Great writing, great cast.

The board game was just a red herring.

> The board game has a story and characters to begin with
> Ensemble cast
> Every character is written, acted, and directed well
> Every character has a backstory
> Every character gets the spotlight at different times
> Good set and costume design that passively evokes the board game
> Used enough artistic license to expand on the basic premise enough that it's a real movie with real characters but not so much that it should just be an unrelated movie
> Alternate endings

>forgetting about the kino classic Battleship

it didn't have much to do with the board game

the multi endings (different ones shown at different theaters) was a cool idea

and its literally a 10/10 cast

that's not a gif? i am truly tripping balls.

Such a comfy movie

Tim Curry is GOAT

I don't get this. The jokes were horrendous, there was no coherent mystery involved, the cinematography was flat, and the idea of making a movie about a board game was horrendously stupid. There are plenty of mystery movies, so garbage like this has no purpose.

>Now I'm gonna go home and have sex with my wife!

It's mediocre.

Not good.

> no coherent mystery
A group of codenamed, blackmailed strangers are trying to figure out who among them murdered their blackmailer.

I should have said that its the solution isn't coherent. Basically a bunch of redherrings, as the multiple endings show. I guess that's the point, but that doesn't make a satisfying movie up until then. Horrendous jokes and very hammy acting does not a compelling mystery make.

I'm not being a contrarian, this movie wasn't well-received, and when I saw the movie, I understood why. As I said before, making a movie out of a boardgame is an incredibly stupid idea, but I don't see why Clue had to be a black, yet dumb comedy.

Best 80s movie desu

My guess is that the plot was structured so as to make multiple endings possible.

You're giving it too much credit. The movie up until that point had few definite leads, (at least form what I remember), so just about anybody could have been killers from the audience perspective.

I lost my shit watching Clue as a kid. The "scary" bits (if you could even call them that) got me up and on edge and then the jokes made me lose it, I was at an emotional height the entire damn time.

Aren't they remaking this?

What did mean by this if you take into account that Battleship what that did that what it what did do for cinema and even or kino that I'm not a robot

It's barely about the board game or anything, it's just a murder mystery that had a good script. It helps that it's mostly funny first and a case to solve second

That's more or less what I mean. A producer probably had the idea for different endings so the script was written to allow for it. It's possible that it all happened by accident but why would they go through the trouble of scripting out each ending of which there are only three?

>It helps that it's mostly funny first
>implying
>Your lure men to their deaths like a spider with flies.
>Mrs. White: Fliesnote are where men are most vulnerable.
>mostly funny
>implying

Okay, I don't agree. If you give nothing definite for an entire film and clearly don't care about plausibility and you're making a comedy, you can easily just make up some shit so anyone could have done it.

FALMES
ON THE SIDE OF MY FACE

This. The movie is funny and charming and based Tim Curry keeps it going 99% of the time and when he's not on the screen Miss. Scarlett's ass and Yvette (the Maid) do. It has some sophisticated running jokes although it moves very fast pacing-wise and only feels slow because it decides to chew up a lot of scenery to get us into the feel of each room once every 15 minutes or so. I didn't like the multiple endings as a kid but now I realize that's what makes the whole movie. Maybe you had to be there but it's fun and any time I see it on TV I'll turn it on. Also own it on dvd just in case of a stormy night with old friends.

BREATHIG-HEAV-HEAVING BREATHS

Your premise would make more sense if there weren't alternate endings. Because they're there the vagueness in the movie's events are more likely deliberate.

Which sounds more typical of the moviemaking process?

Scenario A:
> Producer: How about we do alternate endings? That way we can mix things up in the theaters. Make 'em see it more than once when they hear about them.
> Director: Uh, okay. I'll see what I can do. We'll write the plot vague enough to allow for that.

Scenario B:
> Director: Well would you look at that? This movie's sequence of events are vague enough that we can film two other endings! And we just so happen to have the budget for that!
> Producer: Excellent idea!

I meant I didn't agree that you're giving it too much credit it having the movie structured like that. I'll it's more likely it was planned to have multiple endings, it would have been more difficult to have an actual mystery that could be solved instead of making everything up until then red herrings. It was mostly just hamming acting, bad jokes, and people getting killed with no real leads. And then Tim Curry figures it out, or he doesn't and he's actually the killer. I don't remember the endings to well.