Reminder that Robert Downey Jr played Charlie Chaplin in a biopic

Reminder that Robert Downey Jr played Charlie Chaplin in a biopic

and he did a good job, so?

The height of his heroin junkie phase, you can see the beads of sweat on his forehead

It has to be bait of some kind. There's a tinfoiler theory that he was a Jew. Maybe it has something to do with that.

Easily best biopic ever
Eclipses Raging Bull

directed by the chili and sea bass guy

Better than Ghandi?

>its ababyfigs don't know that RDJ was a big time actor long before iron man
Less than Zero is pretty fucking great too.

When is RDJ gonna play Hitler?

It's fucking shit, Downey and Spader just gave god performances in it

he looks a little bit like borat

He's a pretty good actor but he's making easy money playing Iron Man

He'll never do anything that good again.

When he did A Scanner Darkly and Zodiac, I rejoiced that we had him back. Then he did Tropic Thunder, very funny as far as it went, then...

When he did The Judge it was proof he'd lost it. It was a movie star's idea of a serious drama. Dreadful. He's dead to me now.

Random early Downey thought: He'd be better in The Pickup Artist now than he was when he did it.

The Judge wasn't that bad man, it's not like his performance was dreadful, the film just wasn't that good.
Im not sure how one film can make an actor dead to you.

Because he's a huge faggot who can only live vicariously through actors performances.

He'll do fine with a proper material. Guy is (or at least was) really passionate about acting and he always does a good job if he likes the character.

Did anyone bounce back this hard as Downey did after almost destroying their career and life in general? He's pretty based

I said it was the film that was dreadful. I explicitly said that.

It's not that one film as you know, it's thinking that constitutes a return to drama after years of just lending his persona to multiplex dreck. The actor he was, is dead.

The point is that he doesn't know how to choose proper material any longer. He wouldn't know it if he saw it.

I didn't really care who he was before Tropic Thunder. Then he put on the mask and I don't care anymore.

Isn't his dad a really good actor? Or was?

Too bad that the movie was not that good

Watched it for the first time last night. I enjoyed it, I liked the classical gags here and there.

Mel Gibson is well on his way to doing it.

His dad's mainly a writer-director.

>you can see the beads of sweat on his forehead

Yeah, 'cuz he's doing Charlie Chaplin stunts in heavy makeup under hot camera lights. I know he doesn't sweat as much in the Marvel movies, but he doesn't really do very many stunts in those, it's his stunt double and fully CGI Iron Man character doing most of the work besides quipping.

Norhing about Less Than Zero was great

They butchered my fav book