I'm near the end of season 2 and I don't get it. None of the women he's fucked are as hot as his wife

I'm near the end of season 2 and I don't get it. None of the women he's fucked are as hot as his wife.

Is he just bored?

Are you seriously so unfamiliar with the human experience that you think sex is just about finding the hottest person you can and having sex with them forever?

That's kind of why I made the thread, genius. I'm wondering about his motivations.

he only likes the beginnings of things and realizes he married a petulant woman with severe mommy issues.

he's restless

he's always looking for something new, he can't be satisfied with what he has

That's pretty much what I've gathered, but I was kind of hoping there was more. Not that it makes the show any less good or anything.

I'm at about the same point as you are in the show.

I think he hates being tied down. That's why he never signs a contract and was ready to run away with Jewfu. Married life is probably hell for Don in some ways.

Matthew Weiner said on a podcast that he'd been told that Don probably had attachment disorder.

thas le point.gaypeg

What the fuck ended up happening to Bob Benson? I can't even remember.

Questions from virgins general?

>what do boobs feel like?

He went to Chevy or GM or some shit

Bags of salty coins.

iirc GM wanted to hire but he needed a wife and tried to marry joan. she turns him down but i dont remember if GM takes him in or not after that.

It's a universal rule:
>No matter how hot a girl is, there is a guy that's tired of fucking her

Don loves the thrill of the hunt

>He only likes beginnings of things
Literally me. I don't even know why I'm like this. It's always so exciting starting new things since it's unknown and a mystery but once you have a good grasp of everything it's not as interesting anymore

I do this so much it's frustrating. I pick up things, hobbies, interest and always drop them after a month or so

S A N D
A
N
D

mad men was the greatest show of modern tv and produced the best content Cred Forums could muster

If every night you went home to a nagging ice queen bitch of a wife, plus your annoyingly precocious daughter and retard son, you'd want to stray a little bit every once in a while. You're telling me that some groovy arts chick with a big schnozz who wanted to fuck you wouldn't be appealing after coming home to the same shit every day? He still gets to fondle Betty's big, slightly saggy boobs whenever he wants.

This show is the biggest pleb filter.

>He never tries to dick Christina "cowtits" Hendricks.

What did they mean by this?

Dude has extreme mother issues, you'll start to see it more in the later seasons.

Just about every woman he fucks is motherly in some way, and hes trying to find a mom to stick his dick in.

His motivations are ever man's. To fuck as many women as possible. It doesn't matter how hot your wife/girlfriend is.

Do you think Hugh Grant fucked that hooker because she was hotter than Elizabeth Hurley?

>It's a Betty tells Henry to go into Sally's room and rape her friend while she holds her down episode

hired on another show so they cut his arc.

I honestly think if Bob Benson had been a main cast member in season 7 it would have been GOAT. They definitely had something sinister planned for him. A funhouse mirror for Don to look at, right down to their name's alliteration

>mfw

>Mad Men is boring

Is Mad Men the biggest pleb filter? Or does that title still belong to season 6 of the Sopranos?

>That /ss/ plotline with Betty and that neighbourhood kid

What are some other essential /ss/-core?

>ywn walk in on January jones peeing

I can't believe prostitution is illegal in the "land of the free".

>can't drink until 21
>can't play around with women in exchange for cash

No wonder you develop sugar addictions.

>Bob Benson
yeah, a creepy gay is super fun

You don't shit where you eat. Don forgot this with ZOO BEE ZOO BEE ZOO BEE and he paid for it

he's into le
>dark lady
b/c matthew weiner took a shakespeare class in college once

Bags of sandy coins

That was weird Tbh

She's a weird gal that Betty

>can't drink at all in a public place

Wouldn't you get bored eating the same meal every day?

>That thumb placement

It's like eating oysters and lobsters everyday.
Sometimes you just want a greasy burger.

eh, it's incorrect, but it's not like her character is a former SEAL or anything

He has a severe difficulty actually connecting with people. As Faye correctly told him, he “only likes the beginning of things”. He could only get so close to Betty w/o putting his walls up and keep her out.

In parallel, his nature leads him to act out in self-destructive ways, so when life starts beating him down, he tends to medicate himself with women or drink.

He prefers to be the stranger in the room, and not the known man. He is the hobo in the grey flannel suit; always wanting to “go somewhere new” and leave his world behind the more he gains history and baggage with individuals. He fights it, but that is what he does when reduced to his weakest, most raw state. The perfect advertising man: seducing strangers, and letting them see only what he wants them to see.

Milky coins of sand

i used to watch with a bottle of cheap whiskey and a pouch of tobacco.

i would fantasise about how well my presentations would go and change my personality to fit dons mysterious and withdrawn style. i think it was actually detrimental for my health and job all things considered.

Why don't we make actual presentations

Why did they have Betty say this?

I think Betty was being (albeit playfully) petty and jealous. She was very self-concious of her weight. Noticing Bobby's crush on Sally's friend, she projected that same crush onto Henry's polite interest in the girl's violin-playing.

All that aside, it would have been hot if they follwed through.