I just finished season 3...

I just finished season 3. So why did Gus want to kill them only because Walt killed those two drug dealers to save Jesse?
They had just killed a child and were pretty insignificant to Gus unlike Jesse and Walt, mainly.
Is it just lazy writing?

Because killing the two drug dealers puts Gus's operation at Risk. If the FBI looked into they would eventually make the connection.

it was more about them directly disobeying his will, for that they had to die. I agree that the whole situation is silly and contrived, especially that scene where those two lowlifes were able to get in a room with the mysterious criminal mastermind of a boss

Haven't watched it since it ended but Gus essentially went out on a massive limb for Walt, saving him from a Cartel hit after fucking over Tuco. Gus didn't give a shit about Jesse but literally just kept him around to keep Walt happy.

Walt just kept causing bullshit for Gus to take care of when he was already causing enough instability to Gus's operation.

It's not lazy writing, you're just a moron apparently.

Plus Walt finally revealed how mentally unstable he was. Gus didnt want someone like that working in his operation. Hence why Gus tried to replace them both with Gale.

None of them ultimately meant anything to Gus. Walt's meth probably made him a few extra million but that's nothing too, next to getting caught.

Gus wanted to kill them because Walt had proven that, despite his skills as a chemist, he was reckless and impossible to control due to his pride, and would inevitably endanger Gus's operation.

How is that mentally unstable?

He cared about Jesse and needed to save him from himself.

It was a way to lazily write conflict into the corner the writers got themselves in. Walt was in a pretty sweet deal, he does his job in a nice comfy office, makes tons of money and no danger.

They should have stuck with the whole "Walt gets complacent and hates himself for it so he decided to take control and get on top like he never did in his life" angle they seemed to be going for, but chickened out in an effort to keep Walt "sympathetic" and "the good guy".

They failed pretty hard at that by the end

Gus felt cucked when Walt killed his men, so he wanted to reverse cuck Walt

I interpreted it as Gus wanting to egg Jesse on to do something stupid as a way of getting better control of Walt. No way Gus who was very careful associated with street level thugs.

Walt chose Jesse over Gus and Gus realized that the real problem with the duo wasn't Jesse, it was Walt.

This show is so much better than Plebwood and these italian wannabe gangsters from NJ

>Walt told Gus about the kid for Jesse
>Gus said "I'll take care of it"
>ded kid, very little trail
>Jesse gets mad
>goes to kill thugs
>Walt crashes his car and shoots them
>big incident especially if they had Blue Sky on them
>Gus realizes Walt and Jesse are a risk (which leads to him splitting them up)
>Gus also hires Gale as a future replacement for Walt (if he can copy him) because Walt is a real risk while Jesse is still a trainable dog under Mike
It's all about risk aversion. Gus had an incredibly secretive operation and was somewhat neurotic about it.

No, keep in mind it was Jese they were trying to make sympathetic, not Walt.

Jesse was the one who wanted to kill them. Walt was just protecting Jesse.

Much of the theme of the series and the look into Walter's pysche has to do with his love for Jesse.

Jesse was the son Walt always wanted. Walt loved his own son, but he also hated him for being imperfect. How could a crippled child come from a genius like Walt? Jesse gave him an out. Jesse was not smart, but he listened and learned and even Walt had to recognize how good he became.

Walt would do anything for Jesse. Walt murdered, several times, for Jesse.

Walter's familiy was his pride. His ego. But Jesse was his love (no homo).

Jesse killed a dog. Fuck Jesse.

I'll tell you what, OP. Enjoy the height of the show while you can. It really declines after season 4 and especially after the halfway of season 5.

Ending is alright.

Jesse didnt kill a dog you retard.

But man he sure did slay some fine ass pussy.

Ayy

too bad both of his bitches die

I guess Jesse really did kill a bitch then :(

The fact that people were calling it the best show ever made is a joke. It was fun and stupid for a while until it fell apart in S4. Yes the writing is lazy.

Exactly because of that. His reasons were because of his emotions and feelings. He decided to risk his life to save someone even more unstable (Jesse). Gus saw the danger on Walter's attitude and unlike Jesse, Walt was too smart to be tame (like we see on season 4 and 5).

>Is it just lazy writing?
Welcome to Breaking Bad.