It seems like every single sci-fi movie that has come out since 1999 has copied The Matrix is some way

it seems like every single sci-fi movie that has come out since 1999 has copied The Matrix is some way.

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/film/2009/oct/19/hollywood-ghost-in-the-shell
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Elaborate.

Man, I can't wait to hear about all those original ideas the Matrix had.

yeah I mean some even star people or have buildings or weapons, crazy how it all comes back to matrix

I can't think of a single one other than The Island.

This was awesome though

>mfw the greatest red pill film ever made was thought up by transexuals
really REALLY makes you think

Also they practically invented the "red pill" saying that Cred Forums uses

There is no such thing as originality

the red pilled is older than matrix

I don't remember the movie

>Fareneheit 451/1984 but for retards
>awesome
No wonder I forgot it.

There is a rumor that the Wachowskis actually stole the script for the movie from an uncredited writer. It would explain why every single one of their other movies have been no where near as good as the first Matrix.

And the Matrix copied Ghost in the Shell.

So what is the new Ghost in the Shellovie copying?
theguardian.com/film/2009/oct/19/hollywood-ghost-in-the-shell

Cloud Atlas was 9/10 though. Only plebs hate it.

Not Shoot em Up.

And Perfect Dark took inspiration from both

>inb4 Cred Forums

This movie is like the biggest movie action tribute

>those Sam Raimi fast cut editing
Yet it works so well

Primer
Moon
District 9

And the matrix copied ghost in the shell

also neuromancer and tons of other works

The entire idea that the world is our imagination comes from solipsism which is used as a thought experiment. It's sometimes used for things like testing a person's morals by questioning how he/she would react if it was the case that the world was entirely his/her imagination.

I wonder if their really gonna do Matrix Ressurection. Keanu was talking about that a couple of years ago. Its been 13 years since the last one came out.

Because its goat

>Ghost in the Shell.
and Masamune copied it from Neuromancer word for word

There's a comic called The Invisibles that deals with similar stuff. Guy gets recruited to a secret team fighting suit-wearing evil guys who control reality. Some scenes are almost identical (the Morpheus character getting tortured and rescued, and showing the new guy that reality is fake by making him jump a building.) The writer of the comic, Grant Morrison, claims that people who worked in the movie have told him that they were given Invisibles comics with notes like "make it look like this" and the like. He also said something like "they should've kept ripping off the comic, maybe the sequels wouldn't suck."