins.

I'm really not sure how Thraxx fits into continuity, but he MUST be pre Z-Wave...

This.

I really don't know who thought this was a good idea.

How would a Ranger react to seeing this?
youtu.be/GQd3g247E3Y

Jews.

Literally this time.

Lord Zedd is jewish
How does this make you feel?

Implying I didn't know that.

I guess his circumsision went too far =/

That's a brown ranger on the left?

I don't even know what color is that supposed to be. I can tell if they tried to make it black, they failed.

Alien tech though, so it doesn't matter. Could be super powerful fabric or whatever. Point is, they always can do whatever the hell they want but choose to transform them in robocops.

The point is that in an era of Iron Man, Rubberized superman and power armour Batman, no one is going to be ok with spandex representing Eltaran Magitech.

No, it hasnt.
Some had some special abilities outside the suits, but that was from their own shit. The ranger suits/coins never once gave them powers like they showed in the trailer.

The trailer basically showed them "heres all your ranger powers, the suits just kinda there"

Remember the Dink Gems?

By never once you mean except Dino Fury, Ninjetti Era, Jungle Fury, SPD, RPM etc.?

*Dino

Also Andros, the green haired kid in Time Force, Prince Dex. The list goes on.

Is this new movie based on those ones?

So do rubberized power rangers. There's no reason they can't look like this.

But will they have their weapons?

The point is ranger series already did it, even in MMPR, ie, Ninjetti era.
So you're maybe a decade or two late to whine.

Is this movie based on season 3 of MMPR? It sure doesn't seem that way since it's the origin story movie.

I can't deny the custom green ranger JDF spent hundreds if not thousands of dollars on looks good. But I also like the new adaptation of alien power armour.

They'd better. Not giving them unique weapons would just be another step away from actually being power rangers.

Literally irelevant. It's such a minor change that's already supported by the lore, I can't see how this can legit upset you.

I wouldn't have a problem with what they ended up with it it looked good. The design is simply garbage, particularly in the helmets.

Why does this film turn people autistic...?

> No actual Martial Artists as actors.
> Not teenagers.
> No attitude.
> Little to no Zords
> Zords being CGI.
> Not campy.

Nah.

That looks cheesy as fuck user.

>the rangers having superpowers even without their suits is a really minor change

We simply want the movie to be
Morphenominal

>wanting a power rangers movie to be a power rangers movie is autism

Why does this film turn people autistic?

>"Alpha, bring us 5 overbearing and emotional humans"
At least the movie will get this part right

The leaked photos of it being used in reality look pretty good. I just want to see it in motion.
Yes, and it happened first nearly 20 years ago.

>Wanting '93 reshot scene for scene in 2016 isn't autism.
You probably still want reused zyuranger footage.

No they didn't and again

>the rangers having superpowers even without their suits is a really minor change

Most Seasons
All Seasons.
MMPR rangers had ZERO attitude, these do.
It's a teaser.
That's a good thing.

Nice strawman. Your ass must hurt a lot after pulling that out of it.

Feel free to post the smugest reaction you have. It won't change that this minor change has been part of ranger canon for most of the show's run in various forms.

>none of the power ranger actors were actually teenagers

Think again.

see

That seems to be the only concession you guys give. Everything must be identical or it triggers you.
Yeah, ok, there was Kid Blue in Turbo.

see

>I don't care what the suits look like so you're the retarded one for not liking it

And 3 of the original 6 rangers were under 20 when the show started.

This didnt become a thing until the disney era. Again, they had powers outside their suits, but thats shit they brought to the table before they became rangers. The suits never gave them the ranger powers outside of the suits.

What are you linking me to?

What's with the "why art thou cursed with powers?!" theme.

Nice millennial garbage. They can't even properly have power fantasies without shriveling up into anxious messes.

No, I'm actually lukewarm on the suits. But I'm also not a retard who thinks campy spandex will work for western audiences on a big screen.
18 or 19?
Ninjetti era was Disney...?
Wow, why was that kept so quiet...?

fuckin lol

Because it's a metaphor for puberty and this is aimed a tweens.
Duh.

>campy spandex

seeA little bit of modification and that would be literally perfect for a movie in this day and age.

Also 19, but whether they were 18 or 19 is irrelevant. 19 is still a teenager. You didn't say high school age. You said teenager.

Yes, as I said, JDF paid a lot of money for his custom suits. And for Nostalgiafags they look pretty good.

But to a new audience, they would compare that suit to any other armoured hero and find it wanting.

Semantics. 18 is an adult, not a teen.

I wish I got superpowers when I hit puberty

That's the point.

>to new audiences it wouldn't look good

Who says new audiences are intelligent?

>18 isn't a teenager

EighTEEN
NineTEEN

Ninjetti was also different, and they didnt actually get powers from it, just ninja skills, which was basically an upgrade for their current martial arts. I honestly dont remember them super jumping or having ranger strength outside of the ninjaoutfit/ranger suit

Semantics. You would be hard pressed to find any country that considers 18 a minor.

And no, they may well like it. But it'd look LESS than others. People associate less with cheap and cheap with bad.

Then give that era a rewatch.

Ninjetti was also non canon. The first movie is officially an alternate universe deal. I can't remember season 3 very well but I know it wasn't exactly like it.

When did I say 18 was a minor?

EighTEEN
NineTEEN

We're talking about TEENagers, not minors.

>Magically becoming a Ninja is fine because nostalgia

>being a ninja is a superpower

The point is that in most countries 18 is an adult. You understood that what was being discussed was adults playing high school kids. You were technically corret however to say teen, but in context it was obviously an example of adults playing high school kids.

Being a ninja in fiction? Almost always yes, the shit they do is superhuman.

I get that, but the question here was "were any of those actors actually teenagers?" and if TEEN is in your age number that counts.

Like I said, you were right on a technicality but ignoring the context.

Not really. They do a lot of acrobatic flips and crazy kicks and shit.

I'm looking forward to it, looks interesting. Hopefully they go the way of tranformers and be serious but still have fun and not-to-cheesey moments. Anyone complaining about this power rangers movie is an over critical faggot

No amount of acrobatics lets you disappear except for clothes. As just one example.

This.

I don't remember that happening in the show.

>People who want movies to at least be decent is an over critical faggot

wew

It did.
But this looks decent. Especially given the source material.

Theyyyyve got

a power and a force that you've never seen before!

>this looks decent

Theyyyyyve got
The ability to morph and even up the score!

Yes, decent. As in good enough. As in unterrible but unspectacular. Good but not great.

youtube.com/watch?v=IuMkJaP-760

In case you guys didn't know Ron Wasserman redid a bunch of the MMPR music a few years ago.

Nooooooo onnnne can ever take them down!

The trailer was decent, and bear in mind it's only a teaser. At this point I'm just happy it looks to a high budget standard.

They hired fucking Bill Hicks as Alpha, it'll have its lighthearted moments

The power lies on their si-i-I-iiiiiiide!

The trailer was garbage, but yes it is just a teaser.

Ron needs to be on the soundtrack.

Shame about the second verse about using weapons for defence. That song needs to be in the movie.

>They won't say it's morphin time! in the movie
How does this make you feel?

He won't be. Lionsgate is going to fuck that up. I have no hope for the score.

I'd bet money they do. Screenshot this. You watch.

That some naysayer is saying nay.

Well, I at least hope for a cover.

That's why based Adam replaced him

>Bill Hicks
Are you sure about that?

Zack black danced.
Trini translated Billy and did Kung Fu.

What do you mean they were paper thin non characters? That's like a sentence each.

It looks like one of the most stupid things ive ever seen.

It's not even as stupid as its source material.

MASTODON

Are they gonna joke about how the Black ranger is actually black?

But yeah the most interesting thing in the trailer is the Chronicle-like scenes of them discovering powers, no wonder Max Landis is mad.

PTERODACTYL

Most of the discovering powers stuff looks Tobey Maguire Spidey. Did max write that too?

wait nvm i'm an idiot, the black nerd is the blue ranger

Black dude is the blue ranger

The red ranger should have white energy colour, the yellow ranger black void energy colour, the black ranger should have yellow or golden energy colour, the blue ranger should have a type of green colour or turquoise and the pink ranger should have a lighter pink to contrast the suits pink colour.

admit it, it would make them look better.

>No morphin sequence
>No roll call
>No explosions or colored smoke behind them
Why live?

That sounds stupid on visual and thematic levels.

Not that we saw yet.

I already like it based on how it doesn't look like it's going to be a Marvel movie with quips

They are crazy overdesigned. I get that spandex isn't an option, but these could be heavily, heavily streamlined. The suits look bulky and uncomfortable even just to look at.

Try and find the leaked red ranger vs green screen dude photo. It's more streamlined in reality.

There are ten different colors and textures in the Red Rangers arm alone. Are those galaxies in their chests? It's exhausting to look at.

What's their endgame?

I like them. I have seen enough to know the kind of movie this is going to be. The shitty yet fun and watchable kind. To be honest that's all we can ask for in this cynical cash grab of a franchise revival, Mind you they're reviving power rangers, Not the greatest source material to work with in the first place.

You find looking at a still image physical effort.

The helmets are oddly shaped. Apart from that, the suits are neat.

Putty Patrol were confirmed too, probably these green screen dudes.

Could easily insert anything from a putty to Goldar.

I like that closeup on his midriff. He looks like he's made of strawberries.

Shit, new suits look a lot like Zedd

Don't forget kids, you are what you eat.

So what is the point of morphin' if they are already mighty even without the suits? Does it give them karate skills?

Is this Chronicle 2? it looks as awful, edgy and grimderp as the first part

The purple on that suit is fucking atrocious

I really think this will be every bit as bad as the Transformers and Ninja Turtles movies, so I'm absolutely not wasting $14 or two hours to see it.

Looks like it's going to be way too moody to have any Pacific Rim style campiness. Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers is serious business.

I can't believe you can't see this, but obviously using the coins without the suits is too much for them. That prompts them to go back to try and find a way to stop it.

It'll most likely be tuned in post. The first official reveal photo had that purple-looking section as pure red.

So, 7-8 films thanks to based China?

Sweet.

They showed everything people didn't want to see. People wanna go to a Power Rangers movie to see the suits, to see action, to see the Zords, all that shit. I mean, of course all of that is going to be in the movie, but by releasing a first trailer that shows *none* of that isn't doing them a favour of winning people over who may be sceptical about the movie/reboot.

The teaser trailer teased eh?

Why are you people making this thread every day?
This shit looks awful. Stop giving it free press.

The blue makes some of the suits look shit. It isn't a great colour to contrast all of the suits. White energy would contrast all of the suits colours and make them look a bit more like the original suits.

That's the thing, a teaser trailer for this type of approach isn't going to evoke the feeling of excitement. Of course it teased and I'm sure a full-length trailer will deliver. Just that a teaser trailer may not have the intended effect due to how concerned and cautious people and fans are about this take on such an iconic franchise.

>People all think how I do.
Genuine autism.

I guess the blue/purple lines of energy are part of the galaxy/nebula chest diamond motif, but I agree a white throughout might look neater, same goes for a white chest diamond.
Photoshop-user, anyone?

No. The majority of people have said this shit looks awful. Even fans of the show don't like it.

But what that guy suggested was a clusterfuck. White I could get behind actually.
Your opinions aren't facts pal.

anyone good with photoshop change the energy colour to white?

The majority are indifferent or unaware of it user. And most fans I interact with are cautiously optimistic adults.

Not mine but I found it on here after they released the image of the suits.

So you don't read any of the threads that get posted daily.

Are you implying Cred Forums is a majority of anything...?

I haven't seen a costume "update" like this since the Robocop remake, and we all know how that film turned out.

Yes. Cred Forums is a majority of Cred Forums.

But Robocop's flaws were nothing to do with the costume.

Well done precious.
Now do you want to tell me what Cred Forums hates?
Starts with "N" and isn't Niggers.

>Starts with "N" and isn't Niggers.

Nintendo?

That shoop actually looks good though.

No, it's a group of people. A large group of people.
N _ _ _ _ _ S

STOP

SHILLS

SAGE

Looks like niggers to me.

>Well actually Jack, I'm Jewish, but I suppose you could say Hanukkah came early
Why was this allowed?

>anyone who disagrees is a shill
I'm on Cred Forums?

One more try.
N O _ _ I E S

Because before SPD Power Rangers was notorious for being agressively right wing...?

Nah Cred Forums doesn't hate Noagies Pad restaurant.

Yeah I'm glad Disney managed to save the series from the clutches of that notorious anti-semite Haim Saban.

What the hell? I hate power rangers now

Except Saban bought it back ages ago.
Normies user, Normies.

They will see this in droves.

naggers?

Normies won't see this shit. Normies hate when hollywood remakes something kiddie into a dark/edgy movie.

Are you actually high?
Of course normies will see it.
You think they're marketing it solely on nostalgia?

Its just like tha japan versions filmed by jews in murica
Looks retarded

>You think they're marketing it solely on nostalgia?

That's exactly what they're doing.
That's what Saban has been doing since he got the franchise back.

You really are high.

For a start, the TV show and this film aren't the same.

Secondly, there are not nearly enough kids now adults nostalgic enough about this to warrant a multimillion dollar film.

Or do you still think Transformers always bust a bil on Nostalgic 80's kids....?

I was never big into Power Rangers, but this Dark Knight-ing of the kids show is fucking retarded

>I was never big into Power Rangers, but this Dark Knight-ing of the kids show is fucking retarded

More like Chronicle meets joh hughes movie

You know what else is retarded?
Hyperbole.

>He is really high

No, user, I am high.

I thought Alex Jones was too busy covering the election

>implying they won't force the green ranger thing in the last 5 minutes
>implying it won't be shit
>implying the zords won't actually be secret US army experimental weapons that were conveniently around
>implying it will have the classic theme song

fuck this shit, that power rangers movie from the 90s was rad as fuck

Rita is already using the green power coin.
Maybe.
False.
The teaser did already.

Go rewatch it.

So you're saying its just a coincidence that the film is recreating all the same characters as the original tv show.
They are obviously trying to market it to people who enjoyed the show as a kid.

No, you moron.

I'm saying the share from nostalgic fans will be vastly outsripped by normies. The primary market is the normie market. Just like Transformers.

Nostalgiabux are a BONUS.

You're the moron if you're writing off nostalgia. That's been Saban's entire plan for years.

Neighbors?

Numales?

Norm MacDonald?

>Writing off
Jesus H. Fuck you childminded twat.
What is your malfunction?
Why can't you grasp this except as a binary of ALL NOSTALGIA /VS/ NO NOSTALGIA ?

I literally just said nostalgia is a factor.
But it is not the PRIMARY factor.

6 notes isn't a whole song, you fucking apologist

But pretending those six notes weren't there is denial of reality.

I never said they weren't there, learn how to spot different posters, you incompetent piece of shit

Damn shill you mad.
Normies aren't going to see this shit.

if they don't include this song, I'll shoot the cinema:
youtube.com/watch?v=sXN5CQ_ZED0

No one in the US knows who Endoh Masaki is.
It will not be in the movie.

I'm sorry a teaser only teased...?
That's simply untrue.
Just look at the teaser.
You really see it as pandering to fans exclusively...?
Or is it an obvious attempt to broad as possible appeal...?
Like say, Transformers.
Which normies also boycott, hm?

>People watching power rangers after elementary school.
Honestly the most embarrassing shit on this board.

Why an Engrish cover when Ron is still kicking?

What's 5-4-1?

he won't be
what part of "they will fuck up everything" you don't get?

Five people acting as one.

Normies aren't going to see a movie named Power Rangers.
Regardless of trailers or what is in the actual movie.

It's not like any of us are pretending it's good lol
People on here unironically enjoy The Dark Knight Rises. That's embarrassing.

Normies go to marvel films en masse...or do you honestly see those returns and blame it on comic fans. Also, Transformers.

You don't live in reality son.

Do you think we'll see Cranston in the red ranger uniform in a flashback?

>Is the Green Ranger saga the only interesting thing in MMPR?

For S1 yeah

S3 has some really good bits also like Kim's departure and Master Vile's arrival

They released a pic of the Red Ranger's sword

this shit looks like a young adult fiction movie
except this time its putting on the skin on a 90s intellectual property
its going to be fucking terrible

I really don't like the pink ranger's look.

>its going to be fucking terrible
just like every bayformers movie, the TMNT shit and basically, every single fucking remake retards think is a good idea to make

Do share.

Most of which, still turn a profit.

Capeshit has become ridiculously main stream.
Power Rangers has never evolved beyond kiddie shit in the eye of the normie.

Quick question, does anyone else like how aggressively they're plastering "Go Go" on their posters?

that looks terrible

You could have said the same about capeshit pre Dark Knight or Iron Man.
Or transformers still.
This will ride the same bandwagon.

I really can't fathom your thought process.
You can't possibly read these threads and think its pandering to fans.
Anyone who saw that teaser could see it's trying to appeal to capeshitters and tweens.
The marketing hasn't even hit full swing, yet you are utterly convinced the film won't appeal to anyone.

Are you demented?

Using Go Go as the tagline does suggest we may yet see the theme.

The sword is odd, but I do like it.

>team STILL led by the Captain Whitebread standin SWM

It's garbage. There's no reason Red couldn't have been a PoC.

SPD did that already.

I guess it will depend on the full theatrical trailer sometime in the next few months.
Teaser shows the "grounding" so the next will have to show what campy stuff it is keeping.

I like the sword too, it seems like it's collapsible and will likely come from Zordon's ship.

I do like how the fresh slate allows some cohesion in the designs. So far it all looks like it belongs to the same reality of alien magitech.

>yet you are utterly convinced the film won't appeal to anyone

No, I've said it'll appeal to nostalgia driven manchildren.

Agreed.
Wonder how Zordon will look now that they don't have to make him look like Lex Luthor gained 500 pounds

But that's a tiny tiny tiny minority.

Studios don't spend millions to appeal to tiny tiny tiny minorities.

Nostalgia alone won't come close to cutting it. Which is why Transformers isn't G1 rehashed, Marvel isn't just the same comics verbatim etc.

Why can't you understand this?

Normies outnumber power rangers fanboys.
This is marketed to normies.

See that screen behind them during the morphin scene? I imagine projected via that to look a little like the machine "god" in Matrix 3. Or just green holgram Cranston.

I'm just hoping it has rock music in while performing cheesy fight scenes.

So, a normal human being?

Thanks for clearing that up, champ.

Looks like it has a textured, bumpy, surface.
Perhaps something like Man of Steel's nanite holograms

>Studios don't spend millions to appeal to tiny tiny tiny minorities

Ghostbusters 2016.

That would be a nice touch. I also like the idea floating around that Zordon was one of the team Rita killed.
Was supposed to be mass appeal but missed the mark. And no, a studio doesn't try to launch a movie franchise off the back of tiny tiny tiny minorities either. That's retarded.

Zordon being the original Red Ranger is a pretty nice idea.
Plus it gives Jason's apparent arc about responsibility and redemption more of a focus, since Zordon is now an example of that ideal.

>Was supposed to be mass appeal

Oh fucking please. Now you're just trolling.

Ghost Corps.
Sony spent millions just making a department for a future franchise.
Franchises cost money.
To make money it needed mass appeal.
No, you drooling retard, I am not trolling.

I would be very much onboard with that idea. It also makes the whole millenia old conflict more personal.

It's ultimately very likely, vis a vie the entire Green Ranger Rita stuff people have been theorizing for the past few months.

Overall, I'm cautiously looking forward to this movie.
At best I expect something mediocre, but teen super flicks is like a low grade comfy if done right.

BIG MIND FUCK, HE ONLY HAS THREE FINGERS AS HE WAS BORN THAT WAY AND NOW YOU WILL ALWAYS NOTICE!