J.J. Abrams BTFO once again

"With Gene Roddenberry's shows you can see beyond the surface action-adventure, the surface humour and entertainment. You were able to also guess at 'Oh, that's what they're talking about: it's the Cold War or it's climate change'. Star Trek IV [The Voyage Home] was not just about our flashing back in time to San Francisco in the 20th century, it was about the key role that whales play in our environmental chain. That is what made Gene Roddenberry's Star Trek so enriching and so challenging – you look for that additional dimension. With the rebooted films, it's just that surface entertainment."

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=je-w7Fat3sM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_interracial_kiss_on_television
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Dunno George, Star Trey Beyond felt a lot like the classic Trek IV / Trek VI style.

>surface entertainment
DEVASTATING

Hes a filthy fag leftist, but he's right

It was SJW shit.
>but user ST was always progressive
Not that same thing as SJW. There's a hope and optimism to classic trek's preaching that modern society just doesn't have.

The surface of what?

You're too stupid to be outside of Cred Forums.

>that additional dimension

if he had said this before Beyond, he'd be right. Beyond nails all the core themes of ST while having entertaining action to boot. I think it's one of the best ST movies easily.

I don't like JJ and I don't like the SJW shit he tried to push in the latest Star Trek, but I'd like to assert that a film not pushing some sort of political message isn't a bad thing.

>1960's Star Trek
>Hansome WHITE MAN and first mate ALIEN WITE MAN leads a group of racist stereotypes
>Women have few lines, black women answers the phone and has a crush on the WHITE MAN

VI was a deep political thriller

and dat mindrape scene..

Piller Trek > Behr Trek > Roddenberry Trek > JJ Trek

Nah, you're just an apologist and a contrarian.

>inb4 you reply and pretend you're not even though your reply is irrelevant

Well, I mean, look who wrote the first two nuTrek movies - Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci & Damon Lindelof. The trifecta of vapid, paint-by-numbers modern screenwriting mediocrity.

>science fiction
>anything but trivial surface entertainment

but kirk and spock are both jews..

>1960's Star Trek

Those things you just listed are extremly progressive for their time in the 60's man. That was when LBJ and the civil rights acts were going on.

The gay Asian hits aforementioned nail on said head.

leddit fag

you forgot these two geniuses

>Brannon Bragga

Literally mouth-breathing.

>black women answers the phone

Here's the thing about Uhura - when she spoke, everyone on the bridge stopped & listened. She commanded more respect than anyone in that room save Kirk himself. Because without her, the whole ship was deaf & mute.

It had literally one pointless throwaway SJW moment, and was a good movie otherwise. Don't be a pussy.

>legit gay objects to his character being made a token, SJW's decry him.

POTTERY

It's over.

>daily reminder Brannon Braga fucked Jeri Ryan

While she was married to another man.

>Mostly white heroes
>Kill the black man villain
>SJW

wat

Lindelof has earned my respect back with The Leftovers

daily reminder that Jeri Ryan refused to go to a sex club with her husband and fuck other men so they got a divorce
later that man ran for senate and had a (good) shot at winning until the sealed divorce proceedings were opened by orders of a judge even though both sides didn't want them to be made public
this allowed the then unknown community organizer Barack Obama to easily win.

Did obama and the DNC have anything to do with getting the judge to open the divorce papers...no one knows

Really makes you think.

Just stop user. Star Trek Beyond was as "SJW" as every other Star Trek. If OG Trek came out today you'd call it SJW just like you do literally everything.

It was an action movie with flavor of trek.

Why are you opposed to gays in Star Trek?

>She said on arriving at the third club, in Paris, "people were having sex everywhere. I cried. I was physically ill. [He] became very upset with me and said it was not a 'turn on' for me to cry."
wew

Did the success of Star Trek go to his head? I watched the original Roddenberry version and it seemed like surface entertainment.

It had the first interracial kiss on TV and a Russian actor as a good guy.

obama wanted it open he engineered it behind the scenes :^)

Yeah, but it was more than that, it was comfy surface science fiction entertainment that everyone can enjoy. The behind the scene drama just makes it extra special.

>Garrett Wang broke down crying at some convention talking about people fighting on set with Jeri Ryan sitting next to him

im in agreement with sulu

the last two movies are empty -- even the dorky old original shows, despite the shitty special effects, had at least some interesting pithy meaning or irony

First inter-racial kiss dawg

I'd agree with him about 09/Into Darkness, but Beyond actually had some commentary on the effects of imperialism and the military not supporting veterans.

what

youtube.com/watch?v=je-w7Fat3sM

An interractial kiss in the Star Trek universe was inevitable. It was just a matter of when and which white man will get their taste of dark brown woman on national television.

>Star Trek universe
>inevitable
You're saying that like Gene Roddenberry had the other four series and movies planned out in 1969 when TOS went off the air.

I meant that humans in Star Trek were so advanced that an interracial kiss wouldn't be a big deal. Just worded it poorly

Thanks to Jeri Ryan we have a black man in the white house. She is truly the Dark Knight :^)

Am I missing something, what's the deal with these arbitrary angles

christ
as if i needed another reason to hate ensin kim

one wonders if he also did this do the supreme court when Obama blackmailed Justice Roberts to find in his favor as he could say that Robert's adopted kid was illegally adopted from ireland

hahaha classic Obama

It's literally not

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_interracial_kiss_on_television

>Beautiful busty woman
>She desires monogamy
>He rebukes her even though plenty of women out there who would love to be whores.
I want to go back in time just to kill her husband.

Fucking Flinstones were progressive, first TV program to show a couple sleeping in the same bed.

Lidelof should just never work on sequels or reboots, he always fucks them up.

Yes, progressive is relative to the time the work was created. You're very observant.