Considering also the expanded universe, who is canonically recognized as the most skilled lightasaber duelist?

Considering also the expanded universe, who is canonically recognized as the most skilled lightasaber duelist?

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ganner_Rhysode
youtube.com/watch?v=Xy_Po12VyZw
youtu.be/9WBY-C-VKTg?t=1h28m24s
youtube.com/watch?v=mj07qh51zPI
youtube.com/watch?v=kq4Ej9KpQhg
youtube.com/watch?v=pfa-Pa5IQLg
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Battle_of_Ithor#Duel_for_the_Future_of_Ithor
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Hard to say. Yoda is the most powerful Jedi, but the most skilled duelist is kinda hard to pinpoint.

I'd probably say young Dooku

I'll say Maul

Haven't done my research pls no bully

Maul isn't bad, but if we are looking at the entire canon, books, TV shows, comics, and all, Maul gets his ass handed to him multiple times. Even a non force user is almost able to match him. No way hes the most skilled

DARTH BANE

I guess that means he is bad.
I haven't seen The Phantom Menace for yonks, just remember him having a cool style

>Qui-Gon lost to Maul
>Maul lost to Obi-Wan
>Obi-Wan lost to Dooku
>Dooku lost to Yoda and Anakin
>Anakin lost to Obi-Wan, Yoda lost to Sheev
>Sheev lost to Windu, Obi-Wan lost to Vader
>Vader lost to Luke, Windu went out Window

Isn't Obi fairly proven. I know he got bested and relied on Anakkn often but he basically bitch slapped Maul and Anakin. And BASED his way into the after life in front of a confused Vader

I think Sheev.
>recruit best duelists to arrrest sith chancellor
>almost all of them die instantly
That sounds pretty good.

>windu nuffin
There's a theory he knew anakin was on his way and staged his loss to make him fall. It sounds believable to me.

Tulak Hord. In KOTOR 2, Kreia basically tells the Exile that Tulak Hord was such a skilled lightsaber duelist that he would make even Revan look like a quadruplegic.

Pre-suit Anakin is canonically Jesus and easily the strongest force user and duelist there ever was.

I think technically Mace Windu has the title of best duelist, he did BTFO out of Sheev but then got fucked by Anakin

Now whether Sheev let him win is another matter

Kit Fisto was the greatest lightsaber duelist within the known universe.
However, his overconfidence led to his downfall in that he underestimated Sheev.

>Who is canonically recognized as the most skilled lightsaber duelist?
>Posting someone not canon

Probably Revan

Rey > all.
rey could probably defeat anyone (even windu) if she tried

>Considering also the expanded universe

Tulak Hord is in TOR. TOR is canon.

The midget guy who turned his lightsaber on and off to get past the enemy's lightsaber

>sheev loses the fight right before anakin runs in
>implying it wasn't part of his master plan

I bet this is officially wrong but I like to think anakin anytime after the beginning of Rots is the strongest duellist

Dooku must have been pretty good to BTFO him at age 90 then

He wasn't as strong as he was in their second confrontation as he was there.

I don't like that theory, mainly because it involves frying his own face.

>picking anyone other than Agen Kolar

It's Vader

Holy shit I remember this from somewhere.

Pre-vader Anakin is basically just walking conduit of the force. If he wasn't so impatient and arrogant, nobody would have stopped him.

that being said on skill with blade alone, I'd argue Dooku. In books he fights multiple jedi and wins. He beat Obi and Anakin multiple times, that would argue he is pretty fucking good when he held off yoda too.

Probably some obscure Mary Sue from the extended universe, of the main film series I'd probably say either Mace Windu or Dooku in his prime

M-Mr. Clean?

Ironically if you're using the EU, then it would be Luke.

Cin Drallig, motherfuckers.

He didn't duel with Anakin. He had Sheev pinned on the ground and telling Anakin what to do next, and he essentially suckerpunched him. That's not a fucking duel

Also Sheev orchestrated the whole fight like that, so you can't say who's better from that

How powerful was Anakin at the time of that fight? Was he like...1x Power?

When I was a kid I remember alot of media said it was Mace Windu but his fucking abysmal fight with Sheev in ROTS really killed that.

I think canonically it really should be Vader and hopefully future movies will build this up. He did hunt down the rest of the Jedi after all and I like to imagine anyway duel them to assert his supremacy.

Judging from the movies alone Obi Wan has the highest win rate and is certainly the hardest to defeat if not the best duelist (gay lightsaberfag fluff claims his Soresu style is pure defence. Makes sense in a way).

Need to mention Dooku too. He does beat Obi Wan after all but fuck AotC.

>using op jedi masters from that awesome ass game

he was like a jedi stolen from the dune universe. He also had a smoking hot apprentice

Considering there were only about a dozen Jedi left in the galaxy after Order 66 it's not actually that impressive for Anakin to be the most powerful

>in the novelization for the second movie, anakin uses the force to build a wall so dooku has to fight him at the same time dual weilding lightsabers

>he did this shit as a padawan

>picking anyone other than Youreareal puff

he was prob like 30% or something. With his fight against obi wan he was like 3x as strong. And he knew he was becoming stronger and was planning to overthrow the Emperor

Is he? I'm not that familiar with the extended universe but to my knowledge Luke spends most of it fighting lots of incredibly powerful enemies and winning more with excellent tactics and quick thinking rather than skill or raw power, also fucking the shit out of his father's hot redhead apprentice

>the good guys are good so they have the blue laser swords and also green because green is also good
>the bad guys are bad because... they are bad. they do bad things. they have red laser swords because they are bad. evil like the devil. and everybody knows the good guys always have blue and green and the bad guys red. it's so everybody knows who is what. like oh your laser sword is red you are bad I'm good because my laser sword is blue so we will fight now.
>and when they fight they go woosh, like wew, and then when they hit they die and the bad guy dies because he is bad

That's an excerpt from Lucas's very first draft of Star Wars. It got changed later on by inserting space ships into the story.

>EU

Made up fanfic from the worst fan base ever.

Luuuuuke

>picking anyone other than Dobby

In the EU it's Luke, Revan as a close second.

If you just go by movies and tv series alone I would honestly go with sheev. Just watch the episode where he fights maul and his brother 2 on 1.

Luke fought literal force gods, and only person he did not out right defeat was his own nephew who was a great grandson/reincarnation of vader.

Lumiya was trained by vader and couldn't beat Luke out right with a blade, mara had no reason to fight him and rest of jedi/sith were garbage, Katarn got slapped around by caedus. Caedus fought luke to a standstill but still lost eventually so yeah, I'd argue After vader/palpatine die, eu Luke is best saberist in galaxy.

Dooku lost to Yoda? When? In episode II he just runs away after fighting Yoda

>hey guys what about that guy that anakin killed 1v1?

Jacen Solo after his training with Vergere

I worded that badly, I mean during his time in Rots

canonically it's Rey

you are a sexist if you think otherwise

>Revan
>canon
toplel

on 2nd thought, this guy.

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ganner_Rhysode

>red is bad
>blood is red
>but blue is good because I am in fact a "blue blood"

- George Lucas

This.

She also says that compared to back then later Jedi and with are like children playing with toys, so much greater was the general level of swordsmanship.

The fact that some non-jedi such as Jango Fett and Grievious (or even some obscure clones during 66 order) could kill several jedi masters implies that the main jedi from the movie (luke, kenobi, jinn, etc etc) are stronger than a normal jedi knight?

I love Jacen but his prowess laid in force itself. From battle meditation/sith projection to literally becoming a force conduit and pinning Onimi into the ground with force itself.

He ran away because he knew he was gonna get fucked up if he continued.

Dooku is the best swordsman

Qui Gon Jinn is the worst swordsman

easy

He got lucky.

I don't if he was THE best but Revan has to be up there with the best
>Turned the tide of a galaxy wide war with only a small portion of the jedi at his side
>Brought the republic to its knees as a sith
>The jedi had to send one of their best to stop him (like Sheev)
>She couldn't
>His apprentice had to blow his ship up instead of fighting him like a man

There's only movies are canon. So it will be Duku, both in force terms and in saber wielding. He is op.
He managed to beat up two jedis and knocked both of them (managed even not kill them!), and after that managed to deal with master jedi Yoda.
His force level is also amazing. Bare mind that unlike in comics/books/games/cartoons force in movies used in very rare moments and usually on so lame stuff like grab pistol/saber, sucker punch opponent at once in giant pit, superspeed also at once ever, throw some small objects also in very rare cases. Duku though shown that he know how to manage lighting bolt, at easy threw some very heavy shit when Yoda barely managed to change it's landing pattern.
So Duke is superior, he only died because he was old and also because he was probably told by Sheev to not hurt Anakin.

So it goes
Duku > Sheeve > Maul > piss > jedis pre Empire > shit > retarded persons after Empire

Sorry for my English.

Why even bother bringing the EU into it? Some autist will now mention somebody who was so good with the lightsaber that he could take on a thousand regular jedi at once and destroy suns with his pinky finger.

>literally runs away the entire fight from his own apprentice

I always thought it was Obi Wan, and being the greatest lightsaber duelist ever was the only reason he was able to best Space Jesus Starchild Hitler in their fight.

Yeah, Sheeve

Galen Merek of course

90% of the jedi/sith order would lose against these two. Prove me wrong.

EU Luke or Tulak Hord.

This is the objective answer.

>falling into a Sarlacc pit

Boba does end up with a nice lightsaber collection but Luke still beat that ass

obi wan
>no one can touch the high ground technique

>invoking Sokan

He lost to Obi Wan, Anakin is a punk. The whole point was he had the potential to be the greatest but he was a dumb asshole.

I think it's easier to rank people by feats than by analysing their skill.
I'm pretty pleb at the moment and can't remember the names of the branches of swordplay, but I think Dooku was basically an autistic prodigy in some old fashioned complex style of combat that relied on outmaneuvering his opponents, but he got btfo by anakin because anakins a powerhouse and was really pissed off at the time and dookus style means he can't defend himself for shit.
Anakin at the end of rots was the peak of any duellist but obi wan defeated him because he was proficient in a style that allowed him to not get sliced in half by anakin in 5 seconds and waited for anakin to grow reckless

So I guess by feats, obi-wan?
Or windu if you think:
-Sheev could have beaten anakin at the time of the jedi purge
-Winu beat sheev fair and square at the time

This.

It's either Sheev or Windu. Both are lightsaber OP as fuck, hence Sheev having to resort to force lightning and Anakin backup.

1v1 lightsabers only Mace would ice Sheev.

>both dead from malfunctioning jetpacks

>you'll ever know the true depths of the pottery

long after his death, we will still be gaining more insights into depths of just how far pottery goes

i've laughed at that pic, shame on me

Probably whoever has the most mediclorians/force powers.

If you haven't noticed, people blessed with skill in the force tend to be pretty damn good at everything else they do. Flying a vast range of ships, speed racing, reflexes, persuasion, etc.

So with that in mind, it's likely going to be Rey. Until that happens though, probably Sheev or Yoda at their peaks as well as possibly Anakin.

Was his training with Dooku ever showed in the EU ?

Um. Are those mini lightsabers coming out of his suit?

bro you don't even understand Nyax. 8 lightsabers. 8

i'm not so sure. Because many non force users are able to beat jedi and sith.

Top 5:
Grandmaster Luke
Sheev
Revan
Yoda
Jaina Solo

>jaina solo
>who relied more on bounty hunter techniques to survive than a blade

'no'

I'd say Mace Windu. He beat Palpatine in a duel and George confirmed that he won and Palpatine didn't throw the fight for Anakin's benefit. Palpatine also beat Yoda later on in Sith so I think it's safe to say that Mace is above either of them.

Anakin only beat him because he caught him off guard with a sucker move.

It was in this kino
youtube.com/watch?v=Xy_Po12VyZw

because bounty hunter techniques are more effective and she gives no fucks. She'd still rape just about anyone with a blade.

plus, he killed the best bounty hunter in the galaxy in few second, the same bounty hunter that almost killed obi wan on Kaamino.

>couldn't beat her brother when he was preoccupied on ossus
>beat anyone

youtu.be/9WBY-C-VKTg?t=1h28m24s

In this Clone Wars series you get a snippet of it.

EU?

Luke or Mace.

Sheev lost because he held back long enough for Mace to actiavte Vapad.

>Jaina Solo
>who is considered the Sword of the Jedi
'yes'

In that case, they're non-force users only because their powers haven't been tapped.

It's likely that Han Solo has a lot of mediclorians/force powers that are hidden away. It would explain why he's unnaturally good at piloting the millennium falcon and winning shoot outs.

it's me or the animated grievous is way cooler than the movie version?

>taking a metaphor about being a weapon of the order seriously
>couldn't get out of a vong trap by herself
>got beaten more times in 2 years than any other jedi during the war
>rescued multiple times by Luke/Jacen/Verge

'no'

being a willing tool doesn't mean anything.

Luke is a literal force god and picked up duelling skills reading notes

sad that this is non-canon now though. my favourite arc of the EU

Not to mention this

Even if it's not technically canon

That's one thing that sucks about the canon, realistically it should be a combination of Yoda, Anakin, Luke, Sheev & Windu, but I think from what I remember the top 2 are Windu and Sheev because of that insane book battle they had in ROTS. It's basically impossible to beat Palapatine because he was like an embodiment of the dark side (a wound in the force or some shit), Windu had to do his weird dark side stance just to match him.

Grandmaster Luke > Sheev? Really?

No the TV show all current comics and books are also canon.

>tfw Force Storm is too broken to ever become canon again

It's not you. Animated Grievous was bad ass.

>Luke is a literal force god and picked up duelling skills reading notes
>sad that this is non-canon now though. my favourite arc of the EU

how is learning to duel weild a arc?

Not anymore.

I'd say Yoda. He may have lost to Sheev, but he didn't lose the lightsaber duel. They got separated and when Yoda tried to get near him again he got blasted with lightning, so Sheev didn't win with his lightsaber skills, and I'm guessing he did what he did because he knew that was his only way to win. In fact, he only won that fight at all because Yoda was in a tough spot right on the edge of that platform and because he's so little he got blown back. You can even see Yoda looking determined and Sheev seems to be losing confidence.

should have worded that a bit clearer, those are 2 different points. Not a dual wielding but iirc in EU there are something like forms where Luke generally learned by just reading notes.

the other point, in the arc, I was referring to the Dark Horse arc which is my favourite from the EU,

he means the book arc you simpleton

He realizes he is going to lose the battle but win the war sort of thing. Up until that point jedi used to get scattered visions of the future but his use of dark side had been blocking that. During the duel yoda got a vision of how the jedi could win even if he couldn't personally beat palpatine.

kek, forgot the nigger. Ok Mace is number 5 and bumps Jaina off the list.

What's light saber fighting like? Like fencing, like fighting with long swords or katanas?

based Plo is the best in anything

that's because she's a Mary Sue, not a good duelist.

in the OT its like fighting with long medieval swords

in the NT is like, i don't know, jumping with magic katanas

Mostly fencing with a bit of long sword. There's heavy, medium and light stances.

Probably pretty strange. The weapon weights next to nothing and all the mass is in the small handle so it'd be like swinging a tv remote.

he's best at crashing this plane

That makes sense but then why was Sheev freaking out like he was suddenly terrified of Yoda? Not only that but he showed fear of Yoda right before the fight began as well. Was he sensing that Yoda had that feeling of future confidence?

>weapon weights next to nothing
The weapon, maybe, but the energy created by a light saber actually makes it very difficult to wield due to gravity distortions... well, before Disney fucked it up at least.

he was probably the only anomaly for him and didn't know how to manipulate him

I've always wonder why the jedi did not perceive the incoming danger? A jedi see things before those happen, so why not this time?

because yoda wasn't giving up the fight, and most people aren't catching sith lightning with their hands.

if you look at the end, they're both matching eachother till the boom happened

It's so aggravating that he got bitchslapped in the revan book and TOR

>oh yeah remember that GOAT hero well he got his ass handed to him by proto Sheev and then once again by some ragtag heroes that could canonically be a bounty hunter or Imperial spy

They should've just left him alone

i've quoted the wrong message. I was referring to

that always annoyed me too, even some of the best jedi were taken out by dumb clones

No, right before the boom Sheev was doing this weird moan like he was terrified.

What gravity distortions? Why would it distort gravity?

Why does Yoda just give up and go into hiding? Even if he felt he couldn't beat Sheev then and there why not return with Obi? Together they would surely take Sheev down.

he wasn't sure how big the boom was going to be, literal force of the energy pushing them apart, if you're talking about the lean back thing he does.

He had the plan mid-fight with palpy, going to use obiwan with anakin's kids. He knew he would be sensed wherever he went so in order to deflect that search off of obiwan, he would be the hidden target and let obiwan protect luke.

Chances he'll get the Holocron from Kanan and basically learn everything in there in a few weeks causing Ezra to have an angst arc about how Luke is so much better.

All of you racist faggots know who the fuck it is.

You just don't want to say it.

Savage over powered Dooku and Ventress with the force but Dooku easily defeated them both. Defeated the pair of Ani/Obi and Vos/Ventress. Disarmed Anakin, held off Yoda. Killed Sifas Dyas a master Jedi as well.

>A jedi see things before those happen
What the fuck are you talking about? You mean vague visions and prophecies? The only thing about the future that they are certain of is that it's cloudy and ever changing. How would this help them in a split second combat scenario?

"Why am I the only black jedi on the jedi council?"

>majority of council is non-human jedi

there's like 1 white dude and 1 black dude and a couple of yodas.

long neck guy, plo koon, ki mun adi or whatever his name is..

I mean council on corusant is small

Nigga

Luke Skywalker is the most powerful by far.

Isn't EU Luke broken as fuck in pretty much every way?

Apologies, meant to say gyroscoping effect from the energy being pushed out to create the blade and then returned to the hilt.

He only lost to Obi Wan because of high ground. High ground is the strongest dualist.

Sauce

I don't remember that but it happened in this

youtube.com/watch?v=kq4Ej9KpQhg

Mace Dindu. He uses form 7, the most trickiest of all lightsaber forms.

Brandon a cute.

>2:16
that was the dumbest fucking move I have ever seen

There's a sequel

youtube.com/watch?v=pfa-Pa5IQLg

>How would that help in a split second combat scenario.

Jesus fuck are you fucking serious?

That is literally how their powers work in hand to hand combat.

Windu, Dooku (in his prime) and Bane are all supposed to have been exceedingly good lightsaber duelists.

Luke (after the original trilogy), Yoda and Palpatine are supposed to have been some of the strongest force users.

Really? That shit would actually work though. No one would expect it.

>A jedi see things before those happen, so why not this time?
Again, what the fuck are you talking about? The only time Jedi are shown to see the future is in visions like Luke/Anakin has. There's nothing clear about it, and it certainly doesn't lend any insight into immediate events.

>opponent's lightsaber is directly above your head
>your lightsaber is blocking it from slicing you in half
>turn off your lightsaber
brilliant.

It will never be canon.

Nice trips, but go back to Plebbit please.

The canonical nature of TOR, the Old Republic, the Bioware MMO, is still undecided, actually. It's still being supported because they need a consistent Star Wars game (EA have already fucked the new Battlefront, so they needed something to show that giving EA the license was a semi-good idea so Disney keep supporting it).

I imagine the long term plan is to replace TOR with another online game, and that TOR will be shut down shortly before whatever that is goes up.

he's using the eu thing where a force user in combat gets a spate of myriad possible events that will happen within next 3 seconds.

this user has a good point, it would be one thing to turn it off and get your opponent off balance but not when he is over you.

My Revan when she gets to max level

>The canonical nature of TOR, the Old Republic,
>The canonical nature of The Old Republic, the Old Republic,

It wasn't directly above his head, which should have been obvious considering he didn't get hit in the head when he performed the move. Also you can move your body right before you do it.

WE

Yes, it seemed possible that you did not know that TOR stood for the Old Republic given your information on it was wrong, thus the acronym's meaning was clarified in the text you quoted.

Sheev can lightsaber spin.

It was a good trick.

it's dumb, his opponent handled his lightsaber like a sledgehammer. Once the guy had turned his lightsaber off he could have diverted the direction of the blow. Also if your opponent is so shit that his attacks miss then you shouldn't need to do such a risky move that leaves you utterly defenceless.

wasn't user you were replying to just pointing out that you were dumb also :^)

>He could have diverted the direction of the blow

Sure, if he knew that was going to happen or if he had lightning fast reflexes. It's not ridiculous to assume both of those.

plo koon had the highest attack at 17 out of any of the star wars battlegrounds clones campaigns (pc game), i think that was the developers saying he was the most powerful

>needs to hold his light sabres in his hands
fucking scrub

How was I dumb user? All you pointed out was that I clarified what the acronym stood for. That's helpful, not dumb.

G.L. already said he didn't throw the fight.

>Revan
>she

Kreia blew my mind the first time I played KOTOR 2

well yeah, he's not a force user

What the fuck happened? And he's voiced by Jeff Bennett too. Such a waste.

Isn't that just because in the OT Luke learns lightsaber fighting from a decrepit old man, and uses it to fight an older, robot man? Hence why it's so much slower.

I always assumed the type of high-style fighting in the PT was because of force-jumping and years of training, but when all the Jedi's died the style became lost. Luke never had a chance to learn it, so the art of lightsaber fencing was lost.

Source?

>People posting Luke

He pummeled an elderly person in a wheelchair suit to the ground before being electrocuted by Sheev.

i.e. a useless scrub

he killed a lot of jedi

He was tortured for over 300 years by the Emperor.

That doesn't excuse the shitty art style though.

No one, almost every jedi is said to be the most skilled person of their age,etc,etc it would be harder to find a jedi who sucked with a lightsaber

>Revan male raven
everyone knows Revan is a girl and exile is Jesus

so now he has a big misshapen head

he seems pretty good at fencing

everyone has bad days

would've been my pick.

No.

Yeah but Obi-Wan kicked his ass in lightsaber combat.

They destroyed his backstory in The Clone Wars. Everything is getting wiped clean and some good shit is getting thrown out.

I'd probably put my money on Windu.

Exhibit A: "Obi-Wan is as wise as Master Yoda, and as powerful as Master Windu" - Anakin
I always took this to mean that Windu was the best duellist. I get that Anakin is saying Obi-Wan is just as good but I feel that's more a "muh mentor" thing.

Exhibit B: He absolutely #shrekts Sheev. You could argue Sheev knew Anakin would come and intervene, but I don't think that was the case here. Especially when he tries to electrocute Windu and Windu fucks his face up. I doubt that was part of his plan.

Granted, I haven't read a whole lot of the EU, and even less of the new canon stuff.

well, obi-wan wins the fight with strategy and a little bit of luck. Maul kick his ass 'till the very end

Lewd digits

Rey Palpatine

yes

Did you watch the fight? Obi-Wan whooped him, cut his lightsbaber in half and shit. Maul just got him with a force push. That's not superior dueling skill. That's using a different tictac.

This. She's perfect.

Even Yoda knew that Sheev would have raped Obi Wan six ways to Sunday.

And, you know, got his ass handed to him by Dooku. Twice.

MOST SKILLED LIGHTSABER DUELIST

>canon
Boba Fett... 100% canon and he beats Vaders ass... in the non-canon he crawls back for more and keeps being badass... sad that in the movies he just appears for a whole of 20 minutes...

>non-canon
this one is simple:
if it's not Darth Krayt, it must be >pic related

It's Mace Windu. Bitches itt don't know about Vaapad.

>tfw this is now canon

High ground obi wan> jacen solo> Luke sky walker> windu > dooku

Revan was a guy. He later fucked Bastila and had a baby with her. Years later their descendant (Satele Shan) was the Gran Master of Jedi Order.

You meet both Revan and Meetra Surik's (Jedi Exile's) ghost in SWTOR.

Darth Krayt was dying half the time and both he and Jacen seemed more force focused.Jacen's sister was better than him at sabers but sucked at the force

Vaapad is a temp boost. its not a stable skill and all you need to do is wait it out till he self destructs

>people saying Yoda

He's not even in the conversation honestly. I would say Bane, not even memeing

Did they redo it in the new comics?

BANE?

we all read the book and played the online game. canon version is just so sheet (especially when it comes to exile) that head canon one out for most people.

>Boba with a lightsaber kept pace with Vader

tOR makes a shitload of money. I think it's the most played MMO after WoW.

Jacen knew nearly all battle techniques and was extremely powerful in duels. He used to kill fully armoured Mandos in a second using Shatterpoint.

I prefer male Exile simply because it feels more fleshed out, Disciple a shit. Also I liked Kreia's cockteasing with regards to Handmaiden and Visas.

long ago so did star wars galaxies

It's popularity decreases drastically.
>no new OPS for 2 years - PVE players leaving the game
>shitty balance in PVP, only 2 new warzones in 2 years - PVP players leaving the game
>solo content is shit compared to vanilla - solo players leaving the game

SWTOR earns money mostly because of idiots buying Cartel packs to play Space Barbie Dressup instead of SW game. A new expansion comes in November, so they'll get some new players, but they'll leave soon since there's nothing to do.

>i hate this game so it's doing poorly even though that's not true

t. average Cred Forums user

The clones were simply following orders, so the Jedi were blissfully unaware of the intent of those orders until it was too late. Also, in many of the scenes the Jedi are in the midst of battle, so that sense of danger is already present and surrounding them. During the montage you see confusion and realization in Aayla and Ki-Adi Mundi, but again it's way too late.
Doesn't Rebels take place a few years after RotS? Luke is a toddler and Ezra doesn't know shit about him. I doubt Kanan will live past a fourth season to deliver the holocrons to Obi-Wan/Luke.

You might be thinking of the Duel on Ithor with Corran Horn.
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Battle_of_Ithor#Duel_for_the_Future_of_Ithor

I wish the game would let you lezz out with the Handmaiden.

less people are playing it than tera online and wow out does it 4-5 times

>i'm an idiot who doesn't play SWTOR and have no idea what's the current state of the game is, but i'll write something anyway

Top kek. I've been playing this game 3 years now.
>dying servers
>dying guilds
>bugs everywhere
>no new real endgame content
>no new planets (small instances in KotFE don't count)
>customer service is a joke
>Musco streams are pure fucking cringe

Yeah, it's obviously me who's in denial.

my game glitched out so half the time her sabers just stayed there and could be destroyed with force lighting(which should not work on a saber) Was she good with them? the attention it would take, makes me think she would just be like bunch of mediocre guys instead of 1 master

this

Isn't Mace Windu canonically the best lightsaber fighter?

>coming down with an overhead chop
>opponent lifts his light saber to block it
>turn your light saber off before it hits his
>turn it back on as soon as it's past his and cut him in half

BENE?

>Luke fought literal force gods, and only person he did not out right defeat was his own nephew who was a great grandson/reincarnation of vader.

Although he could have, easily. There's a scene where he just waltzes on into Jacen's office and throws him around the room for a few minutes just for the hell of it.

yes, yes we have all seen the drawings of the autistic geniuses about how they would make better fighters than all the masters

when he wasn't prepared yeah Luke had the advantage there which was point to get under his skin, when they were both prepared he wasn't doing so well.

though even Jacen admits he is surprised he held his own

>force tells you it is going to happen before it does
>force warns you the other guy knows it
>do it anyway
>you end up spitroasted

>if it's not Darth Krayt, it must be >pic related

Lol. Do we ever see him beat anyone good? He kills a random apprentice in betrayal and stabs Katarn in the chest later on, but then he gets his ass handed to him by his little sister and he's so much weaker than Luke that Luke beats him without having to move a muscle.

Except Yoda, Yoda was like the fuck is happening in my force space. And he killed Gree, lopped my niggas head off his shoulders. RIP Gree

In terms of sheer saber vs saber duelling? Dooku.

His form was an older one, focused entirely on saber duelling, whereas the other Jedi/Sith used styles focused towards going against blasters, etc.

i never understood his plan to overthrow the emperor? firstly he has no idea how to run anything let alone the entire galaxy, also how would killing the emperor suddenly make him the emperor? the emperor solely became the emperor by tricking all the politicians into giving him more and more power in a plan that took decades. someone coming in and killing the emperor wouldn't then make you the emperor.

What the fuck even is Vaapad? I thought it was a Lightsaber form for the longest time. It's not?

Nobody ever accused Anakin of being smart. But he was in charge of the entire Imperial military, so there was a way for him to seize power and maintain order if he had the balls to do it.

Metaphorical balls, of course. His testicles were burned off in the lava.

I thought he was really good after he lost his arm and came back? Probably still not the best though.

>Luke that Luke beats him without having to move a muscle.
luke needed all the other masters to boost him

Honestly I think the duel against Onimi, fighting both jedi guard killer squad, both supreme overlords, saving Luke/Jaina, showed where his true potential was.

He opened a hole into the force itself. He also went out of his way to not have to kill luke, though after he goes darkside we're not sure of how much control he has.

They had a predetermined ending in mind that had nothing to do with his abilities, since most starwars stories end the same way, in all reality he shouldn't have lost to his sister.

That being said Luke tried fighting him 1v1 and didn't win outright, thats only evidence we have.

Saba, Katarn and a squad of jedi masters couldn't take him outright so I would argue it depends on how you look at it.

#ImaNerd

it is a Lightsaber from, it taps into dark side and the more you do it the more it burns you out and puts you at the risk of falling. like a real life sword techniques, it has a limited application since you can no more keep it forever than you could run a marathon with a sprinters skill

It is a force discipline that ties into juyo. It is his own 'thing'

Its a special swordfighting technique where Mace channels the dark side through his light saber for extra power.

Nobody else uses it because it is dangerous.

Was he actually in charge the Imperial Military i didn't even know that, i thought he didn't actually have any power and was just the guy you send out to get shit done.

He was emotionally unstable at the time and Im assuming he was banking on people turning to him due to his hero statues + him using codes to control clones would give him some control over the galaxy. He would then go on to kill anyone who said no

Kyle Katarn.

green lightsabers were added in RotJ you mongoloid.

he was after tarkin's death. you're right that he was a figurehead to scare emperor's enemies.

he was outside the main ranking but everyone know he was the main guy. Who else would they turn to?

>i thought he didn't actually have any power and was just the guy you send out to get shit done

He was in Episode IV. In Episode V he got promoted. In IV he's taking orders from Tarkin, in V he's giving orders and murdering high-ranking military officials on a whim.

Im pretty sure Windu is the most skilled fighter, wasnt his training so intense ot was practically dark side shit?

I thought that was just because he wasn't allowed to do anything to Tarkin on orders from the emperor, when Tarkin was killed there was no one left to stand in his way.

most of the material around then painted vader not in any single role. Whatever emperor wanted is where he went. Ships, militaries, no role was his only thing. Which worked out well since lucas conveniently wrote himself out of the corner.

>overly emotional diatribe about a successful video game

t. 16 year old

Your tears don't really mean anything when SWTOR makes 100m+ plus a year

How the fuck did two nerds in a garage shoot a better saber fight than fucking JJ Abrams did on a several million dollar budget?

>sucks SWTOR MMO dick
>calls others 16 year olds
sure thing, Mr.sophisticated adult

You're just embarrassing yourself now.

>it makes money so its beyond reproach

EU does not exist

They weren't trying to milk as much money as possible out of normies

I've never played it, he was just saying how it was going to be shut down shortly. Which is what Cred Forums has been saying since the game launched.

i think its stated somewhere that sam jack was the best.

>six years of tortantic shit talking, its still chugging along

this user is correct

Why didn't he just stop using his lightning when he saw it getting reflected back at him

honestly it looked like he got stunned and couldn't stop it.

which always made me personally feel that it was a plan of his all along.

Out of the way patriarchy.

>Vagichlorians>men

>why didn't he just stop cumming when he saw it getting reflected back at him

>notjaina was a mistake

EXPLAIN THE PURPLE AND ORANGE LIGHTSABERS

pfft user, they're so many lightsaber colors out there, it would hurt your mind.

Then going into synthetic versus naturally forming ones.

Do the colours actually bear any significance

well besides blade qualities, in of themselves, various cultures had different views of blade colors.

he wasn't disfigured, he was revealed

kek kys

I think that continuity-nerd who works for lucasfilm once said that Sheev had a scarred up face all along because he was so invested in the dark side, he just used force-magic to conceal it. Then when he fought against Windu he dropped the mask and played the victim for Anakin's sake.

Always sounded like bullshit to me but there you go.

Daily reminder:

Only Obi Wan could beat the high ground. Ironic.....

Spinning/Flipping > High Ground
Anakin tried to use it against him, but he knew how to counter it after perfecting the High Ground technique.

Finn has never been defeated just sayin, and he never even trained.

>Finn
what? he literally got cut up by kylo

>no one posting Caedus
>literally shit on the sword of the Jedi with one hand
>was a Jedi, saw the future invasion and outright saved the entire galaxy by making everyone come together to fight him just so they could be ready for the invasion
>Luke too pussy to fight 1v1
>instead of killing his own sister he stops fighting to tell his wife to get the fuck out with his daughter
>Luke too much of a bitch says "NAH YOU WON JAINA! IT WAS ALL YOU!"

Mace DINDU

Lmao

he's been mentioned several times up above

Tulak Horde.

>mfw when reading all these pleb opinions

OP said we were taking into account the expanded universe.

When it comes to everything force and lightsaber, the answer is that luke is the strongest.

we all agree that this motherfucker is the shittiest jedi of the whole galaxy?

This.

>Windu went out Window

Kek

Bane until he got old and Zannah whooped his ass.

The High Ground is a point of view. This is the decisive realization that Obi-wan makes in this fateful encounter. He simply adopted his point of view to have the high ground in this scene, which has been explained in several images created by fellow anons before.

That's the true art of the high ground. Anakins vanity and lack of critical reflection on his own status and abilities is demonstrated, when he tries to attack the Master of the High Ground, when he has the high ground not only from a point of view but even literally.

It's like fencing with your parrying dagger.

>adopted his point of view
>merely adopted it

no wonder vader eventually kicked his ass

Fucking idiot.

A Revan with two levels of Scout and 18 levels of Guardian would shit on you

With about 14 STR and 18 DEX too instead of that

>those int/wis/cha/will stats
holy fuck it wouldn't even matter if you were any good with a saber a fucking youngling could force choke you

Why not just throw in Predator with Legolas' bow and a Xenomorph with Neptune's trident?

>not leaving those levels untouched until you get through rakghoul area and just using rest of your party to float you

turrible display senpai

>recruit best duelists to arrrest sith chancellor
>almost all of them die instantly

Please don't remind me.

can anyone explain the context of this fight?

implying it doesn't

Do you think they'll let you grab her right in the pussy?

The masketta man?

Windu could give Grandmaster Luke a run for his money, I think. An ancient Sith Lord would be terrifying too.

God, I own these novels and still read them from time to time. So hilariously bad, so incredibly dumb amd over-the-edgy. Even among star wars novels, which are bad by Definition, this is the epitome of shit literature.

Who who has read Mathew "Most based SW writer" Stovers novels.

Traitor was my favorite, but the revenge of the sith novelization was really good too.

>lying on the internet

you love them, dont even lie

He probably does, but it doesn't stop him from knowing they are horrible.

>I don't like that theory, mainly because it involves frying his own face.
He obviously chose to do that, he could have used force push, Dindu couldn't have matched it, he intentionally chose the attack that would make it look like he was dying anyway and Anakin had to make a choice

#councilsowhite

He was a good friend.

Cuz Yoda felt "the disturbance" via all the Jedi getting ganked.
Sorry about Gree though.

I remember reading the clone wars novels. Shatterpoint, The Cestus Deception, Jedi Trial. Shit like that. I actually wrote a book report on Cestus in high school lmao

I absolutely love them!

This. Not a "he" tho.

Wasn't the Luke that waltzed in Jacen's office and clobbered him actually an illusion Luke was creating from another ship several thousand kilometers away too?

Ganner Rhysode