I have never seen any episode of Walking Dead but people around me watch it and are pretty hyped sometimes so I have a...

I have never seen any episode of Walking Dead but people around me watch it and are pretty hyped sometimes so I have a question: Is this only show where they try to survive or are they looking for some kind of cure? Does it have interesting plots besides zombies?

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/Lrbie
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's mainly about the humans surviving. The zombies aren't even the main threat, the humans mostly are. There is no cure in this show. It's just about a group of people trying to survive.

Would you say it is worth it?Are characters good? It's more than sixty episodes and it's a lot of time spent watching.

It's worth it, thanks to Rick. Some episodes suck, but the good ones are really entertaining.

it just keep getting dragged out. every season there is some bad group, everyone gets killed, they find a new group of survivors, different bad guys kill everyone again, and again and again. literal autism.

True. Still worth watching, all things considered. It's a better show than LOST or Breaking Bad, but not as good as True Detective or GoT.

Its a good show that should have ended 2 seasons ago

> It's a better show than LOST or Breaking Bad
BB knew when to end and LOST only became became bad in the last season when they revealed they had no plan

>Staving off the apocalypse with a Colt Python

Ignore this faggot. Walking Dead is at it's peak right now, with the fans and in the ratings. And there are a lot more plots from the comic to come. It'll be around for a while yet.

its the laziest shit on television

dont watch it

Season 1 and 2 were goat, but there's a bit of a lull for a while after that. Season 5 was mostly decent imo and 6 was back to form.

>imgur.com/a/Lrbie

hahah this ;) suppressed 10/22 lotsa dead zombies, quiet

watch season 1 and 2, skip 3 and then the rest is good

l love the walking dead, you should watch it. You have really slow as fuck zombies too so survival comes down to your behaviour and intelligence.

Most of the time they're trying to survive and start new at various places that get over run or they have to go to war with other human beings etc.

Walking dead, fear the walking dead and Z nation are my favourite zombie shows.

But yes definitely watch the walking dead.

>LOST only became became bad in the last season when they revealed they had no plan
LOST really pissed me off and disillusioned me to the "mystery" genre.

Apparently "mystery" means
>step 1: make some nonsensical plot that raises a fuckton of questions
>step 2: never answer any of those questions
>step 3: rinse and repeat from step 1

Walking Dead is definitely worth a watch. Just check out the first few episodes to get a feel for what it's like.
It's kind of a soap opera with occasional zombie attacks. also it's a comic book adaptation, so check your autism on the door in

Its a mixed bag.

the good episodes are pretty good, and can get pretty hype.

>punished Rick chimping out on people

but man do the bad episodes suck shit so bad.

>woman flipping a car in an empty fucking street

how did lost end anyway? i remember watching the show up until a black shadow smoke thing appeared and that was it for me.

>how did lost end anyway?
I dont even remember. there was time travel involved, and it just all went to shit, nothing was explained.

dont watch it

>its a Carol murders 60 people and has a moral crisis episode

tired of this rerun, lad

They were dead an in Purgatory. Even though the writers specifically said during season 1 that they weren't.

The Walking Dead suffers from the story having no end goal. The writer of the comic said the Walking Dead's goal is specifically never end because he wanted to write a zombie story that "kept going after the credits rolled".

The characters have no aim and nothing will ever be accomplished or permanent because it would mean the end of the comic. The story will never be resolved and it will trudge on forever like a zombie

The comic itself is treading water. I've not read it since the time skip but their on like their third "we found somewhere to settle OH NO BAD PEOPLE ARE ATTACKING" storyline.

Everything in Lost can be explained. I rewatched it recently, and it all fits together. Just because they don't spoonfeed you the answers doesn't mean they weren't there.

just watch the first season

it turns into drama akin to "greys anatomy or ER with zombies" in the later seasons

Anything can be deep if you look hard enough.

Watch seasons 1-2 for Shane.
Watch seasons 3 onward for Rick.
All other characters are pretty shit imo.

Probably.

It is a certainty that they had no overarching plan, but made it up as they went along. They wanted a conflict between "dark" and "light" since the beginning (see Locke's game), and spiraled from there.

However, that doesn't mean they didn't try to fit it together. The mystery of the island (the light, electromagnetism, smoke monster and Jacob, time travel, afterlife) can be directly put together as evidenced in pieces of dialogue.

I think it's more the fact that the people who expected scientific answers and got supernatural answers instead felt cheated.

But this is a Walking Dead thread.

no bbeg
no cure
just survival in an endlessly hostile world

>I have watched every episode of Walking Dead but so many around me watch it and say its trash sometimes so I have a question: Is there another show where they try to survive or are they looking for some kind of cure? Does it have interesting plots besides zombies?
>>>

wait sow how did it end? or a brief few sentences of the overall story ? all I remember is plane crash, a nerdy guy in some kind of bunker and a monster made out of smoke. I stopped at the smoke monster.

They fight the smoke monster

The island was a place that harbored the energy of life (which, if it falls into the wrong hands, can be used to kill)

After they die, they end up in a sort of purgatory

Zombies are only a nuisance for the most part, like wild hogs that have gotten out of control. They're only dangerous if you aren't careful or let them build up to insane numbers.

It's now a generic SHTF show. There where some minor cure/zombie science related subplots, but I think they've made it clear that there is no hope for a cure.

By the way: I'm talking about the current show. In the beginning, zombies were like 50% of the show.

>not liking S3
S1=S2>S3>>>>>S4
Didn't bother with the rest because the second part of S4 is pure forced drama and I didn't bother afterwards.

>They were dead an in Purgatory. Even though the writers specifically said during season 1 that they weren't.
Fuck you, it's not as straightforward as that and you know it.

>I've not read it since the time skip but their on like their third "we found somewhere to settle OH NO BAD PEOPLE ARE ATTACKING" storyline.
1) Prison
2) Alexandria
3)Oh, wait. There is no third because they're still at Alexandria. Retard.

Really, so theres not a third group being dicks to them and threatning to fuck them up?

>the humans are the real monsters: the show

S2>S1>S5-2>S6>S3>S5-1>S4

it is literally the most overrated show out there right now

but it keeps the plebs contained and happy so ill allow it

Well I'm glad you asked user.
You see the leader of the secret alien island people turned out to be a normal guy leading normal scientists, the man the group captured was just super autistic. Now the leader of the "evil but now totally fine" group climbed into an underground ice cavern that contained a massive furnace (somehow) and turned the giant wheel activating the islands GPS. The island then teleported to a different location using terrible CGI.
The giant polar bear turns out to also been the giant smoke monster which is actually the evil island spirit who becomes more tame and is ok with Fat Guy's (who remained fat from finding the secret chocolate storage in one the underground facilities) golf course but not ok with the black guy who it murders because he got too close to tiny statuettes of the Virgin Mary that were filled with heroin.
Using time travel 1-2 times, our hero finds himself arriving at the church everyone had been at the entire time. When people die on the island to go to this place. Everyone is there, Hobbit dude and that guy Boon included. They go to heaven THE END

Season 1 >>>everything else is a telenovela about feelings. pure dog shit kino

It focuses on survival.
Plots can be interesting but the filler episodes are god awful.
For example: 2 characters in a cabin for the majority of the episode. One is most calloused of the survivors and the other is a 17-22 year old girl. They drink moonshine and get emotional and talk about "life and stuff" for the majority of the episode before burning the cabin down to pop music while both shedding tears of joy. 2edgy

That episode is renowned for its awfulness but

> 2 characters in a cabin for the majority of the episode.
Also describes Here's Not Here, which is unironically kino. I'd call it a short film.

S4 > S5 > S1 > S6 > S3 >>>>>>>>>>>> S2

the only thing halfway right here is the placement of season 3
how can one person have such shit taste?

i fucking hate when they do this shit. like in ftwd recently, where those bandit fucks get out of their car too shoot at zombies for no reason, then just stand there and wait to be eaten