What Went Wrong?

What Went Wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=x9GqWoy6__s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Jokes that are only half funny and a few terrible, terrible correspondants. Man I miss Colbert Report

Daily Shoah > Daily Show

like most people he doesnt know what the fuck he is talking about. also he is not even american. like john oliver but younger and a nigger.

he's black

What went right? :)

chose nigger to host cause of the fact he was a nigger didn't chose host because he was funny

thread

No one likes black people

Especially liberals

He doesn't have half the charisma as Stewart and all the talent left the show.

Reminder that Steve Carrel, Stephen Colbert, Rob Corddry, Ed Helms, Rob Riggle, Josh Gad, & John Oliver all used to be Correspondents.

Who do they have now? Seriously it's a LITERALLY WHO fest

I consider myself a liberal but this show panders so much it makes me want to vomit. Trevor Noah's actually decent and could become better with time but the correspondents are cringey cancer

But those are all white men, that is unacceptable.

They forgot non-SJW's still watch TV.

Honestly the show started to get strong but this fucker can't talk. He kept fucking up the punch line and then the writers started leaving the show.

They tried to stump the trump

As a European, seeing a non-American making fun of America just isn't the same.
Stewart was endearing and you got the sense he wanted to make his country a better place. This guy just sits there with his shit accent and his smug smile shitting on a country far superior than his.

his accent pisses me off and he doesn't actually believe half the shit he says

>support liberal propaganda show
>surprised when they hire an unfunny nigger to host

They thought they would make high ratings no matter who they hired because it's an election year.
So they decided to virtue signal by hiring a black guy.

He'd only been to America twice before getting the job and still doesn't tip at restaurants.

They started airing segments that were outright lying to the audience because they had the correct narrative:

youtube.com/watch?v=x9GqWoy6__s

>some half nigger half kike foreigner comedian provides political commentary when he understands fuck all

You have your answer.

How long does Comedy Central have to wait before they can get rid of a second unfunny black man?

With jokes like this how could Trevor be bombing?

When did liberalism become about calling people who don't want to buy some new corporate bullshit bigots?

Affirmative action.

missed a perfectly good opportunity to say niggerer

>implying people still watch tv

He's a foreign nigger who looks like he's twenty years old. No one wants or care for his perspective on American politics.

>this is literally
>mention something completely unrelated

What the fuck? This seems like the most forced way to shoehorn in some good liberal-boy points.

How is the show doing, btw? Is it bombing?

WE

WUZ

GIANTS

WE

WUZ

COOKIES

WE

WUZ

DA ERF

The correspondents are a lot better than they've had in the last few years.

Desi Lydic is like Samantha Bee, only attractive and less biased.

Roy Junior is good as the token black correspondent, because he can play both the nerdy and thug personalities better than Wilmore could.

The generic white guy they have manages to outshine Trevor in any segment they do.

The Asian guy...sucks. Learn how to speak English.

he was hired to predominately please gen x feminists.

i have no idea who else would find this slap head appealing.

None of those people were names before the Daily Show though, what a stupid point.

Needed a new name and style and it would have been fine. Attaching a newcomer after so many successful years of Jon Stewart was a bad move. When the first 3 successors all said no to the idea of taking over, it's probably a good idea to call it quits.

I don't get the Car Keys on Madagascar

>out of all places
>san bernardino county

Kek, got a niggas ribs hurtin today.

>None of those people were names before the Daily Show though

The point was that they were all talented people. The Daily Show used to find actually funny people who used the show to launch their careers.

He's better than really early Jon Stewart.

Jon Stewart grew into that show and found an identity to it after taking over, Trevor Noah is going to have to do the same.

This. Jon Stewart didn't become a good host until 9/11 happened and he had his epic monologue in the show after.

Am I the only one who thinks John Oliver was going to be the replacement host before HBO lured him away? He did a fairly good job of filling in while Stewart was working on that movie of his, and Oliver's own show feels like more of a TDS spiritual successor than the other shows headed by former correspondents, or current TDS for that matter.

No one wants to listen to a South African tell them how their country should be.

If that's true it's true but it surprises me; a lot of the time it seems the US is importing these "entertainers" to fulfil exactly that sort of role.

shows how ignorant and racist america really is

All of the former Daily Show people are just ripping off/exploiting the format in various ways because they don't know how to do anything else.

In addition to John Oliver, see Samantha Bee, Steven Colbert

George Bush was a gold mine of material to use. If Jon Stewart didn't have him he would have ended up just like Trevor.

I personally find him repellent because he's so smug and condescending towards America.

I loved Jon Stewart because while he always pointed out all the bad shit going on in America, he would do it with an actual air of passionate frustration. He seemed like he honestly loves the country and just wants it to do better.

Trevor Noah just falls into the category of "haha, look how stupid these Republicans are, geez why do people have a different view on social issues than me, get over yourselves"

It comes off as annoying and grating, he doesn't love America but he loves how easy it is to shit on it. He constantly criticizes without any sort of positive message. Also he's not a great interviewer

Samantha Bee is possibly the worst. Colbert can be funny but only when in character. Trever isn't funny at all and that Seth Myers dude is just irrelevant.

Yeah, this is untrue. Stewart remained equally funny well into Obama's presidency. Trevor, his writers, the correspondents...all terrible.

>Colbert
He's disappointing. I was hoping to see a much more apolitical version of him instead of going down the "The old me can still be here" path. Wishful thinking on my part.

Not even going to bother with Bee's show since I never cared for her.