Let's discuss the plane crash scene in The Dark Knight Rises by Christopher Nolan...

Let's discuss the plane crash scene in The Dark Knight Rises by Christopher Nolan. What makes it such a significant scene?

Bane?

You're a big guy

>Don't talk to me or my wife's BANE ever again.

Why can't redditors give it a rest and let this meme die?

>CIA
>Bane
>Plane
Notice the prevalence of the hard "A" sound in the three major aspects of TDKR opening scene. A, the first letter in the alphabet, the alpha in "alpha and omega." Alpha and omega, the beginning and the end, what the God of Christianity refers to himself as. Emphasis on the "beginning", as this scene opens the film. God also refers to himself in 3 distinct parts: the father, son, and holy spirit.

Bane, CIA, and the plane represent the holy trinity. Bane, the mastermind behind the plane heist, tests CIA's abilities. In a similar manner to the way God tested his son, Jesus. Bane has already rendered CIA's fate predetermined, he must suffer and die in the plane crash to bring about future events. The plane itself acts as an impersonal vessel for the event, it exists as temple for Bane and CIA to interact. When Bane asks why CIA would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane, he's asking why CIA doesn't have faith in the plane's abilities, as if being thrown out of the plane wouldn't guarantee the man's death. It's God asking Jesus why he would lose faith in The Holy Spirit, why he would doubt its abilities.

God has often been referred to as "The Big Guy Upstairs." When CIA calls Bane a "big guy", he represents Jesus questioning his father's motives, asking why he must suffer if his father is big and strong enough to save him from his suffering. When Bane replies "For you", he is saying two things at once. First: that he is being a big guy for him, it's God saying that it hurts him to watch his son suffer, but it's something that must be done, it's tough love. Second: that Bane and CIA are one in the same, that the bigness of Bane's guy includes both CIA and the Holy Plane. That they are 3 different faces of the same being and one cannot exist without the other two. The final word, "Crashing this plane with no survivors" indicates the end times, when God in all his facets bring about the apocalypse and all the unworthy are purged.

Can I bring friends?

t. HOTHEAD

Waiter, this pasta is stale

Aye

How strong is CIA in the force?

One of the greatest scenes in all of cinema

Baneposting will never die.

I liked the bit about crashing the plane with no survivors

Nearly 5 years strong boys. This meme will outlive us all

>What makes it such a significant scene?
couldn't tell ya.

Dr. Reddit. I'm NASA.

You don't get to bring upvotes

Sir?

Clearly the dynamic cast of characters makes it special.

Dank Flavor

Toвapищ Пaвeл, я КГБ.