Whats Cred Forums's opinion of podcasts?

Whats Cred Forums's opinion of podcasts?

and any recommendations?

The last podcast on the left is interesting if you have an interest in serial killers, the occult and other bizarre shit.

yup Henry Zebrowski (however the f you spell that) is awesome and "your pretty face" is an under appreciated gem

that guy is a satanic ginger troll, hes the american ricky gervais ... hes a turd sandwich ... i wish he would die and immediately feel sick that i ever acknowledged his existance

Chapo Trap House

LPOTL is definitely great.

Other recommendations:
>Money Talks
>Bill Burr Monday Morning Podcast
>This American Life
>Freakonomics

I love gathering finished series and enjoying them at my own pace. If you're an RPG nerd, there's plenty of podcasts out there where they play any and all table top games

Those conspiracy guys !!!!
two irish lads .... fucking mind blowing

did you know woody haroldson's dad was involved in the JFK shooting?
did you know thomas edison and henry ford and HS firestone were next door neighbors and supporters (financially) of the nazis

its literally Cred Forums in a podcast

dan carlin's hardcore history

tough me more about history in 2 hours than 4 years of school

recommend hearing the leonard lake and charles ng episodes.

so fucking hilarious, even if it the crimes were morbid as fuck.

podcast --- for those not talented enough for film tv or radio

I put on a podcast to listen to while I lay in bed waiting to fall asleep. Gets me away from the computer's bright light which I figure probably causes my insomnia, but I can actually get sleepy if I'm just listening to something.

My favorite is Joe Rogan Experience, just be ready to skip the first few minutes of advertising that he often tacks onto the beginning.

Been listening to old episodes of Welcome to Nightvale recently since I feel like it has the Halloween spirit. They've been slow to release new episodes though, I think they're too busy monetizing their relative podcast fame at the moment.

Red Ice Radio is decent

Also National Alliance

good, talent is not the sole factor that gets you into any of those, most likely than not, it just is who you know.

So it's for the vast majority of people?

Cum Town

big waste of time

Listen to Tell 'em Steve-Dave, it's my only podcast that I listen to.

Is night vale still full tumblr? I stopped listening after their live one, the audience shrieked like harpies after every line.

The early ones are gold though

Reply All is the best podcast I've ever listened to, period.

fuck you alex or pj

Junkfood Cinema is good if you're interested in cult movies.

I have been getting into a few tv podcasts that rewatch older shows.

Best ones are:

Getting Lost
Twin Peaks Rewatch

I used to listen to the X-Files Files but the guests were usually incredibly unfunny and intolerable. The Episodes with previous writers of the shows are really good though.

I like

Bill burr monday morning podcast
Marc maron wtf
Mega 64
Sword and scale
Last podcast on the left
Sleep with me
Welcome to night vale (the early episodes)
Hardcore history

My fucking brother

Cum Town is the funniest podcast
Nick Mullen is the man

>torrent criterion movies
>rip critic commentary
>add to phone

My favorite "podcasts", currently going through the Universal Monster canon

Uhh Yeah Dude

Lmao nope just a big fan.

The only things I've ever bothered to listen to are:
>Sleepycast
>XFM radio broadcasts
>Howard Stern radio broadcasts (have like 40gb of them and I've not even gone through a tenth yet)

The Dollop (American and sometimes Australian history podcast)

Comedy Bang Bang
improv4humans
Hollywood Handbook
Doughboys
Sklar County
How Did This Get Made

YEAR, LOCATION

still got a bunch of episodes in the backlog, pretty good one 22bh

1. Howard Stern
2. Norm MacDonald
3. Howard Stern
4. Adam Carolla

>4lUCkNq - Imgur.gif

Tomorrow - news media insider talk

Angry Little Goats - two comedians being angry about current affairs

Rogglecast - hiphop producer Blockhead chatting shit with some girl he knows, good new york kinda humour

Savage Lovecast - Dan Savage takes calls and gives advice about sex, health and relationships

If There's Hell Below - new music podcast hosted by two cheeky brits

Secret Skin - art rapper Open Mike Eagle speaks in an incredibly kind manner to people he knows in the music and entertainment business, usually about the struggles in their life

Conversation Parade - a podcast about Adventure Time hosted by Mike from Secret Skin (above) and some other guy that might be a newscaster or comedian idk

>doughboys

Podcast Kino

FUCK !!! didnt know anyone else knew about these guys .... im current listening to there latest 7 hour podcast on the illuminate

how these guys havent been sued to fuck / black bagged is beyond me

talkin toons with rob paulsen- it shows you that voice actors are basically the chillest group of people in the industry

tfs podcast- if you like DBZA abridged, also its cool to hears these people as they slowly start as just a bunch of friends fucking around and eventually becomes an honest to god recording studio

grandma's virginity podcast-- if you like rick and morty this follows the months before rick and morty started, it has the humor of justin roiland, best one has to be the one where pendlentor ward is a guest

ross scott monthly videochat with his fans- not a podcast per se but is a solid hour and a half of the guy behind freeman's mind answering weird questions from his fans

DLC podcast- the creators of penny arcade record themselves coming up with a joke for the next strip, usually the podcast is funnier than whatever joke they end up coming up with, some solid commentary on whatever is going on at the time with videogames

My current list. Would recommend them all.

Cashing in with T.J. Miller
>improv comedy duo who just mess around and parrot in-jokes at each other
Don't Get Your Hopes Up
>video game industry news and opinions
Hello Internet
>two nerdy guys talk about random topics
Monday Morning Podcast
>ol' Billy Redface Burr checks in on yaaaaaaa for an hour and rambles
Plumbing the Death Star
>a few Aussies debate geeky hypotheticals like would a werewolf astronaut on the moon always be in wolf form
Stuff You Should Know
>informative podcast where a couple guys explain a topic (radiation sickness, history of elevators, the American electoral college)
The Dick Show
>Dick Masterson brings in a friend each week to talk about what makes them angry
The History of Rome
>a long and detailed history of Ancient Rome
The Joe Rogan Experience
>Joe Rogan interviews really notable and interesting people
The Rubin Report
>interviews with people from all over the political spectrum with a very good neutral host, just trying to find out what everyone really believes
Waking Up with Sam Harris
>neuroscientist and philosopher Sam Harris explores a variety of deep topics, has changed my mind on many things
99% Invisible
>short episodes that explain the often overlooked detail and reasoning of design decisions

Some shit to check out if you haven't:

Legion of Skanks
Race Wars
Cashin' In With T.J. Miller
Distorted View
Pod Awful
Red Bar Radio
The Joe Rogan Experience (depends on the guest)
The Adam Corolla Show (depends on the guest)

My podcasts. 1/2

Tried listening to Bill Burr's podcast but I think it sucks, it's just an old man complaining about boring shit in an unfunny way. If I wamted that I could just go to my parents house

I really think you would like Boner City USA and Danish & Oneill.

I'll check them out, thanks!

I can only listen to them in short bursts. True New York Cunts.

>The Dick Show
>The Savage Nation
>The Space Show
>JRE (guest dependent)
>FDR
>Worm and Harambe Roberts
>TRS sometimes

archival shit I still listen to on occassion:

>Loveline
>O&A
>Biggest Problem in the Universe
>Conway and Whitman
>Phil Hendrie
>Stern

all that said, Space Show, Norton and Roberts, and Savage are my current favorites. i've been a fan of radio since i was a wee lad, and vastly prefer the live aspect + tuning in to planned podcasts. unfortunately the medium is on its last legs, but at least these three shows can appease me.

>grandma's virginity podcast
giving this a big fat rec. it's a good time.

also recommending:
Comedy Bang Bang
The Flophouse
Hollywood Handbook (not for everyone, but I like it)

>Art Bell will now probably never ever do radio again for reals

and here i was about to post about how i almost hate him for making nights comfy, then spontaneously disappearing time and time again.

shit sucks

I'm not into most of these, but I'm glad someone else here thinks Bill Burr's podcast is shit.

Classic Loveline GOAT. Carolla is so washed up nowadays.

fucking disgusting
get antennapod, great free (as in freedom and beer) podcast app for android.

his podcast was bretty gud in the beginning when Donnie was still on board.

but man does it stink now. i don't even know when the guy is doing an advert anymore, so there's many. and maybe like 10 minutes of discussion now with the guest, whereas in the beginning he'd actually do really good long interviews.

Ta mate. I'll check it out.

Doughboys.

Two comedians review American fast food restaurants.

new gvp podcast when?

The Bonfire
Tigerbelly
Brilliant Idiots
All time favorite would be Bobby Kelly and Sometimes Colin Quinn.

His recent stuff sucks compared to his older work. Go torrent the old ones where he's making fun of people in the airport while on his phone.

Patrician detected

>tfw too many podcasts but not enough time

BBC podcasts are great, and this one is the GOAT.

Get a dog, my friend. I listen every time I walk my dog. I've gotten though so many podcasts doing this.

>tfw I had to put my dog down and now I'm behind on my pods

Are you kidding? I'm really sorry if you aren't, user-kun.

2.0x speed user. twice as many podcasts.

would have gone crazy without my many podcast subscription.

i feel you bruv

I say Conan is "my Carson" , but really .. it's kike Howie all the way.

Always been.

This American Life
Radiolab
How Stuff Works
RT Podcast
Gameover Greggy

how do you guys pace yourselves when listening to podcasts? I feel like I'm not listening to enough to them to justify all the ones I have in my library but I don't want to miss out either

last podcast on the left and doughboys. everything else just filler waiting for new eps of these.

i don't feel obligated to listen to every episode of every podcast, and generally just play shit in the background when i'm computing or playing games

I can tell.

>it's a guest doesn't get it episode

listen when you clean or make breakfast or brushing your teeth or whatever chores, you probably spend more time than you realize not having to use your ears for whatever task

Why? PodcastAddict just werks for me, it's perfect. What's so good about AntennaPod?

the dude's like 85 years old.
just let him retire and die in peace.

I'm subscribed to about 50 or so, but at the end of the day it's only like 10 or so where its must listen to every one. The rest are listen when possible. Drop the TV must watch/listen to them all mentality and its fine.

2.5 hr total commuting a day, then listen when I clean or organize. Get through everything essential and then some.

Not OP but to answer your question, I think the tumblr fandom's kind of died out just avoid the live ones the audience sucks. As long as you're not squeamish about a guy talking about another guy in a romantic/obsessive way, you'll be fine senpai

I don't really get the appeal of Bill Burr at all, I think his comedy is shit too. Idk why I always see people talk about him on here, everything he does is cringy. Maybe he was better 5 years ago or something

>The Brilliant Idiots
>Double Toasted
>Sleepycast
R.I.P
>JRE
I skip a lot, its hard to weed out the bad ones, I don't even know why I listened to that one with the building climbing kid
>Bill Burr
I tune in every now and then, its ok
>TOVG
One of the few video game podcasts I enjoy. I just started listening to it, and its nice not to hate one out of the 3 main members I can only take so much of dodger holy shit
>Gaming Illuminaughty
>Easy Allies
I'm still trying out other podcasts. I need one for films (ironically) and anime. I might try that history dude that was on JRE, someone mentioned him earlier.

you know it, my cumboys

recently just finished off all the episodes

damn shame because I recently discovered them

>paying for Sirius when you can torrent Stern episodes the day later

I'll never understand thus.

I wish there was something else as entertaining and gut-busting funny as cum town.

I like the guy last week that said "I feel like I'm not OK with shitposting."

speak on that

I know man, they seem to make every topic they talk about entertaining, reason why I like it compared to other podcasts

you realize you can sign up for trials without providing CC info, and do this every single month when it expires, right?

no one pays for Sirius, bro

Harmontown

I'd rather steal it. Fuck them.

why?

access to the web player is pretty comfy, senpai.

those can be absolutely hilarious in their own right

SIRI WHAT MY SCHEDULE

I enjoy your enjoyment. I got shit for data on my phone.

99% invisible
Car Talk
Hardcore History
Freakonomics
Invisibility
Here be Monsters
Lore
Love + Radio
Mystery Show
Myths and Legends
Noob Spears Podcat
Radio Lab
Reply All
Language Bites
Science VS
Serial
The History of Rome
The memory palace
The Spear
This American Life

That's what I haven't dropped anyway. I have a job where I queue up 7 hours of audio and listen all day.

i only use it through a browser on my PC.

Yeah.

I like the ones with Tom Scharpling.

solid list. I love Wiger's rants against Heathcliff on twitter.

This a slight departure the one's you suggested, but based on your tastes you might want to give Wooden Overcoats a try. It's a british serialized comedy show, so it's different in that it's scripted, but you might like it.

Sometimes i zone out and then jump back in to their stories and are completely lost.
Its a fun time

Honestly there are no really good ones for film beyond technical podcasts like American Cinematographer. I listen to We Hate Movies and Movie Crypt rarely.

I listen to these frequently;

Dan Carlin
Last Podcast On The Left
The Dollop (the sanctamonious durrrr white people shit gets old, but I find it undeniably entertaining)
Invisibilia
Lore
99% Invisible

Less frequently;
Stuff To Blow Your Mind and associated.
This American Life

I would recommend Welcome To Nightvale in one large chunk. Comfy as shit. Completely loses steam about 25 episodes in though.

Basically I'll let em back up and listen to one or two different shows for a few weeks at a time and then switch to different ones after that and back and forth.

LPOL is great, Round Table of Gentlemen is bretty good too and has marcus and Kissel.

Holdenators Hoooooooooooooooo

existence*

>The Dollop (the sanctamonious durrrr white people shit gets old, but I find it undeniably entertaining)
Gary, maybe- but Dave seems to treat every person with the same (incredibly harsh) even judgement. Like he did that episode about Thanksgiving and various massacres of native americans, but then he'll turn around and do an entire episode about Cassius Clay just as a build up to the punchline of "and the grandson of one of the slaves he freed was named after him. And in a stroke of irony he denounced his birth name out of hatred for the white man, donning the moniker Muhammad Ali"

I mean, it's part of the show and it's typical for comedians now. So I don't get hung up on it or anything and it's always entertaining enough regardless.

Fellow /ant/ here

>""""""comedy""""" podcasts
>two nobodies and a guest nobody going "dude topic-of-the-week-we-just-looked-up-the-article-on-wikipedia-and-dont-actually-know-anything-about lmao"

there are so many good podcasts about a wide variety of topics that are endlessly interesting, why would you waste hours of time listening to filler. bunch of you must be uninteresting boring cunts

>he doesnt listen to improv comedy podcasts

let it be known that hollywood handbook is the funniest podcast

Doughboys and Hollywood Handbook are my must listens every week. Most earwolf podcasts are pretty good. A podcast i reccomend that i havent see here yet is The Great Debates. Two tv writers debate on topics submitted by fans that are usually mundane but they really get into it.

Garbage ape with out Garbage is by far superior to Garfield without Garfield.

I'll give all the money in my wallet to anybody that can successfully explain what the fuck the joke was even supposed to be here.

>the only media I consume is deep and thought provoking
>look at all these plebs having fun

Mmm yes. Points.

An example of one that comes to mind was "there are at least 50 gay dentists in nebraska" its really great

Pretty sure heathcliff is so patrician that barely anybody can understand any of the comics.

It's funny because we're so nerdy but nerds is cool now. Mmm, I just love my comic books. But even though they cool now, people still don't get it. Mmm.

Improv4humans is truly the best podcast in the universe. Who Charted is pretty good but mostly because Howard Kremer is on an entirely different plane of existence. The Canon, which was only ever hit and miss, is likely to be at an end thanks to Devin Faracis big whoopsies

I'll try to categorize them as best as I can

Comedy
>How Did This Get Made?
>Ricky Gervais Podcast & XFM Radio series (I have links for both megafiles to download if anyone wants them)
>Sleepycast (RIP)
>Doughboys

History/Edutainment
>Hardcore History
>History of Rome
>The Great Lecture Course series
>BBC's In Our Time
>Ancient Warfare Magazine Podcast
>History of Byzantium

Weird
>Mysterious Universe

Dl'd. Sounds interesting thanks.

Jocks are pushing dumpsters now

Who are your favorites on improv4humans?

Dude seriously ranted for like 24 hours straight shitting on heathcliff. Loved every second of it.

Oh and based on his Trends With Benefits appearance this past summer- Lil Wigez officially confirmed Cred Forums poster.

I know you're reading this, Nick.

Wow, didn't know there were so many people who liked podcasts around here. I guess there's just not a designated place to talk about it.
As an Oregonian I'm a fan of the podcast This Land Is Our Land which is covering the Malheur trial following the occupation.

Are you me

I love nicks twitter

i am your future self and my future warning is: clear your fucking browser history

My other good listens that haven't been repeated all over this shit thread are:

Here Be Monsters
Astonishing Legends
Monster Talk
Shock Waves (horror movie stuff)
We Hate Movies
Your Mom's House

Listen to a bunch of those shoddy true crime ones like Thinking Sideways, Generation Why, but purely filler. Miss most of them and don't think twice.

Everyday Life

Dead Pixel Live
Internet Box
Sawbones
Sick & Wrong Podcast
Lazer Time

Games

Cagcast
Video Game Outsiders

Hobby

Adventure Zone
Drunks & Dragons

Movie

Filmsack
The Flophouse
Rewatchability
TwoGuysOneMovie
We Hate Movies

Politic

30 Minutes in the Oven
Exodus/Americanus
Freelance's Bongo Bongo Bookclub:
Fash the Nation
Nationalist Public Radio
Nationalist Review Online
New Alternative Right
Nick Di Paolo
No Agenda Podcast
Red Dawn
Sunshine Shitposting
The Daily Shoah!
The Current Year Report
The Paranormies
The War Room
The Weekly Narative
This Hour Has 88 Minutes

Cape Crisis
Cheap Popcast
Doug Loves Movies
Frotcast
Geekbox Radio
Idle Thumbs

If you like true crime i suggest The Sword and Scale. Good shit

Looking for a good retro gaming podcast. One that's well produced, don't have time for shit mics or hosts. Something that will talk about 3DO and SNES in the same context, etc. Preferably no over-arching preference, ala "Oh no its yet another JRPG episode".

Does this exist?

No prob :)

Retronauts
Angry Video Game Nerd

What years do you have of stern and how did you get the broadcasts?

For many years I subsisted on Stern. To find the old shit, use the magic of torrents. Until he puts out the mythical app.

In fact, this could be helpful for some......

Complete the Sentence:
The podcast __________ is on tier with classic Stern. (90s w/jackie, early sirius days)

My answer: Your Mom's House

>Round Table of Gentlemen
I know a guy who gave them so much money he got to be on an episode. I really can't get into that podcast. I don't like any of them.

They're the only ones to talk about feelm seriously

You will enjoy the lesser bonapartes and the fall of rome podcast

desu the I wasn't really into podcast until I heard baited (that one with keemstar) and honestly I really liked it. Mostly because it was youtube related stuff
It may sound normie but I liked it. Any recommendations for more?

Do you just listen to every podcast listed on TRS?

Also you forgot The Convict Report.

That might be the laziest fucking comic I've ever seen. Each one looks like it was randomly generated

>The Sword and Scale
Didn't the creator of the show threaten to sue a fan subreddit or something?

patrician tier current events coming through.

Foreign Policy's The E.R.
The Leonard Lopate Show
Midori House
The Weeds
WSJ Opinion: Potomac Watch and Foreign Edition

Acquired taste bonus rec:
Star Wars In Character

There's all kinds of weird shit from that guy, he is a true shitlord. First 20 eps or so were pretty good, then he started begging for money. and his eps went to shit. and he deletes every facebook post. and yea, weird shit with reddit. and he's getting dui's while doing his nancy grace schtick.

I love them desu. They are the pinnacle of absurdist humor

I love how they always have on that guy who is writing the Sonic movie and they always start leading down the Furry trail and he shuts them up with his NDA

You gotta love the suss even though the doughlympics were verging on the kinda unlistenable side. He was wonderful in Tournament of chompions tho

Are podcasts the ultimate form of comfy?

Agreed best podcast out right now

Listening to current Stern is the bigger issue

>tfw listening to podcasts while playing Terraria

ultimate comf.

I love me some Norm MacDonald, Mega64 and Sleepycabin.

Love Your Mom's House.

Do you like Doughboys

>Sleepycabin
what happened to them?

They were supposed to be a production company but they all had side projects and couldn't commit.
The podcast was their way of putting out anything.

They're going to make five more in the next few month, most of them moved to LA chasing opportunities.

I love shit like this and LPOTL.
Thanks user.

mega64

heck yeah boys

at least buy the pro version then, ads are fucking disgusting.

"YEAH, IT'S THAT BAD". This was discontinued, BUT, it's by far the funniest of my movie podcasts.

>(((((Zebrowski)))))
this board really is reddit, huh

jocko willink.

Marcus is literally the cancer killing cave comedy radio. I hate that Edgy moody faggot.

so youd rather listen to a kike-corporate puppet than an actual human being? looks like a faggot to me

The daily shoah

only because you havent explored any podcast outside of your niche, you dumb faggot

thats because youre a huge faggot

fuck your dog and fuck you, this isnt the thread to talk about this you dumb fuck

The partially examined life

Waking up with Sam Harris

The Joe Rogan experience

The Minefield - separate stories

Wilosophy with Wil Anderson

Football weekly if you want bants and occasional football discussion

Louder with Crowder

>Hello. It's Bill Burr and it's the Monday morning podcast just before Friday and IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII'M just checkin' in on ya!!!

1. Buzzfeed internet explorer podcast
2. Stuff you should know

Lore has been mentioned a couple times, but I note that no one has brought up the fact that it's getting a TV show. Apparently Amazon has picked it up for a 10 episode season.

>1. Buzzfeed

pretty sure the guy is polish and catholic, but what does (((pol))) know?

plenty other jews in podcasts though, so the bogeyman is still there for you.

I like We Hate Movies

CASPAH DA GHOST, TRAMPS DOT COM, BLU APRON, ME UNDIES, AHHDIBALE.... what else am i missing?

always the same sponsors

love this show, listened to every episode so far.

Kissell is such a cuck is not even funny.

Totally Jocular! mmm turtle soup.

""ooooh you guessed it, it's Adam and Eve.com

well kissell is a pro-johnson shill and shows up on fox news shows, so might be on to something.

>ctrl f nfz and no fuckin ziti
>0 results
Embarassing. IT'S THE ONLY FUCKING SOPRANOS PODCAST