Did people in your theater laugh when he took off the mask?

Did people in your theater laugh when he took off the mask?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5fF1ZSNTtBQ
youtube.com/watch?v=OAu4hGNmIQE
youtube.com/watch?v=sD5Nav-SFE8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nah senpai in my theatre we show the utmost respect to all forms of photoplays

I heard some people whispering, but that's all.

It was extremly painful

hes a big guy

How was it a surprise to people what he looked like?

I know that merely by treading on Cred Forums I knew more about the movie than the average person, but hadn't everyone seen the cast and promotional pictures in which we get to see what Kylo looks like?

He's not very attractive irl but he looked qt in the movie. He's also a big guy, no homo of course

No, there was absolutely no surprise because every casual plot detail had already been plastered across even the most casual forms of media.

more of wtf look was over peoples faces where I was movie sucked balls

I'm used to Adam Driver's weird face from Girls, but my buddies have never seen him before. They chuckled when he revealed his face. I think people were expecting a deformed villain or makeup like Darth Maul. Not an emo looking teenager

>hadn't everyone seen the cast and promotional pictures in which we get to see what Kylo looks like?

you are vastly overestimating the percentage of people who cared that much about the movie.

He looks like such a joke people assumed he would keep the mask on the entire movie or have heavy makeup/CGI underneath

Guy next to me shouted something like 'put it back on!'

I think the shock was that he looked so young. And I liked that.

For you.

There were so many quips in the movie that people assumed this was just another one.

Nah. Dude just really isn't that weird looking to warrant all that. I think it was mostly surprise that he wasn't scarred up or anything. The friend I was with knew him from Girls and just laughed at how unexpected it was to see him.

Some girls in front of me giggled then and almost every other time there was a close up of him trying to be all dramatic and menacing.

Usually the only prerelease material I see is whatever trailers are on tv or youtube.

You like fucking little boys in the buttpussy do ya? SAD!

I don't see what there is to laugh about. He looks sullen. He's not a heartthrob but he looks very serious all the same. If he had zits and a lazy eye I'd get giggling.

Yes I can concede that I was quite hyped for this movie, and not that I was out hunting for bits and pieces to know about the movie, I still was trying to get my fill of information by Cred Forums of the movie so I can see why I knew more than the average person.

But don't even the self-proclaimed "nerds" need to be remotely interested about the movie, and know some things about it, to being able to prove their "nerd-ness" when challenged about it? I get that ultra-normie people wouldn't care in the least about a movie only losers are supposed to obsess over, but there's still the hipsters and pretend-nerds of today that should've been aware of Kylo's appearance.

Alright that's a good point I shppose.

The guy next to me cringed and gagged, and according to my friend some girls behind us giggled.
I stopped paying attention 2/3rds of the way through the movie and was instead focused on holding back 1.5 liters of dr.pepper.

I suppose you'd be right, but seeing as there were such a span of articles about Star Wars, mostly praising the diverse cast and shit, wouldn't more people have been exposed to the appearance of Ren?

OUTER

SPACE

Who cares? Doesn't change the fact that they took a dump on the entire OT so they could literally remake A New Hope. You just know the films aren't going to explain dick about The First Order etc. People already use the excuse "duuude it's STAR WARS LMAO who cares about the details XD?" I care. When you fucking rehash the first Star Wars movie I need to know why the status quo didn't change.

Buy the books and the video games and the tv shows and all the other various forms of media if you want to get the full story.
Star wars is all dlc now.

He has a very elongated philtrum on his face (the space between the nose and the lips), and in that I resemble him.
A philtrum like this will generally heave on you that you look untrustworthy and mean. It's a shame really because I'm not like that but it's how people see him.
Trust him, I won't photoshop it for you to see, but if his philtrum was shorter, he'd be much nicer looking.

see me*

>the full story

its still garbage

My mom turned to me and said "wow he's so ugly!"

yes

I liked him in this role. I don't get why people hated him beyond his looks

I agree

Not that user, but even in the new EU material (or "canon" I guess) the explanation for the rise of the First Order is incredibly hamfisted and too convenient. The whole notion that a convoluted series of events *just so happens* to lead to the creation of two new factions that, """coincidentally""", look and act exactly like the Rebels and Empire is just too much.

It's obvious as hell that they wanted Episode VII to look and feel EXACTLY like A New Hope, and then made the poor canon writers scramble around to bullshit a reason as to why that would be. But even A-grade bullshit is still bullshit, so it feels unnatural and contrived no matter what you do.

why are officers all like 30?

One man in front of me wearing a MAGA cap shouted "WHY IS THIS KIKE LEADING THE SPACE NAZIS" and the whole kino
théâtre erupted into laughter. When it died down a mother with tears in her eyes and her two sons wearing skullcaps stood up and began to move to the exit at which point the man yelled "HEY LADY YOU FORGOT SOMETHING" and threw a coin at her. Laughter chorused again and soon the whole théâtre were hurling nickels and dimes at the family as they attempted to protect their faces from the metallic barrage. Lots of people surrounding the man shook his hand or patted him on the back and applauded him for several minutes.

The ginger guy General Hux is the son of a famed Imperial nigger. Disney is so fucking cartoonish with this movie that every officer in the First Order has to be young since the First Order is (((only))) 30 years old. Makes no sense whatsoever with a bit of thought put into it but whatever nobody cares.

I agree
nah its still kind of fucked. you see it a lot in books like star wars bloodlines. main heroes of OT ultimately amounted to nothing and for know basically seem to have set on their ass for 30 years. They will paint it in with some adventures but ultimately they have accomplished nothing. Darth vader has already overtaken most of star wars but now even OT guys don't matter.

>theatre

>giving any more money to the fucking shills that are disney and lucas

all the old people died in the war. most new recruits are legacy or kidnapped kids. ultimately its because young people look "hotter" so they went with the deageing, like with star trek

Because JJ had this brilliant idea that the NuEmpire was going to be a younger, fitter, less experienced, more ragtag organization. But then he realized that would make them the underdog, and people gravitate to liking the underdog, so he compensated by making the NuRebellion even smaller and weaker than the old Rebellion, and then also gave the NuEmpire infinite money and a Death Planet that can blow up entire galaxies. So his own idea got trashed by his other ideas and it ends up being a self-contradictory mess.

it wasn't apparent what kind of movie it was going to be until the last second when they released the poster with the fucking Death Star 3 on it. I remember fags scrambling "w-well I'll give Disney 1 pass for being copycats as long as it's a good Star Wars movie". These same fags are amped to see Rogue One. I sincerely hope the sequels can redeem TFA. I don't expect it to happen.

nah, everyone was cool. I absolutely laughed the first time I heard Bane's voice on the plane. Thought they messed up the audio or something but I came to appreciate it in time.

My guess is only the Empire's Palpatinejugend remained dedicated to the cause, and everyone who fought during the OT either disbanded and went home or integrated into the New Republic military, while the young hardliners kept going as the First Order.

Four pens, ready for action.

You can rag on the New Order as much as you want, their penchant for admin is second-to-none.

Yes... Yes.. Even on pluto was there laughter. #kylobloch

Weird. Where I was movie was okay.

Midnight Nick is a legend

why does he wear one of those things they give you at a restaurant when no table is available as a belt buckle

He was so ominous, even more so than vader. That stopping the bolt in midair was fucking cool.
As soon as he took off the mask, he turned from this scary powerful bad guy into a whiny brat with daddy issues.

>stopping the bolt in midair

which, and I'm no star wars superautist, is I think the first time anyone has ever done something like that so Kylo must be pretty powerful. Then comes Rey who unless they cover it with a montage-y backstory is bullshit suddenly: knows force pull, can mind trick, can read minds, learned how to use a lightsaber in about 5 minutes.

Was taking hes mask off part of hes plan?

Of force.

What's the next step of his master plan?

Out of all the things wrong with TFA, Adam Driver was not one of them. I thought he was pretty good.

Nein, aber sie haben gesagt "Da ist einer! Schnappt ihn!"

yes

He look like the exact sort of faggot whose lunch I used to steal. He's supposed to be a menacing figure and he looks like a teenage autist. The only things he's lacking is a fedora and a katana.

I laughed but he was still the best part of the movie.

Polish here

>Guy took off the mask
>Everyone started laughing
>Someone says "It's a Jew! He got a grzybów between legs!"
>Some old lady started dancing to push the jewish spirit away
>A young couple showing the photo of John Paul II shout "Censopapa is upon us"
>Everyone launch pierogis at the screen

By the way entertaining evening, I would rate it 3 stars on 5

Yeah. I literally chortled.

This is not a criticism of his character though, he was supposed to be laughable.

He's like 6'3, pretty buff and intense as fuck.

Adam Driver's pretty based.

>He's supposed to be a menacing figure
I'm guessing you only watched the movie extremely drunk and avoided all discussions over the year its been out?

>he's supposed to be a menacing figure

user, ep7 has been out for almost a year, you should have watched it by now.

It's incredible to me how so many people entirely miss the point of this character in this simple movie.

I haven't seen it at all. He just reminds me of fags like this faggot. Le edgy teenager edition.

>He's supposed to be a menacing figure and he looks like a teenage autist.

No, he's literally supposed to look like a teenage autist. How is a children's movie going over your head?

His mastery of the Force is the only thing intimidating about him, he's meant to be a poser.

Crashing this death star

Thanks for the (You)'s anons. You made my day.

It's amazing to me how the biggest problem with TFA was that it didn't take any risks, and basically felt the a reboot of A New Hope, yet you plebs are complaining about the one character who actually felt like something new. We already had countless, intimidated bad-asses like Maul and Vader. I'm glad they went the direction they did with Kylo.

>tfw disney have already started milking star wars into some cashcow machine
how long until people want george back?

>I was only pretending to be retarded!

That's it, I'm going back to rebdit.

>pretty buff
Kylo Ren is a punk bitch, looks like he's about 30 pounds soaking wet under that little black dress he wears.

SW has been a cashcow since 1977.

>repeating the same shot of the officer flinching

wew, quality filmmaking right there

I really liked him in the movie, he's imo one of the high points.

Ha, that was my buddy jim! Hes whacky like that

>and he looks like a teenage autist.
thats kinda the point pham

More delicious (You)'s!!!!!

I'm all stocked up now.

It took me around a year to really process how much of a slap in the face TFA is. I'd have rather seen what George would've done. Maybe he'd have taken the reception of the prequels to heart and done right.

What was your facial expression when he took the mask?

I wish George never left. star wars was his fucking idea, he didn't want to give it away, but he did it for the fans. he was a good man.
he thought he could pass it on but still help out, as soon as he signed the papers it's was already over, they lied to him, his friends betrayed him and threw him aside, no new ideas! no innovation! star wars must now be a nostalgia cash crab like every other remake.

i knew when disney bought it, it was already over. fuck them for what they're turning this franchise into, and fuck the selfish entitled star wars fans who made this happen.

Pretty stonefaced. Only time I made an expression was when they fucking pulled up holograms of the death stars and did their gay little on the nose "isn't Star Wars stupid XD" breakdown before the attack on the (((Starkiller))). During that scene I shook my head and muttered "really? stupid."

literally pic related

>New Republic
Is that the organization which doesn't attack a bunch of psychos building a planet sized weapon on its doorstep?

They did, and on both times I watched it at the theatre. In my first showing I even heard a girl saying he should put it back on, not even joking

My sister said to my mom: "I expected him to be hotter"

Why was the republic called the resistance? they're not the rebels anymore they are the leaders, they did it because they wanted them to seem weak, the underdogs, to replicate a new hope as much as possible

TFA was a fucking embarrassment.

They didn't. (in mine they didn't)

My wife said to her son: "I expected him to be blacker"

Yeah, they're basically Obama's America.

The Republic and the Resistance aren't the same thing, did you even watch the movie? Leia left the Republic to join the Resistance because they were doing nothing to stop the re emerging Empire.

The Resistance is a separate organisation. The Republic (or some of it's members) secretly supports it. They explain it right in the opening crawl.

After seeing Rey and Finn she expected Masked Man to be a real looker? Jesus.

that's my point it's basically the same thing, they just did it to replicate a new hope they had to be the rebels

>secretly
>the good guys in charge who beat the bad guys are 'secretly' supporting a group of people trying to stop the bad guys
for what purpose

No, we were still halfway me explaining the links between engineering of tectonics and jonathan swift.

Because the Republic aren't "the good guys". They have the same problem as the old Republic. Too much politics and bureaucracy. They would sit around and try to negotiate with the Empire, while planets are destroyed as long as their own homeworlds aren't threatened.

WITH NO FATHER

why would they do that?

why does it look like they enlarged his head

because they must replicate the original trilogy as much as possible the good guys must be the underdogs

Because the Star Wars movies have always been critical of the government, but clearly these movies are too advanced for you so I'd stick with JJ Abram's Star Trek movies. There's probably enough explosions to keep your interest.

He shouldn't have taken off the mask until his meeting with Han.

>TFA
>too advanced
>le evil guys are evil
>le must blow up big death star 3

what you said makes literally no sense mate
if the empire could just blow up the homeworlds then they would, and if they can't then there's no reason to negotiate with them not to

The only compain I heard about this movie is that Darth Kylo is played by a ugly actor.
And I heard it MOSTLY from boys than girls.
Anyway the force ghost of Anakin will apper to him in the next movie and will tell him about his mistake and that darth vader is dead for good, so Kylo will leave the bad guys but he will not join the good ones, he will become a "sith ronin", he will never learn the powers of the light side, but he will join Rey in the final battle against Snoke.

There are literally no governments in the OT, idiot.

>And I heard it MOSTLY from boys than girls.
Because girls can read his body and his poise and see that he's a well built alpha male, so they don't give a fuck about his meh face.

Yes, and so did I.

And yet it's still going over your head. Which is why you should stick with something simpler.

I'm only trying to help.

>if the empire could just blow up the homeworlds then they would

They did. Did you not watch the movie?

>Leia is literally introduced as a member of the Imperial Senate
>DUDE literally no governments LMAO

all the girls in my theater laughed

what did they mean by this?

Wow, you're literally stupid. They only mentioned the senate like twice, once to establish Leia isn't just some nobody and the second time when Tarkin relays the news that it was just disbanded, establishing that the Empire is an absolute monarchy ran by the military with LITERALLY NO GOVERNMENT. The Imperial officer right there at the table literally told you that, dear member of the audience that there's no bureaucracy. You were literally spoonfed that information and you still missed it.

>star wars was his fucking idea

Hi George

>They only mentioned the senate like twice
>that means they don't exist

Why are you still talking? Is there something of merit you actually wanted to discuss?

Why are you so fucking dumb?
>name fag
Oh, alright.

why there are got generals and not star wars generals here??

>Not an emo looking teenager
>implying that wasn't the point

Ren's face is the least wrong thing with this movie.

So that's a no on the substantive conversation then? Alright.

My mum leaned in to tell me she'd still gargle his cum

Was kinda surprised when I found out this dude is 32. He looked young in the movie.

>LITERALLY NO GOVERNMENT.
>absolute monarchy
absolute monarchy is a from of government, also each moff is in charge of a sector so they are like heads of state while sheev is he fed (with more power than fed)

>while the young hardliners kept going as the First Order.
The word is that, remnant more or less failed but based sheev had a hidden fleet, made to guard some shit he entrusted to young snooker whom he found on Jacuzzi

He's a retard, just ignore him.

The OT was a criticism of a centralized government in the form of a totalitarian regime.
The Prequels were a criticism of decentralized government bureaucracy.

>he turned from this scary powerful bad guy into a whiny brat with daddy issues.
that is the point. he is not vader, he is some scruff on his way to bigger things. basically he is ep 2 anakin

Yes. But these fuckers stood up and clapped and cheered for the ENTIRE MOTHERFUCKING ZOOTROPIA TRAILER.

A military dictatorship headed by an Emperor is still a government you peon.

I think you give the prequels too much credit.

no one has done it because the force usually needs a continuous effort. its seems to be force stun, which I have not seen anywhere outside kotor games and did not think it could work on the non alive stuff but he seems to use it a lot

My friend I went with did.

>The Prequels were a criticism of decentralized government bureaucracy.
lol

>He's supposed to be a menacing figure
no he is not
so do polish support the rebels

>The Prequels were a criticism of decentralized government bureaucracy.
actually it was the opposite

YO WHAT KIND OF NAME IS ADAM DRIVER

That was the point.

He's a kid acting out who's been seduced by Snoke.

You couldn't see how cartoonishly incompetent the Republic was portrayed as? Lucas isn't exactly subtle.

He used Space Magic to do something g Space Magical.

Fucking hell, do you even know what level he needs to be in Star Wars D20?

actually was more like a "oooh shhh.." and then a sad laugh.. this movie is terrible

Been there dude. I hate having to get up to piss during a kino at my local kinotorium.

Republic was the centralized government. CIS were for state rights.

Going to the movies watching this piece of juden shit.

Fucking reddit goyims all of you, fuck you all.

They were portrayed as slow to act, not incompetent. And only slow to act as a result of Palapatines machinations.

I don't know whats Star Wars D20. in the game you would usually need to be around level 10 or 20 (I don't remember) to be trained and after that it depends on how your branch your skills.
>He used Space Magic
That is going to be a door that leads to lots of shitty writing

The fuck is wrong with you people? He's a perfectly good looking man. Why make fun of someone on a board? When you can just be nice and make this place happier and cancer free of these dumb posts.

God that scene is so unstar wars like. Can you imagine Lucas doing something like that. It just doesn't fit

The Galactic Senate apparently represents more than 20,000 systems in the galaxy. There is nothing centralized about that. It's chaos.

Have you never seen Star Wars?
Its literally all about Space Wizards doing Space Magic because plot.

The fact you see at as formalised power levels of midichlorian counts means you fundamentally miss the point of the force as a mystical intangible element of the setting.

KOTOR was D20 you Muppet.

Yeah, it felt like something new, which is why people appreciated it. If Lucas had done it, he would have slipped on poop and banged his head against a computer.

If one man, Sith or otherwise, could so easily fool the most powerful politicians in the galaxy; then the Senate was undeniably incompetent.

I have burning hatred of immeasurable powers and mysticism so I welcome the formalised power level.abeloth shit can burn in hell

They literally met on a capital planet.
Whether or not its a realistic or well written model doesn't matter, it was clearly an attempt at centralised power.

OK, so youre autistic. Fair enough.

>If the most powerful dark space wizard can alter the minds of the senate with space magic
You have the prequels.

represents being the key word. They are the federal government and all who want to be part of it must obey its laws. trade federation started bitching because they would not allow the federation to arm its ships against raiders. naboo also had problems with pricing. it is basically like soviet union, with all power, befits going to the core worlds/moscow

is that why my lighting was stronger with a DS multiplier?

>lighting
lightning

Everyone named Adam is a creep.

t. Adam.

He drives adams wild

Adam..?

It was supposed to make you think he was going to kill the officer which is what a more mature nuanced Vader-like character would have done.

He was still dealing with his light-side thing at that point which was solved with him killing Han at the end.

why is his chin so fucked

Someone shouted "it's just a kid" and everyone laughed

>stealing lunch

Were you that poor little faggot? That's a stereotype out of the fucking 70 and 80s.

I love how people act like SW was this pure thing before Disney bought it. It was always there to just sell merchandise. Also out of the earlier 6 films only 2 of them are good, so it's not like it's this holy masterpiece.

When I first saw pictures of this guy on/tv/ I was convinced they were shops because of how ugly this troll is

>paying to see a ripoff made by business focus groups that's meant to appeal to the widest audience possible and be as bland as possible

you're literally trash

>Always for merch
The merchandise didn't kick off for a long time after a New Hope. The original trilogy with the exception of Ewoks didn't really do a huge amount to make new things to sell as merch. If tjhrey did mwe would have seen forest themed ATSTs with real working chainsaws amnd shit.

Post OT and in the massive gap between OT and PT, yeah, kinda fair point.

HOLD ON TO YOUR HATS, YOU'RE ABOUT TO GET POUNDED!

I was tying motherfuckers shoelaces together and yes stealing lunch, it was in fact in the 80's. So it's all good.

I was very disappointed that he looks much like an extremely angsty millennial teen.

Why does he need 4 pens?

fucking this

but i also laughed

George was a hack. real star wars was made by people working around him.
>he did it for the fans
he was just sick of all the bashing.

Unless you are over 34 or under 16 you are also a millennial.

Those are his rank cylinders

I think you mean why is his everything so fucked.

Normie's don't know fucking ANYTHING about movies

Is Cred Forums ready for the greatest love story ever told in the Star Wars universe?

Everything good from SW happened despite of George not because of him.

George running the show gets you the prequels.

Trips confirm two noodles.

P...people on reddit said he was qt & they are normies.

i dont know what reality is anymore

I was the guy in the theater that laughed. I was the only one in the theater that laughed.

That was a bad day.

youtube.com/watch?v=5fF1ZSNTtBQ

They didn't laugh, but a small child, probably 8-10, did say out loud "THAT'S WHAT HE LOOKS LIKE??"

this is what happens when you cast millennials as villains.

Did you remember to get your crab legs and visit the popcorn pits?

>implying he isn't

youtube.com/watch?v=OAu4hGNmIQE

lulz

is like this movie has the worst cast ever

they clapped

His face looks like he lost a fight with a nest of hornets.

His character has more depth if he's not a typical big-bad.

youtube.com/watch?v=sD5Nav-SFE8

>he did it for the fans
he fucking hated the fans
>he was a good man
he was a hack
>he thought he could pass it on
he wanted the money
>as soon as he signed the papers it's was already over
he got his money
>they lied to him
he got money for intellectual property
>his friends betrayed him and threw him aside
George Lucas' only friends are Ulysses Grant and Ben Franklin
>no new ideas! no innovation!
this is what makes money
>i knew when disney bought it, it was already over
check out nostrodamus over here
>fuck the selfish entitled star wars fans who made this happen
what about the guy who sold it to Disney for billions?

thi$ really $plit my $ide$ #SNL #lolz #WelcomeToTheReignOfMickey

I liked Kylo Ren's voice with the mask on, it had this bass like feel to it whenever you heard it. When they revealed who he was to me it was more of a shock like wow I don't even know who this actor is but I can somewhat roll with it.

I laughed in the theater but find the actor attractive in his own way in other things. He has an aura about him in a lot of his stuff, even though he acts like a shy beta in interviews.

I know i laughed qent from menacing to complete fuckboy in about 5 seconds

I don't remember anyone laughing but they were surprised.

I think it was actually a pretty clever move all things considered. It reminds me of something like Macbeth to have this classical looking villain who starts off fairly relatable and then morphs into something else over time.

Yeah, I really liked him in the role. Was one of the highlights of the movie IMO

He donated the money to charity though.

You have to go back

This. JJ blew his load too early.

Yes

They had to establish his connection with Rey. Since she's his future love interest.

This desu

I laughed because I realized that the big bad was a literal star wars fanboy

All of his hated stems from the fact that he was conceived at an ewok party.

>paying to watch shitty movies
lol

LA here. Everyone laughed it up

>>never happened

>>wasn't funny, do better next time

>>or rather just shut the FUCK UP!!

>>hate when 11 year old WANNABE Nazi boi's are on Cred Forums

>>exactly

That's the whole point, to show us his " humanity " and suffering

Me and my boyfriend laughed

I mean cmon, he is a jewish fuckboi

getting netflix capeshit vibes here

>WHAT GIRL?!
>Never explain why saying "made" Kylo choke the dude

*girl

Not really. I just thought he looked like Kit Harrington on crack.

1st time no. 2nd time yes and that made me chuckle tbqh

You act like this shit doesn't have precedence irl. Remember when Neville Chamberlain basically gave Hitler Czechoslovakia in 1938 because he wanted to avoid war at any cost?

same thing with the New Republic.

I thought he was a cute

i did, loudly

>your fucking competent soldiers fucked up capturing the droid AGAIN
>oh yeah it was the fucking defected stormtrooper who shot up your hangar bay and murdered 50 guys
>oh yeah and there's yet ANOTHER fucking rebel running around there, and it's a fucking little girl and your dudes couldn't even capture her

It makes sense that he'd fly off the handle.

i did, quietly

Between brother and sister? Why that's not the kind of stuff we expect from this franchise.

PLS source! is this a marvel crossover comic or just a fanfic? i want this to be real so bad. black widow wielding a lifesaver and mind controlling a peter parker in disguise looks so cool!! xD

>Did people in your theater laugh when he took off the mask?
nobody laughed until he took off the mask

He's a former marine you fuck. More badass than your internet warrior ass will ever be

I was so jelly of his hair... :(

Yes. He's so fucking gangly.

He was so angry and pissed that he failed at such a young age. I did the same at work when I failed my boss.

>Grand Daddy issues and legacy issues.
FTFY.

Yes my theater laughed at his surprising ugliness.

In the end I thought he did a great job though

Yes. And some girl behind me kept saying "not what I expected" every time it showed his face.