Any news on the The Mist series that's supposed to be coming out?

Any news on the The Mist series that's supposed to be coming out?
What would you like to see?
Also /TheMist/ general.

Other urls found in this thread:

comingsoon.net/tv/news/702287-full-cast-announced-for-spikes-the-mist-tv-series
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bump.

>mist general
>no replies

suffering

I just hope they use the monsters sparingly

there is literally no news man. shits sad.

i havent heard anything about them turning this into a series. not to be a dick, but how could they turn it into a series? the mist cleared up, the military came in and killed everything. thats all there is.

I don't want them to spoil the mystery behind the tentacles.
I want to be some sort of recurring boss monster that they can only run from.
I had this one image in my head where the survivors wake up and the tentacles have broken in, but nobody notices until they get up because the tentacles are attracted to movement, and they start devouring people in their sleeping bags.

More Lovecraft-inspired monster designs like the one you posted and less oversized bugs.

Is Tom Jane gonna return?

i think hes the main star of the expanse series, so i dont see how he could

>implying portals didn't open up all across the world
>implying the portal storm stopped
>implying most of the world isn't shrouded in mist and monsters

comingsoon.net/tv/news/702287-full-cast-announced-for-spikes-the-mist-tv-series

Good point. The US is probably the only country with a military sizable enough to hold it back

China and Russia could probably hold it back through sheer numbers. The Japanese are no slouches either, they have one of the world's largest armed forces and they have the advantage of practically all their troops and weapons being located within their own territory.

i'll admit i havent read the actual novella by king, and im only going by what i saw in the movie,, but what evidence is there that its a worldwide event? from my understanding it was only a localized mist that came about because the towns military facility opened up a inter dimensional portal, in that one town. theres no mention that portals opened up all over the planet.

>Spike TV

I would like every episode to follow new characters on some kind of intertwined and sometimes unrelated to other characters whereby the ending of each episode results in the flavours of the week committing suicide two minutes before they could have been saved

Who knows how interdimensional portals work, though? Maybe by opening up one they also opened dozens or hundreds of others.

So is it going to be The Walking Dead except with tentacle monsters and acid-spiders? Just sign my shit right up.

My cousin's uncle was casted for this the other year and i can confirm it's legit

Maybe one episode a portal opens up a universe with impossible physics and distort our physics. So it's not like every episode has to be about Mosquitos that cause allergic reactions so bad your head exploded all over the maxipad aisle

Yes where in the second season, due to budget reasons, he cast has to stay in the competing grocery store across the street for the duration until they run out of milk bags and realize they don't have to stay there and try another store up he street.

..and of course they military wouldn't try and carry on with the Arrowhead work at all....

...nor sir, not even one bit...

In the book the mist doesn't end, they just keep driving.

Ey at least the first season will be good.

So the mist was a thinny, right?

>an entire ecosystem of interdimensional alien monsters
>creatures from different climates
>different continents
>all competing for food and trying to adapt to Earth
>literally billions of types of creatures
There's so much fucking potential here.

>..and of course they military wouldn't try and carry on with the Arrowhead work at all....

Plus other countries would try the same thing. You think the Chinese government would give a shit if they lost a couple cities to portal monsters? Hell no, they'd keep making more.

I want to see the kite monster eat someone.

I would rather see them focus on proper Lovecraft adaptations, go a bit beyond mist bugs and into the interstellar, interdimensional, indescribable horrors.

I hope it has more of OP's pic.

Lovecraft the shit out of it.

the monsters didn't seem that bad desu. one chubby store clerk with a revolver was able to dispatch most of the man-sized monsters, and the military column at the end of the movie wasnt even breaking a sweat. only the stinging bugs and the huge whale-on-stilts creature would pose problems for properly prepared people

90% of the movie's horror is derived from the fact that it's set in New England where nobody has firearms. i bet if the same event happened in rural Texas, the locals would have just shrugged and added the monsters to their recipe books

>tfw no love for the mist on Cred Forums tonight

>whereby the ending of each episode results in the flavours of the week committing suicide two minutes before they could have been saved

topkek

I've heard this asked before, and I have seen replies where people explain why it isn't and how it can't be a thinny

I cannot remember the reasoning though

Wtf is a thinny?

If I remember it right it's a place where the dimensional walls are "thinner" or something. It's from The Dark Tower.

Stephen King wrote it with the whole "crazy religious people are going to get us killed just as much as monsters would" but I bet he would be horrified at the idea of every third person in the store CCing.
That unitonically really made me think.

Ah okay that makes sense

I woke up at 5 am once and it was on tv so I watched it before middle school

That was the shitty movie ending.

Within 5 seconds of searching, I found out that Spike picked up the pilot in July of 2016, and that it will release next year.

Nice blog.

It doesn't have to be a continuation. Could be a reboot. Kinda like what el ray did with from dusk till dawn. Tell the story from the very beginning.
Personally I'd be okay with a reboot in a new format.
But would it focus on the grocery store or a new setting?

>portals
It's called a thinny you dumb cunt.

>i bet if the same event happened in rural Texas, the locals would have just shrugged and added the monsters to their recipe books

I want to see this now. Like a 5 minute video from one of those youtube channels that does parodies.

>"The Mist: Southern Edition"
>takes place in a Wal-Mart
>when the monsters show up everyone just walks to the gun section and grabs a rifle

Technically a hole in spacetime is a portal, you dumb cunt.

Was-Mart has a shit selection of rifles now.
I think the better short is they're still in a grocery store, but when shit goes down every like, third person pulls out a concealed carry piece. Some comically large. Then some unarmed girl goes, "what are we supposed to do?"
And a neckbeard in a /k/ patch hat goes, "I brought enough for everyone" and basically reenacts that clip from bowling for columbine where he pulls a shit ton of guns from every crevice.

I first watched this movie on YouTube in like 2008. It was split into 10 parts or something.

Those were the times.

Best ending ever

This. I want a monster that is literally too big to maneuver on this planet

Not spacetime, but different levels of the tower.

That would be all the big ones you saw in the movie.

Nothing as big as OP's pic can actually survive on Earth anymore. The atmosphere won't permit it. There's a reason nothing got that big after the meteor wiped out the dinosaurs.

Only things that big that are still alive are sea life that operate differently than land animals.

Doesn't matter where one end is, nigger.
It's a portal between universes.

Would it make ya feel better if they were muslim instead of christian?

You remind me of THAT KID in elementary school that argued that if dinosaurs came back we would go extinct
>Duuh the dinosaurs would eat and stomp all the soldiers before they had a chance to fire
Autism

He's right thou

Np champ glad to help

Hey now, a small New England town, I'm not saying he's wrong. I'm just saying it's a whole new story if it takes place in the south or wherever.
But what if a portal opened in the Middle East? Think they'd have an advantage because they'd be like, "oh, just another enemy."
Maybe do the Independence Day thing and show unlikely allies coming together to fight another worldly horror. Hamas and the IDF working side by side being like, "we got bigger problems"

Many countries have militaries comparable to the US given the size of the population and the area it must defend. Also having the most modern technology isn't really all that advantageous either, fighting fleshy monsters doesn't really benefit from the things that make the american military the best, the shitty soviet equipment that third-world militaries have would do fine.

>Many countries have militaries comparable to the US
Comparable in size i should have specified.

I feel like a Mist series is going to inevitably fall into one of two camps, a TWD camp where the aliens or whatever are normalized and its a soap about survival or a persistent series of people doing stupid shit and not learning anything about how to combat the Mist.

It basically seems a bit retarded either way. I mean, maybe alien portals open or they slither out of the ocean or something I have no idea. I just don't want it to be like herpa derp the military doesn't know how to do shit all.

At the same time don't be like that Monsters movie or whatever in Mexico with an hour of hype about biohazard signs then cuck me out of a good time with a couple of LED aliens fucking. I want to see cool alien mindfuckery not national geographic.

wouldnt that make him your uncle too?

Or his dad, but that's only assuming first cousins.

Movie ending was goat you nigger faggot

...not if it's on the other side of the family.

It could be his dad's sister's husband's brother. Still technically an uncle, but usually not as close as the uncle that married his biological aunt.

I want leviathans like that shit in the end of the movie

Also are there other leviathan films

So it's the Upside Down world from Stranger Things? Stephen King confirmed for hack fraud

I haven't read the dark tower in ages but if I remember right they open up a door/ portal to the primm. It's like the space between spaces where the darkness lives.

they opened the portal in a tank, supposed to hold what ever falls out, but the world (imagine xen) spilled like a funnel its creatures,
the tank held for a short while, but eventually the pressure was too much,, all containment contingencies failed,.
i wonder how it eventually closed?

>aaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH
>OHHHHHHH
>kkuhh... aaaaAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH