This movie fucking rules

This movie fucking rules

Fuckin-A

Peter Travers
Rolling Stone
October 18, 2008
Even the target audience of 10-year-olds might get jimmy legs sitting for a punishing 135 minutes as the Wachowski brothers projectile-vomit their cotton-candy dreams all over the big screen.
| Original Score: 2/4

> as the Wachowski brothers projectile-vomit their cotton-candy dreams all over the big screen.

That's why it's great, fuck you Peter Travers.

Yees.

he's right you know
shit film

Fucking pleb. This movie is a dream. It unashamedly achieved its goal and dared to push it even further.

Is this kino?

100% kino. Especially the last race.

Should have begun with Speed racing Rex's ghost. Literally every scene before that is pointless, because the backstory is all referenced later on. Even some of the footage is reused.

And did we really need a scene establishing that a kid named Speed Racer likes racing and thinks about cars a lot? Seriously, I want to do an "ULTIMATE FAN EDIT" of this movie that just takes out the first 20 minutes.

>literally one off hexes

FUCK today's not my day

>And did we really need a scene establishing that a kid named Speed Racer likes racing and thinks about cars a lot?
YES. It all builds up to the emotional payoff of the final scene. You would have ruined this movie with your shitty edit.

Something from the classroom scene is referenced at the end? I don't remember.

Yes, the clip where he's driving a childrens drawing of a car. Also there's multiple clips of him in his childhood including him cheering on a race with his father. It made the ending really great.

>Yes, the clip where he's driving a childrens drawing of a car.
Ehh, coulda done without that.

The fact that they established his childhood right from the get-go made the flashback of him with his father less hamfisted and more instantly relatable. I wouldn't have liked this movie without it.
Maybe you just hate kids, user

>expect Speed racer
>Get fucking Spykids directed by trannies

Critics loved Spy Kids

Holy shit there's a bluray?

I watched this movie three times one weekend. Sure, the narrative isn't high art but the visuals are so insanely compelling and really the only way to regain the idea of spectacle in the era of CGI.

>Get this weak shit off my track!

I actually got to the theater late when I first saw it and I still bought all the past stuff. When I saw it again I saw the whole thing and the beginning felt like unnecessary glut - like, let's get this shit out of the way so we can start the movie. It's kind of a clumsy way to relate backstory, even if there IS a really good reason why you need to show that stuff which I'm not convinced there was.

I thought the brotherly love was sweet and blended in well with the splicing direction style of the movie personally.

And critics are faggots.

Critics hated Speed Racer

Pancakes are love.

I haven't watched this recently but I always found it a guilty pleasure/mildly enjoyable.

Back when movies were still good...

I need to get the blu Ray now

>latex outfits are the key to this

movoe sucks bro

It really is.

I took ecstasy and saw it in theaters three times when it came out. It was incredible.

i tried watching it and couldn't finish it despite having ricci in it