twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

true Islam kino

it legit is

>Spice = oil
>Dune/Arrakis = Iraq
>Harkonnen = American Military
>Fremen = Arabs
Really makes you think

A shame that the American audience of the 80's couldn't understand the brilliance of a scene like this
youtube.com/watch?v=yc8jjeUr6lE

It's patrician cinema.

>Atreides = Ba'ath Party
>Paul = Saddam Hussein
>Baron Harkonnen = George W. Bush
>Spice guild = globalist elite bankers

hmmm

Django is a masterpiece, TDKR is not patrician sorry. TDK is supreme in every single way.

Fantastic Four (2015)'s First Act is brilliant but the 3rd act is extremely weak.

The 3rd Hobbit movie doesn't belong on this list but the first 2 do.

You need to add Inland Empire

>The reason that the Baron is fat is because it is symbolic of American society who are slowly dying in their fast foods whilst the Arabs (Fremen) are healthy fit individuals who are spiritual
Is this the greatest symbolism of cinema?

The book is. Well, the books are.

Herbert said he based Harkonnens on Nazis, actually.

>tfw we will never see a film version of God Emperor of Dune

Dune is unfilmable. So much of the books is inner monologue, inner dialogue, an actual dialogue happening paralleled with the characters analyzing it. It has attractive setting - desert, giant worms, weird mixed culture, space empire, enormous spaceships (though a lot of that is much less novel now) - but you can't really make a movie without compromising the complexity of plots withing plots withing plots.

It's a bloated mess with laughably bad fx. The story and jokes make it just watchable.

it's very underrated

>Well, the books are.
The first three, maybe.

I was actually thinking about original and God-Emperor mostly.

Orginal + last three are god-emperor tier
The other two muad'dib tier
So pretty fucking good either way

I do like them all, the last two went in a pretty different direction but what else can you do when Leto's story is told? A shame Herbert didn't get to write more.

Dune is just a Cooper psychic dream

The spice is depicted like a recreational drug, the movie doesn't show why is so important, in the book is a sort of panacea, it cures almost all illness, work like DMT and slows the aging of the users, Leto, his wife and many other characters are around 80 or 110 yrs old, but they look like teenagers

Lynch hate martial arts, so he scrapped the Wyrding Way technique described in the book and changed it with the sonic guns, for those who don't know this technique, it's like a fighting style from HNK, it gives you superhuman speed and the ability to foresee the opponent's reaction, combine it with the effects of the Spice and you will become a killing machines who rip and tear armored soldiers with bare hands. Sonic guns my ass.

In the movie, Paul become an elemental god, with the power ti make rain on Arrakis, in the book he acquire the power of the Bene-Gesserit, that is to have clear visions of his genetical memory from his ancestors, in this way he discovers that the baron his the real father of his mother

The movie wants to have a religious tone, so Paul became a sort of new Jesus, while in the book is a cold and charismatic warlord like the Saladin.

The book is all about politics, in the movie the political tone is wased and secondary.

Every movie should follow the rule "Show, don't tell", but Lynch didn't know how t handle all the inner monologue of the book, so he transposed them as they are, making them involuntarily ridiculous.

Kyle Maclachlan was the worst choice possible for the role of Paul, he look less menacing than Tom Hanks.

In the end, Lynch himself admitted that this movie is a trainwreck, and that is the only one he dislike in his filmography (google it).

>Is this a masterpiece?

No, it's rubbish, if you like Lynch's Dune then you don't like Herbert's Dune

>But Herbert said that he liked the movie!

He said that is a good summary of the first book, but a summary don't tell a story, it lists the principal parts of it, BTW later he recanted

>if you like Lynch's Dune then you don't like Herbert's Dune
That's stupid, you can like the movie for different reasons. Some of the visuals were striking. The worms were cool. It's an interesting supplement, like illustrations, really.

But I love the Dune movie and the Dune books. Of course I wouldn't agree that it was an accurate adaption, but as it stands on its own it's an enjoyable SF movie.

Also I loved the voiceovers.

Nope. I like both, even though I admit the movie is bad.

I still want to fuck Irulan

Paul IS a religious figure, it's a huge part of the book. Not Jesus though. Muhammad.

>Dune is unfilmable.

They've literally filmed it twice

>posts pic of muhammad
>expects to live

you're dead, infidel

Jesus christ, no!

Im one of the few that genuinely likes this movie, but its got so much going wrong in it.

That's really stupid. I saw Lynch's Dune when I was like 13 or so, it's the entire reason I read Herbert's Dune.

>squash bug in glass
>drinks the bug juice via conveniently engineered straw
Why is that so fucking awesome?

>Is this a masterpiece?

The first half, albeit not perfect, could have been the beginning of a masterpriece, but then the film devolved into a cliffnotes version of itself which to me was a big letdown.

A Goofy Movie is the most kino on that list.

In all honesty, Lynch is a fucking idiot

>Plots within plots within plots
One Royale-tier family gets fucked over by another, resentful and powerful Royale-tier family, the children of the former embrace the locals way of life and subsequently discover more about themselves on their path of revenge against the latter family.
There's some vague machinations by the psychic cult and the galactic trading/controlling government-thing.
Not seeing how it's that complex desu senpai

It was actually Emperor/Harkonnen conspiracy. What makes it cool how Leto knew it was a trap, and Baron knew he will know that, Leto thought he will harness "desert power" but the attack happened too soon. Anyway, there's ecology, a huge theme, environment shaping cultures, the Jihad, how Paul's prescience works, it's all interwoven.

It could have been better.