Shin Godzilla thread

Old thread is past bump limit. Share your thoughts if you saw it. Don't forget to spoiler

OLD THREAD

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=o6qAIaqK3_Q
twitter.com/Cinemex/status/785262072196194305
youtube.com/watch?v=h9MxtEdPA84
youtube.com/watch?v=CrXTS10h2WI
youtube.com/watch?v=66SAVZ4JxY8
youtube.com/watch?v=TYaDG0ifTj4
vimeo.com/64987176
youtube.com/watch?v=xKucEJACM6s
funimationfilms.com/movie/shingodzilla/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I thought it was good. It was amazing up until the 3rd act, which i thought was very weak.

It was well shot and that scene where he first uses his lazer was really captivating.

I had so much fun watching it. The storytelling was largely whatever, but I was in it to see what Anno would do, and I loved seeing his signature shots. It was a great time and I'm glad I went.
Don't know why I saw complaints that the satire would go over Americans' heads. I heard lots of laughter in the theater.

I'm tempted to agree, the ending felt pretty anti-climactic though I did like that he kept fighting until the last possible moment and if that hadn't worked nothing could have stopped him. I'm thinking though that in addition to all its themes of anti-bureaucracy, anti-nuke, anti-US nanny state stuff, it's a more personal film about doing what you want and reacting how you feel is right rather than desiring the confusing, meaningless approval of others.

The satire elements were great and really unexpected, very funny film with a lot of sharp wit. I was a little unclear on exactly what that missing scientist did to "awaken" Godzilla or whatever. He jumped into the sea and was absorbed by him? Is that what happened? Also loved the opening reference to Fulci's Zombi with the mysterious boat floating into the harbor leading to the discovery of the monster

All in all it was 8/10 for me. Lots of people in my theater thought it was stupid though, especially the beam stuff. And yet they all clapped at the end like the plebs they are, go figure

RIP in peace crane team 1.

>middle aged couple is sitting a few seats to the left of me
>they walk out after 5 mins, presumably because they didn't know it would be in nihongo with subtitles

How is it possible to be informed enough to know about this limited release yet not know it's a subtitled foreign film?

Movie itself was pure fucking kino. Worth watching for the cinematography alone. Anno once again raises the bar.

This movie is a masterwork of tokusatsu, a fantastically well shot movie, and a genius and more elegant re-imagining the spirit of Gojira. My theater however was full of fucking chucklehead pieces of shit who, when they werent going to the bathroom every 5 seconds, were constantly fucking laughing and never stopped their little whispers all across the whole venue. Denver Film Society might as well have been a fucking crackhouse projecting a chinese camrip of the movie for what the experience was. Can't wait to put some good subs on a Blu-Ray release.

Shin-Godzilla's tail is made of HOPES AND DREAMS

I got back from seeing it earlier
Fucking great Godzilla film
I'm eagerly waiting for the sequel
Wonder what kind of shit they're going to do

it was great, except the political incompetence joke went on too long, and 1st wave godzilla was ugly as fuck. Why was it shimmering like water?

also: Anno somehow found a way to reverse the complaint about godzilla: you see him throughout the movie, but he hardly does shit. Why make him dormant for so long instead of just letting him rampage around a little

Were those mini godzillas growing in his tail?

>movie hints at a joint US/Japan Godzilla Defense Intitiative
>Shin Godzilla 2
>14 years in the future
>The US and Japan have been building biomechanical robots from the remnants of Gojira
>Only children gestating during the attack can pilot them
>German-American pilot is a spunky redhead
>Japanese pilot is Yaguchi's estranged son
>mfw Shin Godzilla 2 is actually Evangelion 3.0+1.0

Absolutely based Anno. Is this what EVA could look like without waifus?

Thought you were talking about my theater until you said Denver. One guy in my row went to the bathroom three different times.

>without waifus
But the autistic frumpy no-makeup scientist girl is my waifu, user

LOVED it but fuck my theater sucked, people really committed to overexerting laughter at the chuckle worthy stuff and adding in just dumb comments.

>badass godzilla survives a missile strike and emerges from the smoke
>laughter
what the fuckkkk

Form 1 was a big bubba.
If he was small enough, I'd love to have him warm my feet.

user, we have the Rei/Asuka 2.0 here

Form 1 was adorable

I want science girl to be my gf, and I want to cement my dick into Daddy's girl's ass

US girl is definitely more like Misato

Even though it sucked ass it feels a little nice to know there were other people suffering around the country due to retarded bastards laughing, snickering, and chuggin down beers just to stumble to the bathroom like a jackass. I wasn't fuckin prepared for that shit.

This actually really bummed me out. I wasn't expecting them at all to get fucking obliterated point blank there.

How were the subs? Did they handle the whole "text on the screen" thing well?

As well as they could have. Anno's autistic need to classify every piece of military hardware did admittedly clutter the screen but at least all non-dialogue subs were at the top of the screen, so as to avoid confusion.

why did they keep switching to Engrish even though were already speaking in japanese?

My theater was really quite. Aside from a few hushed chuckles where appropriate there was really no noise. The line about soggy noodles was the loudest the theater got. (there were maybe 30-40 people in the audience).

The "Who Will Know" scene really pumped me up though. It was gripping.

No
They felt the need to add subtitles for almost every person and area they visited and oftentimes it would overlap with the actual subtitles

I think maybe 15 minutes or so could've been cut from the third act.

I also didn't really like the Japanese American girl.
I just could not fucking buy the engrish and the "future US president" thing.

Besides that, really good film, of course.
As expected, Anno's cinematography's fucking impeccable.
8/10

>"future US president"
My theater laughed at this.

Same here

Movie was meh. Godzilla 1985 was better. Didn't have over-beam spam, vagina beam mouth or stupid Japanese-American girl speaking Jap-American-English. Just loved the JSDF wank too. EVERY round hit the target 100%. No civilian deaths from friendly fire. And the anti-USA was way too over the top. Japan really has a stick up their ass. They just dont get it. They messed with the BULL and got the horns (nuked twice) and they feel they should be pitied. We should have nuked them some more before letting them surrender.

>USA jap lady
>Last name fucking Patterson
>Speaks English worse than native Japanese

This is my first godzilla movie

Well they hired her for her face not her english. Sadly They couldn't find a real Jap-American for the role

>that one guy who completely misunderstood the movie and missed the point

Is this in it?
youtube.com/watch?v=o6qAIaqK3_Q

yes

Yup, and it's perfectly placed in the movie.

Oh yeah it's in
The soundtrack is pretty fucking great
There's one scene where there's a random guitar metal scene in it that doesn't fit 100% and it's cheesy as fuck but other than that one song, the rest of the soundtrack is top tier

I'll agree with anons about act three being a little too weak, but goddamn when he busts out the atomic breath that first time my jaw was actually hanging open the entire time, I've never had that happen to me before, it just keeps ramping up from the fire to the laser to the back lasers Anno's got his large scale destruction down pat

Overall it was a lot better than I had expected, trailers looked good but I was wary,thankfully it was solid. Also my theater was okay, no talking or laughing to speak of, just some coughing. Listening to the mouthbreathers immediately start editorializing the moment credits rolled wasn't particularly pleasant though.

glad I wasnt the only one put off by that piece

>JDAMs are used

so how the fuck did that scientist figure out Godzilla's DNA before killing himself?

Origami

Excellent, thanks. This the one thing I was disappointed wasn't in the 2014 Godzilla, I'm a huge fan of this piece.

There was actually a dub joke at one point

yah, thats how the task force solved it, but how did HE do it?

PLEASE RELEASE TORRENT FOR THE REST OF THE WORLD

Go out to a theater and watch it
Support it, it's a great Godzilla movie

They mention he worked for American companies

That train scene was goat, my theatre went crazy

>REST OF THE WORLD
probably isnt an option for him

I thought it was kind of bad. Running them into his legs was fine, but how the fuck did they manage to make it all the way up to his shoulders before exploding

What's with the reviews of there being too much talking?

Reviewers with no experience of Godzilla revising a very traditional Godzilla movie

How did the scientist in the beginning disappear?

What's the plan?
Piss it off.
How do we do that?
Start by stubbing his toe with an exploding bullet train.

The sheer amount of stuff they did to piss him off was hilarious.

At one point we thought the bulldozers were gonna trundle up to his head and start booping his nose with their pushers. Just for that added insult. It was so great.

tfw no cute lil ziller

Its funny because the first godzilla i felt didnt have much talk. Godzilla showed up in the first 20 mins as a cameo and i enjoyed the talk of ancient dinosaurs.

Never once did i feel it dragged on so if the new godzilla is just like the original then i will enjoy

It really wasn't all that anti-US, though. The US was willing to work with them at the last second for the emergency plan. They went with the nuke out of panic, but really it was the UN, mostly Russia and China, pushing for it more than anyone.

I already find godzilla cute in giant movie form... is there something wrong with me? ._.

>tfw Mexico is getting the movie but not the UK

Just got back. Full theater, which was good to see. A couple of people couldn't handle all the hot and heavy boardroom action and left early. Effects looked totally fine to me, I liked how the different forms had very different physicality. The US ambassador chick was hot and has my vote when she hits her 40s. People clapped at the end and the vibe of the chatter when the lights came up was positive.

7.5/10, if the other two nights weren't already sold out I'd see it again.

Did Cred Forums come to the same conclusion that the tail people are the smaller offspring they talked about Godzilla being able to create since they clearly showed onscreen that it was an aesexual organism, and do you think the idea of him evolving into a winged form will come up in the sequel?

jumped into the ocean next to godzilla and probably boiled alive

leaving your shoes behind next to each other is a traditionally japanese thing to do for suicidal people for some reason

Kino'ing the audience ?

whats next ? analysing your own reaction from an alternative pysche ?

probably.jpg

It's only natural to find Japanese things cute, user. It's a quaint country filled with quaint people.

I could never live there myself but I'm glad they exist to liven things up a bit and get to experience the occasional nuclear weapon

did the theater lights go up early for you too?

I thought the people in charge had just fucked up

This is by far some of the best monster design i have ever seen.

The fence ruins it

GODZILLA DIRECTED BY DAVID LYNCH WHEN?

I have no idea about the director of this 2016 Zilla film but I remember seeing a tv spot for an anime he did and it was so Lynchian. Very cool

First form looked like a motherfucker Bloodborne boss or some shit
When his gills were expelling blood was fucking incredible

nah its pretty natural, with the big eyes and the smile-like mouth

Japan is like the only pure place left on Earth

Oh that sucks

source?

>I have no idea about the director of this 2016 Zilla film
He's God's gift to humanity, and the only true auteur in the field of anime

Dude I was in the same theater. SIA? Fuckin terrible audience.

Strange how those eyes make me wanna nurture it as a pet...

Back up to preview levels halfway through the credits, fully on after they finished. Same as any other showing I've been to. Why, when did they bring up yours?

One of the only complaints I have is that I wish his evolution scenes had been a little more dramatic. I was expecting more of a reveal when his arms unfolded/extended, and even just a quick cutaway at some point of him growing into stage four would have been cool.

Sharing this cool picture from the last thread.

How does Anno manage to make his shots look so interesting? I swear 90% of the shots were Kubrick-tier. Even scenes of mundane shit looks amazing.

Anyone have that Batmam V Superman "Mothra" image parody please?

I gotchu senpai

All those tank shots were so good and realistic and the camera stuck to one of the tanks was really interesting.

Way better than American cinema quick zoom shots that dont look good at all

Because you have low standards.

Thanks

they brought them up...I think it was during the freezing parts with the cranes. I dunno, mightve been sooner or later, but there was still a small portion of the movie to go even before they were staring at godzilla frozen in place. A lot of other people noticed, and I was wondering if Anno had left i to be a symbolic thing to the viewer or something

Guess it was the theater being stupid

Yeah, I expected so much better behavior out of a place that looked like they had their shit together and had nice stuff around, although I guess its not the theater's fault Godzilla is normiebait. That was my first time there and I'm basically never going back. I'll just steal my foreign kino and hide alone in my darkened apartment forever.

Oh shit I'm cumming
Thanks user. saved

>tfw the bridge scene

twitter.com/Cinemex/status/785262072196194305

Also funimation gained the rights for distributing the film through america in general (south central and north)
all we need is the released dates

>TELL ME... DO YOU BLEED?

I dunno if I'd call the rest of his work Lynchian exactly, but he definitely has an eye for visuals

I don't get it

lmao yeah it was my first time there too. I could see going to like some american indie movie or something with a smaller audience. But yeah. Godzilla attracts the dudes who feel obligated to go because they bought a t-shirt of it at Target.

Where it fell in the river?
What about it?

Yeah thats def Lynchian like

You should watch this live performance he directed. He pissed off all the fans because he had constant flashing lights, objects, a laughing girl popping up throughout the performance

>Mexico is getting the movie

I really hope this is true and if it is true I hope it gets released in the whole country

>yfw Satomi Ishihara roofied the English language in the movie

10/10 in my book
Can't wait for a sequel which is most likely confirmed

kek
what a madman

Who is doing this art?
Its fucking incredible

youtube.com/watch?v=h9MxtEdPA84
Awesome song. Sounds much better compared to the studio recording

something incredible usually inspires people to make this stuff.

youtube.com/watch?v=CrXTS10h2WI

PAYBACK

a bunch of japs on pixiv judging by the filenames

The bad accents make it authentic

I wish movies were made just like this art. Reminds me of Captain America Civil War's comics. You look at that illustration and then compare it to the bland film airport scene with a white cloudy sky, bad color filters.

I find most of it on pixiv

A good bet is to search シン・ゴジラ, though you might have to dig to get to the better stuff

A good chunk of it is on later pages

You have to purchase the posters in order to see high resolution :/ fug

I wanted a copy of that bottom one

damnit

Just got out of the screening. I thought it was great. Really digging the new look, with hopes that detailed Godzilla toys will soon follow.

Animators have a pretty good eye for things like composition, usually.

fuck yeah

this poor guy has become quite obsessed with her

You're in luck, there already are AND THEY'RE ALL SOLD OUT EVEN IF IT HASN'T RELEASED YET

he draws a pretty great little cartoon caricature of her though, gotta give him that

I wonder what the official DVD/Blu Ray cover will look like.

So is it confirmed kino?

Waifu4laifu.

Holy shit this one's really good.

I love how low the camera is

Which monster do you think will be in the sequel? Will godzilla fly?

What is a 3rd act?

yeah, gives it a real authentic feeling. iirc anno used shots like that occasionally in eva too

wish someone re-does this pic with those two

rekt

I think he helped perpetuate and create it

>nature girl was the cop in Anno's live-action Cutie Honey

Mind fucking obliterated.

Pretty much everything after the atomic breath scene. The "solution" was just very weird and awkwardly executed.

CGI behind scenes
youtube.com/watch?v=66SAVZ4JxY8

Anno
youtube.com/watch?v=TYaDG0ifTj4

everything was booked tonight so I ended up at a theatre I never been to before, I was one of those ones where you can order food and the theatre is set up like a dining hall almost? It was pretty bad, I seriously thought about leaving in the beggining, and all through the movie had to watch from the back while waiters were walking back and forth with plates full of burgers, pizza and chicken wings, I regret everything

>tfw no godzilla bf

I feel that there are many ways to interpret that scene, which I like.

man, they way the skeletons themselves look so human is fucking genius, it's one of the most unsettling things I've ever seen

Gotta ask the dumb question
Is his roar the exact same as previous ones?

I didnt like those shimmering wave effects he had in phase 1

the way the trains hit godzilla was pretty weird, they kind of climb up him, felt like they kind of forced the cg to do that even though train would probably never crash like that in real life

I had a couple sitting next to me who if I had to guess were late forties - early fifties and they walked out too, though they at least made it past the halfway point.

anyone who saw it compare the pic related guy with my pic related black guy as the archetype character who will still suceed no matter what?

Left: PC
Right: Consoles

It reminded me of a cuttlefish changing colors. It seemed to make sense with the aquatic nature of Zilla and the theme of change.

uh, yeah... pretty much.., it's unfortunato

I thought the exact same thing

The second form(first land form that bleeds everywhere) seems to have been based on these

Huh. The eyes make a lot of sense now.

That's the guy from Robocop (1987) and, yes, I kinda got that vibe. However, because it was a nerdy Japanese movie dealing, even slightly, with their government, I'm going to give to give them a lot of slack.

they probably just liked the visual and went with it regardless of realism

I mean, shit, they don't have the first amendment.

Pic related is the first form before he goes on land. We dont see it in the film.

Jesus christ, what the fuck?

as someone who's been waiting for a kaiju movie like that, it was perfect

what are they calling the things sprouting out of his tail at the end of the movie? Angels? Demons? Wraiths? Skeletons? Evas?

???

the really blunt negative one? yeah she was pretty hot

reminder that anno is a self-hating autist who thinks you're all man children who need to grow up even though all his shit is made specifically for you

anno embraces his autism these days
him and miyazaki are basically the same person after taking two different paths
there's a reason they're such good friends

I want them all, including Bearzilla.

the people that got nuked didn't get a chance to be pitied you piece of shit, they're fucking dead

some people survived the nuke, you know. there was one guy who was in both hiroshima and nagasaki one after the other and survived

Even in nge, anno used a lot of embryo imagery to evoke a sense of divine design

because mothra is mecha kongs mom

>I like some, but I hate others
Sounds like my opinion on anime too.

I watched it on release here in Japan. Loved it but obviously couldn't follow all the talking as I don't understand the language well.

Looking forward to getting some subtitles when the bluray rip drops

I know. How do we deal with a brand that hates it's target clientele intrinsically?

I really loved the one in the electronics store, with the lone guy watching the televisions, that cuts away just after the power goes out.
I noticed a lot of strong shots, with sudden lighting shifts that cut away like that throughout.

I want a sequel NOW
I want to know what the fuck is going on with the baby ones on his tail
His tail was freaking me out the whole movie and thank god there was a reason for it at the end

his first two forms could probably have been taken out with just the helicopter rounds, they look pretty squishy looking

Yeah no doubt
If he didn't worry about the civilians in that instance and opened fire upon the newly evolved guy, the PM would have saved everyone a lot of trouble
Far less interesting movie too but whatever

Thought the same thing, if the PM hadn't backed off at the last second to save two old people crossing the street they probably could have taken out third form.

that was twenty years ago, he's changed a lot, even with just this film, post-godzilla Anno feels different

that part was just sad, like why even bring it up, if your floating up in a helicopter about to unleash holy hell on this thing, are you really going to report some random guy off in the distance running around in circles to your superiors?

Is this bait?

Will Anno win an Oscar for best forgeign film?

if you evacuate a million people out of the vicinity of a city section, two people running by is nothing, what are these guys supposed to report on every stray cat they see running through the cross-roads before they signal an all clear to fire at this 50 meter monster?

>mfw no Godzilla 2016 costume for Halloween
Or is there?

Did you miss the whole first half of the movie going into painstaking detail of the flaws of the bureaucratic system when faced with unknown variables?

at least make it like 10 people or something trying to get away, 2 is just laughable

Sadly not because Murica didnt release the film in every cinema to get more to see it :(

I don't think this limited run is long enough to qualify for the Academy, I wanna say it has to be a week at least

One of my favorite parts was how they used an eva track during all of the planning scenes. I don't remember the name of it but it's the timpani/percussion heavy track.

Decisive Battle

shut the fuck up

I thought it was pretty middle of the road. It wasn't bad, but I just didn't get very invested in it and the weak third act didn't really help. Still I don't get why people are calling it anti-American. It wanted the US to stop treating Japan like a tributary state or a child, but the US still plays a very active role in helping defeat Godzilla. After all it was wave after wave of clearly marked American drones that deplete Godzilla's radioactive breath to the point where the SDF can blow up the buildings and the tankers can move in.

Did think it was kind of funny that forgot the Britbongistan is a member of the security council when they named off the US, China, Russia, and France.

that's the point

Holy fuck I had the same issue with the constant laughing at Seattle. It wasn't even shit that kinda made sense to laugh at, they would just burst out at stuff like when you saw the wounded civilians.

Am I fucked if I want to watch it and I am in EU?

That looks like Yaz

I really just want to see if he is still a good filmmaker. Because Godzilla 2016 was nice, but did not really tell a story different from the original, I believe?

In any case, after having seen Eva 1-3, I doubt he is all that great anymore. I want to see other films of his that don't focus on this franchise to see if he still can go.
And I'd want to see how Godzilla would have turned out, if it was done around the time of NGE. How much of a difference that would have made (it could not have been all too nihilistic because Toho would still control it, after all, so no total end scenario unless it was the ending movie of the saga).

That scene was legitimately fucking terrifying.

When he knocks out the lights I felt my stomach drop.

Who?

>Because Godzilla 2016 was nice, but did not really tell a story different from the original, I believe?
Maybe in the simplest sense of them both being about a monster attacking Tokyo

God Warriors

vimeo.com/64987176

Was not either about being afraid of nukes and the power of it

same here senpai

Yoshikazu Yasuhiko

I laughed too.

She could barely speak English.

should I drive 20 minutes to see this with my girlfriend tomorrow? or should I get drunk and scream at her instead?

You should probably just beat her instead.

Women will never understand Kaiju Kino.

not watching kaiju kino and then scream at her afterwards

that artist does a shitload of gundam fanart so i imagine its intentional

You should drive 20 minutes to see this with your GF then SKREEEEEOOOOOOOOOONKKKKKKKKK* at her all the way home.

>Girlfriend only likes the campy Godzilla films.
>She liked this one.

Finally we agree on something. I only like '54,'84 and 2014

>went with GF
>she was giggling and making comments half the movie

I apologize for nothing.

So is this just Godzilla fucks the city up like the original or is it Good Guy Godzilla helps beat off a monster?

Torrent when?

No.

It's unstoppable force of nature Godzilla fucks up a city.

What roar do they use?

when hes full form its his regular from the older movies

Until Shin Godzilla II, where he helps the people battle a monster made up from hurt social media feels.

There won't be Shin 2 unless Anno comes back, for now we have to settle with next year's anime movie, it is gonna be futuristic and directed by Urobuchi.

>when Decisive Battle kicks in
>Then play it again later on but add in some guitar

Anno you fucking madman.

Godzilla 85 is the best Godzilla.

Plainfu is cute. Cute! I want to marry Plainfu!

I'd give her some DNA samples to sequence if you know what I mean

Written by Urobochi, he is a writter by profession, not a director, he never directed anything other than games(VNs), thats a disservice to the actual directors of things he worked on.

Jesus christ the scene of the power going out and him glowing and lighting fires was UNBELIEVABLY KINO. Absolutely gorgeous. Rest of the movie is decent but those 5 minutes or so are worth it alone.

my gf laughed when they first showed his face at the beginning.

he did look a little goofy at first, but i loved it.

FUUUCK that looks sick, I wish it was in the movie.

Oh, this explains a lot. I was getting confused when they were saying things like his 3rd form when I thought it was only his 2nd.

Is this better or worse than Army Dog and the Infernal Succubus?

I have limited bandwidth so...

Bet you are not even watching the director's cut

Wait it's subtitled? I thought Funimation dubbed it.

Do people still dub live-action foreign movies?

They might do a dub for the blu ray but i doubt it.

I thoguht I recognized her from somewhere.

Kamata-kun is love.

I saw it in Cambridge MA last night, overall the movie was an 8/10, definitely top 5 in the franchise. My theater was sold out, there were a lot of couples, a lot of weebs, and a surprising amount of actually mentally challenged people. Too many people clapped at too many different points (whenever anything blew up basically), and people would giggle at the serious shit too, like when the atomic breath gets used for the first time and an entire city gets fucking annihilated. And of course, this being the US, everybody clapped at the credits. Overall, great movie, passable experience, and I'll definitely buy it on Blu-ray.

AS LONG AS BREATH COMES OUT MY MOUTH

I MAY YET STAND THE SLIGHTEST CHANCE

Politics: The Movie

Guest starring Godzilla

So I haven't seen it yet, but from what I'm hearing, the Japanese voices are being dubbed over.

Is there a Japanese torrent with subs by any chance?

Why does the goofy floppy gecko try to climb the building instead of just go around it?

Sunday cannot come fast enough, I want to see the atomic breath scene so badly.

There is no dub and you're an idiot.

Does anyone have the link to that 3 hour Godzilla Kaiju compilation video?

Its a MEGA link that is about 5 gigs

Don't bully Kamata-kun, he's a good boy who's only trying his best!

the dvd and blu ray releases will have dubs and subs, but the theatrical release is subbed

>1 more sleep and I get to watch this

Even among animators, Anno is heads and tails above them in regards to shot composition. Just take a look at any of his work.

The madman did it again

No.
This movie is "Politics VS Godzilla"

I can't wait to watch Cred Forumsmblr bitch and whine that it wasn't 'fun' enough, was too serious, not enough quips, and no representation of people of color and trannies.

I just have a couple hours until I get to watch it

Godzilla v Red Tape

Godzilla vs NEETs

>Why can't I hold all these trains?

Godzilla vs Normies

>Atomic REEEEEEEE

if it was something like the live action Attack on Titan movies then doing a dub would be a pretty big waste of time since audiences for these kind of things tend to prefer subtitles mostly now, Godzilla has a lot of overlap with older audiences though that like to have the option for a dub since they're a lot more used to it, they're probably at least considering it.

Anyone else see the similarities between this and Gwoemul/The Host?

>monster made from dumping radiation
>first appearance is shanbling in broad daylight

Granted these are the only things I could come up with, but it's nice since I like both movies

What was that shit coming out of his tail at the end? Is it baby Godzillas?

youtube.com/watch?v=xKucEJACM6s

>Is it baby Godzillas?
It's Anno's brain cancer.

They used old school sound effects right? Or was I the only one that thought so?

The opening had the same SKREEONK as the 1954 one right?

yeah, it was great for fans but normies might wonder why the explosions and tank fire was at much lower volume and kind of muted than the rest of the movie

The shot with this thing squirming through the city at this same angle was so fucking creepy. This movie seemed like it was co-directed by Cronenberg rather than that Attack on Titan fuck

did the oldbag die with the prime minister? I don't remember seeing her afterwards and didn't catch her name because they went by so quick

I know I sound like a nig, but could anybody point me in the right direction to watch this film? I'm so far away from a theater showing it. I love Evangelion and Godzilla, so I could use the help.

Bump Post

Wait for the Blu Ray

Probably gonna have to wait until it's out on BD

LOL!

funimationfilms.com/movie/shingodzilla/

Scroll down to find a theater.

Yeah, it's laughable because that was the joke.

godzilla in this is a metaphor for the destruction humanity has wrought upon the planet, so of course his final form would evolve to be humans

>funimationfilms.com/movie/shingodzilla/

>34 miles away

Fuck. Me.

>that Attack on Titan fuck
yo fuck you Higuchi did the Heisei Gamera movies you twat, those are better than a good third of the Godzilla movies.

>34 miles
That's like half an hour drive dude, it's worth it

Lucky you, nowhere around me is playing it at all. Like, I can't find anywhere closer than 3 hours. Being in the upper peninsula is suffering.

Eat shit, the first Gamera of that series was the only good one with the other two having some good qualities but being bad over all. Fuck outta here