Yo, I just watched this last night. What did Cred Forums think of it?

Yo, I just watched this last night. What did Cred Forums think of it?

a literal piece of shit. What did you think faggot?

8/10

I enjoyed it

I thought it was good. I went into it knowing that it was supposed to be a deconstruction of horror movies but otherwise didn't know what it was about. I was pleasantly surprised towards the end. The third and final act really made it, but then that was the whole point really, to build up to that act and for it to go off the rails as a horror movie.

8/10

Great movie.

A great watch but the Purge button triggered me. In what situation would you need to release all the cubes at once?

It was interesting, just wish it wasnt the whole gods need sacrifice bs. Rather they wanted to be entertained and see if humans can survive or theres a natural disaster in their area.

Wanted to see more of the monsters to be honest, what was up with the guy wanting a mermaid?

didnt scare me once this is for pussys

A fire? The construction workers building base likely didn't know the cells would be housing horrors from a time before.

But you are right; I'd have liked to have seen an interlock on that button.

A foothold scenario, maybe? If an enemy force took over the base that would be a good way to wipe everyone out and then sweep in with, well, whatever devices they used to capture them in the first place.

Not sure why there would be a big button for it though, kinda dumb

Because it's an extremely dumb and convenient plot device as seen in numerous horror movies
It's almost like they're parodying the genre or something eh

Civilizational suicide

Germany had such a button and Merkel hit it, so

totally realistic

What is it with Joss Whedon and Dutch angles? At least it looks good in this case

The metatension worked for me like no other movie. What I mean by metatension here:

I kept wanting A to happen, and the movie made me think A was going to happen. Then the movie made a turn and I thought A just wasn't gonna happen after all. Right when I was mourning that A didn't happen, then A would happen.

Examples:
- stoner guy making it to the end
- mass pandemonium where all the shit gets loose
- the sacrifice fails
etc.

So it really worked for me, but only because I got super lucky with the movie following my particular whims and somehow I wasn't spoiled at all for it and had really no idea what would happen, just that it got some positive reviews.

it's a comedy, not a horror movie

that's why I liked it, since no horror movie scares me

No way what are you crazy? What youre suggesting would mean the movie is like some sort of satirical analysis of a genre full of meta jokes and common tropes. Thats just insane, the movie is obviously a serious horror movie meant to be taken at face value.

On the subject of button pressing and things all going to shit, I fucking love this trope in the guiltiest of ways.

Can anyone recommend some button-kino?

Ren and Stimpy in Space Madness

Great tongue-in-cheek analysis/examination of horror films and tropes without taking itself too seriously

Aaand here's the guy who didn't "get it"; it's OK little fella, not everyone is quick enough to understand something that's literally spelled out for them in image and sound

hahahahahaha oh I got it now they were being ironic

1/10 utter garbage

bad movie that makes stupid people feel smart.
it's like Josie and the Pussycats for manchildren.

there's nothing wrong with Josie you faggot

I wasn't implying there was, it's a better movie than turd in the woods

8/10

would watch different versions to see what monsters different groups roll. would also like to see the other setups in other countries

10/10 keep watching it over and over fucking genius!!!!!!!

Adored this movie in theaters. I love how, for once, none of the fucking trailers gave away the twist, and they billed it at just a regular horror movie. I went to see it with some friends and laughed until it fucking hurt.

I wanted to take my gf to see it to watch her reaction as it descended into madness, but before I could, her bitchy, film student friend had ruined the whole thing for her. Sucks, man. There's nothing quite like a movie that catches you by surprise. Really hard to do this day and age.

I enjoyed it. Haven't watched in a while though.
>Oh fuck...I'm on a reality TV show

I finished this and it was probably the most metal movie I've ever watched. Pretty great.
>Do demons recognize daylight savings?

>There's nothing quite like a movie that catches you by surprise.

This is the true shit the Internet hath wrought. No way to not spoil a movie.

It was a fun horror parody. 7/10.

Probably the best American comedy films of the decade

It was a creative idea, and perfectly realized.

Deathgasm was the funniest movie I've seen since Housebound. Unfortunately, proper comedies just aren't funny these days.

one of the greatest scenes in kino history

I love this movie, I hate horror, but I loved this movie, I watched it because I saw this webm

Megas XLR

holy shit what movie is this from?!

We got it, that's why we didn't like it.
Some people like straight forward movies instead of people trying to be clever and meta. It was obvious what was happening, it came of pretentious as fuck.

what movie?

Honest question: is everybody on this board 15?

>stoner and slut are too self centered to off themselves for the fate of humanity.

My friends and I who saw it all agreed we would've killed ourselves to save the world.

Between those two and What We Do In the Shadows the New Zealanders have got a fucking stranglehold on the Horror Comedy market.

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

sauce?

Fantastic film, and a wonderful metacommentary.

It's one of the few cases where I think horror successfully met comedy. Granted, mixing the two together meant that it missed out on the best of both worlds, but it still did a fantastic job with what it set out to accomplish.

>what we do in the shadows
I still haven't seen that. Where does it rank among the other two?

It sucks. Even if you avoid hearing about it second-hand, most trailers nowadays are so full of spoilers just to get audiences in the theaters, because the executives that cut that shit together don't care if they ruin the best stuff for you.

It's like this with other shit, too. Fans of books/movies/games/comics or any kind of entertainment are always begging for scraps of information to the point that by the time things are actually released, they know too much about it and nothing is exciting or surprising.

But then, executives have also learned that audiences don't want "exciting" or "surprising" anymore. That angers and confuses them. They want comfy and predictable pandering with the same formulas over and over, so they don't have to be too stressed while munching their $10 popcorn.

What movie is that from?

There's literally nothing that gives away being assblasted about not getting it like sarcastic laughter

>literally

get the fuck away from talking to me, disgusting normie with pleb lowest common denominator taste

Damn I was going to post the .gif but I can't find wht I named it. Where he hits all these little switches and buttons and shit that go from
MISSILES
to
MORE MISSILES
to
ALL THE MISSILES

Reddit/10 im dead serious.

>Coop looking for the Save the World Button
>Destroy the World
>Destroy the World More
>Sweating intensifies
>The Save the World button is torn out

Not an argument, assblasted shit for brains.

Fag

>shit for brains
that cabin of the woods tier irony

I haven't seen Megas XLR in a long time... I should rewatch it.

>no u

Horror Kino.

Satisfying ending

This show was so fucking based.

I didn't know Cred Forums had actual taste in cartoons.

This bugged the hell out of me, too.

I mean, it sucks and all, but bitch, just fucking do it. As shitty and terrible as the situation she were in was, and how awful the whole, "grim, ritualistic sacrifice," thing was too, to save the world as she knew it, it would've been best to just kill that dude right then and there.

Granted, she was kinda fucked too, since the facility was filled with monsters and everything, so it's not like she was going to make it out alive either, but come on.

More comedy and less horror (due to the fact that it's like 90% improvised) but it's a great send-up of Vampire tropes through a mockumentary lens.

This show was on when I was younger and I knew it had badass car robots but I never actually watched it.