Pirating is killing the film industry

Pirating is killing the film industry

youtu.be/bYmm_QrF618

good.

So be better at providing me your content than the pirates. It ain't hard

That's a good thing.

Let it die, maybe it will be reborn into something that isn't garbage

thank god

Nobody wants to pay for a shitty movie starring some shitty youtube celebrity.

this

that

I wish I was Laid In America™

Have a little respect

Same fag

Literally who tho?
Some round-the-block nignog made a movie and now he's angry that people are stealing it?
First time a black man condemns theft.

This will just make people pirate it for spite.

Let's not turn this into a race thing

>Laid in America
> British

Serious question, though. If everyone pirates everything how does anyone make money/survive/continue to make this stuff?

Not memeing. Asking if there are legitimate models out there that will be any different than current alternative? Or if they'll just be alternative models eventually leading to the same thing?

What I mean is, my current cable package is something like $150/month. Sure I have a ton of shit that I never watch.

I also have Netflix, Amazon Prime. So let's say I cut the cable cord and go all streaming services.

My internet bill + Netflix + Amazon Prime + HBO Go + Whatever else, and I'm already back up over somewhere over $100/month, not factoring in all the other shit I'm missing out on.

Pirating just sounds like Communism to me. Sure, it's a great theory, I guess, but it'll never work in the long run.

For the record, I'm not a shill. Fuck Cable companies. I don't give a fuck. I'm honestly asking what you guys think is a better model.

I mean you can't believe that everything should be free, right?

No one cares about a fucking youtuber movie. What a dumb cunt, I ain't paying £15 for a piece of shit with some amateur cunts that aren't doing anything special. Retard actually thought he was gonna be some big star on this, I fucking hope it flops, never liked KSI, stupid dick in throat sounding bitch. Thinks the world owes him shit cos he's black and was on youtube. Bitch ain't even funny.

I feel like pirating is the only thing that is going to drag the distribution industry, kicking and screaming, into the new century.

Content is king. People will pay for good content. They won't pay for shitty content.

I pay for things I like, I pirate films and music all the time, if I like it a lot I buy it physically or I buy some artist merchandise.

The truth is artists don't tend to lose money from pirating, companies do. Actors, Musicians and production staff are paid at rate or a lump sum, they don't get percentages on profit (Unless you're someone like RDJ) the people who are "hurt" are the multi billion dollar companies like Sony or Paramount.

I'm not saying pirating doesn't have an affect on the industry but in the long term people will ALWAYS buy things through the correct channels when they like shit or have a good amount of money. You only need to look at summer blockbusters, people dumped literally billions of their own money to see the avengers films. If pirating truly hurt the industry those films would have flopped.

>Serious question, though. If everyone pirates everything how does anyone make money/survive/continue to make this stuff?

The problem with this manner of thinking is that pirating isn't stealing. I'm not taking money out of their pockets, there will always be people with disposable income willing to pay for content

Also, just because someone pirates doesn't mean they don't also pay for other content, or decide to buy it afterwards. The only major change is that as consumers we are no longer "forced" to pay for content, so we can be more selective about where our dollar goes. If you want my money, you better make a damn good product that I actually want to support.

Look at crowdfunding. If people were actually refusing to pay for shit and killing the industry, why is that such a big thing now? They're just pickier now because they can be

The only reason studios whine about piracy is because they don't want to change, they're lazy

>If everyone pirates everything how does anyone make money/survive/continue to make this stuff?
I guess they don't. Oh well.

Get back to me when studios can no longer afford to produce films with $200mil budgets.

The way to stop pirating is to stop making movies.

I don't disagree that they have to adapt and that, for lack of a better word, OnDemand Content, is the future.

I just don't see it being any less expensive than it is now, I guess. Maybe even more expensive than it is now. And that's one of the main arguments I hear from people. "I'm not paying for stuff I don't want anymore."

Of course no one wants to see a shitty Youtuber movie and the content has to be good to make you want it.

For 2 or 3 $ i would go to the cinemas, not for 12-18 $ .

a lot better ways to spend 16 pounds than a shitty fucking blu ray

>load nigger

disliked and closed

They sometimes makes great content

>Laid in America
>t. Youtube Faggot That Has Nothing To Offer The World Outside Of Melanin Fueled Outrage

>angry negro yelling in my face
>can't shoot him because he's not real
stop it OP, just stop it

god i fucking hate KSI and i'm not even a "Cred Forums rascist" he's a cringy misogynist prick, how he got famous i'll never know. He also seems retarded as fuck in his vlogs, showing off all his booze for ALL THE PARTIES and what not (like a 14year ol' kid that just started drinking9) his friends always seems mildly annoyed by him, understandably so

BUt worst of all! The way he talks, what the fuck is that? It's like he has this really, really minor speech impediment that doesn't make him sound like someone with an speech impediment, just a retard that can't talk properly, Seriously what is that? It's like a lower lip lisping or something. Lastly is that really the way people in watford talks? His accent is completly fuckt

>The movie won't get a sequel because of piracy
>Not because it's a terribly rated film that's only being released in the UK and Armenia of all places

>most illegally downloaded film of last month
[citation needed]
>links some song that he's done with only 100k viewers
>his movie is somehow going to be more popular than some blockbuster flick
>biggest name attached to movie is that asian from MadTV decades ago
>this is the most popularly pirated movie for two months
>biggest name is "Heeeee lookalikeaman"

No, what's killing the movie industry is lazy shitty movies that they expect people to pay to go see. Why would I do that when I can watch it for free in the comfort of my own home and get completely shitfaced while doing so?

Maybe if Hollywood made movies worth seeing, instead of endless remakes/reboots and piles of capeshit, more people would be going to the theaters.

But no, blame it on the consumer for not willingly eating shit instead of holding yourselves to any higher standers. It's obviously not your fault movies are terrible, its faggots like me who refuse to get ass raped at the theaters

>£15.99
for one fucking film
people actually do this

what's it with youtubers and using fake voices? We all know that isn't your real voice fucking talk normal

Another killer of movies: entitled hacks who demand people see and value their work.

Your work has been valued. It's just lower than you'd like it to be.

youtube star killed the movie star

I agree with these. If it wasn't for pirating over the years there would be shitloads of TV shows and films that I would never have discovered or tried and ultimately ended up paying for later.

dumb nigerian cunt

if he made his song for free why not have it available to download

His audience is kids, kids dont have fucking money to pay for this shit. 1/10 might beg mommy and daddy to buy the movie for them everybody else will just download it. What does he expect?
Looks like an utter shit movie anyway.

This he should stick to making shit YouTube videos instead of shit films

Can anyone hand me the download link for his film?

Many thanks in advance.