Now that the dust has settled, what did you think of his performance?

Now that the dust has settled, what did you think of his performance?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BUEUEYAgU0U
youtube.com/watch?v=3CvREXabdME
youtube.com/watch?v=Oe2gX2jFbY4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Honestly, I reserve my judgement until I see more of him.
He barely got any screentime. Most of his scenes were cut, your OP image included.

A... "Meh!"

not as good as nicholson

better than ledger's

He wasn't just performing, he WAS the Joker.

Say what you will about Jared Leto's Joker, but can we all agree that he got the laugh and characteristics down 100% during the helicopter shooting scene?

He was full on reminiscent of cartoon comic Joker right here at 0:17 seconds into the vid:
youtube.com/watch?v=BUEUEYAgU0U

I thought it was fucking terrible but actually fit with how over the top the rest of the movie should have been, I was at least entertained when he was on screen

Wasn't terrible, I think it was the script and the plot in general that was shit.

HONKA HONKA

Think of how bad they must be compared to what got left in.

I loved how in his own world Leto was throughout each scene. Being very unique and just so intriguing to look at with the way he moved and acted

yea, I really digged that scene too
I just wish he wasnt a ghetto thug

I liked his make up and clothing in the club scene. Was very captivating

What they showed was pretty bland, although I think they're shifting focus away from his character so that may be a good thing.

Overall I thought it was pretty unmemorable.

What little I've seen so far, I like. It feels way more like his comic book character - larger than life and chaotic.

Leto & Margot were so good together on screen dammit!

As should be, honestly. Lex is a way more interesting character than the Joker to me. Always has been. Self-serving, pragmatic evil is always more interesting than chaos for chaos' sake.

>Lex is a way more interesting character than the Joker to me.
The hell user... Leto's Joker is miles more entertaining than Jesse's Lex (if that is what the argument was)

gr8 b8 m8

Leto and Ledger's Joker are technically not even the same character with the way they played the Joker so it is impossible to compare them together

What a shit pile of a movie. DC movies legit make me angry because of how awful they are

rollin for tonya

>it is impossible to compare them together

Not true at all. It's fairly easy to compare actor's all around performances. Ledger's acting as the joker felt natural, like a realistic character. Leto's joker was overacted, dramatized shit.

Compare that silly helicopter scene and laugh to this and tell which is a better performance

youtube.com/watch?v=3CvREXabdME

HONKA HONKA

Thought he was great. Really disappointed the movie was cut to shit, even though it did an interesting twist on their usual mad love.

God damnit I love watching him in this movie. The rest of the movie is okay and Bale's performance is awful as Batman (from what I understand that's Nolan's fault, though -- I wish they'd gone the modulator route BvS did) but this movie brings me back over and over for Ledger's Joker.

I don't really consider him the Joker but he's an amazing, charismatic and terrifying villain.

I haven't seen SS yet. I watched BvS and absolutely fucking hated it. How much worse is SS?

Entertaining, yes, but unlike the Joker, Lex is just way more fun to hate.

So much swag

>How much worse is SS?

much much worse, also enjoy the shit ton of awful pop songs they play literally every 5 minutes of the movie

It makes BvS look like a candidate for best picture

Opinions vary. I like BvS better than SS, but I enjoyed them both. As far as largely mindless, goofy fun goes, that's what SS brings to the table, along with a side order of world-building.

Jesus. I really wish the solo Batman film were going to be a prequel that would fill in his development before BvS. We could get more Joker (to really get a feel for Leto) and get more justification for his wanton murder and instability in BvS.

As it is, he looks like an insane twat in the film.

To each their own. I just watch it for the first time yesterday (Ultimate Edition) and was actually taken aback by how bad it was. I didn't think it was going to be high cinema or anything but I at least thought it would be a decent popcorn flick.

Strangely, one of the worst elements for me was the awful soundtrack. Like, it was remarkably bad and kept bringing me out of the movie rather than just being background fluff like in most Marvel films.

yea i dunno. i'm going out and buying a roll of lottery tickets now.

goin in i thought i wouldnt like him cuz of the tats and ghetto vibe but i enjoyed his performance. he was pretty damn intimidating.
loved this scene despite its editing flaws. him just sitting, there staring at quinn, lost in thought.
so what the fuck happened to him? they just completely forgot about that guy.

Drew Russell > Jared Leto > Heath Ledger > Jack Nicholson > Cesar Romero

I don't like his laugh, there's not enough footage to judge him besides that.

roll

>and Bale's performance is awful as Batman
I agree sadly.

Ledger was a fucking 10/10 in TDK. He was the one who made the movie so memorable but Bale sadly didn't do a good job (Nothing against Bale because he was amazing in Batman Begins. I blame the script because he had no memorable lines, didn't do anything spectacular compared to Ledger who lit up the screen every time he showed up).

>How much worse is SS?
Wait for the Extended Cut to fully judge it. The theatrical cut is so terrible believe me the way how they cut out such an important Joker/Harley scene. No point in me explaining just wait and watch the extended and ignore the theatrical.

>52-54
>incest

Incest is illegal?

Put David Bowie before Nicholson.

>so what the fuck happened to him? they just completely forgot about that guy.
He allowed the Joker to be able to free Harley by giving him codes or equipment for her necklace bomb (idk I forgot but it was something along the lines like that).

I suppose he let him go after and freed his wife (but who knows). I hear there is an extended scene of this so hope it appears on the blu ray

Nicholson just played himself in paint.

Leto's Joker was finally a breathe of fresh air after those other terrible Jokers.

Marilyn Manson x Ninja Visser

A character created to appeal to the youth, rather than for the sake of the cinematic universe's integrity.

Shit.

Harley saying "Yes" twice to the Joker's questions should have been re-worded to make it more interesting otherwise this scene was brilliant.

I actually liked the edit where Harley is looking down at the stairs and then it cuts to her looking down at the chemical pools.

Derp

He bombed horribly, so bad they had to cut out most of his scenes.

Yeah her looking down is a nice edit but it won't fit when she looks down and then there's the Motorcycle scene that leads up to the Ace Chemicals scene.

I don't like when Joker makes her repeat an oath yet he keeps babbling on so she doesn't even repeat what he said.

And yeah she had to keep saying yes to him but he won't stop going.
I do like the I Need A Gangsta song for that scene.
I just don't get how Joker swims to the bottom of the chemical waste to get her and he's floating at the top of it when he holds her like he's floating in the water despite all their clothing that would be holding them down.
It's still my fav scene in the movie though.

>please bargain with me
Fuck you, he was laughable.
I love how retards who try to assess a performance fumble with words and don't even know what to type.

>Nicholson just played himself in paint.
Yeah I never really good the reason why people find him amazing as the Joker because true he was literally himself whereas Leto was an entirely different actor

What VHS movie is this image from?

Oaths are but words, and words are but wind.

This scene becomes so much better if you watch Suicide Squad right after The Killing Joke.
youtube.com/watch?v=Oe2gX2jFbY4

I never really got the reason why mouthbreathers feel the need to defend Leto when he did a poor job of it. It's like they need to justify every mistake about these misconstrued, cookie cutter, assembly line superhero fiascos. I want to understand the process of becoming a delusional capeshit fanboy.
Surely they must get something out of it.
The Killing Joke was probably the worst adaptation of a DC comics story right after suicide squad.

>This scene becomes so much better if
But it doesn't, scenes don't work that way. Stop making up excuses for something you had no hand in.

>mfw a guy in my cinema went to the bathroom before this scene began and returned just as Joker kissed Harley in the chemicals
>mfw he paid full price to watch this and missed the best scene in the movie
FUG

You're supposed to be watching the movie, not what the other retards who paid for this stoolie are doing.

>The Killing Joke was probably the worst adaptation of a DC comics story right after suicide squad.
The Killing Joke is patrician tier

>You're supposed to be watching the movie
I was seeing it a second time then so it wasn't like I was missing anything.

It was so fun and entertaining that I had to see it again.

The Joker club scene is one of the best moments of 2016 cinema

Rolllllllin

Literally the best scene.
What a fucking loser.
I held in my piss the entire movie.
Then I sat through the fucking credits literally gripping my dick hole together to not piss myself in hopes for a bonus post credits scene.
Then of course we get a bonus Batfleck scene with Waller, which was worth it.
Then I ran to the restrooms and pissed a golden waterfall for a few minutes.

Jkk

Idk guys when is a man of color going to get the chance to play The Joker :^)

I liked Leto's performance a lot and want to see more. It's a different modern take and The Joker and I can respect that Leto tried something different instead of completely emulating Ledger Joker.

Also it's my own headcanon that this Joker is Alien from Spring Breakers

underrated comment

HOLY SHIT

SPRANG BREAK

help

I like Leto Joker.
Why everyone memes HONKA HONKA as bad acting from Leto and think he's trying to cuck himself, I do not know.
First of all he's calling him a Hunk (Hunka Hunka) and he's fucking with him cuz that's what the Joker does.
>you got a bad bitch
Joker is literally going through a mindset of
>he just disrespected me and Harley, he's gonna get what comes to him, not without fucking with him first
Joker throws it in the guys face that she turns Joker and is his main vagina and offers her to him as a joke.
Then Joker shoots him cuz he was in his turf disrespecting both Joker and Harley.
Only plebs and retards can't fathom this scene.
It shows what kind of person this Joker is and I think Leto pulled it off.

I really love Leto's Joker but I am praying that they surprise us with doing a 2 Joker story thing and Willem Dafoe plays the second Joker, even though I know he has already been cast to be some character alongside Aquaman but I am hoping that was just a lie to keep him being the Joker a secret

Not only this but I liked how Leto's Joker brought Harley over, basically giving the guy a few seconds to feel a women one last time before Joker blows his brains out.

Let's get a Joker movie sequel after Harley dumps Joker (which is apparently going to happen in her Harley spin off movie) and then Joker goes on a sex rampage

Roll

I take part in memeing HONKA HONKA but just because it's a funny quote.

You don't understand how fucking down I would be for this, senpai.

so is the hdrip out right now the extended version? i like how joker trying to get harley to fuck common in the club scene. all i could think was how is Cred Forums reacted when they saw this

Hearing Leto say that was a fun cinema moment

no it's the theatrical version.

I agree, man.

>Jared Leto met with psychiatrists, psychopaths, and murderers to prepare for The Joker in ‘Suicide Squad’
>"There are a lot of things. It’s probably better to not get into it but to the Joker, violence is a symphony. This is someone who gets an extreme reward from the act of violence and manipulation. Those are the songs he sings and he is very in tune with what makes people tick. I did meet with people that were experts, doctors, psychiatrists that dealt with psychopaths and people who had committed horrendous crimes, and then I spent some time with those people themselves, people who have been institutionalized for great periods of time. I guess when you take on a role, any role, you become part detective, part writer, and for me that’s my favorite time of the entire process, the discovering, the uncovering, and the building of a character. Yeah, it’s really fun."
You have absolutely no idea how far Leto would go if he were to star in an R Rated Joker movie

Being with a normie audience and thinking to myself what they must be thinking about Leto
>"Wow what's he doing? This is so over the top insane acting wise"
It made the cinematic experience very cool

i think he was good and scary and I liked it when he saids "honka honka" ha ha.

>how do you do fellow twelve year olds

I work at a movie theater, and I spoke to plenty of normie customers and a lot of people agreed that Leto Joker was great. I had a 10 minute conversation with a random ghetto black dude about how great Leto Joker was, the DCEU, and how excited he was for Wonder Woman and Justice League. It was a bit eye opening.

>THIS user IS SOOO INTENSE

Black Negros love them some superheroes.
I only ever known them to like Spiderman though.

rollin

They had Hamill, Conroy and great source material and they managed to fuck it up.

That adaptation is fucking terrible.

Fuck you

roll

Kill yourself.

It's my time.

Not enough screen time, but the time he had wasnt bad. It's like the fucking producers cut all the joker/harley scenes to save it all for the standalone movie.

Good argument fatty, that pointless first 30 mins was top notch entertainment

I still haven't seen it.

>The first image that popped into my head in this scene

Hello Resident homosexual! Rape any boys lately?

he wasnt even aiming. what a retard

rolling

Good reason you should either watch it or kill yourself.

KEK

>mfw Joker tries to get Harley to bang the black guy

Man, I really want to like this movie, but as much as I try to rationalize in my head why it has any redeeming factors.....its just not a good movie at all.

He is the very definition of overacting.

It was pathetic.

Roll

>overacting is bad

Pleb detected.
Acting is acting.
Kill yourself.

You are pathetic

roll

>Now that the dust has settled

Rolls Royce

That scene where he was on top of that guy was great.

Every other scene where he was with Harley was shit.

its time

fuck off shill

Let's roll

Jalifu plz

>the dust has settled
I wish.

I liked the little I saw, don't see the comparisons to Nolan's OC, can't wait for the extended cut.

>116 posts
>56 posters
Movie sucked get over it faggots

It was shit.
Ledger wasn't really any better.
But Leto was terrible.

Rolling for
>consuming alcoholic beverage/marijuana/the pot/weed

Even better
Where can i find more pictures of her???

Rollan

rollin

>I wish they'd gone the modulator route BvS did
Why do we even need a "Batman voice"?

"illegal twek" how tf is a twerk illegal-is it because shes white?

Roll

>Why does a world famous multibillionaire need to disguise his voice during his nightly illegal vigilante escapades...?
You got me.

ok roll

But the Batman Voice is a recent invention of the live action movies. He never had it before.

Plus people write off things like that all the time. People would just go "hey Bruce Wayne, you sound just like Batman, isn't that crazy?" and go on with their lives.

This. Gonna be the best

Erryday i'm rolling

Da fuq is The Prophet?

Baba mia!

roll

roll

OK. Let's dance!

roll

leto was good, better joker than ledger in my opinion, not to say ledger didnt give a good performance.

i mean, i think you just have really bad taste the soundtrack was goat

its pretty obvious you're a retard who doesnt know what you're talking about when you think ss was a bad adaptation

xd ok

rollin

all that implies is most people made at least two posts, but then you cant expect a namefag to be intelligent

the cringest cringe every
a mate said it perfectly he was a wigger with tattoos

the people bruce deals with arent the people that batman deals with so yer the voice isn't needed

It was nigh unwatchable, especially everything involving the enchantress.

>But the Batman Voice is a recent invention of the live action movies. He never had it before.
This is absolute bullshit, the bat voice was a thing in the comics for the longest time. When he got brok'd and jean paul took over, he had to learn how to do the voice.

and yet ledgers joker was way more terrifying in a m rated film

Wait was the joker in the suicide squad movie?

Rolling

>so terrifying that literal kids cosplay him and he's a normalfag favorite

you cant tell can you
you know what would have been better if joker was the main villain of suicide squad

kids also cosplay as jason, aliens and predators dose that make those guys any less terrifying

Extremely overhyped

Roland b4

nope,you said it was a bad adaptation when it wasn't, don't try and change the subject you faggot.

The fuck was wrong with enchantress as well, had problems sure but design wise and aesthetically speaking she was brilliant.

its a crappy movie deal with it

LOL

roll

He tried to be an edgier Ledger. The result was something an edgy 14 year old Korn fan would think of.

Everything about the exposition of the characters at the beginning was terrible, specially the stuff with her, her state-assigned romance and how awkwardly and instantly things escalated. The only salvageable thing out of this stoolie was Will Smith being gruff. Leto was chewing the scenery in the worst way possible, like he couldn't stay put and deliver those lines.
And it is an adaptation of a popular comic, I don't know what you're on about.

I don't think 14 year olds listen to Korn anymore, user. You're getting old.
That said, Leto was shit in this. No wonder why they deleted all of his scenes.

it was shit there a animated movie and a half a hour episode of justice league that was better than this baffling shit fest

Hr was: HEHEHEhohohohehehilarious

nob my tempo

:DDDDD

Roll for Alexandra

He acted like a wigger

fuck you man, you said it was a bad adaptation when it wasnt. Leto was great and Smith was shit till the last act.

You gotta be illiterate as well, i never said it wasn't an a adaptation only that you were wrong for saying it was a bad one when its the most accurate dc or marvel film bar watchmen.

Are you seriously trying to say AoA didnt have just as many problems as SS or are you one of those faggot who give it a pass because its animated.

Taste is subjective, but you're fucking retarded

suck my dick faggot

>when its the most accurate dc or marvel film bar watchmen.

>Leto was great
He was so bad he became one of the worst things about the movie even when he was 4 minutes in it tops. He was overacting like nobody's business and totally ruined the mood, his retarded makeup and wardrobe not helping matters one bit.

wow very mature
so do you turn 15 this year

rawlign

name one more accurate, superman 2 perhaps?
No such thing as overacting, only acting.
cant hear you with my dick in your mouth

>cant hear you with my dick in your mouth
you wish buddy, i think letos dick is in your mouth

less chatter more sucking faggot

you mean tembo

im waiting faggot

rollin and scratchin

>GOING FOR ELIZABETH
>GOING FOR ASHLEY
>GOING FOR WILDA

le epib roll

w-what the fuck

what's gonna happen to me?

roll

That's not nice.

Rollllllling

To me it was so focused on showing how crazy the character was than actually just being crazy. Not sure how much sense it makes, but his performance just seemed strange.

okay

this. didn't see enough.

roll

rolling

short lived but well done, should of been given just as much screen time as Will and Margot

rollin

Rolling

>31-32
>Kristin
>Tagged as Transgender
Neat

wew lad

rolling

what is this and how is it relevant to the Joker?

roll

SUCC

Rosario pls

repelsteeltje

tranny pls

stand back lads, its quints time

I think he was written terribly, but Leto had the potential to be a good Joker.

rolling for alien guy because It would be cool to hear his stories

Niggers

uncomfortable to watch, in a cringey way

roll

in the cartoons, movies and comics joker is always backstabbing harley to get what he wants. Normally hes always about fucking with the bat. His motivations have totally shifted. Why does he care so much Harley?

I just want someone to play videogames with.

>illegal twerk
TOP FUCKING KEK

ravioli raviolo give me a jailfuoni

Rollan

roll

roll

His acting is awkward as always, but he's got a good joker look going, i guess that's enough.

>he's got a good joker look going
No.