Was she a good actress...

Was she a good actress? Is she remembered positively for her contribution to cinema or was she vapid and everything wrong with Hollywood?
Edit: Don't delete this threads mods it's not waifu crap it's for genuine discussion

She was a decent actress but she is not at all remembered for her movies or contribution to cinema.

Females idolize her because she's a whore. Media remembers her because she died young and fucked the president.

She was not a good actress, but she was a good movie star. Being a star takes more than talent, you need screen presence

She's famous because she was a high dollar prostitute.

If you think actresses suck at acting now, take a glance at the so called "Golden Age" broads. They genuinely sucked. In more ways than one.

boy howdy that's some shit opinion you have

Niagara she played herself. Not an actress.
Damaged goods.

She wasn't stupid. She wasn't happy with what she was.
Couldn't reconcile shit.
Bette Paige knew what she was and was content in her skin.
I used to like her but every fat blue haired idiot thinks they are her now. Annoying.
Cyd Charisse. There was a woman. All round near perfect.

Marilyn couldn't handle adulthood, a lot of people who worked with her said it was like dealing with a 5 year old

Her best work acting wise was her lesser know movies stuff honestly.

Don't bother to knock
Niagara(which is also a pretty good overlook noir movie)
River of No Return
There's No Business Like Show Business

All are movies that show she was decent actress desu. If she didn't die maybe she would have try doing more serious movies.

People might not like her but damn she had stage presence. I remember watching one of her movies and her reveal was amazing, I mean I couldn't take my eyes off her.

I just think the fame got to her and she didn't know how to handle it since she was from bumfuck nowhere. The machine literally chewed her up and spit her out. I mean she was happy when she was out of the spotlight but the moment she went back it came crashing back down again.

Another woman that essentially proved all women are children.

Nothing special, she just got lots of PR. Worship someone of worth, OP.

>I mean I couldn't take my eyes off her
Just jerk off, you old son of a bitch.

IMO she was an alright actress, but that is not why she is now legendary.
She had presence. Something about her that captivated. More than just being beautiful and charming.
I think Marilyn was also very tragic and misunderstood. I think she was constantly at war within herself. One side of her is the immortal goddess we remember today, and the other was her human side, the side that likely death with depression and anxiety and possibly other mental health issues. Back then things like that were hardly even acknowledged so it's no wonder she had a break down.

Marilyn was a really bad actress but an brilliant superstar. Also, she was a very smart woman who knew how to play the Hollywood game.

Kim Novak was both hotter and a far better actress, she's the real blonde bombshell

Basically 75% of American woman today? lol yeah, 75% is generous.

>I think Marilyn was also very tragic and misunderstood.

She had so much mommy issue that she would put the mommyfags here to shame.

Basically she was the original qt vulnerable blonde slut who all guys thought they could be her one

must be nice to never grow up without being shamed for it and called a manchild

Sometimes I really envy women

>she's the real blonde bombshell
Not even. The real Blonde bombshell was Jayne Mansfield.
She lost her head after a chat with spoopy Anton.
Actually, Sharon Tate was fucking stunning too. Crazy attractive. Shame.

Don't care for Jayne Mansfield, something bugs me about her face. Love me some Sharon Tate tho

It is. My finance makes six figures and I house wife it up for him. It's glorious.

I watched the fearless vampire killers a few nights ago. Made me think how amazing she was.
Diana Rigg is my humble 60's crush. The eyes and the smirk. Glorious. I thought I knew the old devious lady from game of thrones from somewhere. When it clicked I was happy. Glad she's still around.

>lying to impress a person you'll never meet or know
for what purpose?

Diana Rigg is awesome and such perfect casting as Nat Dormers grandmother. They look a lot a like when Diana Rigg was young, especially the smirk.

>for what purpose
Exactly what reason would I have for lying? Doesnt really matter if you believe me or not though.

>Sharon Tate
>mfw reading how she died.

What a horrible way to go my god.

>murdered by the Mansons
Holy shit

Love Diana in OHMSS. One of the all-time best Bond girls

She's remembered because she was a whore who fucked a president, lived a scandal filled life, and then died young. That said, she wasn't a bad actress. Very typecast though.

>Very typecast though.
Why didn't she ever played a mother. It would have been fun insanity seeing her try to play one.