I just binge watched every single episode from 12:00pm to around 6:30am last night

I just binge watched every single episode from 12:00pm to around 6:30am last night.

What are some other 80's aesthetic movies / shows that scratch this itch? This was an extremely comfy show, the main draws for me was like I said the 80's aesthetic but also the small town mystery vibe, soundtrack, magic feel, multiple layers of authority fighting each other, and a lot that I wouldn't be good at articulating. I've already seen Twin Peaks, both the show (well, 90% of it, gave up after the mystery was solved) and the fan edit Northwest Passage and I enjoyed both, I also just downloaded Jacobs Ladder and might watch that tonight.

TL;DR:
post good movies/shows similar to Stranger Things that keep the 80's vibe, whether they were made in the 80's or not.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fGrFEQNsHq0
youtube.com/watch?v=ZjGiZfCdk7w
youtube.com/watch?v=gFVMP-MDVB4
youtube.com/watch?v=7xpjFhqPfqM
715.wf/millie_temp/
mega.nz/#!r19XwA7Y!KqqEXo78vuBmJMw_XJX3v4bSBw64UQUrkiLHcAmKZ_w
fan2sea.com/line-up.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

garth marenghi's darkplace

Detroit Rock City my boy

Bookmarked, thanks. Also is the sequel to Escape From New York worth watching? I remember seeing some of it on TV a long time ago and thinking it looked like shit.

Hell yeah.

Oh and Donnie Darko

itt: faggots born after 95 that really just to want pics of froggo. you faggots do realize he was a worse actor than black kid?

although stranger things was set in the 80s, it was not at all a nostalgia flashback. no matter how many idiots say it.

perhaps you morons are being controlled.

Bad vibes bro

Escape from LA is an inferior version of the first one, but I still enjoyed it for the over-the-top action scenes, but if you thought it looked like shit, then its probably gonna be shit for you
Also, does anybody have Escape from LA poster?

but even if then, bad vibes was from the late 80s. I actually grew up in the 80s.

froggo was a bad actor. he stared at the camera and failed to act like a 12 year old boy with a (to him) mildly retarded girl in the basement. I can shit on the writing all day, but seriously all friggo had to do was act normal. he was the best written character. and he ruined every scene he was in.

Fresh of watching the whole show I didn't think he was a bad actor at all, I do agree that the black kid was a better actor, but that doesn't mean the other kid sucked, he was playing the more normie, straightforward kid of the group.

>donnie darko

can't tell if serious

do you find that you get more or less enjoyment out of watching a show by bingeing? im having a lot of thoughts recently about the enjoyment of bingeing versus weekly releases.

THE GUEST

Has some John Carpenter vibes plus it's practically a Terminator remake.

I too finished it a few days back. I felt somehow empty and sad after I finished watching it. Maybe cause it hit a little bit close to home.

THIS IS REDDIT THIS IS MEMES THIS IS REDDIT THIS IS MEMES THIS IS REDDIT THIS IS MEMES THIS IS REDDIT THIS IS MEMES THIS IS REDDIT THIS IS MEMES THIS IS REDDIT THIS IS MEMES THIS IS REDDIT THIS IS MEMES THIS IS REDDIT THIS IS MEMES THIS IS REDDIT THIS IS MEMES THIS IS REDDIT THIS IS MEMES THIS IS REDDIT THIS IS MEMES THIS IS REDDIT THIS IS MEMES THIS IS REDDIT THIS IS MEMES THIS IS REDDIT THIS IS MEMES THIS IS REDDIT THIS IS MEMES THIS IS REDDIT THIS IS MEMES THIS IS REDDIT THIS IS MEMES THIS IS REDDIT THIS IS MEMES THIS IS REDDIT THIS IS MEMES THIS IS REDDIT THIS IS MEMES THIS IS REDDIT THIS IS MEMES THIS IS REDDIT THIS IS MEMES THIS IS REDDIT THIS IS MEMES THIS IS REDDIT THIS IS MEMES THIS IS REDDIT THIS IS MEMES

Stranger things is fucking awful my man

The only thing that is lost in bingeing is that you can't discuss the show with people irl or internet
I think it really depends on what type of person you are, or how much are you into the show

It depends entirely upon whether the show was written with binging in mind or not.

Take LOST. The biggest reason for people not getting why it was so popular is because they weren't watching the show when it was airing. They just binged the show last week, an entirely isolated experience. Of course they won't enjoy the show as much as us who were watching it while it aired, discussing the new episode with our mates or at the water cooler at work every week. The show fuelled speculation and discussion that was enjoyable. Every season finale made people want more.

The modern Netflix binge-format shouldn't try to ape this episode and season structure, because you can't discuss a show in the same way when one person has seen the whole thing while the other one is still at the third episode. You need to write the show so that it makes it enjoyable to watch an episode a day rather than an episode a week, and by the end it needs to have enough discussion points to actually leave people with something to talk about beyond "have you seen X? Man that was good.".

I guess it depends on the kind of show, Stranger Things was easy to binge because of the cliff hanger endings and pacing of the episodes. I actually enjoy bingeing more than anticipating new episodes as long as I have access to all or most of the episodes, like with GoT, I dropped GoT for over a year just so I could wait until I had a lot of episodes to plow through without having to wait because I ended up losing interest when there would be a few lackluster episodes in a row that you waited weeks on. Being able to download a season of a show you've never seen and then being able to watch the first episode and immediately get hooked and then knowing you have the entirety of it already on your hard drive to look forward to watch at your leisure feels great, and your retention of what is happening in the show is much stronger because you don't have weeks apart between each episode.

Who the hell is Froggo? I wasn't on Cred Forums for ages...I was initially thinking I was gonna be like sort of similar to Twin Peaks. As I said this is the first time I felt sad after finishing a season of something in a long time.

help me expand this

>it hit a little bit close to home.
You've been in the upsidedown too m8?

The main kid Mike, the bullies literally call him frogface.

That's very specific, it might take a decade to fill that chart out.

This is probably right, it works because ST was built around the Netflix seasonal release format. Yet I'm still sorta on the fence with it. The worst part for me is that it means going through the show in 3 days instead of 8 weeks and having to wait 52 weeks instead of 44 before the next season which you'll go through just as fast.

so be it

No more in the line of I had a weird relationship with a socially awkward girl who kept getting me in trouble all the time. Mind you we were both 12yr old. She was from a broken home, so yeah there was that.

oshit
Greentext?
I'm interested

Froggo was the best actor, he's got more emotional depth and subtly than all the other kids

Plus, how can you resist his charms?

This is froggo

i'm sorry about all the pain you've gone through and hope you're doing well nowadays and will continue to do so in the future

>writing from a smartphone
>wasn't on Cred Forums several months
>plain laziness
Also I worked the third shift and tired

> he stared at the camera and failed to act like a 12 year old boy
Why are you keep forcing this meme? You're literally the only one who thinks that.

>he's got more emotional depth and subtly than all the other kids
That one goes to Millie imo
I just hope she gest more dialogue in the next season because even though her body language and facial expressions is very impressive it's not going to hold up forever

Well, later can you post greentext in a Stranger Things thread in the future?

more like faggo

so, why are there so many Cred Forums posters that like little boys? this dude, the gotham kid, the GoT kid, theres always a few of you everywhere.

You don't deserve 7 dubs

They're the same paedos, looking for the little boys of each show to waifufag over. Then there's some pretending to join in.

Just like with the footfags.

check em and weep

I don't know about the other boys and I don't post about Finn much.
He just gets mentioned everytime there's a Stranger Things thread because there are a lot to meme about him, first people were making fun of him looking like a frog then there were some discussion about those vine videos he made, and people mostly talked about his relationship with the girl who plays El.

There is literally nothing wrong with liking the shape of feet.

>why are people talking about the MC of the most popular show this year

OK here goes...
>be 12 and mostly a loner
>she lived close by and noticed me trying to catch frogs in a nearby pond for days
>she started throwing small rocks to anoy me and get my attention
>run to catch her only to corner her and she suddenly starts screaming and scare me
>did that several times over before she got chill and just watch me catch frogs
>started doing pranks together on other kids in the neighbourhood
>vandalised a playground with tar and feathers
>destroyed mailboxes with lots of firecrackers
>I fancied her
>slipped a kiss once on her
>she punched me hard on the nose
>we went skinny dipping once
>nothing sexual we both didn't have a clue what that was
>kept the vandalism up with her for several months
>my parents had enough send me to a youth correction facility for half a year
>get back home she was gone

She moved to another town cause of her dad's job, her mom was a pill poper and probably a bit mental.

this picture isn't 'just talking', this is waifu shit. waifu of a little boy. its just weird is all, at least millie is a qt so i understand >75238062

theres nothing 'wrong' with liking ''''''''bbw''''''' too, but that doesnt mean its not considered weird by many. feet and ears are fucking weird looking and its best to just ignore them.

Kill yourself pedo faggot

Wow, thank you
/stg/ loves you

That's just a meme from the simpsons you sperging.

>ears are fucking weird looking

Only people that have weird looking ears or proportionally too small or too large ears.

nah, not even then, if you just look at the ear alone, its just this weird mess of folded skin, whenever we look at people, our brains just ignore their ears like 99% of the time thank goodness.

Will season 2 have more cold war intrigue? Will there be an 80's Red Dawn influence? I would cum my shorts if there's an arms-race between two different 11's

Never thought about it like this, the Duffers did say they want to take the story in a more darker route

He was asking for an 80s vibe and atmosphere.
All found in Donnie Darko.

Finn was ok, I think most people hate on him cause he reminds them of themselves back in the childhood days. And ofc for being the first guy to kiss Millie.

I would flip my shit if they make a TRON reference. Like the kids going there in the search for El who somehow ended up in the world.

Do you know what the 80's are? It's 2001 movie that takes place in the 90's. Are you confusing things just because patrick swayze has a role in it?

Joey or Making Contact (1985) by Roland Emmerich is very close to Stranger Things

youtube.com/watch?v=fGrFEQNsHq0

Twin Peaks

That looks fucking wild

Jesus why the fuck would anyone hates this kid? I heard about people bullying him on social media but I'm not sure.
Also nice trips

Wow user, you sound like you're full of fear.

Froggo did nothing wrong :

>implying cameraguy isn't who Cred Forums most relates to

Thank you Ms Skeleton

>implying you wouldn't

I just realized he looks really French, is this why they call him frogface / froggo or is it also because his face looks like a literal frog too? Is there a more French kid than this?

DELET

The bullies from the show call his character, Mike, "frogface", and the rest is history
He also vaguely looks like a frog with the cheekbones and eyes

WE'RE JUST MEMEING

don't be frightened, we are all skeletons on the inside.

He's French, German and Jewish

Pls stop

Finished watching it as well. pretty good desu.

more 11 reaction images?

House of the Devil

We're all just meat and bones anyways, some people just have less meat on their bones than others but that doesn't make them less pretty.

You sure he's a yid?

The Sleeper (2012). It's not that good, but it nails the feel of 80's slasher movies.

I was on my pc
I'm on mobile now, ready to go to sleep
The trap kornheiser was on my phone, don't know how big that is but, eh

That poster makes me want to see it, why can't they make them like that anymore?
90% of today's movie posters are just faces of the starring actors, which is totally bland and uninspired

Will Richie Toizer be his breakout role?

I"ve only watched it once, but from what I remember I wasn't impressed with anything beyond the atmosphere of it. They basically took a bunch of aspects of other slasher movies and put them all together here rather poorly. Didn't bring anything fresh or original to the table, which is what these throwbacks need to be good.

Mike is his break out role ya dingus

what episodes that from?

Off the top of my head, I think episode 4

It seems like people only call Millie the breakout star, Finn kinda get pushed to the side

agreed. everyones going batshit over millie. he other guys are decent but it seems like everyones focusing on millie. '

but then again, shes doing an insane amount of press rn so thats probably why she seems more visible than the others.

I haven't watched late night tv since craigyferg signed iff. I have never watched celeb gossip shows. my extent of celeb knowledge comes from the side bar of the british tabloid drudge links all the time.

but millie was obviously a great actress. she said 40 words, but made the viewers empathize with her.

any moron can recite his lines and hit his marks, but finn fucked up acting normal. he was literally the normal kid.

when.stranger things came out all Cred Forums did was post pics of finn and link his instagram and twitter. because most of Cred Forums is homosexual pedophiles or paid shills.

millie was legitimately great.

Streets of Fire
Big Trouble in Little China

ruh roh. you might get banned for that. i figured pictures of millie in the show are fine, but i got banned when i posted pics of her from photoshoots and outside the show.

Finn has a much harder role to play but he still pulled it off, boy amazing but still great.
Millie just barely there, with the few lines she take able to make it sound weird, maybe that's because she's British.
If I had to rate I'd rate Froggo= Nigga > Millie > Toothless

*not amazing

It's stupid since the discussion still revolves around the actor or actress and yet the whole post gets junked and the user banned

so why tempt it?

btw, is that from her so it goes magazine photoshoot? i havent seen it before.

but he didn't. he had to pretend to find a magical girl to live in his basement. he had to live every normal 12 year olds dream. and he was the most normal of all of them. which is why he had the most screen time. to appeal to normies.

but he dicked up acting normal. and back in the day I linked like 15 pictures where he is staring at the camera, when fags posted 100 pics of him a thread.

This actor is a genius you fuck. He's already moving onto bigger things.

No, Millie's got shit talk show game, she acts like a normal kid allowed on TV for no reason, Finn has cool.

Hey, I remember you're the one who keeps posting the same thing, I still don't get what you mean, how's playing a "normal" character supposed to make it any less difficult? I mean not every film or shows have to be capeshit.
He has to play a much more dimensional and lively character with a lot of emotional ranges, which he has done it very naturally and subtly, not much child actor who pull it off.
Meanwhile Millie essentially play a trope character who's basically a cardboard cutout to stare at things. It'd be great if she can keeps doing it and makes it iconic like Arnold with Terminator, but it's probably not the best for her to be type casted. Finn's also playing Richie Toizer who's a completely different character front Mike, which proves that's he's not a one note actor.

But in the end I think both of them are great, I wouldn't watch the show if either of them is missing from it.

I understand why that triggers the janitor, don't you?

If she were my kid, I would not let her look at the camera like that. Because that look has one meaning.

screencap your own post, then remember it in shame when it comes out.

he was literally typecasted from his only performance. and that is just because he has a shitty agent and greedy parents. but id you couldn't see how bad he was in a 10 hour netflix masterpeice, you probably won't even be convinced from a 2 hour steven king bastardization

This is great acting.

cute, CUTE!

>typecasted from his only performance

Explain what you mean by this, I have no clue.

Legit good points

I didn't have this one, thanks!

yes. because as a 12 year old boy you don't have emotions.

are you fucking stupid? he had to act like he always acted as a 12 year old boy. and he fucked it up.

millie had to act like an insane convict learning to live.

see, iunno, it might actually just be the photographer telling her to look a certain way. its not like shes going around looking like that, she does legit act like just a kid in the interviews.

Dude just admit you want to fuck her tou pedo fuck.
Everytime I saw people who talk about her it's always in the cunny threads spamming pictures of her.

I think it is, absolutely, I doubt it's intentional in its implications, but I would veto that shot's release if I was her parent. I would also raise questions about the photographer.

I don't. I want to hug her and tell her everything is alright. my favorite scene is wino hugging her in the pool, because it is pure love and it probably the only time she ever felt it.

finn posters undoubtedly want to have sex with him. thankfully most of them left, and I doubt they all got permabanned, so my guess is that his pr firm was shilling hard on here

>I don't. I want to hug her

This is a very common statement by guys with huge guro loli folders.

He was superb, you must be working for Millie's PR firm. Sad! They were both great, though Finn has the edge for me because he had to be both distinctive as a character and work as the effective protagonist.

I have one pic of keirnan shipka. and a pic of le smug finnish gril. and the 2 pics of millie, but one is with wino. other than that I doubt there is a picture on my computer of a 17-

When I was 12 I was like kinda weird. Lots of 12-year-olds are. He has a great spooked quality. He'll go far. Millie will too if she makes the right choices, but Finn is already a star - look at the way he handled Fallon.

I'm like this guy i havent had one sexual thought about her, i just think shes cute.

man im getting bad vibes about her parents. theres this video on youtube where shes just gotten off a plane and dudes are like badgering her for attention asking her to sign all this shit and her dads just standing there letting it happen not stopping it at all. and then theres the sheer amount of press shes doing. shes doing more comic con events than anyone else, this month alone shes gonna do like 4, sometimes shes literally the only one from stranger things to do a con, like the dallas comic con has JUST her attending, not only that but whoevers managing her is just saying yes to every low key, no name con event like fan2sea. combined with the fact her parents went broke trying to get her famous, i feel like their trying cash out on her as fast and as much as possible. i hope they dont try to live off her, its scummy when star parents do that.

Shit, turns out Keirnan Shipka is Candleja

I know what you mean, user.

It's like you realized how much you'd given away halfway through typing.

I have had that 'no sexual thoughts' thing with my (legal) waifus. You admire them, they make your heart race, but you couldn't even imagine being attracted to them.

I never noticed how many fags are on Cred Forums

Y'all need Jesus

For being sexually attracted to a kid, not for being gay

>he fucked it up
I agree that he fucked everyone's shit up, his acting was better than golden child Millie's, his easily beats all the cast members except for Harbour. He managed to create a natural and believable portrait of a young boy who despite his young age has uncanny emotional depth. It fits his character, Finn did a great job, so hop off his back.

The idea that this actor is not going to be the biggest thing going within the next few years is ridiculous. He's going to be around for a while.

I can't wait till he's in his thirties, by then he'll probably outshine all his contemporaries. He is ridiculously talented now, but in a few years he'll be the most wanted actor, I bet my right hand on that.

>Finn kinda get pushed to the side
And you know, like, broke out. He's the only one of them that's had non-Stranger Things work since Stranger Things. Finn has been an up and comer for a while. The other two have done major theatre work. Millie lucked out with ST. We'll see what happens, but personally I'm waiting to see her in a speaking role.

Why is there a big pool of light arbitrarily framing the shot? Where is it supposed to be coming from?

what did he mean by this?

post nuggies

Are you retarded? Donnie takes place in 1988.

Super 8 is awesome for about 80% and then the last half hour of the movie literally changes the main character and becomes shit

the sun

Finn also does a lot of his own social media and stuff, he seems less of a passenger in his own career than Millie. His Vines are genuinely hilarious.

Are you some kind of faggot? ET came out in the 80s and Drew Barrymore was like 6. You're telling Me Donald Darko came out in 88 and she was somehow 30? Do you ever think before you speak?

Agreed.

>Finn also does a lot of his own social media and stuff

For better and for worse, though. He also gets bullied on social media and gets really down on himself sometimes. Poor Frogboi

2/10.

Was she hot?

:(

>He also gets bullied on social media
really? explain

Nah

Mostly on Vine (from what I hear. I don't have a vine so I don't know), but apparently when he used to post he would get a sea of negative comments asking why the hell he was so popular if his videos were so bad and stuff like that. He mentioned it on twitter and a bunch of e-celebs came to his aide and now he vines a lot again, so I imagine he's doing better.

sounds like a top grill, you should look her up.

I think he has recovered. Now he's double down on it and posted weird videos of him like swallowing chcocolate bar while

He ate at chic-fil-a? Why did this not create a massive backlash amongst the SJW hambeasts that fetishize this show?

*whole

That's the chick-fil-a on 47th no less. There were massive protests when they opened it.

what's wrong with that place? I genuinely don't know, I'm not from the USA

Whole thing where they were against gay marriage

They donated a bunch of money to an anti-gay marriage bill. They're also delicious as fuck who gives a shit.

I really hope this show does well. It seems like the kind of show that starts out really strong with a lot of potential and a few missteps, but then season 2 is fumbled and it never recovers.

Ah, that's old news, they're busy pretending to feel raped by words now.

oh my god

Also Steve/Nancy/Jonathan is clearly the best way to go

American Psycho
Not even memeing

god dammit. every time, every time theres a ST thread, you froggo fags are always the LAST ones in here and all you do is talk about him.

watch the goonies

Beep beep

I just got here
All i wanna do is talk about stranger things, whenever it's mentioned here it's because it's being called a bad show

There aren't much to talk about besides Finn and Millie to be honest. Most of the people from the Stranger Things general moved to the discord, but they also talk about Millie and Finn all day.
You are always welcome discuss Nancy and Steve anyway.

>Nancy and Steve
I direct you to

Those are some interesting shades he's sporting.

fuck is wrong with you

This, definitely this. The kids' acting alone makes it.

I was wondering why there weren't more Stranger Things discussion threads, now I know, all you pedo-waifu fag permavirgins just shit it up.

It is

All I wanna do is have a conversation about this show but since it comes put all at once all the dedicated discussion places are empty by now

>80's aesthetic
>synth and the goonies

Try leather and grease. This concept of a neon and electronic 80's are over-glorified by hipster faggots.

you forgot the kid from the walking dead

That and, y'know, it came out like four months ago. We had a long running general and everything. Everything there is to discuss about the eight episodes worth of content has been discussed at length dozens of times over.

Which actor, scene, plotline, music cameo, etc did you's enjoy the most?

Overall I thought the acting was consistently good to excellent, except maybe the child bully actors, though whether how much of that can be conceded to imitating preteen immaturity is debatable.

Winona Ryder was terrific, best acting imo, the whole light show leading up to R-U-N would take the cake as my favourite scene as well.

Likewise the soundtrack hits a really nice balance between subtlety and influence, the soft synths are much more noticeable on a second viewing, smart use of lyrics to convey multiple meanings, really good stuff.

Nah, there is literally one Mazouzposter. Froggo and Bran are the only two that have any sort of sizable fanbase on Cred Forums

Well there was that imgur post about someone in Atlanta seeing them film season 2 but it didn't show much.

i liked the part where the really skinny girl didn't eat a sandwich

The picture content is relevant to the subject (does not break any rules) and it's not illegal so it shouldn't be deleted because it makes them butthurt

But this is Cred Forums and it's been like this forever sadly

When was this? I didn't think they actually start until late October.

Actor, I think Mike did a REALLY good job and he's underrated. Winona knocked it out of the park I think, if she was ever too hysterical it was definitely the writers. Loved it when she got the axe after seeing Will again, her scene with Eleven, and her time in the Upside Down.

Sometimes the kid actors acted too much with their hands but overall they were great, the bullies were a bit questionable sometimes though.
I think Chief Hopper and Joyce' plotline was the best, Nancy was the weakest, at least at first. By the end it was better intertwined with the rest of the show.

The kids and Hopper.
The idea of the group of kids having an adventurer trying to overcome difficulties without any power is interesting. And I'm a sucker for hard boiled detective type of character

He was the worst out of the bunch though, unless he gets better I really doubt it.

It was a few weeks ago. Don't think it was anything big, just some small things at Hawkins lab.

>moved to the discord
what?

Cred Forums is contrarian, you've just gotta accept this. everything thats highly acclaimed will be inevitably shit on by people on Cred Forums

some people have got some legit complaints about it, i've heard a lot complain that its bad because its unoriginal, i think their missing the point, its full of homage, reference and inspiration but that doesn't make it bad. i mean, car chases and gun fights are unoriginal, doesnt mean they cant still be good.

others say its only coasting on MUH NOSTALGIA, i think those people are the ones with the best complaint. some shit is driven by spectacle like fury road, some shit is character driven like mad men or breaking bad, but for ST i think its mostly emotionally driven. not sure if this necessarily makes it a bad thing though.

Plus Hopper looked g o o d

mother fuck. i just watched it the other week and all i want to do is talk about it but these threads dont have much discussion and reddit doesnt ever discuss anything long term.

Yeah, I know it's contrarian, a lot of people haven't even watched it. It's not perfect but it was really well put together. There's a lot of things you only catch on a second viewing.

There's a subreddit for it but it's pretty dead. Can't find very many original theories on it which is a shame.

It's a picture taken for a mainstream media magazine, the fact that it has to be banned just shows Cred Forums goes far beyond censoring content than is necessary.

Pretty much agree with all of this, Mike definitely needed the most emotional breadth of the child actors, and completely pulled it off, after that I'd say Lucas and Eleven and finally Dustin needed the most range.

Mike had a sick house desu, we never see anyone else but the kids using the basement.

>The discord
Even deader than the threads here

got the other 19 pictures?

>Which actor
Finn and Harbour were god-tier, but everyone was good.
>Scene
We can be heroes legitimately made me cry. Like, not even in a dignified masculine way either.
>Plotline
Hopp's was probably my favorite, but the D&D party were a close second. I also like Winona and Jonathan. The only one I didn't really care for was Nancy and Steve until the end of it.
>Music Cameo
Peter Gabriel's cover of heroes. Maybe it was partially the proximity to losing Bowie, but goddamn. I cried actual tears.

I agree. Dustin wasn't bad but he was the weakest link. He got better by the end though.
That house is so nice and cozy. I want it.

Reminder if you dislike Stevey boy you're a cuck nu-male.

No because afaik they're scattered around the web and there is no digital release

I was so shocked by that scene. For a minute I thought Will was really dead. It was such a sad scene especially since you saw Winona worrying for him the whole time.

Steve/Nancy/Jonathan forever

it really tickled me to see how so many characters, steve, hopper, benny were set up one way only for it to be subverted later. steves a good guy, hopper wasnt a shitty cop but incredibly on point and benny was a good guy.

i fucking love retrowave so practically all the music was GOAT for me.

the bit where nona was talking to the ball of lights and it lit up gave me chills, loved it. loved seeing all of mike and el's scenes, the hug on the ground made me aww and the kiss made me giddy as a goirl.

eleven was probably my favorite and i wished there was more of her.

the steve/nancy/jonathan thing was probably the most boring to me. just couldnt give a fuck about them.

Yeah that was fucked, never believed it was really Will though.

Also can anyone explain how 1 - the govs were able to know and also perfectly replicate the clothes Will was wearing and 2 - why it wasn't immediately noticed he was at the least very not human feeling, what with it being a stuffed fake. Or is this simply meant for suspension of disbelief.

Yeah, everything came together in such a way that it left me fucking broken. The I quickly realized that Will couldn't possibly be dead, but goddamn. Everybody was so authentically devastated that it made me feel feelings.

A lot of the tropes and cliches they set up were subverted. Like at the end the Demogorgon would've been defeated by the slingshot in an actual Goonies-type movie, and for a minute, when the Demogorgon is shot back, it seems like it. Then you remember Eleven and she sacrifices herself to save them all.

>There's a subreddit for it but it's pretty dead
yeah i know, thats what i meant, like i think its partially because there was no weekly release so people couldnt come together to discuss it at the same time, also for literally everything on reddit, if its older than 24 hours it will get dramatically fewer comments so episode discussions will just never take off.

its fucked because like stranger things has got what, 35 million people watching it? atlanta doesnt have a fraction of that but its got episode discussions bigger than the stranger things ones.

Joyce gave the police info on what he was wearing when he disappeared, and they posted pictures of him all over town. They didn't let anyone at all get too close to the body.
Yeah, a few minutes earlier he was just talking to Joyce. Once I got over it, I immediately realized Hawkins lab made a fake body, but it was still a super effective scene. I've never cried during a tv show before, but that got me close.

Cute doggo and froggo

so uh... how... how many pictures of millie do you have saved?

Yeah that's one thing I don't enjoy about the binge schedule. I mean, it works really well for the show. It's almost like an 8 hour movie, but then discussion dies off right away.

Twin Peaks is worth sticking through to the end for the amazing finale

>Steve/Nancy/Jonathan forever
Well that's one solution to the love triangle I haven't heard before.

Why not -- I don't know -- watch things made in the 80s?

Stranger things is hugely overrated - it fucking sucked.

It's basically canon

a few

... what the fuck? how is that possible? there arent even that many pictures of her available unless you've got like 1 picture of her for every separate frame she on screen.

We can be heroes, so electric
Eleven and the sheriff, I also liked nancy and the creeper dude though
Definitely the eleven/upside down fantasy plot wowee but I guess that was kinda just the main plot
Cried at the quarry when they pulled out the body scene

>being a stuffed fake
Yeah, that's what did it in most for me. Like, I get that it was more or less just a visual cue for the audience to know right away it was a fake body without any second guessing, but come on. Cotton? You have the resources to create a fake cadaver so absurdly lifelike that it would have fooled his own mother had it not been for a missing birthmark...And then you stuff it with fucking cotton like it was made at goddamn build-a-bear workshop? What if Joyce had flipped out and tried to hug him when she saw the body (as grieving parents literally do all the time). Were they hoping that she forgot that will didn't weigh seven pounds? The jig would be up right then and there.

Isn't this series literally step-by-step remake of a movie a few years ago, that was about an alien escaping from captivity and stealing mechanical stuff to build a spaceship to return home? There were kids doing detective shit bevause one of them went missing the same way like in the series, there was a sheriff and evil alphabet agencies too. The only difference was the alien instead of other dimensional being, also the alien wasn't evil, just wanted to go home.
What was this movie? It was pretty comfy btw.

Anyone else find Jonathan strangely attractive?

You're thinking of 1000 Ways to Die in the West.

No. He's a bong. A BONG!

They all smell funny.

I'm still confused whether Jonathan went from being an Omega to an Alpha male, I mean he got the chad fucking terrified of him and even made him buy him a new camera but he still seems pretty meek,

Also thoughts on the slugs at the end? I think Will has brought the monsters into their world now no idea how that's going to play out in S2 maybe they terraform the Earth so they can thrive more?

Also did anyone else think The Upside Down reminded them of some scenes of Saya no Uta?

Nancy and Steve bought him a new camera to be nice and because they're in love with him
Yeah the slugs are probably gonna be something like that. One episode is called the Pollywog. A polliwog is a tadpole. Definitely a new monster.

Social media like Snapchat, Instagram fan pictures and different news outlets go a long way

Fantastic Seven, good flick

>even made him buy him a new camera
were we watching the same show?

it was clear steve bought him a new camera because he was a good guy and felt sorry for breaking the old one. jonathan didnt make him do shit.

slugs are probably baby monsters.

Teenage Comet Zombies
Trancers
Near Dark
Vengeance the Demon
Look up Alex Cox presenting Moviedrome. It was going for donkeys years. The little bit of history about a film he shared beforehand was golden.
I miss it.
youtube.com/watch?v=ZjGiZfCdk7w

can you upload it? i wanna collect some rare millies

I have a feeling we won't be seeing too much of him post-ST. I think he's going to grow up to look like Steve Buscemi.

She already had a major role with tons of speaking in Intruders

Haven't had a reason to post this one in awhile.

What if season 2 is about a Kaiju sized Dirmagoogan?

youtube.com/watch?v=gFVMP-MDVB4

everything on the ost is amazing

Nick is a giant Weeb isn't he?

Well, he voices animu. Maybe.

youtube.com/watch?v=7xpjFhqPfqM

That'll take about an hour or two (shit internet), this thread isn't going to last this long so check back here i'll update the following url with the link when its done

715.wf/millie_temp/

You're a GOD

Why doesn't Charlie Heaton do any interviews with the other cast members? Don't think he's done a video interview at all.

Because then they'd realize he's British and was in a hilarious band when he was 16

Hilarious band?

Imagine a younger Mila Kunis but with very short almost boyish haircut. She was impulsive at times and lashed out on me, now that I'm an adult I keep thinking maybe she got abuse of some sort from her parents. Maybe mom had Munchausen syndrome and efected her to.

N U G G I E S A H O Y

Turbo Kid.

If you don't mind the fact that it's a children's cartoon, Gravity Falls is pretty comfy.

>and was in a hilarious band when he was 16
Who wasn't in a band when they were 16?
I sang and I was shit.
I played the bass even worse.

Who remembers being 16?

Maybe he went back home after they finished filming? I don't think any of the teens have done much promo work have they though? Only thing I remember Keery doing was that Parks and Rec thing.

How's the upload coming along, chief?

Natalia and Joe have both at least done videos of some sort. Charlie has only done text interviews.

Speed keeps going up and down, I estimate it to be done in about 45 minutes

>an arms race between two different 11's
>they'll both hate fighting and will come to an agreement
>there will be a "wall" somewhere that breaks apart
already crying from speculation, thank you user

I just hope they transition them properly aging across the seasons. I don't want a convoluted reason for them to stay pre puberty. I heard they had trouble filming while one of the main boys was already getting a deeper voice.

the way they handled that russian subplot was the weirdest thing.

so their doing all this to get a leg up on the ruskies, spying on them and junk right, but then the inter dimensional portal opens up and they suddenly drop all that to investigate monsters? like what the fucks the point of that? i mean sure scientifically its crazy awesome, but the military brass paying for this shit doesnt give a shit about monsters, theres no military application for those, wouldn't they be like, cut that shit out and get back to spying on the russians.

and why would the russian version of elevens ever fight? their on separate continents, and its not like eleven wants to be an american super weapon, she just wants to be left alone and grow up and be normal with mike.

and why is brenner only working on eleven? shouldnt he be industrializing this process of creating telekinetics? just rounding up every junkie bitch, doping them up and farming elevens for uncle sam?

just remember to pace yourself, you guys. this shit is fine, i'm waiting for it too, but don't consume it all at once. that's the reason you even want it in the first place, you've seen it all too quickly and without proper digestion

Anyone posting photographs of Finn while discussing his performance gets called a pedophile, yet these guys -

- are obviously licking their chops over a fap motherlode and nobody says anything, it's like they're invisible.

Check em

Because cunnyfags get pissy when we discuss boyfus. It makes no sense considering how much more popular cunny threads are.

mega.nz/#!r19XwA7Y!KqqEXo78vuBmJMw_XJX3v4bSBw64UQUrkiLHcAmKZ_w

Huh, really makes you think

Finn... Finn has a hard life

wrong. i never have fapped to her and i dont see myself doing so anytime soon.

i just like beauty okay? i couldnt jerk off to this stuff even if i wanted to. i just... its like looking at beautiful scenery for me. its just nice to look is all.

This kind of sublimation is not uncommon. I mentioned earlier, I have had (of age) waifus that I didn't want to fap over, because my love for them was 'pure'.

This resolve wavered. And even if yours doesn't, it's still a little *charged*, wouldn't you say?

> baby monsters

Are you telling me that Will is a mother?

I mean, your heart races a little the way it wouldn't looking at the Venus de Milo or the Grand Canyon, doesn't it?

wtf? The Guest. the only thing 80's about that movie is that fucking poster.

fuck off

I still haven't worked out how he did this trick shot.

look at this moron

Thanks for uploading mate.

that image gave me cancer

>mfw no answer because the guy is fapping like a gibbon

I just remembered, in case no one mentioned, The Monster House. It's perfect.

actually i was showering you fuck. its 7:32 am here in NZ and i need to go to sleep.

no it doesnt, my heart never races like that just looking at someone pretty, only people i like.

>love for them was 'pure'.
that sounds kinda fucking crazy. i dont love her, shes not my fucking waifu. shes just pretty and i like looking at pretty things.

fuck, thats it.

man that folder is full of awful pictures. im probably gonna end up deleting like 99.9% of it. she doesnt even look cute in most of them.

Just reverse the clip of him throwing up the chocolate?

mine does, yeah, because these are real people living real lives while i'm stuck here on Cred Forums
the Grand Canyon doesn't affirm my optimism or faith in humanity, user

This is true. Super 8 would be great minus all the alien bullshit, or at least a few things changed

Rate the milfs and dilfs on the show

He's got nuggie crumbs on his lip and it triggers my autism real bad.

He was actually using his sticky fly-catching frog tongue. It moves to fast for the camera to pick up.

The alien stuff was fine, I just wish they didn't try and turn him into a sympathetic monster at the end. That felt really forced. But overall I liked it quite a bit. Honestly, now that I think about it, most of the stuff my friends and I talked about on the way home in terms of praise for it was nearly the exact same shit we would eventually say about Stranger Things.

I dunno, man, what with her parents' willingness to send her to the opening of an envelope, and that inappropriate picture upthread... I don't know if I'd say Millie affirms my faith in humanity. In genetics maybe. In humanity's ingenuity in turning everything into coin, perhaps.

Ahhhh!

>that sounds kinda fucking crazy
>shes just pretty and i like looking at pretty things
>things

OK dude.

He's going to grow up to look Steve Buscemi level weird. Unless he learns to roll with character roles, I doubt he will make it out of the danger years.

He seems pretty grounded to me, I think he'll be okay.

>Unless he learns to roll with character roles,

I'm sure he will. Not shitting on his looks, I think he's adorable, but I don't think anyone honestly expects him to grow up to be a leading male heartthrob type. That doesn't mean he'll be un-castable. And as far as the danger years, he's fast approaching them anyway. Stranger Things (assuming it doesn't get picked up for the next several years which it easily could) will be a big enough pull to get him in indies and smaller projects. The danger years really only effect unknown talent. If you have a name it's worth the extra cost.

Bump

Will Mike and Will's broship be strained by the loss of El?

what was 80s vibe about this show other than Steve's haircut and wardrobe?

Broship? There is no 'broship'
Did you see that build qna? He fucking slammed Noah to the ground

The bikes, the sets, the... Did you see a show on Netflix called Stranger Things?

I meant the characters, not the actors, but no. What did he do? Finn is such a gentle soul. I don't believe you.

Finn is based
In the aol build, they were commenting on how they are all talking over each other and were mocking that they were doing that
Finn and Millie were mimicking that and Finn said, "Shut up"
Finn is glorious

sounds like pretty basic stuff for any period production. not enough to give people the vibes I always hear them talking about.

Explain

looks like mills will only with caleb on a cruise. There will be some other adults of the cast but he and she will be the only kids. What do you think will happen?

fan2sea.com/line-up.html

What does that have to do with Schnapp?

What else do you need? The characters watching news reports on tv of Ronald Reagan's assassination attempt? What, what, what?

Finn doesn't go to any cons, he was supposed to be in one but it was cancelled due to the hurricane

I told you how it happened, what do you need me to explain?

well if he doesn't then hell probably lose out on the popularity game. Not just with the fans but also with millionaire. Then again, he has enough of a girl army I doubt he cares.

there's a big difference in "80s vibe" between watching a show or movie made in the 80s and watching stranger things. stranger things gave me some "I'm watching a 2016 show set in the 80s" vibes. Do you get 40s vibes when you watch saving private ryan?

What are you implying?
Millie is 12 year old and Lucas is 14

I misread, sorry. Does the cast actually get along in real life? I know Charlie and Natalia are close but haven't seen Charlie or Joe with any of the kids or anything.

>Do you get 40s vibes when you watch saving private ryan?
Well, yes, the United States military was in Europe in the 40s

When will we get a Froggo-Doggo spin off series?

Charlie is definitely close with Natalia, they went to vacation in Spain a while ago and I've seen pictures where they wear the same shirt
With Charlie and Joe being with the kids, I wouldn't think they have a strong relationship with the kids since they probably didn't work that much with them since most of their scenes are with other characters
They don't need to stay for the whole shooting of the show for every character
The kids themselves do get along though, they're kids so, they can get along with anybody if they share some kind of project

>Do you get 40s vibes when you watch saving private ryan?

You knew I actually think of Credence when watching it, and Matt Damon

Lol, most every couple I know has one or the other being 2+ years different. I know some adults that are like 6 years or more different.

>Finn doesn't go to any cons
That's probably a good practice. The only one that doesn't come off as desperate and pathetic is SDCC. Maybe NYCC if you have something big to actually promote, but people that attend every con in BFE seem really sad, to be quite desu.

>I know some adults that are like 6 years or more different
I mean that they are kids, not because of an age difference, but their ages themselves you peedo

I mean, I have plenty of friends that are 6-10 years apart and it's not a big deal, but there is a big difference between age gaps when you are an adult and age gaps when you're 12.

Kind of weird to think Natalia is probably closer with the kids when it's the opposite in the show.
Though with the kids David Harbour said in his AMA on reddit that they can be a handful so that might explain it.

Even tho you are right, saving private Ryan is an awful example

daw, look at Noah. He so tiny.

This and Donnie Darko are the correct answers

Natalia has spent more time with them due to being in the press run and maybe is the kind of actor to stay in the shooting to watch the other actors

Straight Outta Compton.

He is the youngest of them all, being 11 yo

She's also a total qt

How has noone in here said Back to the Future? Fuck all of you.

Millie's cuter

>benny was a good guy.

Poor Benny

I knew it was coming but it still got me

I didn't see it coming, am I a film plebian?

I thought he would be in it a little longer and maybe share some scenes with Chief Hopper for maximum bear times

ywn live in that alternate universe where Benny finds El, takes care of her and adopts her as his daughter and we see the shenanigins of the everyday parenting