I must have watched this movie about 1000 times by now. What makes it such a good movie...

I must have watched this movie about 1000 times by now. What makes it such a good movie? Also considering signing up for the military pilot program.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/vyN8VN4BSzM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Also considering signing up for the military pilot program.

Amazing that this film is still recruiting naive guys even today.

Firstly, manned fixed wing aircraft are going to be completely redundant in the next 7 years

Second. Dogfights are nothing like the film, especially not today, being a fighter pilot is actually an incredibly boring job, you would almost never have a visible enemy, radar contact only.

Thrid. If you're an American, the air force treats it's fixed wing pilots like sub humans.

Fourth. Apache's are for real niggas, join the army air corps if you want to slay terrorists and pussy all day long.

The requirement for getting to actually fly jets are extremely high too. You have like a 5% chance to actually graduate as a jet fighter and the rest of the time you become a runway cuck that has to stand on the sidelines and watch someone else fly the planes.

>Firstly, manned fixed wing aircraft are going to be completely redundant in the next 7 years
"no"

I love Top Gun too.

Subversion on a massive scale.

youtu.be/vyN8VN4BSzM

This man understands if you want to fly sign up for helo's it's 10x easier to get a helo slot than a fixed winged slot

>What makes it such a good movie?

-well done practical effects that are still unrivaled 30 years later
-impeccable casting for every role
-kickass soundtrack
-the absolute peak of heterosexual camaraderie, taken just to the brink of being literal homosexuality
-scenes of Michael Ironside wearing a hat that says Top Gun
-captures a Cold War feel, but isn't totally dated since it's not overtly a U.S. vs. Commies plot
-curtain call credits

>taken just to the brink of being literal homosexuality
Nonsense. That's just Tarantino projecting his latent homosexuality.

>mfw the song "Mighty Wings" was supposedly the inspiration for Ken's stage music in Street Fighter 2

exactly. Fuck cucktantino. Top Gun is movie for real men.

There's an insane amount of testosterone. Slider tells other men how his johnson is long, but distinguished. They all voluntarily hang around in towels and play shirtless volleyball against each other. Mav also just hangs out in only his underwear after Goose dies for no reason.

Don't forget the pissed off instructor shouting "I WANT SOME BUTTS" after Maverick buzzes the tower.

The only reason we bother is it makes some congressmen very rich

Drones are superior in every way. They cost less, they can fly for longer, and they pose no risk to the pilot.

it's so good because they play Danger Zone 3 fucking times

They don't need 47 year old out of work guys to pilot their jets

There's the whole "accountability" issue according to the press, but since when has the military ever given a shit about that?

Kenny Loggins is based. He even made a song about Winnie the Pooh that was pretty awesome. Also:

PLAAAAYYYYIN'
PLAYIN' WITH - THE - BOYYYYS

>the air force treats it's fixed wing pilots like sub humans
The air force treats all their pilots like rock stars.

>Imagine being Kelly McGillis in that scene and having to be all like "damn, Tom Cruise, you fuckin' fine, all sexy with your short body and horrific androgynous monster face. I would totally have sex with you, both my character and the real me." when all she really wants to do is fuck another 20 something year old chick in her dressing room. Like seriously imagine having to be Kelly McGillis and not only sit on that desk hunched over while Tom Cruise flaunts his disgusting bucktooth in front of you, the favorable lighting barely concealing his yellow teeth and leathery skin, and just sit there, take after take, hour after hour, while he perfected that dance. Not only having to tolerate his monstrous fucking visage but his haughty attitude as everyone on set tells him he's STILL GOT IT and DAMN, TOM CRUISE IS THAT TALL?? because they're not the ones who have to hunch there and watch his boyish fucking rat face contort into types of grimaces you didn't even know existed before that day. You've been fucking nothing but a healthy diet of blondes and supermodels and later alleged rape victims for your ENTIRE CAREER coming straight out of the streets in Brooklyn. You've never even seen anything this fucking disgusting before, and now you swear you can taste the sweat that's breaking out on his dimpled face as he sucks it in to writhe it suggestively at you, smugly assured that you are enjoying the opportunity to get paid to sit there and revel in his "statuesque (for that is what he calls herself)" height, the height he worked so hard for with platform shoes in the previous months. And then the director calls for another take, and you know you could kill every single person in this room before the studio security could put you down, but you hunch there and endure, because you're fucking Kelly McGillis. You're not going to lose your future post-rape retired lesbian actreess life over this. Just bear it. Hide your face and bear it.

Why did they use theese as MiGs?

it's cheesy in a really good way.

the music too, so pumped up and cheeseball and awesome.

Because 90% of the people who watched the movie didn't know (or care about) the difference.

Based prime Meg Ryan

Because the F-5 was the designated "agressor" aircraft used as a stand in for russkies during training.

>and play shirtless volleyball against each other
What's gay about that? I can see the other point but playing sports with your top off when sunny is just a normal thing to do.

In and of itself, it's normal. It's just part of the bigger picture.