Why is it called "Birth of a Nation"?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=i18z1EQCoyg
>glorify a rebellion in which "oppressed black men" raped and murdered dozens of unarmed innocent white women and children because "fuck the evil white oppressor" at a time when violent race riots are already happening across the USA
>Best Picture 2016

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sts-11p8Ry4
youtube.com/watch?v=kNCTH4gQJ-Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Why is it called "Birth of a Nation"?
because there is a super old and pro KKK silent movie of the same name.

Director, Protagonist and Writer Raped an 18 year old white girl so brutally she committed suicide
>In court, she testified that she had attempted to kill herself twice after the reported rape. Her brother said that she suffered from depression after the incident. Her death certificate, obtained by Variety, stated that she suffered from “major depressive disorder with psychotic features, PTSD due to physical and sexual abuse, polysubstance abuse….”
>“If I were to look back at her very short life and point to one moment where I think she changed as a person, it was obviously that point,” Johnny told Variety. He said that prior to entering college, his sister was an outgoing, popular girl who loved animals and school. He envisioned a career in marketing or media for her. “The trial was pretty tough for her,” he said

I hope this wins an Oscar. Last year SJWs were whining that niggers didn't win enough Oscars. This year they'll know that shilling came at a pirce.

So when black people look up this film they get reminded of KKK propaganda by accident?

Is that seriously the reason?

look man, i hate this racebait shit too, but

>which "oppressed black men"

like they were fucking slaves, they WERE oppressed black men. that's what a slave is, an oppressed person

It's meant to be the symbolic victory of niggers over whites. Basically, you had this racist movie and then we came and took and made it anti-white instead. So it's basically niggers still being butthurt about a movie being made a century ago.

>Is that seriously the reason?
they wanted to "take" the title from an old racist movie to now be known as a the title of a black power fantasy movie instead, 99% of people nowadays won't even know about the original.

So, they're taking it back?

youtube.com/watch?v=sts-11p8Ry4

I always thought Cred Forums saying RACE WAR NOW was a joke.

Cred Forums was right again

I wish I had an all white continent to go back to just like all black people have had for a thousand years.

Why cant we just get along with banter like this?

but they actually were oppressed you nog, they wuz literally slaves.

And the situation is this to a T.

I mentioned the rape accusations and race baiting to my wife and now she hates it. It's easy to make this movie bomb, just convince your friends that seeing it means that you're giving money to a rapist.

finally a movie both feminists and Cred Forums hate

youtube.com/watch?v=kNCTH4gQJ-Q

Cred Forums hates it too. If it unites this many enemies, maybe it does deserve Best Picture 2016.

>whites "oppress" blacks with food, shelter and improved safety
>BLACK LIVES MATTER revolt by raping and murdering some white folks
>whites come in with guns and slaughter all the blacks
Looks like history is gettin ready to repeat itself again

they should have called it "Death of a Nigger"

>implying that literally owning someone and forcing them to work with no pay, providing them no opportunities for improvement of their situation (freedom, education, money) is not opression, and in fact was a good thing

>implying slaves werent treated well much of the time and sometimes even earned their freedom

You have to go back

"oppressed black men"
You mean literal slaves? Not that that makes it ok but c'mon

Slaves can kill their masters because slavery is the lowest we can go. Slave masters AND their families deserved it.

Lowest we can go or foundation for prosperous society? Indentured servitude and slavery have been around in all cultures since one man learnt to force his will on another.

This is the way of life.

>getting found Not Guilty of Rape is only bad if you're not white (like Brock Turner)

Thanks for Correcting The Record, ladies

Parker said he only killed one person and it was a woman with a hit to the head, I just find it odd that people are seriously praising a blatant exploitation rape revenge film which is hilariously inaccurate to the actual event.

Try it. You're family will be the first in the fire.

Fuck I mean Turner not the actor playing him

Tie birth of a nation, started with the forward quest abroad the Great North Atlantic pass

What were these slaves if not oppressed black men??????????

*Great North Pacific Pass

Good Lord knows The Vikings dominated that Atlantic pass.

He made the movie "to inspire a riotous disposition toward any and all injustice in this country"... I thought saying "riot" was racist now? I understand black people are allowed to be racist, but why would he want to publicly admit trying to start riots, and literally call them riots? Not strategic.

Farm equipment

He fingered her when she was drunk then ran away

Where did "rape" come from?

>"oppressed black men"

Why did you put this in quotes? Are you implying they WEREN'T oppressed? lmao

>he raped her
>so where did "rape" come from?!?

Cred Forums everyone.

If a 'groid did the same thing, then a woman whined about him not getting sentenced for it, you wouldn't be splitting hairs

He plays himself pretty much

What do you mean by this?

>africa
>all-black

lmao, what an idiot.
there are entire regions made up entirely of white people and arabs.

I love how black people feel so obligated.

WHAT HAVE YOU EVER DONE BESIDES MUSIC & PEANUT BUTTER?

That said, fuck I love peanut butter.

Not saying I like it, or that its what I want. Its simply the natural way, we can try and fight it but we will eventually return to familiar ways. We are creatures of habit.

to Cred Forums?

after you, faggot

Aztecs/spics/mesoamericans invented peanut butter

Crime?

it won't even get nominated, ya ignorant doofus

Welcome to real life, idiot. If there was no slavery we wouldn't have any of the culture or technology we have today, both Greece and Rome were founded on slavery, Rome in particular.

>In court, she testified that she had attempted to kill herself twice after the reported rape.

Yet she hung out with nate after the incident and sucked his big black cock on the alleged night of the rape. Now, I ain't no genius or anything, but getting on your knees and inserting a nigger's big ass cock into your mouth then stimulating it repetitively doesn't sound like a rape to me. Btw, Nate was found innocent by an almost all white jury.

It was actually reported in contemporary newspapers that no rapes were committed in the course of the rebellions. Men women and children were killed, but nobody was raped.

Honestly, if I was a slave who got the upper hand over my masters I would do the same thing.

>666
Devilget confirms. Source please?

If a blck guy fingered a drunk girl I wouldn't even hear about it

That shit happens every weekend at every nightclub/bar I have ever been to.

So? Africa is still black and staying black.

Don't know about no 2016 remake

But I watched the D.W. Griffith film a while ago, and I enjoyed it less for the fact that it glorified KKK and more that it was a pretty good film, definately a spectacle for its time

>If a blck guy fingered a drunk girl I wouldn't even hear about it
Do you have a single source to back that up

First hand accounts on wikipedia say otherwise

You really think they didnt rape the white women???

>tfw meme magic is real
>tfw ''wtf I hate x now'' is something that actually happens

They rape and murder white women every week and I never see the news mention it

See
>thousands every years = multiple every day on avg

You can make people hate Lena Dunham by informing people about how she molested her sister too. It's really that simple.

>They rape and murder white women every week and I never see the news mention it
Everytime a nig commits a crime in my city, I read about it in the news paper the next morning. You probably live in the North.

It refers to the Nation of Islam salami lakum

>tfw the only slave movie that show blacks selling blacks to slavery will never get the popularity it deserve.

Im talking national news

That 1 white kid fingering a drunk girl behind a dumpster made headlines all across the nation. Shit made no fucking sense when there are worse stories everywhere everyday.

Fucking media

>implying the same wouldn't apply if it was a colored boy doing that to a white woman
>if we were in MAGA times (i.e.: 1950's)

what a racist comment

rape is part of his culture

>First hand accounts on wikipedia say otherwise
So, what you are trying to say is that a Wikipedia article is more reliable than newspapers from the time it happened? A couple of weeks ago, I read that Fetty Wap was a philosopher in medieval Europe.

>Wikipedia
>trustworthy

I trust the contemporary newspaper articles more than Wikipedia any day of the week. There would be no reason in the 1830's for white journalists to hold back rape accusations amidst a slave rebellion.

Do you really think what Nat Turner did was wrong?

its not about everyone being segregated to seperate countries you retard, thats the way things started out and it didn't stay that way for good reason. believe it or not immigration is what propelled innovation, the slave trade while sick and unfortunate is what made America an industrial nation.

This movie tanked at the box office and has pretty much gotten rejected by all the crowds whose support and approval it needed the most.

And it's so funny too, you can tell that this guy is extremely ambitious and extremely self-important, so self-important he needed to not only direct and write the film but also fucking star in it, you just know that when he called the movie Birth Of A Nation he was doing it while thinking "when people think of The Birth Of A Nation 200 years from now, they're gonna be thinking of MY film, not that dumb old KKK shit! I'm an important genius! Hear me roar!".

And then it turns out that dude raped a woman who later killed herself, and all that shit flies out of the window. Tumblrites don't like it and won't bother to pretend otherwise, black film critics don't like it, white film critics are split, the reception is lukewarm and underperforming both critically and commercially, the Oscars won't touch it in the aftermath of the rape revelation, the guy's entire career is at stake and even if he does recover he and this film will always be inseparable from the controversy. It's a pretty entertaining debacle.

All because he raped a woman.

Never have sex in your life kids, it's dangerous.

I think it was understandable evil that should never be glorified. Wheres the heroic holohoax lampshade soap maker?

Good summary

>japan
>black

They ruin the narrative because they actually defend their nation from invaders

$100 says blacks riot this weekend and yell REBEL!!!

It was never theirs to begin with

this is "cultural appropriation"

Enjoy flipping burgers for the man

>Nate was found innocent by an almost all white jury.
The jury was almost entirely black. You expose your bias when you flip very easily verifiable information like this.

>Implying there's a single black person would would prefer living in 17th century Africa over slavery.

Niggers couldn't get those chains around their necks fast enough.

The rape charges were thrown out of court

In all likelihood he fucked with a crazy bitch who cries rape at the drop of a hat

Couldn't have happened to a more deserving guy though.

I agree with the other user. Good summary.

Hopefully the 2016 BoaN puts this nigger in movie jail like 2016 Ghostbusters has for that faggot Paul Feig

The original was saying the race war was the start of the nation's greatness, is its inherent fundamental principle, it's law and order etc

This one is trying to say the same but for the new America, the black "liberation" view of it

Because its about the birth of the true nigger nation.

It's not white v black, but white v colored people.

I'm getting real tired of this bullshit PC = good thing thats been going on.

>implying living in mud huts and dying of disease while jacking off all day is better than living in a cabin with food and things to do all day

>the slave trade made America industrial
>the least industrial areas in America where all confederate states
kek. Stop shoveling bullshit down your mouth.
>thats the way things started out and it didn't stay that way for good reason
Actually it has stayed that way for good reason up until a hundred years ago.

Slave "revolts" happen all the time. It's why the 2nd amendment exist the way it does today.

Actually if it wasn't for a slave inventing the cotton gin. The slave industry would of been a bust.

All this nonsense makes me want to watch the original even more.

It's faggots like you that these shitty movies are shoved into our faces. The more you push to have them shutdown the more they push back. If no one cared about Ghostbusters being all women, no one would care about the mediocre film that it is. If faggots didn't freak out when a black guy is in a movie, then people wouldn't' need to make any statements by making movies all black. now we have rapists making movies and people letting them

Is it true they added a rape scene to motivate the main lead/director? What the fuck.

>all white continent
>all black continent

Those never existed you fucking idiot.

Cred Forums = Cred Forums and feminists are white

>trying to reason with Trump loving racist alt-rights

You are better off trying to have a debate with a wall

Tbh, I don't think that kind of thing was talked about back then.

So its basically like Spartacus, and you guys love that show/movie, so what's the difference?

True. And its more than one.

I'm sure Turner witnessed rapes but his wife wasn't, so writing that into the movie just makes Nate Parker look more of a creep and a poor screenwriter.

I have realized this

What? Trump loves googles you retard

>glorify
The only word I needed to know that OP is a sissy faggot afraid of watching things that challenge his views.

so what everyone is saying is this movie is good?

Best picture 2016. Seriously jaw dropping

?
his accomplice was found guilty
They harassed her afterwards so they are 100% guilty niggers.

But the only rape culture in this country is shitskins attacking whites, which goes uncovered & unpunished largely.

Is this bait?

You do. And the reason you don't is because you can't afford it. Blacks fresh off from slavery couldn't either.

>"oppressed black men"

Which part of that deserved quotation marks?

>like they were fucking slaves, they WERE oppressed black men. that's what a slave is, an oppressed person

They were sold by another niggers in Africa, if they would not have been sold to slavery, they would have ended up in the pot.

What's your point user? That doesn't make them not slaves or oppressed.

Because it's a movie that stars niggers and Cred Forums hates niggers.

I find the 'but what about muh murders and rape' argument retarded for any war movie because they've always glorified them in that regard unless the movie was anti-war. This movie isn't anti-war, it's pro-rebellion in regards to oppressed people. And you'd have to be a complete retard to not think that their actions were justified from their perspective; they were slaves and they fought for freedom and to gain some sort of control over their lives; and with fighting comes murder and often rape. It's not different to what white soldiers would have done at the time.

Because its debatable

Black people kill each other across the world when given too much freedom

Fucking hell. Studios casting a black guy in another fucking remake? Try making something original Hollywood. Surprised they didn't hire Idris Elba.

And white soldiers were fought to the death by those that came into contact with them. Or by war can two groups settle their differences according to jewish history

if you want a laugh, you should look up the Pink Panthers (plural)

... or not
my mom always told me her dad had ties to a totally-not-KKK sort of group with that name, but I never bothered to look it up myself until now

Oh you'll have a wall.

>tfw you start to internalize Cred Forums memes and lose sleep over the notion of a secretive Jewish cabal actually governing the world from the shadows
I don't know what to believe anymore.

It doesn't matter what you believe because you can't change the ways of the world, at least not alone, and you're not charismatic enough to get a group that can change things.
There, isn't that much more pleasant than thinking about the shadow government

I wonder if they're gonna remake Griffith's ''Intolerance'' too