Will this be any good?

Will this be any good?

>Warner Bros movie

Nope it will be shit. WB producers are Sony tier.

how the fuck does redmayne get work, I can't stand his fucking face

The mc is a white male?

Call me when you have an actual strong woman leading, or Idris Elba

>David Yates
nope

No. None of the Harry Potter movies were especially good, why would this be any different?

The trailer tells me it's going to be a meh-tier blob that relies on people going apeshit over everything that has "HP" stamped on it and not caring whether it's good or not because "muh nostalgia, muh opinions, muh subjectivity"

No, why would you think that

I mean it's going to make a very large pile of money but it's not going to be good.

Its Eddie Redmayne(?). Ever since that tranny movie he has the tumblr seal of approval. So he doesn't count as a white male anymore.

ah but isn't that taking away trans jobs?

He was legitimately good in The Theory of Everything.

Now, it was the most blatant Oscar bait I've ever seen in my entire life, but that doesn't mean he didn't do a good job in his performance.

It will be better than Harry Potters 1, 2, and 4. It won't be as good as 3, 5, 6, 7, or 8.

He's a legit good actor.

>It won't be as good as 3, 5, 6, 7, or 8.

So it'll be absolute shit instead of just shit

The actual Harry Potter movies weren't any good.

Hahahahahahh contrarian faggots hahahhabahabab

It will be fairly good. It will make a bazillion dollars and get good reviews. Fans all over the globe will love it. It won't win any serious accolades, though it may end up with a technical Oscar for something innocuous like sound editing. It'll end up with something like a 78 on Metacritic.

Cred Forums, on the other hand, will pan it. They'll rage hard because it's a popular movie in a popular franchise staring a popular actor that ends up with widespread popularity. Cred Forums will continue to be irrelevant in the grand scheme of things and nobody will really care.

But does it get a 78 because it's good, or because it's part of a "beloved children's franchise" and fosters a feeling of "how DARE you criticize anything about this sacred franchise!" amongst fans?

Like, I get the first couple movies. They were pretty comfy and whimsical and whatnot and I don't have much of a problem with them, even with flaws like the child acting and whatnot. Then the series starts "growing up" and deals with more mature themes, and become more young adult than kid's films. At this point the whimsy and comfyness is gone, as well as the "It's just a kid's movie!" excuse, but people still defend them as such.

The HP universe was so fucking gay.

Have you seen the trailer

The dialogue in the fucking trailer is absolutely laughable, and already seems like a disjointed mess

It's gonna be extremely successful because hardy penor fans are desperate man and womanchildren but no, it's going to be borderline unwatchable

No. Wizards are gay. Harry Potter was stupid. Your childhood was a mistake and you should have been aborted.

Get fucked The Phantom Menace has 55% on RT, if it's a bad movie it'll be rated as a bad movie

movie was really full of shit. Would have been more interested if it showed how crazy that bitch was and the woman he left her for abusing him

>but people still defend them as such.
But you're assuming that people are judging the later films based upon a different standard. They're not pretending to be serious cinematic masterpieces. They're just slightly grown up continuations of children's movies. I'm not saying that's good or bad. Just that you can't be surprised that people love more of the same thing.

Yeah, I'm going to end up dragged to this by my gf and friends at some point. They'll treat any exasperation with it as a joke, and if any point of legitimate criticism manages to break through they'll act like it was a malicious slur upon themselves and their taste in film and lash out in fury.

>Q: if fantastic beasts has a decent score of metacritic will it deserve it?
>A: wreeeeee! phantom menace has average score on rotten tomatoes!!

Great contribution to this thread. Really nicely done.

>all of these people who can't go a full post without mentioning how the movie will be popular with general audiences even though that's not what OP asked

really highlights the contrarianism on this board

>Harry Potter

All of you are retard millenials because of this fucking shit saga. Hope you all root in hell fuckers.

You sound like an absolutely shitty friend.

>contrarian
>for not blindly raging against wb, redmayne, yates, harry potter movies in general, joss whedon, trans people, star wars, and/or stephen hawking's wife

You're right. This was a nice, civil, legitimate discussion of the likely merits of the film before all those people commenting on how it will be popular.

I'm not saying the thread is particularly vicious

It goes both ways. When I don't like something, without even going into detail about it, it's casually dismissed as contrarian or hipster or whatever. I'll take it, but heaven forbid I try to start even the most civil conversation about films in general, because someone will be offended that people think ANYTHING is wrong with Twilight or Hunger Games or whatever and turn it into a big deal.

To put it into context, I've said something as simple as "Eh, I don't care for the Transformers movies" and been sneered at with "Yeah well you hate every good movie just because it's popular".

Part of me is afraid this might be the prelude to the greenlight of many HP spin off movies, making it another "big franchise" of which we may get years to get rid off until is a dead horse...................BUT, I am actually interested, in these last years I watched the HP movies out of interest of how it would end, the ones I have rewatched where only the ones up to four, especially the first one which is a great movie on its own.

I think this world has potential, as long as they don't make the same mistake Star Wars movies are doing and just revolve it all around Sheev. (In this case Voldemort), hell not even the Hobbit could avoid keeping Sauron out.

>twilight
>hunger games
>transformers

damn dude what kind of people are you even hanging out with? I know those movies are popular but I don't think I've met anyone IRL who considers them good

it's pretty brutal if you can't even shit on literal garbage, my friends are plebs but even they know those movies are trash and I can still hate on most stuff without having to worry

Sauron technically was a factor in the Hobbit's backstory (the whole reason Gandalf supported the quest to retake the Mountain was out of fear that Sauron would recruit him) but they made him basically the direct cause of many of the events (such as the Five Armies battle)

The thing is that everybody holds that "Uh, isn't that film/show/etc. basically a joke, why does anybody like it?" feeling for something, EXCEPT for whatever it is they like.

Example: My mother likes Twilight and reality TV and shit. My brother makes fun of her for it, but he loves shit like Transformers. My friends will make fun of both of them, but don't you dare say shit about Hunger Games or Harry Potter or whatever.

I'll occasionally try to point out this inconsistency because I think it's unfair to deride somebody else's favorite show/film when one has a favorite show/film that's equal in quality or derision, but nobody wants to hear it.

You'd better hope not, otherwise there's nothing stopping that Cursed Child movie from happening.

This. The Cursed Child has shown their are significant cracks in the Rowling armor. No one fucking likes it. Sorry, Newt, you have to die to prevent this atrocity. It's for the best.

It'll be meh with good special effects. David Yates is meh.