/advanced/

This is a thread for those of us who have been watching cinema seriously for over 5 years and have seen over 1000 films. Don't be offended; some of us have simply moved past imdb-core, capeshit, and the same old indie flicks. Do not derail the thread with trolling or off-topic discussion.

Without further adieu, I wish a warm welcome to my fellow cinephiles. Here are some discussion points to get our thread started:

>What have you been watching recently?

>What is your opinion on the current state of American and world cinema?

I watched Citizen Kane today and I must say, I was blown away. A revolutionary work of art and, if I dare say so, one of the best movies ever made.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffy_studies
imdb.com/user/ur12376946/watchlist
archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/subject//advanced//
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

and what does this have to do with Buffy the Vampire Slayer?

>this is a thread

wrong, this is a general. A failed attempt at one, at that.

>Citizen Kane

I've easily seen over 1000 movies, and I'm a fucking turbopleb. Are you kids only like, 16 years old or something? Thats really not that impressive.

I think cinema is just about dead and I'm okay with that. There are more that enough films that one could spend an entire life time on films and miss some very worthwhile films. Of course, new issues will arise and cultures and regions that do not already have a lot of films should get the support needed to make them if they so desire.

Recently: Red Desert, Vivre sa vie, The Double Life of Veronique, Weekend

Idi nahoi

>Citizen Kane
>Babby's first "I'm a patrician I swear" flick

LMAO @ UR LYF RN

I've been watching since the 1960s and have around 100k movies under my belt. All it has done is made me bitter. Everything seems more amateurish now. Time is a good filter of course and there was lots of shit I waded through in each decade to find gems. I'm just more harsh towards the shit and social propaganda now. Hollywood needs an enema.

The last film I saw that made me sit up and pay attention was "Zimoshe" in original language without subtitles. I don't even speak Xhosa and even without knowing the language I was still on the edge of my seat. It was shot well enough that everything going on could be inferred even without sound.

? no google results for Zimoshe

In B&W with a Cyrillic filename no less...

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffy_studies

>100,000 movies
That would meant you spent every waking hour for 46 years watching movies. Which would only be possible since home video.

Thats fucking retarded word choice is an important part of cinema

hating Citizen Kane is literally the most pleb thing you can do
it screams "I'm a teenager and my contrary opinion is the only one that matters"

reading comprehension, ivan

oh, so i'm right? okay

Yes, because that was clearly not pasta.

>What are short films?

you aint alright ivan, you got a lot of fucking problems

>there are actually people who think studying a TV show is an academic discipline
>there's a feminazi book that examines gender roles in the series
I'm almost embarrassed to call myself a fan of the show

Is this some kind of Cred Forums meme?

>fan of buffy
yeah plenty of reasons to be embarassed

Cillian, Blanchett, MacDonald, B. Jordan, Hardy... these are our guys.

Fuck the rest.

More Wexler high heel picks though.

It's a good show tho

>Prettiest male
Cillian Murphy

>Prettiest female
Cillian Murphy

???

I think they are making fun of OP for starting a self righteous patrician thread just to talk about Citizen Kane.

Wrong

Is that how you write it, "without further adieu" ?
I thought it was further ado.

Well I think that the US Cinema is at a crisis of ideas, world cinema is doing alright some countries like (Iran, China, South America) is booming the industry toward a new approach. In the major references is dying in the commercial circuit

Recently : The Mechanic (1972), Una farfalla con le ali insanguinate , Le Trou, Bitva za Sevastopol, Moju (1969)

Btw how about we share the Watchlist of Imdb or Letterbox and recommend some movies??

Dropping mine : imdb.com/user/ur12376946/watchlist

Oh has someone been watching movies for five WHOLE YEARS. I guess it's time to break out the big boy pants!

>Nagger
More like "Nigger" amirite

No like i nag a lot, annoy

Top Tier Film Cultures

Finnish
Korean
Bengali
Tunisian
Guatemalan
Somali

OP is the least funny memer on the site, the same one trying to force this "cinematic skill set" meme for like 8 months now.

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/subject//advanced//

It is, this post has so many levels of bait that few people actually see even one of them.

I know some Finnish, Korean but can you give an example for the other ones? For example an entry-core to Bengali cinema and so On

>A failed attempt at one, at that
>at one, at that
>at that

That was a retarded sentence.

>Citizen Kane
>advanced

7/10 post

I'm sure this is pasta but what has been your favorite film of this decade so far?