ITT: Good concept, bad execution

ITT: Good concept, bad execution

Nice album cover.

hated the ending

was pointless

"good concept, bad execution"

:^)

Was such an unfortunate step down from Love.

Is Love really that good? What did you personally think about it when you first saw it

Honestly, The Signal put me off so bad, I saw the twist a mile away and immediately realized it was headed straight for the trash when romance was shoehorned in, that fucking """""hacking""""" scene, ayylmao SUPERPOWERS, and the fucking over-done slo-mo effects

Love, to me, demonstrated one of the quintessential tenets of scifi. It explored a bit of the human condition while spinning a tale in space and time. I imagine most would say that the Lone was simply a pared down knock off version of Moon. I think the idea of loneliness and the hunger for connection is worth being expanded and thoroughly explored and Love certainly did that more thoroughly than the first act of Moon. Hell that topic is pretty much what keeps me watching a few Mamoru Oshii movie that most people would have shut off within 15 minutes.

>bad execution
specifically? For me the kids ruined it with their shit dialog and shit acting. The story deserved better.

Interesting, I really liked Moon so I guess it might be worth giving this guy another shot

thanks user

Yeah the kids threw me off as well, but I pretty much said everything that ticked me off on I really do agree that the story deserved better. Had so much potential, the ending tried so hard to bring it all together but the shit that lead up to it did not help at all

Dat faora

The Neon Demon

Sucked major shit despite the concept being somewhat interesting.

I may get a ton of shit for this, but hear me out.

The premise of this movie is great. Classic science-fiction. Plants are trying to re-take the world by emitting spores that make people kill themselves? That's classic "Invasion of the Body Snatchers"-type shit right there.

Where it fails is having Shyamalan take the helm and making it completely fucking stupid with his Shyamalan-ness. Under-performing actors probably being directed even worse? People going off onto stupid tangents about hot dogs? Mark Wahlberg talking to a plastic ficus? Everything about this movie is poorly executed, but I can't fault the basic premise.

Stranger Things

i was really fucking angry that this concept was used for a love story

+ rhetoric was really blatant and that got on my nerves as well

>a movie about THE (FINAL) HAPPENING
>nothing happens, at all

If they had just held back on monsters or gotten rid of them entirely, making it entirely psychological... it could have entered the annals of sci-fi legends. Such a waste.

just watched this and agree. what a fucking awful movie. i liked the concept though.

Knowing

Good movie with bad lead actors and shit ending.
the concept itself was quite good

Agreed with your points but
>Under-performing actors

I wouldn't say they were under-performing, nor can I actually say they were over performing but it manages to swing between both and the end result is some of the most bizarre acting I've ever seen committed to film.