So were Nolans Batman movies really about George Bush?

So were Nolans Batman movies really about George Bush?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S.–Iraq_Status_of_Forces_Agreement
youtube.com/watch?v=yhrLrBT2hp0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If the Nolan Batman movies were about George Bush, Batman would have ignored the Joker and started attacking completely unrelated criminal gangs in a different city.

Not necessarily about Bush, but Nolan's Batman is certainly as right wing as the character has been portrayed since Frank Miller. Dark Knight is about how citizens should feel safe surrendering their rights in the name of security. TDKR portrays its villain Bane at as an insane left wing revolutionary bent.

thread/

Nolan's Batman didn't kill enough people for to be about Bush.

Snyder's Batman is Bush.

Are you sure?
>Batman ignores his only friend in the world
>Completely abandons all attempts to deal with his personal demons
>Does nothing with his resources to better his city
>Goes and beats up unprepared thugs in the gutters instead, because it's the right thing to do

It's "/thread" dipshit.

THIS IS WHAT MILLENNIALS ACTUALLY BELIEVE.

>its a "why doesnt batman just give away all of his money on muh programs" episode

hi liberal newfag from lelddit

Looking back on it now, Bush was actually more intelligent than people give him credit for. Much of his "country frat-boy" vibe was a persona he purposefully played up.

He's certainly a better politician than Trump. I have a feeling he would have wiped the floor with Clinton in a debate.

>Continuing to build the infrastructure and industry his parents have planned to create jobs
>Giving away money

>let 9/11 happen
>created the vacuum for ISIS
>b-bush kept us safe!

republitards at it again

It's not wrong though. Bush went after Afghanistan, which was right, but when Bin Laden escaped into Pakistan Bush decided to set his sights on Iraq because......Saddam's regime might one day harbor Al Qaeda as the Taliban did? There was a good chance Iraq had WMDs (which to be fair it did)? Those seem like pretty thin reasons to go to war, about a dozen other countries fit that criteria but Bush left them alone.

But Batman did do that. I don't remember how well it's explained in the movies, but Wanye Industries owns like half of Gotham and is basically the only thing keeping the city from turning into Detroit. Bruce Wayne personally does a ton of charity work too.

If the CIA didn't keep inventing up shit for us to attack, our economy would collapse.

>it's a Batman destabilises the entire old world continent and creates several terrorist groups because his Israeli masters told him to do so

Don't remember that one, OP

To my knowledge, everything Wayne Enterprises is, is what his parents left him, and what the board of Directors makes of it.

Bruce makes a point out of not running Wayne Enterprises too directly, because it's more convinient if people think he's always just out partying, and he never has to get any calls about anything. His "Charities" are usually also organized by other people, like Alfred; and those too are only there to keep the charade up and let him be Batman.

Is that a bad thing, though? He's not qualified to run a business, and he's not qualified to run a charity. Lucius is, and Alfred at the very least has the free time to keep an eye on things. The only thing Bruce is really good at is being Batman.

>>created the vacuum for ISIS

Obama did that though, not Bush

fucking cheney's cuckboi

Except when his businesses go bankrupt then he becomes a super-genius wiz at making money and rebuilds his fortune in no time even though he spends all his time working out, practicing martial arts, and beating up thugs.

Probably not. All that matters is perception and the Clinton years are remembered more fondly than the Bush Jr years

Batman did do that you retard. How would wasting money on gibsmedat stop fucking super villians or be interesting to read/watch?

*Americans are at it again

Democrats are just as bad as republicans when it comes to foreign policy, look at how they defend Hillary and Obama's wars

>So were Nolans Batman movies really about George Bush?
No, but George's prequels sure as fuck were

>character is considered a genius because he figures out that the fit guy using all the super expensive high tech gear with a family history of philanthropy and billions of dollars operating out of Gotham is Batman

His skills as a politician are a different matter than his actual ability as president. As a politician, W. was more adept than people give him credit for. He won every election he stood for except 1 way back in '78.

>Batman spends trillions of dollars pursuing weapons of mass destruction that didn't exist, based on poor intelligence, after which the citizens of Gotham City have to pay for the enormous deficit he created in the city's funding as a result, for decades to come

I... don't quite remember that episode, to be honest.

The reason he isn't qualified (if he isn't, see ) is because he outright refused doing what his parents would have wanted him to do.

Regardless, it's not like Bush didn't have people like Lucius who kept a handle on things for the most part.

I'm still talking about this in relation to the thread. You know what I mean in that context?

>Because it's fiction, the character is morally excused from his actions, as long as it's entertaining
Really?

Also, this is a place with Superman.
In some continuities, literally the reason Superman doesn't clean up Gotham is because Batman keeps insisting that he has thing under control, because he wants to put the fear of god in them before cleaning up the city.

>IS IS
>Bush

Jesus christ user, Bush hasn't been in office since 2008, ISIS was formed after Obama's first term was almost up

>Also, this is a place with Superman.
>In some continuities, literally the reason Superman doesn't clean up Gotham is because Batman keeps insisting that he has thing under control

That's just a copout though, anyone with a brain knows that the real reason Superman doesn't clean up Gotham is that it's not convenient for writers. It's the same reason that the Avengers never mess with each other's exclusive movies (let's not pretend Civil War was anything other than Avengers 3).

Why does Obama insist on calling ISIS "ISIL"

The withdrawal from Iraq was initiated under Bush. Obama deserves blame for continuing it, but Bush isn't faultless here.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S.–Iraq_Status_of_Forces_Agreement

ISIS=Islamic State of Iraq and Syria
ISIL=Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant

I think it's partially out of a desire to emphasize that ISIS threatens the entire region and partially to draw attention away from his massive blunder in Syria that helped pave the way for ISIS. IMO, all the Western governments should have kept calling them Daesh. Calling them ISIS or ISIL only legitimizes them in the minds of Western-born Muslims, making it easier to recruit them.

What did ypu expect him to do, jump in the air and physically stop the planes himself? At least he kept faggotry, degeneracy, and tranny shit at bay amd at least he's not a nigger

god knows why he doesn't use the proper term of "daesh fucking shits"

That would have been amazing

youtube.com/watch?v=yhrLrBT2hp0

*tips fedora*

I too was 16 once libcuck

>let 9/11 happen

That was Clinton. If you don't remember (i know you don't because you're underage) the trade centers were bombed once before under his watch and so was one of our embassies in Kenya. Osama was known to be responsible for both and it's known that Clinton had multiple chances to take him out but for whatever reason, never gave the order. Also we never ceased aggression towards iraq. Clinton had been bombing Iraq throughout his entire presidency.

>Why does Obama insist on calling ISIS "ISIL"
That's what his cousins asked him to refer to it as

>we will never have another president as great as W again

He made us feel safe
Kept these niggers in control
Made us look strong internationally
Made peace with Russia unlike that nigger Obama

And he paid the price for it

And there it is. The "fedora". Right on schedule.

You are the cancer that destroyed this place and is now proceeding to destroy humanity. Everything you touch, is shit. YOU are shit. Everything you will ever amount to, everybody you will ever know and everything you will ever do, will be shit.

You rob everything of its integrity and you spew your "buzzwords" as though they're gospel. You brag about accomplishments that aren't yours to what passes for your "friends" and they reward you with empty applause. Empty. Like everything else in your life. You have never possessed one ounce of dignity, honor or self-respect. Others do not respect you. In all likelihood they will NEVER respect you.

I do not wish death upon the likes of you. I do not wish for you to end your vapid, hollow existence. Instead, I revel in the knowledge that, with each year that passes, you will descend more and more into the despair and depression that will inevitably follow your teenagehood. I wish I could be there to see the look on your face as the revelation hit you. The revelation that you are nothing and always have BEEN nothing. I wish I could be there to tell you, "I told you so" with a wry smile on my face.

That this will never happen, is my only regret. Enjoy what passes for your life, child, because in a few years when adulthood hits you with full-force, you will not even be REMOTELY prepared for it.

>we will never have another president as great as W again
>And he paid the price for it
What price was that? 8 years of getting to do whatever he and his father's extended cabinet wanted?

Iraq had very limited ties to Al Qaeda, Bush invaded that country on the off chance they would become another state that sheltered Al Qaeda one day (the way the Taliban did), while completely ignoring the other state that actually was sheltering Al Qaeda (Pakistan).

reputation smeared

being blamed for all of Clinton's and Obungosmistakes

>reputation smeared

Bush made a massive mistake by invading Iraq, failing to get things under control after toppling the government, and signing the withdrawal agreement that paved the way for ISIS. He also failed to successfully "nation-build" in Afghanistan, and was unable to find a way to make our extremely corrupt and hostile "allies" in Pakistan provide significant help in his "War on Terror" other than letting out troops move through their territory on the way to Afghanistan. He was partially responsible for the atrocious government response to Hurricane Katrina. He wasn't evil incarnate like a lot of leftists claim, but a lot of the criticism of him is justified.

*letting our troops

Osama was also emboldened by Clinton's handling of the black hawk down incident. Clinton was weak and made America look weak by extension but worst of all his passiveness in hunting down osama and al qaeda operatives is what allowed 9/11 to take place

first off Obama and Hillary created Isis

W wanted to help in Katrina but the democrat mayor and governor wouldn't let him

>Bush was an idiot!
>How do you know?
>Because of what I saw on the news

Guy was a joker. The handling of Katrina wasn't even his fault, because the governor didn't hand it over to federal control. Iraq was based off poor intelligence. And his administration bailing out the banks after the housing bubble collapse stopped America (and the world) from going into another great depression.

I'm glad gay marriage is legal now, because the democrats can't use it as a political weapon for easy votes.

this

dumbfuck liberals were a bunch of sheep during the 2000s, they were so hellbent on letting us lose in the middle east and are no so surprised when Isis is raping everyone there

>first off Obama and Hillary created Isis

ISIS was a result of the vacuum created by the American withdrawal from Iraq. That withdrawal began as a result of an agreement that President Bush signed with the Iraqi government in 2008.

agreement forced on him cause of pressure from the left

Obama was president, he could have stopped the withdrawal but didn't

>obama stopped the war in iraq!
>doesn't that mean he's responsible for the creation of isis?
>well no because bush was the one who came up with the timetable so it's his fault!

kek never change demos never change

>agreement forced on him cause of pressure from the left

So what? It was December of 2008. He had no more elections to run in, the 2008 election had already been decided so there was no fear of him hurting McCain's chances...Bush could have simply refused to sign the agreement, or even negotiate it in the first place.

>Obama was president, he could have stopped the withdrawal but didn't

Definitely. Obama deserves the blame for continuing it. Doesn't change the fact that Bush started it, though. It's like how Johnson rightly gets the blame for Vietnam but Kennedy still deserves blame for escalating the conflict in the first place.

They're both responsible, how hard is that to understand? If one president starts a terrible policy, and the next president has the chance to stop it but fails to do so, then they're both to blame.

bush didnt kill anyone. he just told other people to do it. at that point it was their decision

As I said, I'm talking about this from a moral point of view.

I like Batman, and I see why the writers do it.
But just because it's the setup for the story, doesn't mean the character, within the universe itself shouldn't be judged for it.

It's not like the Joker shouldn't be considered a horrible person, just because without him there would be no story.

>which to be fair it did
What? Do they actually believe this in murfat land? Iraq didn't have WMDs despite the bullshit lies they kept feeding us that they did.

Jonathan Nolan mentioned the "Batman Brother Eye" storyline
(June, 2005) and Richard Nixon as inspiration for Batman spying in The Dark Knight.

OMAC Project Vol 1

>Brother Eye
>Using money through various Wayne Enterprises subsidiaries, Batman created Brother Eye – a semi-autonomous artificial intelligence surveillance system.

>Through the use of Brother Eye, Batman collected a massive database of information concerning every known metahuman on Earth.

George Bush was the "decider"
he made this claim himself

>at that point it was their court martial

It's exactly a reason the character shouldn't be judged for it. Because there really is no reason why Superman doesn't help. It's totally out of his character not to. If they want to continue writing these shared universe stories the way they do, that concession has to be made.

No baneposting at the mention of Nolan Batman

Should I be proud or ashamed?

I mean I see your point, and if it never came up in the comics, I'd agree.

But the writers go out of their way to point out this issue, to the point where they had at least one occaison (I think actually 2 or 3 but I'm only sure on one) where the entire focus was a what if scenario, where Batman lets Superman keep an eye on Gotham for a night.

It's like cartoon logic.
No one complains if Daffy Duck starts arguing with the Narrator and the narrator erases his beak.
But if you make the Narrator a character and start trying to explain why he has a very good reason for doing what he does to Daffy Duck, then it either has to be funny or make sense; because otherwise the magic's out the window.