Is anyone pushing the boundaries of standup more than him?

Is anyone pushing the boundaries of standup more than him?

youtube.com/watch?v=rikABkMRubw

I thought Bill Hicks (pic related) made me think but damn...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Vu-CN2C-nJI
youtube.com/watch?v=sBm505wWlME
youtube.com/watch?v=Px4OYPxhQGk
youtube.com/watch?v=uj42_HyVfH8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

woops, skip to 5:15

wtf i hate stand up comedy now

here are some good comedians

>what was his fucking problem?!

>Burr and Chapelle not being God-Tier

>Patrice o"Neil Being Mid-Tier

>Jerry Sienfeld: God-Tier
>Doug Stanhope: Bottom Tier

>no Garry Shandling, no Andy Kaufman, no British and Irish Comedians

What's wrong with you?

Born too late.

Is he not better than Bill Maher?

>pushing the boundaries
This asshole is just another armchair philosopher. Fuck him and anybody who likes him.

>Stanhope
DUDE PSYCHEDELICS

>Chapelle and Patrice not being God-Tier
>Carlin not being JFDA tier

shit list desu

You're thinking of Mitch Hedberg, dipshit.

Doug Stanhope is into alcohol and downers, with the occasional mushrooms, but rarely talks about that.

I meant for a liberal tlk show. You know God damn whell Chapelle will take that on an alt-Left path

Please dear fucker please do this. I'm tired of arguing against hilarious Sam Hyde & I know Chapell will could make a change.
HAHHAHHHAHAH... it's comedy.

Chapelle>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Hedberg

no Don Rickles at the top so this list is entirely wrong.

Damn, that was funny.

>it's a teenager compiles a list episode

JOE REAGAN IS BOTTOM TIER.

Let me guess, yiu don't enjoy the works of Lard von Trier.

I hear you user. I hear you.

>no British
Eddie Izzard (Mid Tier at best) is on there, which means the list includes British stand up comedians, yet omits Stewart Lee (Top Tier imo), Bill Bailey (Mid-Top tier), Dylan Moran (Top Tier), Billy Connolly (Top-God tier) and so on.

Also
>jim norton above patrice in any list
>doug stanhope bottom tier

List needs some serious revision.

There are so many objectionable placements and omissions on this list I don't know where to start. The god tier is decent at least.

Patrice and Chappelle are God Tier. Hicks and Carlin are Mostly Social Criticism with Some Laughs Tier

George Carlin or gtfo. Also, check em.

Carlin only started doing that in the later half of his career, and even then it was never the majority of his act until his last special (which sucked)

I mean, Lenny Bruce was brillinat & all but seldom ever funny.

That wasn't Bruce's thing though. He wanted you to riot.

The rest of these fuckers wanted you to ponder Arbitrary stick in the mud.

Let us not compare the A#1 original political comic verses say,.. George Carlin.

What in the ever living fuck

Funny enough, Carlin was arrested alongside Lenny Bruce back then.

Whats with all the love for Patrice? He always seemed really one note to me. From what I remember the majority of his act was relationship drama that stemmed from the fact that both him and the girl that he was dating were completely fucking insane which led naturally into the age old "bitches be crazy" paradigm. Really hackneyed and unchallenging stuff. I like him on talk shows but his act always fell flat for me.

I'm open minded though. Anyone got any links that will red pill me on Patrice?

This guy is genuinely unhinged. His other videos are disturbing to watch.

A lot of love is probably for Patrice on talk shows and other appearances, but I think his standup is quite good too.

For him it's less about any specific routine, but his ability to riff on almost anything and have something funny to say with a lot of insight as well.

I've only heard two of his specials but they don't sound like what you're talking about. I like his Opie and Anthony appearances more than his standup but they're pretty similar.

him riffing on some guy's name for four minutes during a special:
youtube.com/watch?v=Vu-CN2C-nJI

I guess they're taking down O+A stuff on youtube since the first two clips I looked for aren't there anymore but here's one of my favorite moments, also Cred Forums related:

youtube.com/watch?v=sBm505wWlME

Bill Hicks is an unfunny faggot, much like you and the people who post on reddit.
Sage.

haha. I thought the same thing. Those are three comics whos albums I revisit every year for the past 4 years or so. This year I found Patrice's "lost" recordings, and the guy is ridiculously honest. I'd highly recommend it to anyone with an open mind.

Bill Hicks, Doug Stanhope and later George Carlin are all for children who just found out about politics. A lot of it isn't funny and exists solely to make you go "Yea the government IS bad!"

His albums are on Spofity. look them up.

Agreed.

Between Dick Gregory & Dennis Miller. Bill Hicks is shit.

Dennis miller, George carlin and john Stewart (in no particular order) were better than he was.

George carlin, in particular did everything hicks did but better and first, bill hicks was awesome though.

there's a good chance id rate hicks higher if his fans weren't so annoying

Dick Gregory pre-1980

Legend after, legend before, that "African nigger radiacal" went racial.

#DONTPOINTGUNSATCOPS4GODSAKE

I feel we need a Dave Chapelle pod cast.

he hasn't been funny post-crazy

He's back, Much like BRADY ******

fucking Cred Forums

He said Stanhope not Joe Rogan or Bill Hicks. Stanhope is just a drunk.

Not so much like BRADY because BRADY is BACK...

I want Chapelle back & I know he has his Stand-Up game back.
So what we hate you... you scared of us?

You will die in our hands either way.

>God Tier
Norm MacDonald

>Great Tier
Patrice O'Neal, Bill Burr

>Decent but unrelatable Tier

Jerry Seinfeld

>Edgy and great for their time (when Liberalism wasn't mainstream) Tier
George Carlin, Bill Hicks

>Transitional comedian for people with undeveloped taste
Louis CK

>Literally who gives a fuck
Most other comedians

Bring back fucking Lenny Bruce.

Dude was a fucking legend.

Youve got a spot within the pearly gates of Heaven for including Lenny Bruce in the spot you did.

The crazy thing being... Daviid Chapelle is Lenny but funnier.

You dont believe that. Thats alright youll learn kid.

LET CHAPELLE WRECK SHIT

he couldn't be worse than Norm on his worst day. he might be funnier?

Eh. That's nowhere near as crazy and energetic as Bill Hicks new shtick.

Have you bought your new filters and energy pills today from him?

Rich Hall is the only American comedian I like, not a fan of forced humour.

NORM Vs. DAVE 2017

HUMANITY NEEDS THIS

Seeing that Kovalev will possibly dismember Ward.

if this was a character it would be genius
but i think this guy is just a loser that thinks hes smart because he uses big words and hes "in touch with the zeitgeist"

>Is anyone pushing the boundaries of standup more than him?
Political Correctness has pretty much killed any hopes of that. Be sure to thank all your buddies.

you only like unintentional humor?

Ward will be too big to move. Kovalev has killed people for less.

He's a special snowflake. Can you imagine hanging out with this depressing fuck?

Bill Burr is great. Most comedians are just PC pussies. It's why chris rock quit doing college gigs. He said they don't laugh at anything because they're afraid to.

only numales would rank Patrice anything under top tier

Never found him funny when he was alive. Being dead hasn't changed it.

/thread

do you always speak so loudly when you have no idea what you're talking about?

Jim Norton is incredibly mediocre in his stand up but a god on the radio

>Literally defends political correctness for a whole 20 minutes whilst being a snarky cunt about it

He's no comedian, he just sits on stage and self righteiously brags for an hour.

off by one
try next time

Jim Noortan is the worst... a comedians friend.

dylan moran is irish you fucking brit

then you're probably a numale

I found him to be funnier than Bill Burr when alive and about equal to Bill Burr when dead

OK, so Dave Chapelle >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>the>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>fuck>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>were>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>you>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>thinking?

>that one time that madman user actually said something nice about stewart lee

lmao good banter mates, good times

Did I happen to name drop Norm MacDonald?

My God soccer suck.

#Sam Hyde is next

Sorry

watching tv talk about comedy is so tough. they really try to denounce carlin and hicks just cuz they're babbys first comedian but when you ask them their favorits UHHHH NORMACDONALD and [obscure english comedian who is too smart 4u]

>Lil Jimmy Norton above Patrice
>Eddie Murphy not in at least high tier

shit mang

carlin is as deep as stand up gets

Why did so many people on Cred Forums listen to O&A

Essentially this

Worse yet. Louis C.K. I have never heard the man say one remotely funny thing. Don't get all the hype.

Maria Bamford is more talented in her career at this point & she went insane.

>Sleeping on Maria
She'll cut your god damn neck.

Louis doesn't have punchlines. I still think he's much funnier than the average famous comedian though.

I mean the chapelle show is good but Mitch hedberg is literally the one and only watchable standup comedian that has ever existed

watch his 2015 set at the comedy store. hes got at least 3 or 4 good keks in there. unless you go into that shit saying to yourself over and over how unfunny he is cuz then that shit definitely wont be funny.

he was definitely funny about 6-7 years ago, I think he's a bit far up his own ass and has too many Hollywood friends these days though

Nah he was just a fat nigger, and you are a cuck.

One wastehead joke after another.

If you are looking for cocaine jokes, many comedic took that.

Adam Carolla. Pete Sampras with down syndrome

ARE YOU MOTHERFUCKING COMPARING THE TWO?

Chapelle would be the next best comic to Norm MacDonald & the other is a hack.

except he stole his whole act from Steven Wright

mitch hedberg isnt even mildly funny. he seemed kinda cool and died doing drugs. hes got a little bad boy mysticism but he isnt even kinda funny. next time youre watching him ask yourself if youre genuinely laughing or if youre faking it because it seems like the thing to do.

youre pathetic as fuck guy. kys

Not to rag on the guy. I think it's what's wrong with comedy today. Say one wrong thing and you're finished. Until I found bill burr I pretty much just gave up on comedians in general. No sam kinisons anymore.

youtube.com/watch?v=Px4OYPxhQGk

Yeah I know, and I didn't mean to imply that he was British but it looks like I did. My bad.

>I love this shitskin, look how hip and progressive I am!
How about you kill yourself, you white guilt faggot?

Is Maria done being insane? That's not true... that woman is insane.

Richard Herring is beyond god tier....he came up with my favorite alternative holiday Saint Skeletor's Day. He hits all the universals and particulars you know like birth,life, love, and death!
youtube.com/watch?v=uj42_HyVfH8

ever watched stanhope. he says literally every thing. then again he isnt particularly famous or doing well but he still has a career and doesnt punch a clock.

Nah, he's right pham. Patrice is god-tier. Check out "The Black Phillip Show" podcast if you ever get over that problem you've got going on.

When I think of Mitch hedberg I think of quick family friendly jokes

Forgot about this guy, he's decent but Mitch hedberg is slightly different and significantly better

dude his race has nothing to do with it. thats why youre pathetic. youre so caught up with race and its petty as fuck. you only do that because race is all you have in your life. you have no idea how pathetic that is. try going outside once in awhile. you really seem like the poster child for living in your moms basement. lemme guess you blame the jews for all your problems too right? youre probably totally unaware that wealthy whites made the jews rich by advertising on their programs. i wont even get into that. youre totally pathetic. seriously kill your whole family then yourself.

I don't know if you find him funny but Norm Macdonald clearly doesn't give a fuck about saying the wrong thing. Check out his youtube show.

You might like Jerry Sadowitz, good luck finding a vid of his stand up though. I used to have one of his sets on VHS but lent it out and never got it back.

Very funny stand up and has a great podcast as well.

>shout nonsense like a retard onstage
>get mad when people "don't get it"

Honestly didn't even know he did drugs, is that normal subject matter for him?

I absolutely despise standup comedy and I think he's the best because of some really funny short jokes my friend showed me by him that we're family friendly and innocuous, I loved them

your prayers have been answered

>this triggered rant
>>>/shitredditsays/

steven wright didnt invent deadpan or one liners

ok well he was a very popular standup comedian that did exactly the same thing as Hedberg before Hedberg

to be fair he did push boundaries, he just wasn't good

FUCK THE PLEB HEDBERG SHIT

GOD DAMN YOU JOHN MAYER DEADHEAD BASIC BITCHES]

hERE i AM PREACHING harry Nilsson & YURALL jERRY GARCIS UP MY FUCKING ASS

Never listened to Jerry Garcia but I like Harry Nilsson and Mitch hedberg

usually people respect pushing the boundaries because its pushing them into new territory

not for pushing them back inwards

OK. Favorite Nilsson album?

so i guess hicks is just ripping off carlin and everybody is ripping off pryor but pryor is just ripping off bruce in the end but bruce is probably ripping off some guy from a state fair in the 30's
just cause its a similar format doesnt mean its stealing jokes

no, there is a difference between being influenced and being exactly the same

Pryor was actually brilliant on his own though, if not GOD incarnate when he got into his own.

FUCK THAT PRYOR IS THE OBVIOUS GOAT HOW ARE YOU THIS STUPID?

ok which joke of theirs is exactly the same

learn 2 read

Never listened to a whole studio album I just listened to his greatest hits cd my dad had

1. Pryor
2. Dangerfield
3. Youngman
4. Rickles
5. Newhart

Dude I was saying being influenced by a previous comedian doesn't mean your stealing their material