/advanced/

This is a thread for those of us who have been watching cinema seriously for over 5 years and have seen over 1000 films. Don't be offended; some of us have simply moved past imdb-core, capeshit, and the same old indie flicks. Do not derail the thread with trolling or off-topic discussion.

Without further adieu, I wish a warm welcome to my fellow cinephiles. Here are some discussion points to get our thread started:

>What have you been watching recently?

>What is your opinion on the current state of American and world cinema?

I watched The Deer Hunter today and I must say, I was blown away. A revolutionary work of art a well-deserved award winner.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qe2JBMmuNgY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I watched Deliverance last night

it was pretty gud

I can't stop laughing

quickly! movies set tokyo
youtube.com/watch?v=qe2JBMmuNgY

Why do you keep reposting this exact pasta?

I am autistic.

Why are you such a jerk?

deep space 9, debating watching all original Godzilla movies.

>What is your opinion on the current state of American and world cinema?

Very little new things coming out. Everything is safe and has simple plots. Even film festival scene is getting repetitive. I could say we need some breakout films but that doesn't mean people will watch them. And its all about the money in the end.

>autistic
That explains your shit taste. It's funny when autistic people think they can possibly ever attempt to understand art.
Art works by communicating and evoking emotion. Autists are emotionally retarded. It is fundamentally impossible for an autist to have a worthwhile opinion on art

The best you can do is memorise someone else's opinion and pass it off as your own

Tokyo! (2008)

>Art works by communicating and evoking emotion
kek

>t. an autist deluding himself into thinking he has worth

Incorrect, you plebeian shitstain.

Now, Go home

>t. an autist deluding himself into thinking he understands art

>getting mad because he can't refute the argument
What's it like knowing you can never truly appreciate your favourite hobby?

>UR A PLEB
>NO U
well, that only took not even 20 posts

another senpai
I've already seen it
Ozu films
Tokyo 1958
Tokyo Olympiad
Enter the void
Tokyo Ga
Babel
Tokyo Pop

>getting mad

Nice Ad Homonem, redditor.

>no u

Fuck off to watch your Godzilla flick to your capeshit threads, only serious cinema will be discusses here.

>can't even spell ad hominem
>never mind use it correctly
I'm literally lmaoing at your life right now

>Café Lumière
>Tokyo.sora

I saw Deadpool recently, pretty good. Age of Ultron was decent, but Marvel has set such a high quality standard that it wasn't anything special.

>he didn't understand I was referencing his sexuality

How stupid are you kid? Stick to your capeshit!

See pic

>makes obscure joke that only he gets
>thinks it makes him smart
You weren't joking about having autism were you?

I also got it.

Deadpool /kino/ as fuck mate

and me

these are mine

hey man, your link is not functioning

I see the pic, what else do you want me to do?

touch yourself.

Post some movies you wished were finished

A Talking Cat!?! (2013, DeCoteau)

>some pleb got this triggered

>Kurosawa, , Kubrick, Lynch, Villenueve, Welles, Inarritu, Malick, Carpenter, Cronenberg, Bergman, Tarkovsky, Ozu, Godard, Herzog, Eisenstein, Scorsese, Mann, Linklater, Hitchcock, Coppola, Leone, Bunuel, Lean, Fellini, Antonioni, Melville, Cameron, Truffaut, Renoir, Dreyer, Bresson, Tarr, Haneke, Korine, Kiarostami, Refn, Noe, Resnais, Brakhage, von Trier, Paul Thomas Anderson, Wes Anderson, Kieślowski, Kar-Wai Wong, Chan-wook Park, Joon-ho Bong, Ki-duk Kim, Jodorowsky the list goes on!

The hallmarks of the tasteless and the uninitiated. It's okay if you're just getting into the medium, but there are some (even here, on a so called ''film'' board) that actually believe they are cultured or have a snippet of taste because they like these directors, when in actuality they are nothing more than embarrassing cringeworthy copy/paste babbies with no opinion on the medium they claim to love whatsoever.

For a cinephile like myself, it is truly disgusting to watch, and the main reason I, and many others, steer far away from this pit of despair and depravity.

I already did that

slip?

you sound mad