Westworld - Crazy theory thread

What are yours

>Story being told in two timeframes - modern and 30 years ago.
>Will = MiB
>Hector based off Logan who gonna die

What are yours?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LeMat_Revolver
youtube.com/watch?v=b6Ijyg42ssg
youtube.com/watch?v=VlHpAXIwdpA&feature=youtu.be
dis.Cred
archive.moe/v/thread/280349352/#280356415
youtube.com/watch?v=Tt8BDwT1P0M
youtube.com/watch?v=rf2zVRKD80Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

that's also called "the reddit theory"

this 2bh
everyone on Cred Forums knows about the shrinking machines

My theory is that there won't be some big robot uprising but that most of them will prefer to stay in the park fulfilling their original function as humanity slowly implodes around them as the shit in the control room gets more and more crazy.

that would be a nice subversion.

All the robots are actually humans and all the humans are robots.
Just think about it.

Can someone explain to me why the bullets in the guns can hurt the hosts and destroy things like bottles, but not hurt the humans?

It's called fuck you don't think about it

Really though "Core Code" may as well be Nanomachines. This shit was written by Kojima.

>only 1 or 2 people in the whole show are real humans. maintenance people are AI too

Westworld is actually purgatory.

So when will a Guest kill another Guest?

everything in the park is coded to react to gunfire

like how in some FPSs you can shoot everything but not your teammates

Ed Harris is a robot.

So obvious.

I think they don't shrink people

Humanity died out years before and everyone in the show is a robot, but the guests/management don't know they are. Ed Harris has figured it out by killing their creations for years and knows that the core AI controlling them has been hiding at the centre of the maze for years, leaving clues to it's whereabouts so eventually a worthy successor can replace it.

They literally called him a guest.

So it's like Snowpiercer except Ed Harris is Chris Evans who becomes Ed Harris so he can recruit Chris Evans?

You can see the bullets hitting Harris in several scenes, you mean these are just "nano machines" coded not to penetrate real peoples clothes etc?

Who did? A character who knows as much about the plot as the viewer?

If characters told the truth, whether they know it's factual or not, is the most boring, lazy writing in existence. It removes any exploration or character development when every "character" is just reciting exposition.

He could easily be a Host programmed to believe he's a Guest and uneffected by bullets.

guns are basically a remote control that emits a beam only things inside westworld can react to including clothing.

My first theory was that the robots were just progammed to react explosively when shot, but then in Ep2, MiB shot a robot through a wall.

The only other explanation that isn't NANOMACHINES tier that I can think of is that the guests have real guns and the host guns only fire large BB pellets or something.

>Will = MiB
If true then it's a possibility that Will's love for Dolores made him into MIB.

>testing the product
w-what, whats going on

I know nothing of this show

Nope. That would cause a lot of trouble if a host ever got a guest's gun. The guns have special technology that switches what kind of bullet or how hard the bullet hits.

>Muslims continue to immigrate to the West
>they eventually outbreed whites and become majority in every country
>Westworld closes to outside world
>becomes utopian paradise
>sharia law everywhere else
>all because Clinton won

The girl is a robot, les girl from her maintenance makes out with her while guy she works with stepped away to get something

But what if a Host takes a Guest's gun?

I'm beginning to think it'll be a largely unexplained plot point, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Nanomachines weren't a bad plot device because that's all they were, and the characters and their drama weren't. Nanomachines, Core Code... It's just a means to an end, not the point of the story.

Look at Game of Thrones? It explained the White Walkers and it was both completely unnecessary and shitty, and that happened in the same season where all the characters stopped being characters and became plot devices for what? A story with no purpose?

Keeping it ambiguous will undoubtedly be the superior option for Westworld.

When they admit the first muslim

I think the hosts have some kind of bullet that only does enough damage to hurt other hosts while doing almost to nothing to guests. At least in a reasonable range, that would explain why Teddy couldn't shoot Ed Harris directly in the head in the first episode, it would hurt, maybe even kill him. Also that would explain why Dolores dig up that gun in the last episode

In the second episode they were watching him massacre that Mexican town through their holographic map thing and said that guest gets to do what he wants.

>But what if a Host takes a Guest's gun?
Why?

I see

well shit

This show is a "theory" show like LOST where they throw a bunch of shit in and let the stupid fans keep watching and generating interest online. No fucking thanks.

As far as we know they're Hosts.

Why would true management live in a house somewhere in the park when they could just have Anthony Hopkins design some doppelgangers and run it from New York?

Hell, I'd bet Hopkins is the only Guest(Human).

What did she mean by this? Seriously.

The entire thing is a game. It's all virtual reality.

She didn't mean anything. She's too short-sighted.

When that black prostitute had the supposed flashbacks, was it mere coincidence that they looked almost exactly like the plot and characters for the new narrative that was being introduced?

a guest hands one to them.

>This show is a "theory" show
Not really, people are just looking too deep. There was one twist so far, when we find out one character is a robot. Now people are trying to do that to every character. The only real thing to theorize about is the old guys plan.

she wanted to post a clickbait tweet and she knew this would trigger retards who get booty blasted with a little rape but can blindly ignore all the menbots getting murdered like it's nothing.

>was it mere coincidence that they looked almost exactly like the plot and characters for the new narrative that was being introduced?
yes

He has a pistol with two barrels, and specifically uses the second barrel (shotgun) to shoot that wall. That might have something to do with the broken wall.

>fall in love with a robot
>rape her repeatedly over 30 years

Why the fuck not? A guest drops his, the android follows his quest programming and takes the guests gun and holsters it, uses his own until it's out of bullets and switches.

There's literally a number of ways this could happen. One of the androids already found a android's gun on her front yard. What if a guest loses his gun the same way with real bullets?

That's exactly how she should feel, that's the intent.
>It's a when does AI become human series

don't be silly, there's clearly an extensive mythology that has been alluded to here. The sub level 83 storage that is clearly an abandoned part to a previous park, which indicates that it has been built over possibly many times. Why is this the case?

The only thing about this show that has me worried is the really dull and generic talk about "corporate" that the british and scandinavian actors have discussed. I'd be so bummed if le evil profit seeking corporation were an actual storyline

>As far as we know they're Hosts

That's a crackpot theory with very little basis to go off of. It's too early for you to be definitively making that kind of call.

The hosts would still have the programming that makes them unable to hurt a human. It would be as easy as making sure that they can tell when they're holding a real gun, in which case their programming would prevent them from shooting it at a guest. Or make them unable to take a guest gun to start with.

The problem would be guests wildly shooting and hitting eachother, but that might be fixed by making sure there aren't large groups of guests at one spot shooting, or just programming the hosts to dive in to body-block the shots if they see that it could hit a guest.

They did not all look like characters for the new narrative.

is that lady gaga?

and? They do nothing with it, the same way they do nothing if a guest makes them put a gun to guests head.

>men being presented as degenerate and despicable
>stupid show runners, how dare they imply robots get raped

If anything, this show supports the SJW idea of toxic masculinity. Are they really this fucking retarded?

There is mystery to it, but I don't think it's trying to fool or mislead us. I don't think we are suppose to suspect EVERYONE of being a robot.

>The hosts would still have the programming that makes them unable to hurt a human.

You haven't been noticing that they're glitching the fuck out?

>holographic map thing
It's called a magnifying glass idiot

Maybe his love turned into some sick satisfaction/obsession?

yeah nah, that would be a nightmare for the park. I'm pretty sure all the guns are the same and they're smart guns that can differentiate their target and switch ammo.

They included this scene to show that only niggers would bring their children to a murder and rape simulator.

>William starts going to park
>William meets Dolores
>William eventually falls into a delusion and falls in love with Dolores
>William believes Dolores can be sentient/he can "wake her up" or something because "something something I couldn't possibly fall in love with something that's not real, et cetera et cetera"
>Tries to "wake her up"/help her achieve sentience
>("major malfunction/incident" 30 years ago where a host massacred humans in the park)
>PRO-TIP: It was Dolores after William tried to "wake her up"
>William is lone survivor from incident. Probably because he and Dolores share a "moment" where he knows she knows who he is, whatever, and doesn't kill him
>William is given a free lifetime pass because of the incident - "That Gentleman can do anything he wants..."
>Spends the next 30 years doing anything and everything to Dolores to "wake her up" because he knows "the real her" is in there or something
>I'm guessing it was because of some sort of shocking incident that Dolores woke up so, over time, he gets more desperate and depraved methods
>Over time, he becomes MiB
>Still in love with Dolores
>Eventually because he has been there so long, knows everyone, hears most things from employees/hosts/maintenance/whatever about The Maze
>Knows The Maze is not for people but made by Ford or Bernard as a sort of built in Turing Test. If any hosts find and complete The Maze it'll prove true sentience.
>Decides to find The Maze for Dolores and show her the entrance because he's getting older.

Wait which character did they reveal as a robot?

Teddy. You kinda expect him to be human from the way he's introduced.

i really don't know. guns are one thing and i guess they can be explained away with magic bullets or something, but what about knives and arrows? how the fuck would that work? it's not like they don't fit in with the western theme either, native americans used arrows and had tomahawks and shit like that

if a host gets in a fight with a guest how in the hell would that work? they just....shut down and don't stab them?

I was reading that guests can only stay for 28 days at a time and at 40k a day for 30 years how does the mib afford it? he says he keeps coming back so what does he do when hes away, how long is he away for?

You haven't been noticing how that's a completely new occurrence that they haven't planned for, and something the park people think they have contained?

It's almost as if they might be freaking out about glitched hosts hurting living things because it would mean that they could get their hands on a real gun and then use it, disregarding their programming for the first time.

We've already seen one host unable to fire at the MiB, but only when the MiB put the barrel straight to his forehead. Why? Because even blanks will kill you if you shoot yourself like that. So the host's programming kicked in, and he couldn't shoot. Then when the MiB moved away and there was no way the shots could hurt him, the host resumed trying to shoot him. They "subconsciously" know whether they can kill or not, and only when they know that it will actually kill a guest does their programming kick in and keep them from trying. Until now.

The most obvious twist is of course that Anthony Hopkins intentionally created the bug in the new software so that his "babies" would become sentient and take over the world.

Ah yeah, kinda thought that was a given seeing as the man in black kills him at the start of the pilot while his bullets have no effect

Rich family
Maybe he was just going occasionally and now he's is there all the time after retiring.

They would skillfully miss on purpose

>if a host gets in a fight with a guest how in the hell would that work? they just....shut down and don't stab them?

Yes. Except more delicately. They'll maybe fumble and drop their knife, or they'll trip, or another host will shoot them to save the guest, opening up a new avenue of whatever quest they are on or whatever other way you can think of to mask it. The danger would be other guests being hurt, which is why the guests aren't just dropped off the train en masse, and quickly lead away on their own quests by the various hosts ready to tell them about gold mines and shit.

Surely the twist would be that he DIDN'T? They're advertising it like crazy.

They are going to bring out Yul Bryners gunslinger corpse and say this was the basis for the redesign.

Maybe hes trying to advance the human race. he already said humans peaked in their world.

You're just explaining what I'm trying to say, they're starting to glitch out, and not in the conventional manner. They're starting to create their own thoughts. Just because it's happening right now doesn't matter. I think that Ford has waited for this specific moment to come true and that's why he's so calm about it while being so boastful about his new plan.

Maybe he wants the park to be self-sustainable? Androids creating androids and them creating their own timeless community which the humans can visit.

>it all comes down to some beta doing all of this for his robotfu
>years later the park has made his robotfu pair up with Teddy

Is MIB a cuck?

Its kinda obvious whoever gave the robots access to past lives wants to create a singularity and make them sentient. I got a feeling its the black guy he seems to really care about the robots and tries to not have them recalled and mentioned how hard it is to turn them off.

>Just because it's happening right now doesn't matter.

Yes it fucking does. Because the people designing the place wouldn't have tailored the gun situation to the fact that a glitch or planned firmware update would suddenly make the hosts capable of killing the guests. As far as they've known for decades its safe to let guests have shooty guns while the hosts have paintball guns, because even if the hosts managed to get their hands on a real gun they wouldn't be able to pull the trigger. The fact that we the viewers are currently seeing a situation where the hosts are gaining the ability to pull the trigger shouldn't influence what the characters have done before this event. They're not omniscient.

Westworld degenerates into The Walking Dead with robots instead of zombies.

Might actually have better story lines then TWD if they did that ....

I think the guns are all harmless BB guns (that can break a bottle but that's it) and when pointed out on a guest, it automaticaly shoot an even weaker bullet. At point blank range, hosts are just programmed to not shoot.

Guests guns might work the same way and have an autoblock on other guests (that would be crazy to give real guns to bloodthirsty and/or drunk guests who can't immediatly know who's a host or not).

So I guess the gun Dolores dig up should be useless too...

As for Ed Harris, I think he's a host. A special host, playing with the same rules as guests but players have to find him during his never-ending quest, that would be the final level of the game.

All the "real" people are actually also robots all along

Teddy becoming the Gunslinger is my fondest wish

>Westworld degenerates into The Walking Dead
There's probably a zombie theme world in Westworld already. The Western theme isn't the only one (I want the Roman one with all the orgies)

If the Will plotline is really happening in the past it's really going to become obvious now that the theory is in the back of our heads.
We're just going to be looking for ways to link the Will plotline to anything else that is happening in the rest of the episodes.
If we can't do that in episode 3 or 4 then we might as well confirm the theory.

I guess, if you want to use that word. At least you gave me a (you). Basically what I'm saying even if it's a bit more nuanced than that.

It's possible that, despite William's best lovey dovey efforts to help her evolve or whatever, that Dolores "wakes up" the first time due to something that his buddy, the Hector guy does to her, so he eventually adopts his persona to try and force it again. Even if she likely started killing the humans because of him. Like, "it's worth it to wake her up again."

Slightly altered theory. William does successfully wake her up just before his buddy Hector does something horrible to her (because he is just there because he believes her not real or something) and she goes through her computer logic or whatever and decides that the humans must die but saves William.

So what episode will show the evil white man who has paid for a week of fucking 1-14 year old hosts?

>that would be crazy to give real guns to bloodthirsty and/or drunk guests who can't immediately know who's a host or not

Not really, if you factor in the part where the hosts quickly make the guests go off into isolated sectors of the park, where they won't run across other guests they can kill. It's only a problem in the first town, and the town is absolutely filled with hosts that can step in if a guest is about to hurt another guest. With what we've been shown the guests don't even arrive with strangers, they're always in groups where they know eachother, so they might even know for certain that everyone except their friends are hosts.

If the MiB went into town and started shooting other guests as they come off the train the security team would be ready to go in with their P90's, while the hosts in town acted as human shields for the guests.

Yeah, I'm really hoping it's not the case. Because as you say it'll just be too obvious, and I don't want anything ruined by a theory I glanced over on a Vietnamese cricketing forum.

>pistol with two barrels
uhm, what?

No, it doesn't matter when it happens because you simply cannot predict a thing like this. What if it was the earlier update that makes them sentient? Or the one before that?
It's basically a miracle and the engineers took the androids for granted the whole time.

Except for Ford. And maybe the black guy because he seems so enthusiastic for the androids. What matters is what you do with it after something like this has happened. And Hopkins definitely is doing something.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LeMat_Revolver

rewatch the second episode. He slips what looks like a shotgun shell into the middle of the gun's cylinder and then changes the hammer to hit it.

But at the same time it's a very good twist.
They could try to disguise it further by using other twists.
Like a basic "human is actually a host" twist.
If you see a specific human (actually a host) character in Will's plotline that you're used to see in "present day" then you'll think the time thing has been disproven.

>he doesn't know about multi-barrel pistols

He's talking about a Lemat, though.

the revolver has a extra non rifled barrel for shotgun shells, they focus on the shotgun shell for like 3 seconds before he puts it in the cylynder.

Honestly you are making this into a mystery for no reason.

Just make it so the guns won fire if aimed at a Guest, and the guns of the Host don't shoot actual bullets but just trigger a sensor that tells the other Host he has been shot

As far as knives and other shit, that's a non-factor since you can't guarantee 100% that people won't shank each-other even in Disneyland, so if somebody gets drunk as fuck and wants to start stabbing other Guests just have security escort him out of the park.

Yeah, they could obfuscate it a lot like that. They'd have to do it more than once, though. If they just did it once with a background character or something it would be too easy to just disregard that one as a host. So there would have to be multiple, maybe the security guys who talked about going home to their families.

Which will only make it that much more sad if it turns out to be right, and I had the impact of the twist dampened by discussing the show on here.

The robots contained are older versions of themselves. Once some became self aware they forked and robots outside of the controlled environment evolved and the ones inside did not. The ones outside, the visitors, go to Westworld in the same way humans go to museums. In this world, there are no humans.

>not fucking the horses

Normies need to leave

I think you're trying to make a completely different argument, that's not related to the original discussion about guests having real guns in any way. Or you're really shit at it.

why did the dad keep reciting shakespeare?

>Just make it so the guns won fire if aimed at a Guest, and the guns of the Host don't shoot actual bullets but just trigger a sensor that tells the other Host he has been shot

Except then you couldn't shoot glasses. Or walls. Or the dirt. Or trees.

It would explain the MiB shooting clean through that thick wall, though. Even if his custom Lemat is shooting a slug rather than what the original Lemats shot it went through the wall a bit too easy. I just chalked it up to hollywood fancy, though.

previous role was glitching forward.

I've read another story where a twist about parts of the story happening years apart had so many twists put to work to hide it.
Some characters didn't age, some were clones, some were robots, some characters were in on the plot, and the point of view of the narrator (different in each part) created a huge blindspot to hide a major difference.

The major mindfuck was worth it.
I'm sure it'll work too in Westworld if they put enough effort to hide it.

Then make it BB pellets or something

Hell make them shoot real bullets but once a Guest comes near the gun switches to blanks

What story?

Do you want to know now that I spoiled major plotpoints?

Whatever he says, don't listen to him. He ultimately doesn't want to know.

I wouldn't be surprised if his buddy Logan did something to her if the story turns out like that.

does picking up the can start dolores quest?

>Anthony Hopkins died years ago and has been replaced by a robot.
>The real Hopkins is a prick who co-created the park with another person and screwed them out of credit and imprisoned them in the park.
>That other creator is Ed Harris, whose been imprisoned there for so long that the robot Hopkins doesn't recognize him and the staff just assume he's another Guest.

Probably.

What I want to know is what quest you get for confronting the big dude who keeps walking into people fresh off the train. I'd like to think he challenges you to a fistfight, and then you earn his respect.

this is the thing noones talking about. The dad found the pic probs buried by MiB. He begins shakespeare and whispers some to dolores. She later whispers some more shakespear to tandy ho. Shakespeare is the trigger for the disruptive virus

I imagine he lives in his mom's basement (whether she's still alive or not).

I can recommend it to a friend.

>Ed Harris makes multiple references to coming back to the park and that he's not leaving THIS time
>"dude he's actually a host!"
>"dude he's been there for years!"

I'm so sick of people who don't pay the smallest bit attention. I fucking fidget with my phone through half the episode but you don't see me missing obvious shit like that.

Damn it, I forgot his buddy's name is Logan, not Hector.

That's when it was given, you fucking idiot.

What's the Will theory?

that's obvious...

Well there's theories that Hector might be based of Logan.

Clearly the guns shoot something because there is a puff of smoke when they hit MiB

>the park has remained near enough identical for 30 years
>even the robots, which as we see are routinely replaced and new narratives are introduced, are almost identical and runnig the exact same storylines 30 years later
>in the first episode Hopkins mentions how defective the androids used to be and how so much has changed
>even the cowboy who bumps into guests as they first arrive is exactly the same

Why are some people so retarded that they don't realise just how ridiculous this theory is? Do they suggest these things because they think they are clever?

will is not there at the present supposedly hes there 30 years in the past people think due to the old logo being in the dressing room. I dont think its true cause the same robots are there 30 years later and since dolores is the oldest one that would be easily 30+ years of use. I guess it could be plausible since the man in black said hes been going there for 30 years and he knows most of the robots.

it's a symptom of circlejerking redditards infesting this place

I see, interesting theory.

I'm surprised more people aren't talking about this, there's certainly more to it than that retarded multiple timelines theory

If it were, that would still fit my theory. Maybe pic related is based on the incident as well.

I like it.
Fund it.

I hope your friend likes Visual Novels.

We must prevent this timeline at all costs.

Westworld is actually hell

I like it too.

but hell is empty and all the devils are here

>When you have to prep the Host Bull

anyone else think the writing on this show is beyond cringeworthy? It's like it's out of some edgy teen's fanfic

Kek

Too bad Teddy gets btfo every time.

im le devil ama

Yeah it's just a tryhard regurgitation of old science fiction tropes and cliches. Classic Nolan.

shes mad because they wouldnt give her a role in WW even as a guest camal

What if a guest try to stab another guest ? By mistake or because why the fuck not ? What would happen ?

I wouldnt say its beyond cringeworthy its not that far along

>Its kinda obvious whoever gave the robots access to past lives wants to create a singularity and make them sentient

Ford explicitly added the code that let them access previous memories. The question is that if the level of access they have (accessing full previous builds and memories) was part of his plan, or just an unintended consequence.

they deded cause its a fucking knife. its still a dangerous place even though they have saftey protocals but they can die from stampedes or falling of cliffs and other stuff also tumbleweeds can kill you

HE ERASED HIS HISTORY AND THEN DELETED HIS COOKIES!

Ed Harris is actually a Westworld employee testing the park for flaws. That's why he can do anything he wants. After years of working there he found out that something deeper is going on and went over the edge trying to find out what it is.

and is the MIB is in on it too? Because what he's doing to jog their memories can only happen once they have those reveries updated, right? So how does it know to bury the photograph only then

Ford wants to get rid of god mode and make Westworld more of a challenge, more of a real life experience for Guests, a second life.

MIB is looking for the Maze because he's run out of other things to do in Westworld and the Maze is a promise of more, a whole new level for him to explore where he'll never want to leave

ugh I can hear it in her stupid voice

HE HASN'T BEEN THERE FOR YEARS. LITERALLY ONE OF THE FIRST THINGS HE SAYS IS "IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK"

REEE HOW CAN YOU RETARDS BE SO FUCKING RETARDED. GO BACK TO /R/WESTWORLD

I think he has a completely different endgame. I have no idea what the Maze is about desu. And I don't think he is doing anything to jog their memories.

>Because what he's doing to jog their memories can only happen once they have those reveries updated, right?

No. The reveries were put in by Ford. They don't need any intervention or traumatic event to be triggered. They are just there, accessible by every (updated) host. Whether Ford knew the consequences (such as Abernaty freaking the fuck out), I don't know.

I strongly believe Ford and the MiB have very different endgames, which storylines will merge purely by chance or luck.

The robots are gonna go CRAZY and start killing the guests!!!!!!!!!! and if u didnt alredy notice, the blonde chick is actually already broken and spreading it!

just imho tho

>Whether Ford knew the consequences (such as Abernaty freaking the fuck out), I don't know.

this is the point I am trying to make. If Ford knows that the reveries allow them to access deeper memories in full (which he has partially alluded to), then it follows that MIB planted the photo KNOWING that it would have the effect of accessing those memories and leading the chain of fuck ups. In which case, how did he come across that information about the reveries being planted?

I agree with the other user that MIB could actually be a bug testing host. but that would be so mundane an explanation

so if the reverie allows them to access past memories what broke the sheriff did a fly just fuck his whole shit up?

How do you know MiB planted the photo? I think it was simply a picture some guest dropped at some point and appeared there.

it's an assumption based on him being at the ranch previously, but the photo clearly wasn't dropped on the ground by accident

Paintballs?

I think that might've had something to do with the fact that the robbits couldn't kill anything but they were becoming so real that the sheriff's natural reflex was to kill that fly. But then the programming kicked in and fuck his shit up.

Blondie is special.

I figured it was the urge to smack the fly. It fits with the other fly scenes. You've got Teddy, who's got his programming entirely intact. He let the fly crawl into his eye without reacting at all. Then you've got the Sheriff, who wanted to smack the fly but whose programming made him glitch out as the two sets of programming interfered with eachother. Then you had the final scene where she smacked the fly, showing that her programming is not fighting against itself, causing glitches.

MOAR

Maybe like a sidekick.You just kick his ass then he'll be your personal cocksucker.

Is this what being retarded is like? We already know the guests guns can't hurt other guests. Maybe watch the show before making all these retarded theories.

>b-but teddy didn't shoot the MiB point blank

I guess you missed how MiB had pretty much embarrassed the fuck out of him and teddy had already tried shooting him several times with no effect. Occam's razor you autist, teddy realized it was pointless and just gave up. Holy fuck you spergs are going to talk about the bullets for 5 seasons when they're literally just magic science bullets that don't need explaining and are just a plot convenience

"finally we are westworld" fucking hell HBO

How disappointed will you be when it turns out there isn't an element of the supernatural or otherworldly involved in the mythology, Cred Forums? Will it reach True Detective levels of disappointment?

William Occam was a 13th century monk. He can't help us here.

>implying it's a bad thing

>teddy realized it was pointless and just gave up.

But he started shooting again right after... That's not giving up.

Female robots are all really programmed to be men without penises, everyone is now gay.

>implying it isn't

Can't wait for some dull explanation about Ford's childhood trauma or the fact that MIB is a VIP guest who's looking for the big boss at the end of the video game with no deeper meaning ;)

I think black science man is robot who made virus so he could start a revolution with his other robots

Story is mgsv. Words are the virus

>MIB is a VIP guest who's looking for the big boss at the end of the video game with no deeper meaning ;

Am I the ONLY one who think this is entertaining by itself?

lack of supernatural involvement doesn't mean it's gonna be dull

>Story is mgsv. Words are the virus

you mean Pontypool

Here’s my theory
>Be a Programmer hired onto Westworld’s initial development
>Frequent member for Cred Forums. Cred Forums has trained you well. You’re quiet the sexual deviant, so programing all these scenarios is no problem.
>Except Cred Forums has trained you too well
>You hate cucks.
>Add a snippet of code in the female hosts that will go off on the chance that any of the guests decides it would be a good idea to giving cuckoldery a try

>Be Will
>West World is open
>Will meets Dolores
>She becomes the first real ‘person’ you can talk too
>Over the course of the visit, you fall in love

>Months pass
>Since you’ve poured so much money into the park, they keep a small bit of memory in Dolores aside so that when she sees you, she instantly remembers who you are and you’re now able to keep something of a growing relationship with her.
>Unfortunately, Will is also an avid Cred Forums user. Specifically Cred Forums
>Again, Cred Forums has trained him well.
>This visit, he finds a black host and drags him back to meet Dolores
>She watches nervously as both Will and the Black Host undress, though soon, her programming forces her to start undressing as well
>”Hang on Dolores, if I remember correctly, I gotta prep the bull”
>”Prep the Bull”
>”Prep the Bull”
>Code snippet goes off
>Dolores grabs a shotgun and shoots the Bull
>Will is stunned, he hadn’t even started to prep yet.
>Dolores looks at him and say
>”I’m gonna go find your balls”
——
>Over the course of a few days, Dolores has killed nearly every host and guest in a fruitless search for Willam’s Balls.
>At this moment, watching her in all her divine red pilled fury has forced Will to fall in love with her as she kills hundreds just to find his balls

>Fast Forward to now
>Will is completely red pilled into the MiB.
>MiB’s overall plan is to get Dolores back to her previous divine fury state, but he can’t go the cuck route again, they perked that code.
>Now MiB spends months on months doing horrible things in order to see if the programer left any other snippets of code that can reawaken Dolores into the red pilled wonders ball hunting murderfucker she is.

That’s my head canon at least.

For all the negroes ITT that don't understand the concept of the fucking guns:
All guns are beam emitters and only items from and in westworld (clothes, cans, bots) interact with the beam emitted. This way, anything in the park can pickup any weapon and fire it anyone and the thing shot will behave the same way.
TL:DR; guns are remote controls that shoot (for instance infrared) beams and things react to that if they need to.

Not at all.We, normal people, functioning parts of society do find this idea entertaining.

All the guns in the park contain pellets loaded with a compound that reacts with the Hosts' skin, causing a life-like wound and blood spray. The compound is harmless to humans, shooting a human would be similar to a paintball.

When are they gonna come along and purge all these fucking filthy synths

just you and the other 16 year old Cred Forumsedditors like

Holy shit, Westword is a fucking Let's Play

Kill yourself.

>you will never play the Doloras storyline

>you will never playfully filrt with her after you come across her painting by the river

>you will never save her family from the outlaws when you arrive at her house, gunning down three like a fucking badass

>you will never sit with her on the porch afterwards and get the nerve to carefully brush aside her hair from her face as she leans into your shoulder

>you will never lay on a blanket under the stars and make sweet, passionate love

>you will never be that content

You have 10 seconds to come up with a plausible theory for all of the cringeworthy forced profanity we have heard so far.

GO!

Because he thought the MiB was just going to kill him and go. He started shooting when the MiB was going to rape his bitch. Not to mention we've seen other hoss try to shoot the MiB point blank anyways (Mexican village with the cousins). But go on keep sperging about the bullets despite them being nothing but a plot convenience

>lucie wilde.webm

>you will never injure his father from both of his legs and rape her in front of her father

Except when the MiB was shot there was clearly artefacts breaking on his body. They're bb guns, not beam emitters.

she has the perfect amount of meat on her I wanna kiss her soft cheeks

Thanks for the new pic of best girl.

poor man's emrat tbqh

mfw you realize MIB has unironically done nothing wrong yet we subconsciously see him as a villain for shooting a bunch of npc's

So whats the deal with the train? does it only have that one come every day, does it go any further than sweetwater? it has a start so the track has to have an end right.

Oh shut it. Let's assume the guns are actually beam emitters. Can you not have a certain type of cloth that reacts to this unknown type of beam?
Why is it so unbelievable that in a universe where near-sentient robots can be made but not a gun that literally shoots beams and have different materials and actual robots react to it?

Let me explain it for you:
>gun shoots beam
>beam hits bot
>bot knows to have that place explode because sensors in skin

or
>Gun shoots beam
>hits guest's clothing
>clothing naturally reacts to beam
>'artefacts' occur because of reaction between beam and material of clothing.

In case you hadn't noticed yet, literally everything except the bodies of the guests are supplied by westworld. In the case of a beam being aimed at a guest directly, the programming of the hosts (which has already calculated the trajectory of the beam) makes it so that they either won't shoot or actually will and nothing will happen because the guests are impervious to the beam.

Well if there are over a hundred narratives that run over the two week span, it would suggest most, if not all of the guests would arrive at the same time on the first day, correct? And apparently on the westworld website it says there are 1.5k guests in the park, yet we only ever see a handful get off the train

This right here. I don't get why everyone is so obsessed with doing mental gymnastics trying to fit our technology into a world that has cured death and can create robots indistinguishable from humans. Why is it so hard to except that they have magic future bullets too

There ya go

Why do people need to make theories for everything? Just watch the goddamn show, not everything is lost you fuckers.

I think hes a bad dude for raping my waifu

So why was the MiB bothering with reloading his gun if it's just a beamgun?

It makes way more sense for it to be a super-fancy sci-fi BB/paintball/smartbullet gun that takes ammo, with a bullet that reacts depending on what it hits. If it hits a host, it causes a wound. If it hits a non-host, it breaks up in a puff. If it hits a glass or the ground, it just acts like a bullet and breaks shit. They certainly seem capable of creating such a thing, and it fits better with what we've been shown than a fancy-looking NES zapper.

it LITERALLY doesn't matter

>obsessing over a plot device

autism

The bullets can just part of a counting system that tell the gun how many bullets are left.
As in:
>Check how many bullets I have left that haven't been fired
>if trigger is pulled 'empty' the current bullet
>rotate the chambers
>repeat.

This way you don't actually need any real resources for the bullets. You can just reset bullets that already exist.

protip: am embedded software student

I was thinking maybe the train had more stops further out from the central town. I guess it would be for the more experienced visitors.

Damn this fit so damn good , hahahaha

>is that lady gaga?
No its the slutty girl from the State Farm ad
youtube.com/watch?v=b6Ijyg42ssg

t. Jonathan Nolan

It actually kills me inside that I will never be able to go to Westworld in real life.

>tfw born too early

There are empty shells, so clearly they are not just resetted.

>born too late to be a cowboy
>born too early to be a cowboy

Do I woo her?

D R O P P E D

Text Message her and be sure to send a "please reply" when she doesn't reply for more than 30 seconds.

I've watched 2 episodes so far, but I don't remember them kissing.

William/Logan storyline, I think.

you only talk to aeden.

>Guest on Guest Violence

>I've watched 2 episodes so far, but I don't remember them kissing.

How the fuck could you have missed it?

Only is woo is code for "rape".

I was making popcorn...

Well yeah, that's kinda obvious. So is that black brothel madam. The vector is some sort of a phrase.

I don't think so. I think the show runners want the viewers to see the similarities in his character with the original Yul Brenner character and have them think he's an android. I think the reality is what OP said. There are 2 time frames being shown and Will is a young MiB.

>She will never do maintenance on your reusable rocket
Why live

Fuck you.

She played Angua von überwald. Pale skin and red eyes with mascara work really damn well on her.

oh my fuck

Did you know that she is a real robot made by Elon Musk himself?

Ed Harris is a former host who is now playing.

What? Popcorn's important.

>rape her repeatedly over 30 years
Don't be silly user, he doesn't rape her, he's upgrading her.

Don't reply for me, fag.
No idea senpai, I remember her doing diagnostics or some shit, I must've looked away when she started kissing her.

JDIMSA

Can it fart into my face?

That was my post cocksucker

The creators of Westworld liked Deadwood.

Both in-universe and meta.

wtf? I hate camels now

Most redpilled show ever.
> Anthony Hopkins starring as George Soros
>Droids are the Hosts who are coming to know the truth of their reality(being redpilled by a virus)

>elitist merchants coming to westworld to do whatever they want without repercussions.

Droids are awakening.
>

youtube.com/watch?v=VlHpAXIwdpA&feature=youtu.be

your theories are all stoopit

In the future, "fuck" doesn't have any negative connotations at all.
It's just a word like "um" or "ah". A catchall.

so just like now?

How many times do you all think he has cum in her? Is he the only guest that does it to her?

Two timelines thread isn't too crazy.

>We know dolores is one of the oldest hosts
>Old guy with treasure quest isn't seen in first ep when teddy comes in to town
>We don't see any of management looking down at westworld when will is there, like they do with the man in black
>Don't see will with any other recognizable hosts

If this is legit it can't really be kept up past another ep though.

Shrinking machine tier theory

Or that nothing we've seen so far exists in the real world. Guests plug themselves into the virtual world along with the people who work there.

Except Will was with the ugly hooker host.

If Will is the MiB, how is it possible they'd meet each other then?

Stupid theory.

Guys... listen, guys just listen to my theory and screen cap this.

There are no more "true" humans anymore. The closes we have are the older Androids and newer Synthetics that live in Westworld. The people we see walking around aren't humans at all but a alien race and are living in another "park" outside Westworld to experience how humans lived with Planet Earth still existed and tried to mimic and copy everything before the world imploded ether by the sun going super nova or from our own retarded asses nuking everything.

The Androids and Synthetics are what remains of the human race.

1/10, you made me reply because I thought you were serious for a split second.

IMAGINE having to be the maintenance worker that has to clean out the old, still moist and smelly jizz out of the robot prostitute's cunts and assholes.

Is that what he was saying? I couldnt understand any of it. Seemed more like he understood his reality, and could remember what has happened in the past.

There is probably a hidden port for that. They just plug a water hose and everything gets washed out.

>tfw it's been nearly a whole decade since St. Trinians came out

I wish time would slow down (._. )

What was the ending about? What's anthony hopkins planning? What was that cross at the end about?

She ain't ugly boy.

i was thinking it was some sort of marker point like off limit boundries

Suck my cock, dude.

So before I begin with my small theory. That's the top of a old church that they use to have in the Wild West of the US (not sure where you're from user so bare with this post).
>Image related
This would suggest that the older versions of West World are below ground, similar to how the creator of the Park was in a lower, older version of the Park taking to an older Android.

In fact the brief area we see of the old West World "entrance" (just calling it that for shortening) is similar to what it looked like in the old movie that came out back in the 80's(?) so I'm guessing eventually we're going to see more and more of the old park and more references from the original movie to some degree.

This image wasn't a great example of the top, here's the top of one similar to what we see in the show. Mind you, all churches vary

Someone may have already put this out there, but..

In episode #1, park staff mentioned they hadn't had a failure "in over thirty years".

> This failure is the one featured in the 1973 movie.

The personalities of William & his friend mirror those of the main two guys in the movie.

> William is Richard Benjamin's character from the movie; his friend is James Brolin's.

In the movie, James Brolin's character is killed by a host. I think we'll see the same happen to William's friend, & this will trigger his transformation from good, timid 'White hat', into cold, driven 'Black hat'.

Also, parallels between episode #1 & episode #2 interactions with Dolores - picks up the can, clearly a 'moment' there..

I think it's more symbolic, within that world religion (presumably an old storyline related to it) has been buried and forgotten, replaced entirely by sin because the owners know that's all guests really want.

Hopkins seems ashamed of this, he's the only one who does. I think we'll get an end of the world, judgement day scenario. And it will all go horribly wrong.

>We don't see any of management looking down at westworld when will is there, like they do with the man in black
we don't see the one eyed man in any other scene except for when will is there, we don't see him in the first episode when they introduce Teddy and they arrive somewhat at the same time during the park storyline (think they mentioned that things reset once a week)

other thing i noticed is that in episode 2 will is seen choosing a hat showing the white/black options, implying the old good/bad wild west character, and at the end of the episode Hopkins wears a black hat meaning he sees himself as a bad guy

and a last thing, in futureworld they start using robots to run the park to eliminate the human element (to err is human), so with that in mind i've always thought boss lady's a bit awkward; could just be her being a bad actress could just be that she's a robot but i'm leaning towards robot

These violent delights have violent ends - romeo and juliet

Hell is empty and all the devils are here - the tempest

By my most mechanical and dirty hand - henry 4

I shall have such revenges on you both what they are yet I know not but they shall be the terrors of the earth - king lear

That movie is set in the 80s. That would mean the show is set either in the past, or in the next four years.

For everyone: Don't come here anymore. Cred Forums is run by Tyrnos, Kaito Hasegawa and their friends. And moot the c. u. c. k. is helping them (yes, his last news was a big fat lie)

---------------------------------

hey moot, take Cred Forums offline for a few hours. The spammer is here again

Don't tell me, you thought I would stop? Just because you wrote a fake news?

>Retarded and/or aggressive shitposting
>Hard samefagging
>Poorly written posts
>Viral threads for Scarjo and her movies
>Trying to sound smart, although they have no clue. About anything
>Posts with the terms "enjoying", "it's fun", especially in a defensive manner
>Forced generals (/hor/, /cape/ etc.)
>Against every board culture, particularly lolis, cunny etc.
>Responding to very old posts
>YIFY is good (usually against everything from each board)
>Generally, every stupid and/or aggressive post
>Destroyed /lbg/ and /swg/ threads

If you see one or more of these points, then you can be almost sure that it's someone
from the german forum Anipodium (according to the animation textboard, check that place).
Don't let that subhuman trash go wild on Cred Forums and other boards!

dis.Cred Forums.org/read/anime/1392740610/200

You nazis are now embarrassing yourself on other boards too? Quite something

>Samefagging so the other guy need to understand he is wrong
>Enjoy
>Opinions aren't absolute, each one has his own
>But my opinion is correct, you're wrong and the game is a 7/10!
>YOU are mad!

>Hard samefagging
>Poorly written posts
>Posts with the terms "enjoying", "it'

For everyone: Don't come here anymore. Cred Forums is run by Tyrnos, Kaito Hasegawa and their friends. And moot the c. u. c. k. is helping them (yes, his last news was a big fat lie)

>Hard samefagging
>Poorly written posts

If you see one or more of these points, then you can be almost sure that it's someone
from the german forum Anipodium (according to the animation textboard, check that place).

>Enjoy
>YOU are mad!

>Hard samefagging
>Poorly written posts
>Posts with the terms "enjoying", "it

>Hard samefagging
>Poorly written posts

>Enjoy
>YOU are mad!

>Hard samefagging
>Poorly written posts
>Posts with the terms "enjoying", "i

It's the first time I ever reported a post

HUE HUE HUE

Daily reminder that Shakespeare was Catholic.

the picture he found triggered his mind into searching through all of his available memories but when that failed the update, that was mentioned in the same episode, made it possible for him to access older memories. because of this his memory got corrupted and impossible to salvage
why he cited Shakespeare however could be because he was not programmed to express those kinds of thoughts and had to again delve into his old memories to find the words and sentences necessary to express his unscripted emotions

I don't mean it too literally - the two main characters in the 1973 movie have different names, for one. Rather, their stories & personalities are mirrored by William & his friend in the show.

The show has already alluded to this 'critical failure' thirty years ago, & I feel we're supposed to imagine it as the events of the movie. The timeline as a whole has merely shifted forward - instead of the park opening in the eighties, perhaps it opened in the mid 21st century.

Also, Ford mentions how the very first hosts could be identified by a handshake - this is also how the hosts give themselves away in the movie.

>tfw had the main theme and train theme on loop for hours

>Hard samefagging
>Poorly written posts

>Enjoy
>YOU are mad!

>Hard samefagging
>Poorly written posts
>Trying to sound smart, although they have no clue. About anythin

>Hard samefagging
>Poorly written posts

>Enjoy
>YOU are mad!

>Hard samefagging
>Poorly written posts
>Trying to sound smart, although they have no clue. About anythi

>'critical failure' thirty years ago
Or maybe the park has existed for about 30 years total, and they never actually had any critical failure, and that's the reason the number gets thrown around everywhere? Anyone ever considered that?

>Hard samefagging
>Poorly written posts

>Enjoy
>YOU are mad!

>Hard samefagging
>Poorly written posts
>Trying to sound smart, although they have no clue. About anyth

it's pretty good i admit
youtube.com/watch?v=Tt8BDwT1P0M

the critical failure theyre mentioning is the event that happened in the 73 movie

Of course.

However, if that were the case, wouldn't the scriptwriters (& the characters) instead opt for "the park has never had a critical failure"?

The wording suggests there has been a critical failure thirty-ish years ago, & if there wasn't - then we're looking at either a pretty shitty slip-up in the writing, or a nonsensical intention to mislead.

Both possible of course, but unlikely in my opinion, given the quality of the scriptwriting elsewhere throughout the show so far.

No it's not. The movie is set in 1983, and the series is clearly set in the future.

>tfw still no good version of the train theme and yt is full of that trashy intro theme

Why is the best track so underrated

I believe the evidence is there, to suggest the timeline as a whole (movie & show) has simply been shifted forward to allow for the show to have some semblance of continuity with the movie.

youtube.com/watch?v=rf2zVRKD80Q
best one i've found friend

There is no continuity. The show is inspired by the movie, nothing more. It's what people like to call "reimagining" these days.

>Hard samefagging
>Poorly written posts

>Enjoy
>YOU are mad!

>Hard samefagging
>Poorly written posts
>Trying to sound smart, although thy have no clue. About anything

Also, the 'Westworld' logo displayed in the station when William gets off the train, is different - & distinctly more "retro", than the one we see elsewhere in the park.

>Hard samefagging
>Poorly written posts

>Enjoy
>YOU are mad!

>Hard samefagging
>Poorly written posts
>Trying to sound smart, although ty have no clue. About anything

So, there's a Westworld, but what's BEYOND WESTWORLD?

It's a homage, more than anything. I'm not for a moment suggesting it's completely literal - the main character in the 1973 movie isn't called William, for example.

>Hard samefagging
>Poorly written posts

>Enjoy
>YOU are mad!

>Hard samefagging
>Poorly written posts
>Trying to sound smart, althoughy have no clue. About anything

what did they mean by this

>Hard samefagging
>Poorly written posts

>Enjoy
>YOU are mad!

>Hard samefagging
>Poorly written posts
>Posts with the terms "

Even Bad Guys love their Mamas.

>Hard samefagging
>Poorly written posts

>Enjoy
>YOU are mad!

>Hard samefagging
>Poorly written posts
>Posts with

>Hard samefagging
>Poorly written posts

>Enjoy
>YOU are mad!

>Hard samefagging
>Poorly written posts
>

Where the fuck are mods? Waifu threads get banned with 100% efficiency while this fucker can just get away with this bullshit.

That boy talking to anthony hopkins was a younger version of himself and he is a robot himself

Nanomachiens with flesh-detection. The instant it detects flesh it dissolves into smoke as seen when the MiB gets hit in some scenes.

It may also be super computers controlling it. Remember the big control room where you can see and zoom in on anything at all at any moment? Any type of computer powerful enough may be tracking all bullets and turning them to smoke when they hit a human. The same system may also work for improvised weapons, arrows, and knives. The real problem would be guest on guest fist fights.

so does westworld have any connection to any Phillip k Dick writing or does this show merely imitate it?

it was originally a screenplay by crichton, you astronomical pleb
>tourists don't know this is some super colon crushed spammer, probably cunnybot or the krager/blacked fag with their shit in a twist over something the mods did
>they don't know he's just evading
>they don't know hiro's mods are so inefficient they can't do shit about it no matter how many people report him
>mfw he probably WANTS to be rangebanned anyway

and anyway, it's all connected, so don't trouble yourselves too much

it will take care of itself, i promise

it was created by michael crichton, a perfect system falling apart is his stick

>yet more modified bot posts

See. I told you! This shit is till here and I get a warning. Really makes you think.

hiro doesn't pay them enough anymore

Robots slowly show they have more humanity than humans
Humans are being used to push robots into the next stage of evolution.
Humans are going extinct so need to change to robots.
robots were once human
everyone is a robot at different stages of freedom
the maze is the exit
the maze is a doorway to the past/future
the maze is a door to another maze
the maze is nothing but a trip back to the beginning to do it all again
westworld is a front for aliens, who feed off human emotions
westworld is a front for human enslavement
westworld isnt real, it's all a simulation of a simulation
westworld is a front to make military killing AI weapons and a police force to take over the globe
Robots are just dreaming westworld and all the inhabitants

...AND THE JEWS ARE BEHIND IT ALL!

DAMAGE CONTROL DAMAGE CONTROL DELETE THEM QUICK NOW HE'S POINTED THIS OUT!

under rated post.

Couple of things I don't understand about this series.

So the hosts are experiencing a sort of Groundhog Day where the experiences/day is the same so the guests have a roughly similar experience (e.g one of the two guys knew about the treasure hunt from an earlier trip), but when does the reset happen? Someone like MiB could just kill everyone in sight, making for a pretty boring visit for the rest.

The show isn't exactly clear on how this functions.

It probably resets at different rates from the middle town out and individually. Like is no one takes the quest, it just loops until someone does. Like how you see one group asking for volunteers to find the killer. When people go on that quest, the hosts stop asking every day and the quest begins. It probably lasts several days/weeks.

yea and Williams kills Teddy to rape Dolores. sounds right

Are you a retard? It's a cross at the top of the church we saw half buried earlier and that Hopkins said he was looking for

How can you be so thick

>tfw scarfu is going to be in all the remaining episodes

she seems to be important enough to be on the poster

The child robot Hopkins talked to in Ep. 2 was designed to be him as a child
>both had british accents
>when he said his father told him that only boring people get bored, the kid his father told him that to
>kid's clothing style and his were almost identical

The thing I found interesting was when Hopkins and the kid saw the church/tower/monument that he later revelaed to be part of his new story line, he told the kid robot to run along now and not to return here, showing some level of protectiveness further reinforcing that he was modeled after himself.
But what is the danger of this new storyline that he has supposedly been working on for so long?

I figured that was the script or whatever for the new storyline being imprinted into her.

Introducing religion

I dont think theres more to it other than

DUDE FUTURE OF GAMING LMAO

You don't 'think' period

My hookerfu (Rami Malek's ex girlfriend, not Thandie) was the lesbian slut in American Horror Story. Huh.

Rekt

Hope her part grows.

Every fucking thread till you like it

So how the fuck do humans distinguish other humans? what if one person kills another by accident?

Just finished the Westworld film. Does James Brolin look like Christian Bale or what.

If he love Dolores then why he rape her?

the miniaturizing process makes people more aggressive

His semen contains nanobots that corrupt her code.

Love makes people do crazy things, user.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKKKKK

you're only assuming he raped her. might have been playing it up for any staff watching and given her the red pill inside the barn

>We thought a lot about this. In the original film, the guns won’t operate guest on guest, but we felt like the guests would want to have a more visceral experience here. So when they’re shot it has sort of the impact. They’re called simunitions. The U.S. military trains with rounds like the ones we’re talking about. But there’s a bit of an impact, a bit of a sting. So it’s not entirely consequence-free for the guests.

Loosely translated she said "I'm an insufferable cunt."