>budget of $10 million
>makes $7 million at the box office

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Nsnuhz-Kb7k
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It was directed by a hack

director was a rapist and the target audience was SJW

Fatigue from people race baiting hopefully.

No one wants to watch another slavery movie, especially one starring an egotistical rapist . Take one look at that poster and tell me if you want to see a whole movie based around this self-righteous cunt

They didn't expect 3rd wave feminists to spread a boycott about a black man after he was found not guilty

WE

please tell me this piece of shit won't break even

People are getting sick of being told repeatedly that they're racst when they're not.

He raped a grown woman instead of a child like Polanski or Woody Allen.

This was his fatal flaw.

Wuz slaves

Searchlight bought it around the height of the "oscarssowhite" nonsense.

profits will pick up once it hits the rental market: Blockbuster, Hollywood Video, etc.

>Blockbuster, Hollywood Video, etc.
Kek

Good one.

Statutory rape is one of those "no complaint, no crime" situations.

Bad poster?

I mean I thought we were done with hanging niggers. This shouldn't be a fun sight. The poster is saying 'hey! wanna see some niggers hang?'. What did I mean by that?

Also a point of interest; I haven't seen one commercial on tv for this movie

literally no one gives a fuck about chimps chimping, in fact they have contempt for it. thats why the media trust rate is at 7% and nfl ratings are plummeting

there is not a sane human being on earth that buys niggers burning down their own towns being a good thing, and when they turn on the news and are told they are racist for not celebrating it, they are rightfully disgusted

It looks so fucking cheap, straight direct to DVD tier

You should look some up, they seriously use footage from black lives matter protests in one

>88
>Incomprehensible, cryptoracist joke

I'm legitimately not racist (I only hate Muslims) but at this point I've been told I am so many times by films, tv, and the news media that I'm voting Trump out of pure spite.

>Read about the issue just see about the controversy.
>Director and writer of the movie apparently raped a girl, and she committed suicide 12 years afterwards.
>Turns out she was actually just drunk and she didn't "consent enough".
>They were both acquitted from the nonsense allegation.
>Years later they become SJW and make a movie to pander to SJW.
>They are now the evil patriarchal rapists.

Truly poetic justice does exist in this world.

in the SJW hivemind, you are always guilty. Even if you are proven innocent, you are still guilty.

the next oscars will compensate for previous whitewashings regardless of film quality
fox will shill this and that other one about the black lass's in NASA and clean up
these films were never goning to make bank they are oscar bait pure and simple

Same logic they use to constantly berate white people that we're racist when we aren't.

Unless you're Muslim or Bill Clinton.

literally directed by a rapist. Can you fucking cis scum stop forcing this patriarchal shit down womxn's throats?

DNC-press-academic complex is easing back the racial tension strategy a little for now because they're worried that it's alienating too many people.

That didn't hurt the reviews or box office for 12YAS or Selma.

this

So you are just an idiot, glad to know you aren't a racist though.

>Steve McQueen is a hack

>Celestin, who shares a story credit on The Birth of a Nation, was convicted of sexual assault and received a six month to one year prison sentence in 2001,[90] later raised to two to four years per state sentencing guidelines.[91] Appealing the case on grounds of ineffective counsel at the first trial, Celestin's initial conviction was overturned in 2005 and he was granted a new trial to rehear the charges.[92] Despite the accuser's willingness to testify at a second trial, prosecutors declined because other witnesses had scattered all over the world.[93]

>when we aren't.
Speak for yourself, but I get your point.

>implying Polanski was just a statutory rapist

Read up on what he did m8, dude is fucked in the head.

>he raped a woman and isn't a jew
FTFY

He didn't take the Netflix offer.

He was too obsessed with wanting to release it in the cinemas, believing that more of the public would see it that way rather than online but things have changed and more use netflix now.

I'll freely admit I haven't seen anything else of his, but 12YAS was hacky. The dialogue and production design were risibly phony. I would have laughed out loud in the theater except that I was seeing it with super-leftists and I didn't feel like spending the rest of the night arguing.

There was something about him going to trial in 1999

>euphoric edgelord: the post

>Directing and starring in his own movie which bombs
Is he the new Tommy Wiseua?

>"I did naht make her a slave I did naht... oh hi Nat"

You can't run from the truth. It's a couple of rich London art-schoolers' goony fantasy take on American history. It has nothing whatsoever to say.

False advertising

I guess it was a rape charge.

Also homophobic controversy that he wouldn't play a homo as it's emasculating

Their main target audience would enter the cinema only to burn and loot.

I'm fairly positive constantly accusing people of being racist created more racists than if people had just kept living their lives.

He wanted a cinema release so he could be nominated for the Oscars.

whites are tired of being attacked by niggers, tired of being called out for the shit they did 500 years ago

niggers are tired of the past, of the same ol fucking story.

hispanics are making tacos, asians are eating their noodles.

not that hard OP

>That poster
Very subtle, almost like poetry

Nobody likes niggers
Nobody likes nigger movies

Not an original idea
This is from the niggers faceberg page who pointed a shotgun at police and was made good

>we wuz kangz

Historical epics make a lot of money.

Black films tend to make a lot of money.

However, black films usually have small budgets.

A black historical epic is a risk because it's expensive and reliant on a small audience. Fox Searchlight believed they could capitalize on the whole BLM thing, but it didn't work.

I'll give ya Polanski, but Woody dindu nuffin, read all that shit and tell me his ex-girlfriend isn't just crazy as shit. She still tells people her children aren't Sinatra's kids.

Has anyone here seen this? Tempted to see it tonight since its half off, but i have a few films in my torrent backlog to watch too

When did being accused of rape = you're a rapist? Some white bbc slut accused him of rape, he went to court and the evidence backing up her claim was found to be insufficient. Plus, she sucked his bbc off on the night of the supposed rape which contradicts her claim of being raped..

you blew my mind

But 12 Years was a pretty great movie. It seemed actually somewhat realistic, with pretty cool filmmaking.

The Birth of a Nation had some cool bits but had really poor dialogue, a weird script, and was surprisingly old-fashioned in its storytelling. In addition, its depiction of slavery seemed exploitative rather than realistic.

>Plus, she sucked his bbc off on the night of the supposed rape which contradicts her claim of being raped.
How does that contradict anything?

he friend that was there that night with him went to prison...

Cred Forums "logic" has nothing to do with evidence, it's 100% agenda-based. Guilty if it suits my narrative, not guilty if it doesn't, say otherwise and you're a shill. This place is basically the right wing version of tumblr.

It's fun and has some really cool moments but is a strong 6 at best.

>Plus, she sucked his bbc off on the night of the supposed rape which contradicts her claim of being raped..

So? You are legit 100% virgin. You have no idea how sex works with women

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Nsnuhz-Kb7k

>#everdumberbitches

Is anyone going to let this rampant misogyny slide? Anyone?!

getting on your knees and inserting a bbc into it then stimulating it with your mouth doesn't fit the description of not consenting, and she also admitted that Nate's friend's bbc was also in her mouth. She claimed that she just woke up sucking his bbc than passed out again...yeah, she was raped alright. Oh, and get this, she fucked Nate again in the morning.

Even The New Yoker and CNN (black critic who writes about race, btw) said it was shit and didn't do the real story justice at all

I would have celebrated because of the people who happened to die.

>niggers

Where was Jack Nicholson when kids were getting raped at his place by Polanski?

And why were 13 year olds at his place to begin with?

First time director with film school level symbolism and pacing.

Pissed off the lefties who would traditionally go see it because he didn't bow and scrape apologetically about not being convicted for rape.

literally the worst humanity has to offer. i will never forgive the lazy slaveowners who brought them all over here and ruined the future of the country.

>What went wrong

He made a bad film that only got traction because of politics.

Those same politics then scuttled the film because he had transgressed in a sphere higher ranked at the moment on the victim ladder.

Not even Cred Forums memeing. It's literally what happened. Read the A.V. Club "review".

>It seemed actually somewhat realistic
yeah, aside from the stage-play dialogue, the steampunk costumes, and the fact that they invented or profoundly distorted most of what happened--aside from those things it "seemed realistic."

seems like black lives don't matter

They weren't that lazy, they conquered two different sets of fucking people and built a nation. They thought they could use them as farm equipment.

If anything, you should hate the liberals for not allowing the slave owners to genocide them or at the very least ship them back when they were done. That's what would have really put this country on the path to greatness. Liberia was supposed to be their new home.

When will Hollywood make a movie about the Arab slave trade?

Die in a fire.

That would be Islamophobic.

there was a script that's being passed around but got canned when Elliott did some shooting

>Eurasian_boy_in_a_Moroccan_harem.doc

Both the Director and writer of the movie tag team rape a white girl who later on went on to commit suicide. Director and writer got away with it due to the jury not understanding the meaning of consent, later director blamed her saying it was her fault for putting herself in that position.

Its a shit movie. Even people who wanted it to succeed for its politics couldnt defend how shitty it was when they saw it.

loving all the white tears in this thread from people who couldnt give a fuck about blacks except this whole issue has triggered them because now they know a black man cant get away with rape they know their flat white asses aint gonna get away with it either

:^)

pretty much this

Never has a more true statement been uttered. Good fortune to you user

Not that user, but there's a clear difference between Hunger and Shame on one hand and 12YAS on the other. The first two seem like actual attempts at kino, whereas the last is just a well-made Oscar-bait flick

Blacks didn't see 12 Years a Slave either. They watch the same shit as the rest of the normies and except the occasional Kevin Hart or Madea movie.

The Sahara scenes would be supreme Kino though.

>trails of blood being covered by sand winds

Poetry.

I don't get it. Why is this considered a flop if it just released. It still has time to make some money

first 3 days are the highest you'll ever get, after than that word of mouth spreads and you'll just sink lower and lower. it probably make 9M but never break even

after the first 2 days, it only goes downhill.

long gone are the days of movies staying in theaters year round

This user gets it.

>be younger me
>be white male
>be SJW
>vote for Obama twice
>racism is a major problem
>sexism is a major problem
>be told all white people are to blame for every bad thing to ever happen to black people
>be told white people are privileged and racist
>be told no matter what despicable things they say about white people, only white people can be racist
>feel alienated from the cause
>go from would-be ally to disgruntled newly-racist
>be told all men are potential rapists
>be told all men enjoy privilege from the suffering of yesallwoman
>be told men cannot suffer sexism or be sexually assaulted by women
>disagree, get called woman-hating misogynistic bigot
>another would-be ally becomes alienated by misguided hatred
>become somewhat misogynistic bigot
>vote for Trump

No one cares for your blogpost crybaby.

of all the sad words of tongue and pen, the saddest are these, "Cred Forums was right again"

It will be at a all time high November 8

Listen goyim, literally the only factor in founding the USA was slavery, not one other thing was important, certainly not the constitution which is basically worthless now anyway.

Open border for Israel when?

>quoting your own post

If you can't recognize funposting then fuck off to tumblr

Black people don't watch movies or pay for entertainment. They spend their days livestreaming themselves smoking weed on periscope and collecting Obamabux

>stormfat shill crying

You believe in borders but not for other countries? fucking ameritard. Isreal deserves its borders just as much as any other country

You should read the RT reviews on this. Its the most biased bullshit ever. Literally 20 of the fresh says "one of the most incompetent movies ever made - but its for a good cause"

WTF?

Honestly, this should be probably a 29% or so.

No, black people pay for Tyler perry movies and the like

Shit like this they don't care about

>studio purchased Oscar bait movie hoping for awards
>now their name is forever attached to controversy with zero nominations guarenteed

:^)

Black people spend all their money on rims and gold teeth, and have none left over to go see movies