Star Trek Transporter

m.youtube.com/watch?v=nQHBAdShgYI

Wtf, I hate Star Trek now.

Seriously though, how can you even be willing to use those every single day?

Other urls found in this thread:

circlon-theory.com/HTML/EmcFallacies.html
io9.gizmodo.com/stephen-kings-teleportation-tale-the-jaunt-will-be-a-1691295953
archive.org/web/
archive.today/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

there's an episode of ENT where the inventor mentions this and dismisses it.

That's all they say about it, don't explain why this wouldn't be true or if their just dismissing those opinions as an old fashioned viewpoint. like their just being luddites or something.

Do die every second of your existence.

You will never see tomorrow.

You will never see next year.

You will never know the future.

You can't even form a thought without dying before it's completed. You are a frame in an animation, and your entire existence is an illusion.

You will never die because you were never alive.

This is cold hard science and nothing especially not your sad denial will change this fact.

I've got a theory. How about it just fucking transports you and that's how it works. Now everyone's happy

In Trek there is a conscious experience of being in the transporter beam, although that begs the question of what Scotty experienced when he was cycled through the buffer for 80+ years. Was it 80 years of uninterrupted consciousness?

>he literally devolves into pseudoscientfic le continuity of self magic

>shrink a human down like in the Fantastic Voyage
>shoot him down to the alien planet via a 100km long garden hose
>re-expand him on the surface

You can't shrink down a human.

You also can't convert carbon atoms into radio waves or however the fuck the transporter works.

e = mc^2

circlon-theory.com/HTML/EmcFallacies.html

Ye nigga but Star Trek is set in space. Direct energy to matter and vice versa conversion is par for the course.

>just like the inventor of every other invention defends it as perfectly fine

If in 200 years after I and everyone who has ever come into contact with me is dead and there is no living memory of me, will I even have existed?

After every 7 years your body has completely replaced all of the dead cells in your body and you are made of different cells than before. So are you still the same you, even though you aren't made of the same cells that you were born with?

cuck

t b h senpai the transporter is garbage. it's basically a low-rent clone device with a complimentary disintegrator.

even if the technology becomes possible no one will fucking use it because it's obvious that the original you gets annihilate. the first test where they don't annihilate the original will show this.

well that's not a star trek exclusive issue, that a real question about real teleportation or even cloning. But these all assume you have a soul and that your soul is the real you.

Well I'm sorry pal, it's not a magical piece of software that is unique to your programing. Your feelings are just a bunch of chem your brain literaly squeezes thro your system.

think about those multiverse/time travel episode. the other you in other time line and universe, do they share the same soul as you do?

It's getting ridiculous at some point.

And not that's not the same ship. You've changed every part of it. on the sea doesnt change jack shit, really, is this really what ancient people considered even a question?

What the fuck

>when you go to sleep to surgery you can't be sure it's you that woke up

that's fucking Jaden Smith tier of retarded pal

Well we don't really have to worry about this.
Teleportation if ever possible is so far away from all of us.

Also if anyone wants a horror story about teleportation go read The Jaunt.
Its really short but I love it.

>muuuhh nummm is doo far in da fubure numm

okay, that's never a good rhetoric and that's so much not the point

>After every 7 years your body has completely replaced all of the dead cells in your body and you are made of different cells than before.
False.

As opposed to quoting someone in a silly way with lots of Us. That is debate club rhetoric, right?

why should I put effort above yours? I'm not even arguing, I'm telling you something.

Yeah and I am telling you that nobody likes you.

I like him.

you are such a little baby, SUCC

And you are nobody.

retard

I am anonymous.

What's pseudoscientifc about it? It's a philosophical look on things and he even admits that scientifically there's no difference*, but just have the disintegrator malfunction and you have a big problem.

*the difference being continuity arguably

I haven't taken physics in a while, but that essay is absolute garbage.

>Also if anyone wants a horror story about teleportation go read The Jaunt.
>Its really short but I love it.

Looks like they're going to try and make it into a movie.
>io9.gizmodo.com/stephen-kings-teleportation-tale-the-jaunt-will-be-a-1691295953

Probably end up with a flick, though.

Oh that is awesome.

But I hope they don't show it.

Show the horror after it but don't show the actual thing.

You can, they did it in DS9: One little Ship

>giving those pricks clicks
Next time archive that shit.

how?

>Posters: instead of submitting a direct link, go to archive.org/web/ or archive.today/ or any other similar site and add the link there. You will be redirected to the captured version of the page, which will usually view better than a screenshot. Just share the link of the capture with your fellow Brothers to have a laugh too.
>Viewers: if you see that the link post has Kotaku or IGN tag near them, don't left-click the title. Right-click and select Copy address link. Then go to the aforementioned sites and archive that link, without ever opening it in your browser.

Sweet. Thanks.

>CGP Gray
Pseudo Intellectual who piggy backs off Pop Culture and Pop Science.

"Guns, Germs, and Steel" has been widely discredited, and is only valued for its counter-Eurocentric narrative.