Channel Zero

So really, nobody is talking about this? Candle Cove?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/I5TecOA4TKs
youtu.be/9Wp2FJ5foLw
youtu.be/PLQyhL3qgh0
youtube.com/watch?v=6gYBXRwsDjY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

there was a thread but it ded

watching it now will report back in 30

It was good, at least the pilot. It had some things that didn't work, like the spoopy skeleton, but i liked the tone and the storytelling.

i dont get it.

FUCK.
Is that Pirate Percy? Jesus, Candle Cove is the one creepypasta that has a non-cancerous community, and this is proof of that. I have to watch this shit now.

>Max shilling his shitty creepypasta "adaptation" (read: rip-off

Fuck off

>non-cancerous community
Which churns out things Kris Straub tends to find infinitely mediocre.

These special effects are on point, this little shit is downright disgusting.
youtu.be/I5TecOA4TKs
>ripoff
How?

Is Straub too snobbish for his own fanbase?

All I can say is, I hope this only lasts one season. If it goes too in depth, it'll lose its mystique.

its an anthology series, so its a different story every season supposedly

The more of the teasers I see, the more chills run down my body. I am hype. Is this available anywhere yet?
youtu.be/9Wp2FJ5foLw

His points are valid, but really in the end he's just expecting a little too much of people on the internet. Most people aren't going to become seasoned writers or be some bitch that makes money selling publish fanfics to horny and confused teenagers, they just want to have fun and share in some stupid shit.

hope they don't go american horror story

Eh, just looks like scales or something. I'll watch it if there's a scene of him just sitting at home, brushing his whole body with 10 tubes of toothpaste.

>Is a show available 30+ minutes after it airs?

Yes

A different creepypasta every season? My /x/ dreams are coming true.

Having seen it, it's alright by Syfy standards, which will never, ever mean much.
Showed far too much too early.
Feels utterly like a medium budget television program.

SCP companion series when?

why haven't anyone done an scp series, i'd be perfectly fine with someone ripping it off

Cabin in the Woods's final act was sort of that. Other than that tho, there's nothing.

Probably will be intro'd in season 3 then made into a spinoff.

For me, I wish they had embraced the spirit of creepypasta instead of actual creepypasta.
Turning creepypasta into a 6 one-hour episode arch format is just too much of a corporate approach. Even the more lengthy or richer or try hard creepypastas would not warrant that kind of commitment.

i want to see a version of the rake

Season 1 is probably to work out the kinks.

Scifi's already jabbed at the concept of crazy artifacts with The Lost Room and Warehouse 13. I don't think they're going to want to throw another dart at that board.

And SCP is too much of a bloated monster.

Except not, season 2 will probably be wrapping up next month.
Syfy has committed to this safe television approach.
If you want to do anthology, do anthology.
Don't fucking treat IPs from the internet like they can be your True Detective.

damn, this looks good.

Calm down, frustrated user. We'll see in time how this will go down.

they obviously aren't but the show is promising so far

How many shows have you seen take a completely different show format after airing two seasons?
Syfy couldn't even change its own station format after shitting the bed trying to copyright SciFi.
This is the channel that killed the Stargate franchise because the executives refused to believe the average viewer had no desire to emphasize and identify with a fat, Mary Sue, cuckold hacker, his meta-confessed "serves no purpose to any plot" waifu, and his waifu's lover who plays fast and loose with Christian values.
Syfy isn't a den of innovation, mate.

call me when they do a Ben Drowned ep

sure, give me your phone number and i'll call you

Pls no. Let's keep this series away from haunted vidya pastas, they're absolute cancer. Plus they wouldn't be able to get the rights and you'd end up with the Fable of Zildi: Medula's Mark or some shit like that.

God dammit the more I look at that thing the more uncomfortable I get.

>babies first /x/ thread ITT

If I was the author of that creepypasta Id be so mad right now someone is making millions out of my work.

>implying
Do you even pray to Kek, faggot?

Candle Cover's originator signed off on it.
Probably did with No End House, as well.
>millions
>Syfy

>Creepypastas are /x/ now
Get your shit out of my greentext threads, fucker. You're the reason /x/ is so low on OC right now.

>implying it's not due to the few OC that due pop up are simply lackluster writingwise or planning
>implying the OC wouldn't be buried and killed by shill threads, flat earthers, thank you based Jesus, that Elisa Lam spammer, trees aren't real, why aren't you a Christian?, Moon landing denyers, have you heard the truth about Jesus?, charge muh sigil, what is up with Buddhism ripping of Christianity?, how to summon succubus waifu, how to Christianity?, jet fuel can't melt steel beams, why is Jesus so based?, Antarctica is a wall that no one has ever approached, did Jesus build the Antarctica wall?, CLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWNS, etc. threads.

What words of wisdom you have imparted upon me this day.

it was shit

Yes, that's what I'm implying. All of those things are /x/.

Been an /x/ poster far longer than a tv poster, been waiting for a show like this for years.

We need a storyline from the Psychosis, String Theory, Dogscape or 1999 pasta

GOD FUCKING DAMMIT!!!!!!!!

I hate syfy why can't they just release all the episodes like netflix for fuck sake that first episode was just a dick tease, now i got a spooky boner that won't leave.

liked this, looking forward to more

How long before a lost episode of a cartoon creepypasta adaption?

>REAL EYES
>ULTRA-REALISTIC BLOOD
>I THREW UP WHILE WATCHING
>I WAS AN INTERN AT NICKELODEON

This. I found 4chins.org through /x/. I thought True Detective would scratch this itch, but to no avail.

>muh Netflix

Fuck off.

When did the anthology series model turn into having one story per season? These are fucking creepypastas, they barely have enough content to stretch out over 30 mins, let alone an entire season. This could have easily been formatted like a modern Twilight Zone.

I'd have liked it to be a standalone season based around Candle Cove. A story each starring someone who came into contact with the show somehow. I'd love an episode about some 2chan westaboo thrillseeker who manages to get his hands on a recording of the show or something.

So who exactly did they buy the rights to the pasta from? Or is this another case of companies stealing "public domain" shit and copyrighting it so that no one else can use it?

They asked the original author.

So can they not say 'Skin Taker' for some reason? He's in the show clear as day, but as Jaw Bone apparently?
youtu.be/PLQyhL3qgh0

This user is correct.
Next year is noend house.

>non- cancerous

you poor fool

Jaw Bone is a different entity, I think. I don't really know much about Candle Cove lore, so I don't know if he exists already or they made him up for the show.

But I do know the skin taker is going to be in it. Played by none other than Olivier de Sagazan:
youtube.com/watch?v=6gYBXRwsDjY

I'm pretty sure that half a second clip of that burning figure running down the hallway at the beginning is him.

Actually, that's Olivier de Sagazan there. So that would mean that this is the skin taker.

God damn it, is this going to be available in Canada ever?

no, this is skin taker, or jaw bone as he's called in the show (because his jaw moves side to side so he can grind skin), skin taker wears a cape and a tophat made out of the skins of his victims

looks like an abyssal thing, but could most likely be one of the skeleton crew

I guess they've just given the skintaker name to something else. Because is Sagazan and Sagazan is credited to be playing the skin taker.

The problem with AHS is not the anthology format, but that it's a sleazy dramedy with horror elements.

If Channel Zero is aiming at straight horror, it'll be fine.

For all the confused people, this is in the pic is the Skin Taker.

I know it's not how the skintaker was described as looking, at all, but he's credited as the skintaker in the show. After all, it's changing a lot.

We went from a mustache with a monocle on top of two long teeth to a person just made out of teeth, after all