Channel Zero

>new horror syfy anthology tv series
>episode about the old candle cove creepypasta

Why is nobody talking about this? Is it shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

creepypasta.org/creepypasta
nesgodzillacreepypasta.blogspot.de/2012/03/chapter-1-earth-mars.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They moved it to /x/ where no one can appreciate it. Everyone is complaining it's slow. Atmosphere is 10/10. Acting is just ok. I loved it probably more than I should. For a pilot it was great. Hoping to god the rest of the season can stand up. But season 2 is going to be no-end house...

>SyFy Channel
>Max "Stolen Content" Landis
>SyFy Channel

>it's a tripfag doesn't watch anything episode

>it's the same Mx Landis/SyFy shill shilling this unoriginal crap every day for free

Also, I'm not krager. His trip leaked so if you want infinite keks type Krager #KSTEW4EVER into your name field

Decent, felt like it started better than it ended though

So you didn't like it because it's unoriginal. Just say that. Otherwise you've said nothing about the content of the episode.

How do you make an episode out of Candle Cove? It was pretty reliant on the chatlog format for it's effectiveness.

not sure, im gonna watch the first ep right now

I hope they do an interpretation of anansi's goatman story that isn't shit

It's 6 episodes

Anyone got a mega link for it?

That sounds cool as fuck. Not sure how you can do a whole season on that, though.

It was okay.
There was some cool imagery.

I'll see if it keeps up and does something crazy by the end. The first ep was decent enough.

Because

That some kind of teeth man?

It wasn't shit, but it wasn't very good either.

The creature effects are cool, but spooky monsters alone do not an effective horror story make. The way they kept hawking them in front of the camera instead of keeping them obscured in the shadows felt like trying to overcompensate for lack of guts in the plot and acting department with cool art design. Like "Hey, look at this cool, scary thing. Please don't think too hard about how everyone's acting is about on par with a middle school play".

Also the conceit loses its charm and impact when you just adapt it straight as a normal show. The Candle Cove pasta's effectiveness is 90% its forum chat format. Without that it just feels like generic spooky story #8,735. The fact that they shoehorned in a plot about a bunch of kids being murdered just adds to that sense of lameness.

Already, from just the first episode, I can tell the ebin plot twist is going to be that the main psychologist dude is actually the one doing everything while he's being controlled by the candle cove monsters, and he did it back in the 80's too.

Please don't insult my show

I don't even doubt you are Max. Why didn't you show up at the screen junkies panel you hack fraud?

Candle Cove wasn't even a good pasta to beginn with. There are way better ones out there.

Or even the rake. I would like to see a SCP foundation season

It had a nice twist, but I agree. It's pretty much all in the punch. I haven't seen the show yet, but I imagine there is a lot they can do with it provided they aren't completely married to the source material.

Granted there are worse pastas. They could go even more on the nose and be making a Jack the Killer series. Or the Rake.

Goatman is one of the creepiest, but I feel like it's mostly a product of the format. The more I picture it as a movie/show, the less scary it gets. It goes from being an authentic feeling account of a horrifying event that feels like it could have happened to a generic teens venture to a cabin in the woods type movie. And I feel like the "cat talking without words" sound the creature makes would be infinitely less creepy outside of one's imagination.

what are the best pastas? I only know some of the famous ones that I'm not that into, but I'd like to read the 'good' ones

I want to brush his entire body with toothpaste then power rinse him with mouthwash.

creepypasta.org/creepypasta

There is a rating system and it tells you how long the stories are.

yeah but is the rating system an indication of quality, or is it just 12 year olds giving 5-stars to shitty stories

>poopypasta

That's why no one is talking about it.

not him, but 6 legged rape centaur is my favorite

So the spooky puppets are gonna rape this dude right?

Here's my favorite. Well worth the read.

nesgodzillacreepypasta.blogspot.de/2012/03/chapter-1-earth-mars.html

>well worth the read

For a while.

Creative commons means no money to be made off ANYTHING SCP