Max_payne

worst casting choices ever?
Mark Wahlberg as Max Payne
Mila Kunis as Mona Sax
Fucking Ludacris as Jim Bravura!
they also fucked up the whole story! they even added demons!
what were they thinking when they made this movie!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PZfaSNoZ6L0
youtu.be/QPI4sINfrTA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Wahlhberg as Payne was fine.
The rest of the casting wasn't and neither was the story.

Jon Bernthal would have made a good Max Payne.

Never should've been a movie. 9-part miniseries covering the trilogy would've been GOAT.

VALKYR
FUCKING
SHITS

I wish someone would adapt the Max Payne feeling(noir, verbose, dark humor, but still serious and dark) to a series. It doesn't even have to be Max Payne, those things can be applied to other settings/characters I'm sure.

no, he wasn't. he doesn't have the look or the voice.

He looks pretty constipated.

I don't think the casting was the problem with that flick.

I remember thinking the movie at least looked good, but some visuals are all I remember from it so I'm guessing everything else sucked.

Love the games though. MP 2 is my favorite, I'll rush through it about once a year in a day or two. First one has the best story, third one is probably objectively the best but it doesn't feel as comfy as the first two.

>third one is probably objectively the best

Gameplay wise maybe

Who would you have cast instead of Wahlberg?

I really liked how they made the grimy noir setting work in sunny Brasil. I also liked the NY levels.

Johnny Knoxville

johnny knoxville looks like max payne in the first game

A vietnamese

Are there any movies with the same kind of over the top neo noir vibe to them as Max Payne?

2 > 3 > 1

Why isn't Max Payne 2 on Playstation Network REEEEEEEEEEEE

Any toaster could run it.

>3 > 1

Max Payne was inspired by film noir and John Woo movies to begin with and had a linear and perfectly adequate story mostly presented through comic book panels, but of course even then Hollywood managed to fuck up the adaptation.

Sam Lake

For Max Payne 2.

That's what I mean, it has the best technology and mechanics behind it by virtue of being released later with Rockstar budget/technology/innovation behind it.

But yeah, I like the first two better (which also had good technology and budgets for their time).

The playstation ports are the worst versions of the Max Payne games. Loading screens where they don't exist on PC and way worse textures. Just get it on PC, you can probably even play it on your mom's laptop.

Who did they cast as the vietnam fucking shits?

they're needs to be a new game set in NYC like first two. it's been too long since i've played a really good urban game. doesn't even need to be open world.

hmm, I'll do that, thanks. It never even occurred to me to play the PC versions, I've always associated the games with Playstation.

Does anybody else think Wahlberg has a very simian visage? Like very caveman or early unevolved human? When I heard that he was in Planet of the Apes, I was like "that makes sense."

its his brow. it dominates any one of his expressions. like it commands the rest of his face to its shape

playing the second one on pc currently. can confirm it's a way better experience than i had on xbox. tho that might be because i accidentally overrode my only save file when i was bored fucking around in the tutorial on the first one after getting halfway through it

youtube.com/watch?v=PZfaSNoZ6L0

unfuckingbelievable

Garret Dillahunt

IT'S PAYNE! GET 'IM!

What does BB stand for? Backstabbing Bastard?

Honestly? If I had a billion dollars who would I cast?

Dean fucking Winters aka Dennis Duffy aka Mayhem. He looks like him, sounds like him, and it would launch an amazing actor out of the C list and into the B list.

Anyone who says different
A) knows nothing about Max Payne, and/or
B) doesn't know shit about casting

PAYNE?

For you

>worst casting choices ever?
I liked it.
>they also fucked up the whole story! they even added demons!
I liked it. They did not add demons, they added drugs that give you bullet time and other shit. original story is very unoriginal and can be fucking cringe if not played 100% correctly, so they avoided that

kill yourself

kek

Holy shit this is perfect.

agreed

What really rustled my jimmies in this abomination of a movie was that lame as fuck bullet time scene we got at the end with the shotgun.

yes.

what's this user?

citizen kane.

ebin

>trilogy
The third was an unwanted addition to a story that was closed. Max found peace with his past and himself, and may have even gotten Mona for good. The story was also shit in 3.

It's basically Twin Peaks in a true crime setting. It'll occur to someone someday.

God this, please

Mark Wahlberg can pull off Max Payne. The problem was literally everything else. Nobody fucking gave a shit about the production, even the director who slo-mo'd a 30 second action sequence into a 5 minute eternity.

You liked Ludacris as Jim Bravura?? You think it was a good casting choice?

The original story was X-Files directed by John Woo. Vanilla X-Files had far more cringe.

>original story is very unoriginal

You don't have to reinvent the wheel to put out a good movie.

When you're adapting an established story, it's better to, y'know... follow the story.

That is not true. Warcraft the Movie is an awesome movie that is a complete improvement over the original story by drawing comparisons between the heroes and their races to the race situation in America.

>The third was an unwanted addition to a story that was closed.
This, absolutely.

How do we go from:
>"I had a dream of my wife. She was dead, but it was alright."
To:
>"Baghdad with g-strings"

The only thing that helped me appreciate the third game's story was that since Sam Lake wasn't writing it, I imagined that version of Max Payne to be a shell of his former self. Not as sharp, unfocused and just a bad joke. A pale imitation of the person he was.

That's the only way to look at the game. Whether that was done purposely or not doesn't matter.

I've never played any of the games nor have I seen the movie. The only connection I have to the franchise is this unofficial video that had a fucking awesome approach to slo-mo (shooting it underwater against a green screen).

youtu.be/QPI4sINfrTA

That being said, I've been thinking about playingg the first for shits and giggles. Should I go for it?

Yes, yes you should, remember to get the audio fix when you do, MP 2 is great as well but I like 1 more storywise

he needs to be more miserable and pathetic though

James McAffery

They already made a real Max Payne movie you fucking plebs

What about Wahlberg in the Depahted? He had such a fake Baaaahstaaahn accent.

Do you even Mad Men? Jon can do miserable and pathetic surprisingly well.

but thats just whiny kind where his face gets all red. max payne hates himself, sure, but his misery is mostly outward

He does it pretty well in this.

>actually endorsing any movie with this racist

back to Cred Forums

He's from Boston.

good pick, he was far and away the best thing about Battle Creek

Netflix should make a show of Max Payne, the game is structured on chapters, so the structure would translate to the small screen in a fantastic way. The nightmare scenes would be pure kino.

Tommy Gibbs, the motion actor of Max on Max Payne 2. He was the choice of Sam Lake and probably the canon way Max should look.

thatsthejoke.jpg
Though, kidding aside, there was some other actor or comedian that joked about how even actors from Boston ramp it up to 11 and overdo the accent because that's what people from outside of Boston expect it to sound like. I can't tell if Walhberg is just that low class, as it's just a working class Irish accent, or if he puts it on extra heavy for roles too.

Dean Winters has the look.
Kiefer Sutherland has the voice.
I'd go with the actor who played Mcnulty on The Wire.

Too obvious m8

is it any good?
and wtf is with those bangs

youre not even trying

Zachary Quinto