What is your honest opinion on the movie, Hot Fuzz?

What is your honest opinion on the movie, Hot Fuzz?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FxWfWgOAg-A
youtube.com/watch?v=3FOzD4Sfgag
youtube.com/watch?v=lttrIPDFplU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Better than Shaun of the Dead and World's End

no luck catching them swans then?

Really smart and funny action-comedy flick.

Probably the best movie in the cornetto trilogy

Comfy

World's End for sure but Shaun of the Dead is pretty debatable.

I share in these opinions. It's the only one of the three I really like watching again.

>sold itself as a parody of over-the-top Hollywood action movies
>80% of the movie is more like a gory episode of Scooby Doo instead

Why can't Brits into enjoyable, braindead American action?

>went in blind for a nice cop comedy/drama
>then the entire last 30 minutes happens

WORSE ONE OF THE "CORNETTO" TRILOGY; THE BEST ONE IS "THE WORLD'S END".

Literally neither of the things you said about the film is correct.

This movie is fucking TIGHT. Not a single wasted line or scene.

this

Not sure witch is better the commentary or the movie youtube.com/watch?v=FxWfWgOAg-A

Sure thing pal. That's why there isn't a single shootout or car chase until the last 15 minutes of the movie.

>braindead
there's your answer

Loved everything about it except for the gore, which didn't fit the setting at all.

Best of the trilogy.

I still die laughing when the P.I. Staker part comes up.

World's End got too real man

One of my top tens. Pretty much a perfect comedy.

too many pointless shootouts and unfunny jokes, 5/10

Entirely enjoyable.

Yeah, the big "IT'S ALL I'VE GOT" scene is like a punch to the balls.

one of the only comedies i own on bluray

All of that scene.
>"IT NEVER GOT BETTER THAN THAT NIGHT"

This.

Best of the cornetto trilogy, easily. Shaun is really overrated imo.

just turn your brain off at the theatre

I like it better than Shaun.
World's End is still my favorite tho

How can one man be so wrong?

It's my favourite of the trilogy. Very rewatchable. If you don't like this movie, I can't take you seriously.

That I just don't get this kind of humor, I feel like I am missing something.

A chromosome most likely

That scene alone almost makes me prefer The World's End over the other two. Out of Simon Pegg's characters in these movies, I understand Gary the most, unfortunately.

you probably just don't like juvenile humor masquerade as something more

What was it masquerading as?

We've got a special one here lads

I agree, Shaun never really gets a laugh out of me, it's just nice and quotable for reddit.

>lol old people are killing people isn't this funny?
>lol the reporter guy got his head smashed isn't this funny?
>lol isn't this lame parody of a hollywood shootout funny?
>AH HA CLEVER BRITISH HUMOR!

So you missed all the little details and don't use your brain. Good for you, moron.

Not sure wizard video you mean

>What is subversion
>Why am I retarded
>My feet hurt
>I wish I was back at reddit receiving upvotes

>y-you just missed it! this is a deep and clever deconstruction of the genre! my petty insults prove I am right!

>I can't formulate an argument to defend this movie even if I pretend to be smart because I liked it! here some memes to cover it by the way! reddit! upvotes!

pathetic

You thoroughly disgust me, troll.

You're right about the petty insults, but I never said I was right. You're allowed to dislike the movie.

>nobody farts
>nobody gets hit in the dick
>no foul mouthed children
>nobody projectile vomits
>there are no celebrities cameoing as themselves
1/10 did not clap once

It's just the one, actually

Not him, but like you carefully formulated an argument for why the film is bad?

>ITT: inbred britfags circlejerking about their unfunny low-budget dogshit movies and trick people into watching them

These "cornetto trilogy" movies are all fucking shit. Don't fall for the memes and skip them all.

>Skip em

No one's asking if they should watch them?

This. If you're going to present a non argument entirely in green text with no explanation for why or how you came to your conclusion, why would you expect anyone to bother putting together a reasoned response?

I questioned three scenes/instance from the movie and their supposedly humorous nature, it's still more than just dismissing everyone as a troll

>thinking its soley ment to be a hollywood action movie 'parody' and not also drawing on influences like midsomer muders and the wickerman

as far as simon pegg comedies paul > st beyond >>>> hot fuzz

It doesn't have a laugh track.

It's a seriously good movie. Best of the trilogy. World's End was really good too though. I want them to do more stuff with Wright which isn't dumb American nonsense like Paul.

>>lol isn't this lame parody of a hollywood shootout funny?
>lame
poster's retarded
opinion gets disregarded

the thing is these movies are considered unfunny trash in britain
you, the american, only find them funny because of the zany accents and lingo
spaced/shaun of dead/hot fuzz/worlds end are to britain what big mama's house is to america and viced-versa

what's the brit equivalent of freddy got fingered?

Are you having a laugh? Both Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead are well received in bongland.

Nice b8 m8 took me almost 2 bings to decide it was b8

CRUSTY JUGGLERS

Are you american?

Pauk had nothing to do with edgar (which is why it was shit)

did she fuck everyone?

>the thing is these movies are considered unfunny trash in britain
They're fucking cult classics here mate, you're clearly not from the UK. Or you are and your worldview is defined by your one shitty opinionated friend.

Funniest british movie I ever seen
Also this

DOG MUCK

It's the best thing in that sequence of Edgar Wright movies collectively known by that odious and retarded fucking name (you know which one). Shaun of the Dead's an overrated pile of wank.

Really good, highly debatable where it ranks in the Cornetto Trilogy, the same as what almost everyone else thinks.

The swan's escaped?

One of my favourite comedy movies ever made

I watched it yesterday, can confirm this is true.

Friendly reminder a new original Edgar Wright film is releasing next year.

Get ready to have your anus ready.

SEA MOINE

Shitty leftist propaganda

>LMAO caring for small rural villages means you're a xenophobic murderer that kill gypsies

Must be Revleft fav movie, I guess many posters here are from that site

Agree with all of this. Personal top 5 favorite comedy for me.

OH, YOU MOTHERS

I don't like it. I found almost ever joke fell flat, and I'm very much into British comedy. I'll never understand why people like it so much.
The other two movies from the trilogy are just as bad.

German here who is 2 weeks a month in bonglondistan.
People love those three movies, cult classic on the island and the same in good old germoney.

No idea what youre talking about and somehow i get the feeling youre just some amerifat.

It's one of the most rewatchable comedies out there, and I say that as someone who can't be bothered with watching a movie more than once every three years, if at that. With most comedies you end up waiting for your favourite scene where the funny jokes comes up, but with Hot Fuzz there's funny bits in practically every camera shot. Or the camera shot has a funny effect. Or they use sound effects in a humorous way.

GET A LOOK AT HIS ARSE

Sorry GermAnon, but you just got memed on, that's pasta.

Wow, it took you a while to post this pasta, usually you post it among first posts

Aaron A. Aaronson?

A GREAT BIG BUSHY BEARD

STOP FALLING FOR DECADE OLD B8 YOU REDDITOR NEWFAGGOTS

SERGEANT ANGLE

>and what does it look like?
>Well... It's a swan

HE'S NOT JUDGE JUDY AND EXECUTIONER

I don't know *sprays violently* pub?

FARMERS MUMS

first post best post

YARP

>he didn't see the world record breaking car chase scene.
sucks to be you

This is in my top 5 favorite movies of all time

Burger here, kek'd heartily at that post. That being said everybody I know loves hot fuzz and shaun

I thought Paul was pretty good.

Nope, it's not even welcome at the table of conversation. Edgar Wright wasn't involved at all, and that should have been obvious before I told you

you're sick in the head. sicko.

Look, I get the jokes in the movie they just don't make me laugh.

The World's End is their most mature collaboration, it's a shame to see it ignored or hated by fans because it's not le quotable enough and they're too young to identify with Gary King.

pretty sure this is one of the first movies made popular by reddit or god help us, digg. Its fucking gay

A GREAT BIG BUSHY BEARD

don't like their brand of humor, there is no edge at all

the coldplay of comedy

my favorite action movie, so fun to watch
youtube.com/watch?v=3FOzD4Sfgag

another pint of lager please mary

>Better than Shaun of the Dead

>seth rogen
fucking dropped

More like Hot Garbage...

Rei knows it.

TWE = Patrician choice.
SOTD = Contrarian choice.
HF = Plebeian choice

you sound like a fag

the worlds end is great. first time watching it I hated it, though

(Tips fedora)

Love the world's end. This boards hatred of it confuses me to hell and back

>crying and butthurt norminons (normie anons)
>all this because a verified kino connaissaur does not rate their bland normie comedy

thanks anyway

They are so childish they can't accept dissenting opinions over humor (a really subjective thing), if this is the kind of people these movies attract you know they must be really stupid movies.

Literally, unironically Reddit. I can't believe people here unironically find this movie funny. It's worse than those shitty "Epic Movie" parody films they kept making like 6 years ago.

>you will never watch the final action sequences for the first time again

is that his actual face?

Morning

World's End is a mess pacing and writing wise. It has none of the tightness of the previous two. Individually good scenes don't fix the fact that the movie is a chore to sit through.

not even a big fan. disliking something because it isn't "edgy" enough is just embarrassing

Is their a direct pleb correlation between people who watch this drivel and capeshit? I bet there is.

Ditto. I might watch Shaun of the Dead casually if it's on TV. I don't think I'd even stop on World's End if it was on.

Film was never about that though.

>opinions I don't like are bait!!!!
Typical redditor. I bet you cry about Cred Forums.

>masquerade
It's literally a goofball buddy cop comedy. It has no pretense whatsoever.

Is there a British comedy film that's not a parody? That's literally all you faggots can do.

Ok, so if you were serious I'm sorry about your legit retardation. Because if you serious think that epic movie et al is better than Hot Fuzz you are legit retarded.

isn't this the guy that made the last star trek movie?

>watching it a second time
>catching all that foreshadowing and jokes that reference themselves later on

He's not wrong
>Stop being a manchildren
Is probably the best advice most ACTUAL millennials (aged 20-35) need to hear and follkw

Four Lions

If you seriously think your British parody trash is better than the other parodies, you're legitimately a pleb.

>edgy
Okay autist. Let me rephrase: boring, bland, tasteless humor.

And wtf they didn't even have a scene in which they catapulted a zombie baby into another zombies asshole, like wtf.

Ahh so retarded and a faggot. Checked and opinion invalidated.

I've watched the movie twice. It was slightly better with a repeat viewing, but still one of the unfunniest comedies I've ever seen. When I watched it in theater there was dead silence the entire film.

>getting this upset when someone points out that you have bad taste in movies
Seriously cry more. I'm sorry you're now realizing how Hot Shit is just as bad as Scary Movie 27 strikes back.

Based Pegg must have loved BvS then

He's just the biggest hypocrite
"I measure my life in terms of my relationship with Star Wars" - Simon Pegg

The only movie I've watched more in my life is Big Trouble in Little China, but that one had a 20 year head start.

well he is british after all

I don't even like Hot fuzz but if you think it's in any way comparable to those movies then you are a mong. That's the end as far as i'm concerned. You're wrong I'm right. I'm done with you.

That's not true though

>I don't even like the movie I'm crying over and trying my best to defend
CLASSIC. Sure champ.

Hot Fuzz is definitely more rewatchable than Shaun of The Dead. The first time I saw it I definitely thought Shaun was better than Fuzz, but upon watching them more times Shaun lags behind. Mostly because Hot Fuzz has a lot more background gags you end up noticing the second time around, which makes Shaun of The Dead seem empty in comparison.

No one can resist the money

I don't think he got a lot of money to be some random masked character in Star Wars
Unlesss he did it for publicity

That's a good quote, I just can't imagine a guy like him actually saying that. Not that I'd know him from other than his movies, maybe he's actually a pretty smart guy

What does Cred Forums think of Don't?
youtube.com/watch?v=lttrIPDFplU

It's a woman, what do you think?

>ALL OF THAT FUCKING OPTIMISM! WE WERE GOING TO TAKE ON THE WORLD! But nothing happened... It was all a big LIE.

Too close to home, man. Too close to home.

It's amazing. I wonder how difficult it is to make a movie where every scene is important and nothing is wasted.

didn't like it so much the first time I watched but I watched again recently and it's really good

the only thing I didn't like was the shootout at the end which I found to be pretty boring.

>Mfw felt invincible coming out of high school
>Only 5 years later I've realized I'm never going to get smarter, get better at anything i do, and have to accept that I'll be mediocre me for the rest of my life

Used to live where they filmed a bunch of this. Ask me anything

Are English small towns as cozy as they look?

We have almost nothing like them in America, apart from bumfuck cute villages in Vermont

Why did you leave britain Mortimer?

A lot of scenes were filmed in the smallest city in England, Wells. Edgar Wright went to a school there. The shootout scene took place in the local marketplace. They are pretty cozy but it suffers from isolation. When I moved to a city I realised how fucking sheltered it was, but the people in these villages are 100x nicer than city folk.

there are real towns like the one in hot fuzz but most are a bit more scummy, most towns have some nice parts though

Probably one of my favourite comedies of all time, its one of those movies I knowingly hold of watching for long stretches of time so it wont get stale

>board went from discussing arthouse to talking about comedies for normies and acting as if they are some kind of masterpieces because they are not as bad as the dumb american ones

>>board went from discussing arthouse
lmao

>discussing arthouse

Cred Forums has never discussed arthouse, what are you smoking. It was waifus & feet and now it's SJWs, Cred Forums & memes.

obligatory

>board went from discussing arthouse

There are plenty BvS threads left in which you can discuss deep symbolism

who are you quoting

>post chanology users

Funny because Korinefag's idol Armond White loves Edgar Wright

parodying terrorists

I just finished watching it, and I found it to be pretty funny. Well crafted funny movie!

is he our guy Cred Forums?

What do you want from me?

>talking bollocks

Impressive. Very nice.

i thought the end speech was edgy as fuck in the world's end, kinda ruined it for me

Christ, I thought nobody got what they were doing with his character when the movie first came out. This is refreshing to see.

It's good but not that funny. Shaun of the dead is better as a parody and as a comedy film.

Shaun of the Dead barely has any laughs. Hot Fuzz has a laugh every minute.

I didn't laugh tho