Did she cause any permanent damage to her female reproductive organ after stabbing it repeatedly with a crucifix?

Did she cause any permanent damage to her female reproductive organ after stabbing it repeatedly with a crucifix?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7NrS8B5glsw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

RIGHT IN THE PUSSY!

No. The crucifix wasn't long enough but there would be scar tissue.

Had to make room for the broom handle in Born Innocent .

She stabbed herself in the vagina.
Female reproductive organs are ovaries and uterus.

i thought her spinning her head 180 would've killed her

Didn't she also spin it 360? That can't be good.

And nothing was lost

I watched this for the first time the other day. Totally not what I was expecting. I was a bit disappointed things weren't linked together better come the end, I'll give them a lot of credit for just making the movie in general though.

Also anyone else think all the "lord's name in vain" cursing in the first half on the mother's part was deliberate?

Crazy shit happens in possessions, stuff that's literally physically impossible, like limbs swelling to double their size in a matter of minutes, and vomiting up nails they never ate. This movie actually played it pretty tame.

Is this movie worth watching beyond the fact that it's so big culturally if I've never seen it before?

Cred Forums do you realize possesions are fantasy right?

>Cred Forums

That would be /x/ if anything. Holy fuck you dumb reddit cucks need to go.

>MUH POL BOOGEYMAN

/x/ stays in /x/

There was /x/ thread here last month,

No, they aren't. I wish they were. It's a well-documented phenomenon that's so widespread that it appears to be a universal among all recorded human cultures. My academic specialty happens to be anthropology. Exorcism is a key rite in every religion from animism/shamanism (the standard hunter-gatherer religion that humans practiced for 90% of our existence) to Roman Catholicism. The closest that modern science has come to grappling with the phenomenon is in psychology/psychiatry, where it's treated as a subtype of dissociative identity disorder. Psychiatry has no effective treatment for demonic possession. Psychiatrists do refer such patients for so-called "cultural placebos" (i.e. exorcism, according to the patient's culture's religious beliefs), which do work. Personally, I've never encountered anyone with demonic possession, but I did personally suffer from demonic obsession as a teenager (an experience that, together with much research and soul-searching, convinced me to convert from atheism to Christianity) and in my professional work witnessed demonic infestation and heard from various clergy who perform blessings and exorcisms. I can refer you to a body of literature if you're interested in learning more. Spirits exist. God is real. Angels are real. The devil is real. Consider yourself fortunate if you haven't had to face these realities yet.

That's bullshit but I believe it.

Take your meds pham

>My academic specialty happens to be anthropology

dropped

I want to see a demon, family member

Absolutely. It's one of the best horror movies ever desu. It might not scare you much if you don't hold beliefs and some of the effects do look dated, but from an objective point of view it's a very well made, well directed horror movie. The build up leading to the final, 30-minute long exorcism is amazing and the whole final act features top-tier tension and the kind of suspensefulness few other movies from the same genre are able to replicate.

>My academic specialty happens to be anthropology.

Yes. Watched it in a theather full of annoying people laughing at the demon's voice but I still loved the film, my dad once had a copy of the Romanus Ritualis book or whatever that's in the film

Scar tissue that I wish you saw
Sarcastic mister know it all

You're a fucking idiot.

True story.

If ghosts are real where are the black ones? Also 100 billion people died in history. Wouldn't ghosts be a common sight?

Ghosts aren't "real." The spirits of the dead are generally totally inaccessible to this plane of existence, at least without the intervention of inhuman spirits. Typical ghost encounters are the work of such spirits, almost always demons.

>Watched it in a theather full of annoying people laughing at the demon's voice

What? Man, that's always been one of my favorite things about this movie. I just love how they went for a real voice instead of the usual computer moduladed shit. It's just so natural sounding, it makes it way easier to believe that Regan actually has an immortal Satanic entity inside of her

user, it's not something you brag about

Quote this post to become possessed.

The best part is that it was a woman doing the voice, she was a smoker and that fucked her voice perfectly so she could do it.

They did alter Regan's voice in certain scenes though

Triggered

Go back to /x/

This is one of the scariest scenes of all time

Yeah, apparently Mercedes McCambridge smoked like a chimney in order to prepare her voice for the role. Imagine living with someone who just naturally sounds like a fucking demon holy shit

>Also anyone else think all the "lord's name in vain" cursing in the first half on the mother's part was deliberate?

You mean how Regan's mother keeps saying "Jesus Christ" when she's frustrated or pissed off?

Absolutely.

I should add that theoretically you could contact a soul in Heaven through an angel via prayer (or in exceptionally, exceptionally rare [and forbidden] cases a medium) or that an angel could give a vision of a soul in the afterlife. Ghost sightings are usually (hallucinations aside) the work a demon pretending. I doubt that if you could contact a demon that could put you into contact with a departed human spirit that the demon would actually do so instead of pretending to be the dead soul. And contact with the "dead" through occult means such as a spirit board or a black mirror puts one rather in contact with demons.

Thanks a lot, guys. I'll watch it later.

Eh, it's okay.

I believe
youtube.com/watch?v=7NrS8B5glsw

Whom are you quoting?

Fuck off /x/. Possesions aren't real, none of your fantasy garbage is real.

d-do people actually believe this shit?