>ye olde time dialogue
>no sex or explosions or cgi or fortunate son
>unknown lead actor
>still rakes in $252.3 million at the box office

how in the fuck

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CUiCu-zuAgM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>The Cohen Brothers remake a cult western with Jeff bridges, Matt Demon and Josh brolin
>"it's so weird it made mad cash"

>Coen Brothers
>Matt Damon
>Jeff Bridges
all very bankable

>unknown lead actor
wut

This and Meek's Cutoff are my favorite westerners since the 70s desu.

The grill

Otherwise OP is dreamin though

Well, the trailer looked like this:

youtube.com/watch?v=CUiCu-zuAgM

top lel

it was an incredible movie and i can't believe people didn't enjoy it

>he thinks the girl is the lead actor

i saw the movie, i thought it was great, but i dont like that trailer. it shows too much of the movie's plot

What about everything Clint Eastwood was in after the 70s?

nah. i don't even like unforgiven. it's too disney-edge, mean while the searchers does it way better

Yeah I never really liked Unforgiven but I always appreciated Pale Rider as a fun blend of Shane and High Plains Drifter. There's also TAoJJbtCRF, Appaloosa, Bone Tomahawk, and Blackthorn which were relatively enjoyable.

I don't know but it bored me to tears

I wouldn't call Bone Tomahawk a good film.
TAoJJbtCRF would probably be a good film if the Affleck half wasn't cut so heavily.

Bone Tomahawk was shit

>dead genre
That's what studio execs think. Those people only think in terms of trends.

>glacially slow
For the story its telling, its pace is fine. Any faster and the movie would have been over in 20 minutes. Also, for comparison, Sergio Leone always draws out the action in his westerns and his films are critically acclaimed, universally loved, and popular. So eat a dick with you pacing.

>ye olde time dialogue
Would you prefer they talk like modern people? What the fuck is the point of this criticism? People talking in a contemporary manner is a bad thing? Fuck right off.

>no sex or explosions or cgi or fortunate son
what are you, 12?

>unknown lead actor
only idiots care about crap like this.

9/10, got me mad and to reply. Well baited.

This has to be bait because there is no reason for this criticism to exist.

>Watch original
>Expect cute 60s girl
>Get this

Both wrong

It's ncie that some people think BT is a good film, it affirms I still have good taste

How much does he want for it?

I thought it was a pretty decent film, and I generally dislike and avoid westerns.

While it had those negatives you listed it also had the positives listed in the posts after. The positives probably gave it a bit of publicity that initially got people to see it, and then good word of mouth did the rest.

> thought the girl as a pretty good actress
> search her nowadays

What went wrong

The way they talked was awful. It's really noticeable when the criminal gang are talking near the end, they all talk like theatrical southern belles and it's really stilted and wooden.

Good film all round, but they went too far with the dialogue and boxed themselves into a corner.