Westworld (1973)

I just marathoned the prequel episode to HBO's Westworld.

What do I think of it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UR9u1AmwJvg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm going to regret asking this but:
What did you actually think of it? Should I watch it before I start the show?

Faggot, falling for Jewish tricks

Yul Brinner is scary
the idea that people in the future can't engineer realistically looking human hands is so naive and dated
i'd understand if it were eyes that they can't get right, but hands

If it had to be an extremity the feet would make more sense.

Brilliant idea, execution was a bit disappointing, still really good.

And it's worth it just to see where James Cameron got idea for the terminator.

but you never see the feet except for when they're fixing the robots balance. I do agree though it's weird how they can make completely realistic faces but not hands.

hands are the hardest body part for any artist to replicate

>What do I think of it?
Why dont you know what you think?
Why do you have to ask other people what you thought?
Why cant you form your own opinion?

its a meme you dip

Not the OP but I watched it too yesterday after watching the 2 first episodes of the new reboot series.

It's fairly cheap but watchable. There's a lot of goofs, mainly actors staring at the camera all the damn time and a lot of plot holes but the concept still feels fresh, which why they probably decided to reboot it.

It's also good to watch because you can see how much it influenced a lot of newer sci-fi movies.

Makes more sense to me to be honest. For example I can always guess a woman's age by looking at her hands no matter how much makeup she's wearing or plastic surgery work she's had done.

Also I think they made the hands look weird on purpose in the movie so the visitors can easily identify the robots without taking them out of the experience.

Haven't watched the TV show because I have no interest in watching it. The movie sumed things up in under 2 hours so why should I waste 7 years to see the same story retold?

pretty subpar memeing 2bh

Shill Nye the Science Guy

Marathon is not a verb. And it's not a marathon if you only watched ONE episode, kid.

Yul Brianner is underused if you ask me.

Then why does it feel like I ran the marathon?

Where is your God now, Atheist?

Hands are fucking intricate user. They either look real or are actually working.

You want your mama

It was good, esp with the twist of broland dying and the meekly friend being the survivor. I wish big budget films did this more often senpai.

>Being this new

>Brianner
are you fucking kidding me

*unclips buckle*

What'd you say?

*unclips dick*
YOU HEARD ME

THAT'S A MAGNIFICENT SEVEN YOU GOT THERE!

>Yul Brinner is scary
this

Nope. you brought 5 too many..

Bring this boy a bib

worth watching for dubsman

>Robut

4/10 first half, 7.5/10 second half.

Seriously, the first half was almost too corny for me to handle. They literally used the cuckoo sound after somebody got hit over the head with a bottle. But right after John gets shot and the Gunslinger says "draw," it becomes pretty darn good.

one of the most pleb posts ive ever seen on this board.

the third act is just one long one-note chase sequence. and its not even done particularly well. if you think that's 7.5/10 worthy, then you don't belong on this board.

the first two acts are subtle and slow paced and do a good job fleshing out the characters and world building while still retaining that early 70s sci-fi charm/cheese factor, but keeping it balanced.

This movie is actually a prequel? What about futureworld?
And why is there no medieval world of roman world in the series?

There was nothing subtle in that entire movie.

I remember seeing it as a kid a few times on some late night oldies channel. Don't remember much of the movie though apart from the scientists being dumb and missing the obvious signs and Yul Brinner being a great terminator when finally the SHTF.

Hopkins isn't in the movie, it isn't canon

>Nolan and Joy didn’t provide many other clues to what’s in store for the rest of 10-episode “Westworld,” not wanting to reveal any spoilers. But Nolan did directly answer a fan’s question about whether the show will encompass the other Roman World and Medieval World, which appeared in Michael Crichton’s 1973 original film?

>“No,” he answered, noting with a chuckle that in his years of attending Comic Con he has never given an “answer of substance.”

Fuck now i want a Yul Brinner cameo in the new series

I hope this theme makes a comeback
youtube.com/watch?v=UR9u1AmwJvg

I wonder how that reverberating string sound was achieved, sounds like a metal cable or a chopper.

Shit opinion you got there
The last 30 minutes are the worst, just a pretty boring chase scene

I thought the nerd who became sheriff would eventually intentionally shoot and kill one of the guests. He shot through a mirror so I figured at some point he was gonna get upset at another guest, wait until that guest was behind something that didn't set off the gun sensor but was thin enough to shoot through, and then shoot the person he was mad at.

My guess is some 60's-70's synthesizer.

Hes been dead for 30 years, i guess he could come back as a robot.

He was a Russian born in Vladivostok of all places. Then lived in Harbin as a child, then Paris, then got off the boat at New York. What a life, he spoke English and French, but probably Chinese and Russian too.