'The Room' Director Tommy Wiseau and Star Greg Sestero Reunite for New Movie (Exclusive)

hollywoodreporter.com/news/room-director-tommy-wiseau-star-937339 (Trailer in link)

Tommy Wiseau, known for directing and starring in what is often considered one of the worst movies ever made, and Sestero appear together 15 years later for 'Best F(r)iends.'
It’s been nearly 15 years since Tommy Wiseau directed and starred in the cult classic The Room, which became known by many as one of the worst films of all time due to its odd style of filmmaking, awkward acting performances and inconsistent narrative structure.

Now, Wiseau is reuniting with The Room star Greg Sestero in a new movie called Best F(r)iends.

Here, The Hollywood Reporter exclusively debuts a trailer for the project, which follows a man (Sestero) who meets a lonely mortician (Wisaeu) who takes him on a wild journey.

The film came about when Sestero wrote a story that was inspired by a road trip he took with Wiseau in 2003. He brought the role of the mortician to Wiseau, who responded positively to the character.

"I think it's a role that will really spotlight Tommy's unique talent and charisma, while also setting up an unexpected and exciting reunion," Sestero tells THR.

They quietly shot the film, directed by Gary Fong, in August and September in Los Angeles and Canada, keeping it mostly a secret until the first trailer revealed above. The distribution plan is still in the works but the filmmakers are aiming for a theatrical release.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Fong
twitter.com/AnonBabble

"After watching Best F(r)iends, your mind will find paradise," says Wiseau, whose unique accent and mannerisms can be seen in the first trailer. The project is repped by Matt Leipzig at Original Artists and Shelley Surpin at Surpin, Mayersohn & Coghill.

New Line is currently making a film about the making-of The Room, which is directed by and starring James Franco. In The Masterpiece (previously called The Disaster Artist), Franco will play the eccentric Wiseau, the director and star of the 2003 drama, which developed a strong cult following, including among celebrities, who loved it in a "so bad it's good" way.

Sestero, who starred in The Room, and Tom Bissell wrote the 2013 nonfiction book The Disaster Artist, which chronicled the shoot. Sestero described his life as a struggling actor and what it was like to work with the mysterious and eccentric Wiseau, who had no filmmaking experience when he set out to write, direct and produce The Room, which centers on a man named Johnny whose fiancee, Lisa, cheats on him with his best friend, Mark.

Do you think TW holds a grudge against him, or does his brain just not work that way?

>10 cents has been deposited into your account.

TW probbaly doesn't hold a grudge. He's a businessman and embraced the hatred for his movie. Dude is smarter than he appears.

You're doing great and fitting in so well here. Enthusiasm is soo passé huh?

Well I for one welcome the Dawn of Wiseaukino. We used to have some really great Disaster Artist threads, a bit before your time.

Am I supposed to know who these people are kek

I... I'm kinda hyped.

It's sort of a no lose scenario. As long as it's ridiculous, it'll be worth watching. If it's actually good, that's a bonus.

>not directed by Tommy
>meme soundtrack
>meme cinematography
>written by Greg "only relevant because of Tommy but I'm gonna laugh at him at any given opportunity" Sestero
No.

This is an ARG for The Masterpiece. The movie isnt on IMDB and the director doesnt exist.

The trailer looks like it's a serious movie. The quality and way it's shot reminds me of I'm Not A Serial Killer.
Also it is a good part for Tommy.

>>meme cinematography

What did he meme by this?

>Best F(r)iends

I'm sure they stole this title from Herzog's My Best Fiend

>The movie isnt on IMDB
Probably the last thing on their mind
>director doesn't exist
More like doesn't want to be connected to a meme movie if it fails

Also the facebook page isnt real and if you've read Disaster Artist you know Greg would never work with Tommy again. It's an ARG thatll lead up to a trailer for The Masterpiece.

Just look at how fake the quotes are in the end of the trailer. Not to mention how the themes of the movie are literally the same as The Disaster Artist.

I've also seen that movie. #wow

>meme soundtrack
>meme cinematography

What does this actually mean? Define how a thing is "meme"

What's an "ARG"?

THat's a fine theory, and i'd be ok with that, but Greg's career's not exactly on fire. He does appearances with Tommy anyway. If he figures he can squeeze a little more cash out of their relationship, why not?

Pirate slang for Addendum Reposte Gratuitous.

It's Latin.

If it's just a viral thing I'll be so pissed. It actually looks promising.

>and if you've read Disaster Artist you know Greg would never work with Tommy again

He's still collaborating with him to this day. This trailer proves.

you have alot to learn about judging things user, but i suspect you won't

I never heard of that term before. I don't think anyone has.

>soo passé

You are without any doubt a gigantic faggot

>meme soundtrack
Electro droning is in now just like Inception's "bwaa" was in every trailer couple of years ago
>meme cinematography
Wide shots of nature just because

Alternative Reality Game

The cinematography looks like it's straight out of a student film. It's not terrible, but it's not kino.

>Wide shots of nature just because

Damn, really made me think. Thanks.

>You are without any doubt a gigantic faggot

No way! Two people have seen the exact same movie!

Crazy world

Seems like schlock horror which is promising

Looking forward

pls be real

Tommy Wiseau's voice and speech patterns can make ANY LINE hilarous.

Tom "kinousseur" Wisaeu

>the director doesnt exist.

He seems like a larger than life character to rival Tommy

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Fong

woah

cool dude

>"Come on, you can trust me"
>Immediately cuts to Greg getting in a hearse
100% keks.

It looks kinda serious but it could be fun. I dig noir-style stuff anyway, and the cinematography looks really cool

Alternate Reality Game, usually some shit done through the internet, where people try and uncover a mystery. Cloverfield/10 Cloverfield Lane did it.

>Just look at how fake the quotes are in the end of the trailer.
I dunno, I'd believe Capone would spew some bullshit like that.

If it's real they're AT LEAST not trying to cash in on the 'trying to be so bad it's good' market and it makes their movie better than the sequel to Samurai Cop, all these shitty Sharknado movies and Birdemic sequels.
And seeing how Sestero is a somewhat decent writer (if he had wrote all of the Disaster Artist himself I'd say he's an amazing writer).

JUST

Get a load of triggered Timmy over here

I can't wait. I saw "The Room" when I was about 14 in 02, and genuinely enjoyed it. I thought it was one of those scyfy tier independent films, entertaining but there's just something about it that makes it better than your typical indy film. I thought it was some kind of bizaare drama, like a budget lynch film or something.

Halloween isn't for 19 days, put that spooky shit away

Hopefully Tommy will be a vampire

who is this semon gorgon?

the lady looks nice too

Well I guess Greg's a pretty bad actor no matter who is directing. It looks to be shot really well, but something about the picture quality and the sound make it seem a bit amateur. Soundtrack seems derivative, but it gets the job done. It'll probably be bad but interesting.

I don't get what's going on it's just Greg with a nerdy fan?