What documentaries do you wish Documentary Now would parody?

What documentaries do you wish Documentary Now would parody?

DIG! would be really cool. It would definitely utilize all the band/music stuff that I think Fred and Bill are good at.

Exit Through The Gift Shop. Take the piss out of Banksy's unwarranted self importance.

Any episode of the first 48.

Hearts Of Darkness: A Filmmaker's Apocalypse

>implying Hader wouldn't nail Coppola

Making a Murderer

Do Spellbound and have Fred, Bill, and John Mulaney play kids in a geography bee or something.

Tickled

They already did The Thin Blue Line.

Hoop Dreams but with something really absurd, like white kids trying to make it to the NBA

F For Fake

Guys trying to break into their office softball league.

American movie would be great

Zoo

That's much better

This one would be good.

Hated: GG Allin and the Murder Junkies

Dear Zachary

It's just waiting to be mined for laughs.

I think you mean every episode of the first 48

fuck yeah this would be amazing

Lost Soul: The Doomed Journey of Richard Stanley's Island of Dr. Moreau

It'd be hard to make Brando's actions any more comical.

>The King Of Kong
>Bill Hader as the Billy Mitchell character
>Fred Armisen as the Steve Weibe character

Scared Straight!

Ken Burns' Jazz or Ken Burns' Baseball

Honestly Ken Burns' 'New York' is top-tier parody material

That was actually Ric Burns but yeah any of the Burns doc series are ripe for parody.

Every Louis Theroux doc

ever since I first saw doc now I had an idea for what I thought would make a funny episode. it would be a parody of Waltz With Bashir. if you haven't seen it it's about a man who fought in the 1982 Lebanese war but has no memory of it so he goes and talks to people who were there to try to jog his memory. eventually it becomes apparent that he blocked the war from his memories because he participated in some atrocities.

anyway, do a parody about a guy who talks a big game about all the badass things he did in war and he goes and talks to people who were there and we begin to realize that he was comically inept and cowardly during the war.

>Bill Hader as the Billy Mitchell character

This would be awesome.

literally the most patrician show on television and there isn't a single bad episode

Something by Michael Moore.

they seem to do one music episode every season so they should do the decline of western civilization