Has there ever been a movie better at triggering an overwhelming feeling of nostalgia?

Has there ever been a movie better at triggering an overwhelming feeling of nostalgia?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jNNE7oXntEo
youtube.com/watch?v=jfTVu66jGes
youtube.com/watch?v=XpnZbf59aeE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Stranger Things is not a movie.

I watched this the other day, gave me an overwhelming feeling of childhood innocence, endless summers and the early 2000s and prime alexis bledel

Stephan King may get shit on for his work, but the man knows how to capture the feeling of being a kid
just re-read this and noticed how much it reminded me of my summers when I would play with my friends in the woods. In between the monster stuff it really gives off that nostalgic vibe

I haven't come across one. Stand By Me is pretty much GOAT. Like says the "normal" parts of It are close in the book to that nostaglia-feels that SBM produces. It's a shame the Miniseries fucked it up and that there's almost 0% chance of the remakeboot being any good.

that movie is for girls

I know

Honest question, do women enjoy Stand By Me just as much as men do? I don't know, it seems to me that girls and boys usually have very differing childhood experiences, and Stand By Me seems to represent a very "male-centric" version of childhood.

I'LL RIP YOUR HEAD OF AND SHIT DOWN YOUR NECK!!!

>being this insecure
girl movies can be fun

Who did this to you, Corey?

Superior 80's nostalgia movie coming through.

youtube.com/watch?v=jNNE7oXntEo

youtube.com/watch?v=jfTVu66jGes

youtube.com/watch?v=XpnZbf59aeE

Wait, is that the kid with the weird eyebrows that was in Mazerunner?

What happened to Corey? Is he Michael Jackson?

Boyhood was kind of a pop culture show-reel for the last twenty years. I don't hate it as much as some, but it would've been a lot better if every scene wasn't a pop culture reference.

Superbad

He was doing OK for a bit, but I do believe he partly blames himself for Haim's death & is going off the rails.

nope

maybe the goonies

I've seen nothing but hate for it on Cred Forums. But I wonder if it struck a little too close to home.

so... michael jackson really fucked this kid huh.

How the hell does Napoleon Dynamite engender any nostalgia?

/ascension/

80s horror flicks bring me a lot of nostalgia. I grew up in the 90s.

How many of these kids were molested?
Did anyone of them manage to escape Hollywood's pedos.

They had healthy, prolfiic sex lives, I'm sure.

>tfw watched it in high school because the teacher couldn't be fucked and was thoroughly unimpressed

Who would have thought back then that Corey Feldman would grow up to be the next Michael Jackson, in terms of both mindbending talent and overall iconicism?

At least for me.

I am a girl and Stand By Me had a huge impact on me. I see what you mean, it could probably move me even more if I were a guy, but it still got to me on many levels.

>I am a girl

Where I come from, girls and boys hung out in the same crowd during childhood.

Mah nigga

The Tree of Life is a huge nostalgia trip for me.

You can relate to characters on an emotional level without necessarily relating to them personally

That was basically my high school experience.

Good thread idea. I want some childhood feels, those hurt the sweetest

Where's that? Fagland?

Problem Child 2

it was charlie sheen, thats not even a secrete any more ... the question is who watched and said nothing

>“I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was 12. Jesus, does anyone?”

Literally really makes you think.

>Prime 2000s Girls Pal Kino

Those were the days, guys.

Crispin Glover is where? Cause he he could be a muse if he wasn't so bat shit insane.

Cory Feldman is in need of help.

Crispin Glover is lost.

>night of the comet

me to bro.
was just saying in another thread how a lot of films became cult hits due to video rental/playing on tv, that werent big hits on release.
when i think of my childhood, i think of these types of movies.

I was more of a Sandlot kid.

also good at making you cry like a bitch

this

bru that movie isnt very old

I was the fat friend in my group from highschool to sophomore at college and my friends joked around how we couldn't do something like this movie because they'd have to buy jeans my size to fit them all.

Fuck this movie.

The book was written in the 70's you twat and the movie still carries some of that feeling

>80s horror flicks bring me a lot of nostalgia. I grew up in the 90s.

Then that's not nostalgia, you idiot: that's romanticism.

ASCENSION

whatever you say you 12 year old faggot

Why are girls so mean to other girls?

this movie was shit

the kids were assholes. they constantly sweared. also will wheaton is a fucking ashole. Some of these kids were didled on the days they shot this movie. One of them even commited suicidde because of that. Think about that you prick

who?

Oh River lol nvm i always forget he existed

>this upset over bantz

Triggered : The Post

1 Rivers Edge
2 Predator
3 Empire Strikes Back
4 RoboCop
5 High School High

literally kill yourself you schmuck

that movie is a good bet.

It's funny that it was made as a nostalgia piece for people who lived in the 60s and who had the same conversation we are having now, in the 80s

fuark

>we couldn't do something like this movie

why, what's the plot?

is that Ethan Hawke?

There was an anime of that wasn't there?

>a bunch of "normal" sized girls share a pair of pants

fat shaming: the movie

I doubt it, but then I don't follow anime so I guess it could be possible.

as in, they travel in it? all of them?

I don't fucking know, I've never seen that piece of shit. just google it

the feeling of when you had friends who did shit other than sit around and drink. Yeah I miss those days.

you won't get very far in life by googling it.

Or by keeping googling diets

sober kid is mad !

I've dabbled in drugs and alcohol myself. It's just boring now and I can't help but remember how much more fun I had when we were kids. Nothing you can do about that though.